• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I evolved Underlord Hades and will keep him up as leader, will he be a decent help to people for the current mech? I'm going to level him further today with metal dragons.

Also I keep a set of 4 liliths/succubi, makes for easy for Wed and Fri dungeons! Had to do something with the duplicates, lol.

Thanks, Xel! Was gonna try and tackle Master once I lvl up my CDD.

MicH

I love Hades for the Mech - resist AND 30%damage with the active skill? Awesome! Also the Noble Mech rules the Rust Mech with his active skill as well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Alright he's only level 27 right now (from pengdras) but I will boost him really high today with metal dragons to help people out!

xelios

Such a baller.

It's just something to make me not feel completely useless..

I've decided at this point to start focusing on leveling resist monsters since they're becoming so important for everyone here late game and I just want to be able to help out too. I've gotten so much help from you guys. I really love how active and dedicated this thread has become.

Yeah, sucks not having my old stamina / unit resources to take advantage of it all. I'm stuck running Anket 4 on beginner because I can't handle normal with my team.

Trying to decide if I save my stones for the GodFests coming up, drop them on the FF gacha, or use them now and go for a Valkyrie. So much pressure to just buy some stones but I know that'll just shorten the shelf-life of the game for me. :/

Cosmo, can you throw your friend code up again? I need to add you again since my friend list was wiped.
It's in the criminally neglected JP table in the friends spreadsheet. I'm almost tempted to reroll for a Great Valk (which is in murakofest) tonight because my current account has not yielded me any good pulls aside from a second Valk, and I can easily clear dungeons until I get another three or four rare pulls in time for Godfest...

ccbfan

One thing good about Blue, Yellow and Dark mech runs is that you can have a double resist parties as well as major offense active skill on the partner leader so even for poor folks like me, we can still bust through the dungeon when we go all defensive. Which for is a must for master and legendary.

I'll probably try a legendary dark run.

Thinking of

Chaos Devil Dragon
Siren
Enchilada
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper

Hades or dark neptune, whichever is availiable.

Doable?

Kosh

For those that didn't already know, I just learned a new tip for Pendra raising. Pengdras need about 2550 exp to reach max level. Unless I have a bunch of fodder material from other dungeons, I usually feed them whatever else I get from the technical dungeons while farming them. The majority of fodder being Chimeras and Carbuncles. 1 Chimera and 1 Carbuncle of the same element is enough to max out a Pengdra. But evolved Carbuncles are rarer drops than Chimeras and I usually end up with just Chimeras to feed when the Carbuncles run out. But 2 Chimeras only provide 2400 exp, so it takes 3 Chimeras to max a Pengdra, and it goes over the 2550 exp needed by quite a bit, making it wasteful. Well I just discovered that if you feed 1 Chimera to another, it raises it to level 6, and that provides 2400 base exp or 3600 exp for the same element. So, it only takes 2 Chimera to max a Pengdra if you feed 1 Chimera to another before feeding it to the Pengdra. A 50% increase in efficiency!

You know what sucks about this? When you combine two Chimeras to feed a Pengdra and the Chimera gets a skillup. Feels like such a waste, especially when you had just combined a MSK to a ADK hoping to get a skillup.

You know what sucks about this? When you combine two Chimeras to feed a Pengdra and the Chimera gets a skillup. Feels like such a waste, especially when you had just combined a MSK to a ADK hoping to get a skillup.

Funny you mention this. So far, I have gotten ZERO skillups for my ADK. But following my attempts to skillup my ADK, I've gotten a near 60% success rate skilling up my harpie demon with the baby taur demons you get from from the ADK dungeon. It's. So. Maddening.

or when you get an 'excellent' while maxing out a Pengdra. Pisses me off.

ToxicAdam

One thing good about Blue, Yellow and Dark mech runs is that you can have a double resist parties as well as major offense active skill on the partner leader so even for poor folks like me, we can still bust through the dungeon when we go all defensive. Which for is a must for master and legendary.

Thinking of

Chaos Devil Dragon
Siren
Enchilada
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper

Doable?

Pretty sure you can. I did this setup (minus the second Rainbow Keeper) on my Legendary Noble run and made it all the way to the mid-boss Chimera. He froze one of my resists and I didn't have a Keeper charged up. If I had brought a second keeper, I would have survived.

ParityBit

It's just something to make me not feel completely useless..

Never feel that way. Hell half of us wouldn't stand a chance without your help :)

Couple questions ...

Once you evolve rippers (5*) what is a good level to top out at if not maxing? I would like to spend some pendrags on other monsters. Not that I have many ...

If I were to get 4 (LOL) Succubus, should they be maxed out? Or only one? The rest at drop level?

Danka!

Never feel that way. Hell half of us wouldn't stand a chance without your help :)

Couple questions ...

Once you evolve rippers (5*) what is a good level to top out at if not maxing? I would like to spend some pendrags on other monsters. Not that I have many ...

If I were to get 4 (LOL) Succubus, should they be maxed out? Or only one? The rest at drop level?

Danka!

From my personal standpoint, I'm trying to get all the rippers evolved before focusing on dumping Pengdras into them. The 15 CD Nuke is just too awesome. I think my G.Earth Dragon is at 9? and that's working out right now until I get some of the others ones up. Basically just feeding him garbage I need to get rid of.

J0dy77

Finished my first Master dungeon today. No drop but was fun to check off another accomplishment. Definitely took a while but was in no real danger.
QfqAZtbl.jpg

xelios

Underworld Hades to LV.50 after the first hour of metal dragons, will keep on truckin today! Gonna try master myself because I want the dark fully evolved chimera anyway. :)

octagon69

Banned
Mann, I need a lil blue real bad for the Polar Night boss. Farmed aurora drgon boss like 35 times. I know these bosses can drop them, it just takes a while.

Any strats for the boss besides a resolve team? I tried and the thing didn't even proc once.

TimeKillr

I'm surprised you guys need so many Succubi. For the Mask dungeon, I just carry one for poison and make sure I have 10000+ hp. Has worked pretty well for me so far.

The thing is, for some people (like me), hitting 10k+ HP isn't that simple. When you don't already have a keeper or two, or your available cost is still low, but you want those masks for whatever reason? It makes it FAR easier.

Having 4 succubus in a team also keeps your HP low, which makes resolve teams much easier to run. All you need is an auto-healer or an orochi and you're done - you just stall the first level until all 4 succubus can trigger, then you kill it (it's trivial usually) and the other 4 stages are done within literally shorter than it takes to travel between them.

It's totally worth it. When I realized that having 4 succubus after pulling 3 in the god fest was actually good, I was pretty happy.

blackflag

Having bad luck with dark mech master. 5 times and no drop. I don't mind it I guess...good xp.

I have my dark neptune up and will keep it up for awhile if it is getting use.

OTIX

Mann, I need a lil blue real bad for the Polar Night boss. Farmed aurora drgon boss like 35 times. I know these bosses can drop them, it just takes a while.

Any strats for the boss besides a resolve team? I tried and the thing didn't even proc once.
If you're talking about the last boss of Polar Night Tower then he "only" does 8.5k damage so there's no need for resolve. If you can't find blue resist then an Odin would work even better, or you could simply have enough health to survive the hit since you have five rounds to heal up.

Btw, resolve is a guaranteed proc as long as your health was above 70% before the hit. (50% with Viper Orochi)

Aw damn. Stupid stupid me. Set up my team, and headed into Master Dark Mech dungeon. Right when I got in, I looked my roster over, and realized I forgot to set Siren in my roster. God. Dammit.

Made it all the way to the 10th stage where Dark Mech whittled me down and killed me with his charge attack. I could've cleared it, but heart gem drops were few and far between.

Yaari

Can someone explain single poison and 10k HP for Mask dungeon? I've been really struggling to pass this one, but I can hit 10k easy and I even have 2 poisoners if I have to.

octagon69

Banned
If you're talking about the last boss of Polar Night Tower then he "only" does 8.5k damage so there's no need for resolve. If you can't find blue resist then an Odin would work even better, or you could simply have enough health to survive the hit since you have five rounds to heal up.

Btw, resolve is a guaranteed proc as long as your health was above 70% before the hit. (50% with Viper Orochi)

..... WHAT! IT is? Thanks dude.

Also, that leviathan hits me for over 17K.

Ok now I can make a game plan.... but I've spent all my stamina for today.

Guys, how come I can't evolve my Ice Ogre? He is almost maxed out but his portrait is black for evolving.

Can someone explain single poison and 10k HP for Mask dungeon? I've been really struggling to pass this one, but I can hit 10k easy and I even have 2 poisoners if I have to.

The idea is that you bring in as few colors as possible. The reason being that it's easier to manually kill a mask with few colors, because it's easier to guarantee that you can make each of your monsters hit every round.

So, a common team that I like to use is:

Orochi (LEADER)
Neptune
3 random blue monsters
Siren (LEADER)

But if your poison is a Lilith, then that's fine, replace Neptune with Lilith. You'll have 2 colors instead of 1, but it's not the end of the world. And replace Orochi with a Blue Ogre if you don't have an Orochi.

So anyway, the first round you do everything you can to avoid matching blue orbs. Typically this means taking your blue orbs and storing them in the corners, WHILE matching other colors. Each time you match another color, your skill countdowns decrease by 1. The idea is to stall the enemies on stage 1 as long as you can, until your skills build up. The most compact way possible to store blue orbs is like this:

Code:
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X O O X X
O O X X O O
O O X X O O

where the O's are blue orbs. So basically you're trying to create this formation with blue orbs, Meanwhile you are making matches if at all possible along the top row. The higher up the match the better, because it prevents chain reactions from dragging out your combo and accidentally matching blues, which will probably wipe the entire wave.

So after your skills are fully charged, try to match some blues along the top without touching the configuration youv'e set up at the bottom, to finish the wave.

Now, there are a couple of things that can happen going forward:

1) Your waves consist of enemies on different timers.

2) Your waves consist of at most 2 enemies on the same timer.

3) Your waves consist of more than 2 enemies on the same timer.

In case 1, you're gold. Kill all of the enemies manually using 3 orb matches from the orbs you've saved up. When you get down to 1 enemy remaining, store up some more orbs before proceeding to the next wave.

In case 2, it's almost as easy. Since you have so many orbs stored, use them to finish off one of the monsters which is on the same timer as the other monster.

Case 3 is the tricky one. But you've got 10 orbs stored up, which is enough for at minimum two 5 orb matches, which will hit everything. So make two 5 orb matches. First one along the bottom row, which will drop the stones a level, then do it on the bottom row again.

Always try to leave 1 enemy remaining whenever possible to re-store orbs for the next round, unless you're on round 4 and about to go to round 5.

On round 5, activate poison, make any orb match, and the monsters will instantly die

Im' not sure what's better. 2 Lilith's 4 blues (which means that once you get to round 4, you're done) or 1 Lilith 5 blues (which means you have to fight all the way to round 5, but it's easier to manually kill masks).

ParityBit

Man I am having no luck with the normal-expert dark dungeon on either of my accounts. Trying to get succubus' and MAYBE slip in a mech dragon.

Thinking of

Chaos Devil Dragon
Siren
Enchilada
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper

Doable?
Yes, that's doable. And Hades or Dark Neptune would definitely be ideal helpers to make the fights go faster, Hades being the better of the 2. Is your Siren max skill? You'll be concentrating mostly on health management, and the higher her skill the better. Also, your minimum team HP needs to be at least 12,016 HP to survive the Mech's powered-up skill. Good luck!

Haha! Yeah, I've had it happen a couple of times, but you just gotta ignore it. It's bound to happen when you do it enough times. It's just a psychological thing, though. It's like feeding a Pengdra and getting a SUPER bonus. It's easy to curse over the bonus being wasted, but there's no way to predict it. It all averages out, eventually.

or when you get an 'excellent' while maxing out a Pengdra. Pisses me off.
Exactly.

Couple questions ...

Danka!
I find between levels 40-50 a good compromise before level-ups start taking a lot more exp to achieve. Though, sometimes you'll need to level-up just to reach a certain minimum HP threshold.

Do you have Pal pulls saved up? It's rare to get a Lil' Dragon drop in the regular dungeons. I've gotten all of mine through special dungeons and Pal pulls. In fact, I just got another Lil' Blue Dragon from the Pal machine, today. Didn't need it so I sold it, but it's probably your best chance until a special dungeon that it appears in comes around.

Guys, how come I can't evolve my Ice Ogre? He is almost maxed out but his portrait is black for evolving.
Ice Ogre is already at its final form via regular evolution. Though, he can be evolved via busty(poor translation?) evolution into 2 possible dual color Ogres. Instead of using the Evolve option, you input the correct combination of monsters into the Fusion screen, and when you submit it, it'll give you the option of evolving or doing regular fusion.
http://translate.googleusercontent....%8C%96&usg=ALkJrhi2lXpE_YwtqtSIEjYGtTSosKY3dg

Yaari

Thanks cpp. I think my Lilith might cause me trouble though. She's level 70 so her HP might put me in trouble for resolve, that was why I was wondering about the 10k HP thing.

I tried the resolve the way you described last week, it worked but did not go as easy as I wanted to.

I guess I'd prefer the 1 Lilith yeah, maybe I'd need an extra 3-orb hit to get the job done with 4 blues, could be a problem.

Thanks cpp. I think my Lilith might cause me trouble though. She's level 70 so her HP might put me in trouble for resolve, that was why I was wondering about the 10k HP thing.

I tried the resolve the way you described last week, it worked but did not go as easy as I wanted to.

I guess I'd prefer the 1 Lilith yeah, maybe I'd need an extra 3-orb hit to get the job done with 4 blues, could be a problem.

Normally in a resolve team you expect to be able to heal back up before the next attack. In the team I described above, I actually don't worry about that. The idea behind resolve is just to delay things a tad to give me an extra savior in case I can't kill the enemy fast enough. Having over 10k HP isn't really a big deal, with Siren as your helper (who can orb change), you'll easily get enough HP back.

So basically, there's no practical difference between the 10k HP / Resolve method I described above. In fact the Resolve method is even easier (even if you have more than 10k HP). In the 10k HP one, if you plan on getting hti more than once, then you have to be able to heal 10k HP between hits, whereas with the resolve method you only have to be able to heal less than 10k HP.

The common element (and probably the only important aspect at all) is having few colors, and having poison. With few colors making it easy to manually kill masks, the idea is just to not get hit more than once, or if you do, it's with a very high delay in between hits (across multiple waves, for example). So if you don't have a Orochi or a Blue Ogre, you could use whatever you want in that positon. A blue mech maybe, or any other blue monster.

razterik

Guys,

I need your help. I want to be able to complete Keeper of Rainbow - Master, Room of Mask - Expert, Shine of Sprites - Expert because I need those evo materials. I have been trying but I keep losing and wasting precious stamina. Below are my best monsters. Surely I should be able to complete those dungeons, right? Any tip? Which team should I use, etc? Sorry for the long post.

For Rainbow Keeper, you have Odin. So this is easy.

Odin - leader
As many of your ripper dragons (light one for sure) as you can squeeze in.
Whatever high HP/ATK monsters left over.
Friend leader has to be a fully evolved healer. (Siren, Alraune, ArchangelAmaterasu)

With Odin and the healer friend, you will take very little damage on a single hit and will heal to max right after matching orbs. You have to build up your ripper dragons in the first stage, maybe the second depending on how high your HP is. You will most likely run into a set of multiple knights that hit hard and on the same turn. That's when you unleash a ripper dragon's skill. Once you get to the keepers, it's cruising. Take a hit and then match orbs to get back to full HP before the next attack (VERY IMPORTANT). Unleash rippers whenever they are up. The light/dark keeper can be trouble if your healer can't fill you up in 3 turns, so watch that. Rainbow has 5 turns to heal, so that shouldn't be a problem even though he hits for 4400 after Odin. Also, Rainbow takes forever due to his ridiculously high HP. Probably take at least 45 minutes.

As for masks (and sprites, too), anybody not using Shiva is crazy. Run a full red team with at least one orb changer (easy to farm a samurai goblin). As high HP as you can manage, but all red. One leader must be Shiva, so find one on the GAF player list. Or I can add you, but I'm not home so I don't have my number handy. Match enough orbs to power Shiva's skill (22 turns) in the FIRST round of masks (sprites usually gives you a couple easy rounds, if I remember right). Leave red orbs alone as much as possible so you have enough of them for every round after. Samurai goblin(s) will be a big help here. Once Shiva is activated, match a single red orb set and you will clear out a round as long as there are more attackers than enemies. If you sweep a round, Shiva's skill carries over to the next round, so you will march right through all of them as long as you can keep matching red orbs.

BlueSteel

Any tips for running rainbow keeper with the current roster/monsters? I've read a bit on the strategies and I don't have a poison or any high leveled rippers:

Titan (maxed lvl)
Crystal Dragon (16)
Holy Dragon (10)
Loki
CDK
Hades
Vamp
Black Dragon (1)

I tried to do hades hades leader/helper, but died super early on. Do I still bring those rippers anyways?

Any tips for running rainbow keeper with the current roster/monsters? I've read a bit on the strategies and I don't have a poison or any high leveled rippers:

Titan (maxed lvl)
Crystal Dragon (16)
Holy Dragon (10)
Loki
CDK
Hades
Vamp
Black Dragon (1)

I tried to do hades hades leader/helper, but died super early on. Do I still bring those rippers anyways?

I think you should wait until you're stronger. What do you need Rainbow Keeper for just out of curiosity? You might be able to do it with Titan / Healer leaders, but it's going to be an exercise in frustration. Probably going to take you 2 hours or more for the dungeon, and the drop isn't even 100%, so there's a good chance you'll leave empty handed.

BlueSteel

I think you should wait until you're stronger. What do you need Rainbow Keeper for just out of curiosity? You might be able to do it with Titan / Healer leaders, but it's going to be an exercise in frustration. Probably going to take you 2 hours or more for the dungeon, and the drop isn't even 100%, so there's a good chance you'll leave empty handed.

Ah alright. I just wanted to get one for my dark team, but I can definitely handle waiting a week. Got the mechdragon yesterday night on expert, so I guess I won't push my luck and will just try to get a lillith tonight

Ferrio

Banned
Guys,

I need your help. I want to be able to complete Keeper of Rainbow - Master, Room of Mask - Expert, Shine of Sprites - Expert because I need those evo materials. I have been trying but I keep losing and wasting precious stamina. Below are my best monsters. Surely I should be able to complete those dungeons, right? Any tip? Which team should I use, etc? Sorry for the long post.

Use odin, then friend someone with a healer. I have a fully evolve ammy and with odin it'll make it a breeze (albeit take awhile).

I could always use more people with odins.

Anyone friending make sure you have gaf in your name, or it'll be declined.

Mashing

Think I'm going to take a crack at a master mech. I've never done it before and the only 5* healer I have is Alarune (wish I had a siren) and I'm definately going to have to go dual resist.

So, CDD (27), Alarune (55), Verche (god version, 4), Light Ripper (33), Fairlion (3), Underlord Hades (please keep him up Xelios).

Is that doable?

I rely on healing by matching alot, so I'm not skilled in manual healing which this would require. My HPs are going to be low as well.

xCobalt

The way I do it is to charge up all your abilities on the first turn. If you have two poisoners, save that for round 4 and 5. The reason I have at least 10k hp is because there's a chance you could run into a mask before round 4 and if you mess up, you'll still be alive. It helps if you have a single coloured team as well.

Think I'm going to take a crack at a master mech. I've never done it before and the only 5* healer I have is Alarune (wish I had a siren) and I'm definately going to have to go dual resist.

So, CDD (27), Alarune (55), Verche (god version, 4), Light Ripper (33), Fairlion (3), Underlord Hades (please keep him up Xelios).

Is that doable?

I rely on healing by matching alot, so I'm not skilled in manual healing which this would require. My HPs are going to be low as well.

How much hp do you have? The dragon can hit for about 32000 hp before resist.

Is that doable?

I rely on healing by matching alot, so I'm not skilled in manual healing which this would require

You would have to go with dual resist regardless, as anything else will get you one shotted by his special. I'm not sure the above setup will work well though. Very little damage, no poison, low HP due to Fairlion being Lv. 3, and your light ripper, Fairlion, and Verche will constantly get locked by the demons, which means you will have a difficult time even killing the trash.

Do you have a Siren? If so, you should concentrate on maxing her skill and evolving her to the final form.

xelios

(please keep him up Xelios).

He'll be up during the entire event most likely (and i'll dual element him Friday), except for dragon hours and unless I make my Abyssal Neptune Friday and people prefer him up instead. Dragon hour is coming up for me so don't be surprised to see my ADK up. When you do, know I'm temporarily doin' some huntin and you'll see him again at the end of the hour!

MicH

I an Aldi thinking of trying Rust Mech on Master again with this team:
CDD
Siren
LHD
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Hades/Neptune (resist)

But this doesn't even put me above 12,5k HP (only 12k). Should probably level up my dragons... (Currently 30 and 39)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll try have my Underlord Hades up as much as possible too. My code is in the spreadsheet

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How much hp do you have? The dragon can hit for about 32000 hp before resist.

IIRC, it's around 8200 on his big attack with double resists. If you can survive that, then you can do it. You just need some basic matching skills and patience. Much, much easier if you can bring some nukes. Tbh, nukes more important than any heart changer (e.g., siren, lion, etc) if you can match well enough.

MicH

IIRC, it's around 8200 on his big attack with double resists. If you can survive that, then you can do it. You just need some basic matching skills and patience. Much, much easier if you can bring some nukes. Tbh, nukes more important than any heart changer (e.g., siren, lion, etc) if you can match well enough.
Oh it's 8200? Then I am fine :D

xCobalt

I an Aldi thinking of trying Rust Mech on Master again with this team:
CDD
Siren
LHD
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Hades/Neptune (resist)

But this doesn't even put me above 12,5k HP (only 12k). Should probably level up my dragons... (Currently 30 and 39)

I used that team but instead of holy light dragon, I used the noble mech. You should have very little trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom