• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

I got the Light and Wind mech running expert. I probably could have run the light technical levels if I needed to but once I got it on expert I used my stamina for other stuff. I ran my first tech level of these the other night on master and beat it pretty easily. It just took a while cause my setup was all out defensive. On the waves where I got one of those crazy high defensive demons I was charging up my CDD 2 times to get through it cause I was doing little dmg otherwise. Without the use of Hades on the end boss it would have taken FOREVER. Last night I brought my light mech instead of a 2nd rainbow keeper and I was more then fine.

I ran it last night with a CDD Lead, Light Mech, Max Skill Siren, Echidna, Rainbow Keeper and Xelios's Hades. I never came close to being in trouble I just made sure to ALWAYS get above the 8200 or whatever it was before he attacked again in case he did the triple shot move.

‎[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/21/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
B: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

dafuq? The in game morning popup said metal dragons today. This is unacceptable.

edit : So I guess we should pump stamina into the daily as we'll have more Jeweled Dragons throughout the week? (really would wish they would stop this Jeweled Dragon stuff, give me 3 tries for one color a day)

ToxicAdam

Look at all the PAD swag:

DSC3578-500x333.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/02/21-1/japan-amusement-expo-2013-report

Bah, slept through my Sapphire Dragon window this morning. Good thing I mostly need Emerald and Ruby. Thinking about running each one until I have 5 kings, refilling stamina as necessary, and then stop at 5 and calculate how many dragon plants I need to go with the babies I picked up, and then farming those for the rest of the night.

TimeKillr

Bah, slept through my Sapphire Dragon window this morning. Good thing I mostly need Emerald and Ruby. Thinking about running each one until I have 5 kings, refilling stamina as necessary, and then stop at 5 and calculate how many dragon plants I need to go with the babies I picked up, and then farming those for the rest of the night.

I was pretty ridiculous.. I just did 4 runs of Emerald and all I got were 20 babies. (lol)

I love when this happens. Not even a SINGLE king showed up... :(

ParityBit

Well I am sticking with plants all day. need them for both this past week of hunting, and next week. I figure jewel dungeons show up multiple times a week.

That being said, will they always be jewel now, no single type? I don't like the jewel way at all.

Well I am sticking with plants all day. need them for both this past week of hunting, and next week. I figure jewel dungeons show up multiple times a week.

That being said, will they always be jewel now, no single type? I don't like the jewel way at all.

I actually vastly prefer the jewel system to the one color / day system. But yea, from what I can tell, it's jewel from now on.

ToxicAdam

i don't like the jewel system. I usually only have time to hit the last window on those events. Sometimes I can catch the middle window if it happens at 4pm.

I haven't been home for a sapphire event for two weeks now. I have about 10 maxed Pendgras rotting.

ParityBit

i don't like the jewel system. I usually only have time to hit the last window on those events. Sometimes I can catch the middle window if it happens at 4pm.

I haven't been home for a sapphire event for two weeks now. I have about 10 evolved Pendgras rotting.

This is my problem too. Because I only have one single hour chance, and based on the order of the colors, what we get is so random. Yet again ... like everything else in this game. Heh

This is my problem too. Because I only have one single hour chance, and based on the order of the colors, what we get is so random. Yet again ... like everything else in this game. Heh

I think it cycles the same way the time does. So if your first window is Ruby today, then your next 2 windows from the same time slot will be sapphire / emerald. For example, it would be like this:

Thursday: Ruby Sapphire Emerald
Friday: Metal
Saturday: Sapphire Emerald Ruby
Sunday: Metal
Monday: Emerald Ruby Sapphire

etc. So if you're always hitting the exact same 1 hour window each day, seems like the two systems should be equivalent.

I haven't been home for a sapphire event for two weeks now. I have about 10 maxed Pendgras rotting.

agreed. really don't like it. Would prefer the mono color a day. That way you can focus on a certain color. Instead of having a bunch of crap in your box WAITING.

MicH

Decided to stop everything I was doing and start farming Marine Goblins to skill up my Siren. A max skill Siren seems to be very important in a lot of teams, so that's what I'll be doing. Already got two skil-ups!

MicH

Is a siren needed even if you have a good healer leader?
If you're using a healer leader, then no. But in cases like Rust Mechdragon Master (and many other tough dungeons) where you need double resist to survive, having a max skill Siren in your team is importation to make heal orbs.

from GungHo US:

The Puzzle & Dragons team is working on the US update, and while we don’t have an official date just yet, we can inform you that we plan to jump straight from version 4.2 to 5.0!

This means brand new Monsters, more powerful evolutions, the ability to create and choose from multiple preset teams, an increased Monster Box limit, and more!

Which features are you most looking forward to?

w00t!

No official date sucks, but at least we get confirmation on the jump straight to 5.0.

Ferrio

Banned
If you're using a healer leader, then no. But in cases like Rust Mechdragon Master (and many other tough dungeons) where you need double resist to survive, having a max skill Siren in your team is importation to make heal orbs.

But... how do I get red orbs?!

MicH

But... how do I get red orbs?!
By not using them or having a red orb changer in your team :p Usually you will use her skill in an absolute emergency.

and how come I still don't have a Titan? Seeing how everyone gets so many from Pal and Rare pulls and I've pulled quite a few times and stil haven't gotten him.

ToxicAdam

The way I do my Siren is if there are a bunch of red orbs on the field (like 6-8), I will just launch her skill whether I need it or not. Then I stash those Health orbs in case I need them while she is recharging.

It saves you from getting in those situations where you need her skill and there are only 2 reds on the board. FFFFFF

ParityBit

I think it cycles the same way the time does. So if your first window is Ruby today, then your next 2 windows from the same time slot will be sapphire / emerald. For example, it would be like this:

Thursday: Ruby Sapphire Emerald
Friday: Metal
Saturday: Sapphire Emerald Ruby
Sunday: Metal
Monday: Emerald Ruby Sapphire

etc. So if you're always hitting the exact same 1 hour window each day, seems like the two systems should be equivalent.

Well that's good to know. Except when my time comes up at midnight EST! Then I am screwed.

ToxicAdam

Is right now the best time level Skill level an ADK?

I forgot whether the 2x skill rate is active or not.

It is, but I think the odds are still stacked against you.

I tried 4 of them yesterday and didn't get one skill up.

But hey ... your luck has to turn around at some point. :p

I hate to complain about getting dragon fruit, but every time I get to the last fight in the Thursday dungeon I figure I have a 2/3 chance of getting another plant and I have lost count of how many fruits I have gotten out of the encounter!

Radav

I hate to complain about getting dragon fruit, but every time I get to the last fight in the Thursday dungeon I figure I have a 2/3 chance of getting another plant and I have lost count of how many fruits I have gotten out of the encounter!

I feel the same way... Every time I get there now I'm like please no fruit, please no fruit. lol Today my luck has been pretty good. I've gotten almost 30 plants and still have like 5 more runs of stamina I can do before the end of the day.

MicH

I'm 2/3 on Mskill ups for my Siren with Marine Goblins today. That's pretty good and far better than what I've achieved with my ADK. My Siren is already lvl 4! (what is max?)

J0dy77

They know we exist! ::faints::

You know what this means .... my Titan is actually worth leveling up now!

WUhhhh new update? Can't wait! Is the Titan leveling into that huge 5k hp beast with -500 rcv? I remember seeing that a while back.

Just found out that Great Valkyrie has another evolution in the update. That's awesome. Glad I finally managed to pull her.

The news keeps getting better and better.

ParityBit

What is the cheapest stamina dungeon to get 4264 xp? I wand to level so I can get more plants. Need more plants. Must get more plants.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vampire Lord also finally gets his third evo yeyooooo.

Also the ultimate starter evos are really badass :lol

Radav

Man with the current set of stuff I have, I feel like I could play the game for 6 months and not max out the levels on the core group of monsters I use now. What the hell will I do when the update comes. Not to mention I have a short list of very desirable stuff I have yet to get. lol I never thought for a second I would do more then install this and play it for a day and now I'm nearing day 60 with no sign of stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom