• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Well, let's narrow this down since you seem to have this large scope of trying to do too many things at once. This is something common to a lot of people in this game - losing focus and trying to accomplish too much.

Let's look at the following you mentioned:

What purpose does ameterasu serve your team? While Ameterasu is OK for certain encounters...she loses functionality as you progress. That 4000 heal a turn turns from a full heal into well.. putting a bandaid on a gushing wound. She's absolutely not necessary, and you're typically better served with a max skill siren as a sub member than ameterasu as a main member. Note - months ago when everyone was kind of weak and didn't have such good helpers, ameterasu was a fantastic way to clear out a lot of content. She's lost a lot of her luster as the game opened up and progressed.

Let's look at common valkyrie team compositions - Note, having a valkyrie segways very well into a zeus team, but first we must identify...what is your goal in this game? Ideally, you must focus on a team and / or certain monsters to clear out various dungeons. Preparing for the event you're looking forward to must be your #1 priority. Will the sky dragon el dorado help you at all? Probably not - so while you can probably clear him if you level up a red ripper, in the grand scheme of things, it's most likely a lost cause (and eventually you could just kill him with a zeus or lakshmi team)

Valkyrie team compositions typically involve a max skill siren (note - max skill siren is fantastic on multiple teams. If yours isn't max skill, i'd highly suggest this) Echidna's are fantastic here as well. Lilith is a niche monster only great versus certain bosses. Another two honorable mentions on the team are rainbow keeper (high hp, defensive cooldown but doesn't benefit from the damage bonus) or verche - dark -> light conversion, which allows you to cover all of the colors on your team. Team with a valkyrie for damage dealing, and resolve if the dungeon calls for it. Valkyrie is great against all normal dungeons, tech dungeons, and hera. It's not useful versus Zeus or two heroes.

Parvati team will take more work to get useful. ADKs are useful team members, red -> green. Cu Challain is fantastic, farmable (from two heroes) and provides hearts -> wood orbs. Other useful monsters are susano, a green golem if leveled up(note you can skill these up with keepers). Mechs are good for high HP and attack. Rippers aren't really useful at all, but you can use it temporarily on the team. An honorable mention is always an echidna on the team, for delay on attacks (this always helps)

You can most likely use your parvati team versus two heroes to farm cu challain if you get it leveled enough. You most likely cannot Zeus. Dark teams (notably you can farm a vampire, farm 2 heras, use an echidna and perhaps a CDK with a loki of zeus friend) and minimize your stone usage on clearing out zeus.

Leveling rippers will allow you to farm more content, but is this content absolutely necessary for you to have now, or can it wait til later?

Lets look at various hera compositions if you go after her. A common, extremely safe one is:

CDD leader, rainbow keeper, 2 max skill sirens, lilith, and odin friend. This is extremely safe but takes forever. Easily can get through with 0 stones

Valkyrie team w/ orochi helper can clear this dungeon quickly but also requires manual healing. However, missing a heal in this case is fatal.

Id highly suggest just picking something like:

I want a blue team! or I want to work on my green team! or valk team, or whatever. I'd like to suggest that your parvati team will probably carry you the furthest unless you want to segway the valkyrie team into a zeus team. Meh, typing books. You just need to pick something and once you decide what you want to focus on, it's a lot easier to think of what you need to proceed with it.

Welcome to the thread slottm, love the advanced input and discussion you've brought up.

You make some great points but feel like it should be mentioned that going after everything isn't necessarily bad. It will just take you longer to get to end game. I've always had the feeling that what happens when I get to the final dungeons and beat them, Zeus, Hera etc. I think the game would start to lose something. I was very focused on a few things very early on in my play time and didn't really start to enjoy the game until I just did whatever I felt like. One day I might level red mobs, I like adding the mech dragons to my box even if I won't use them. People shouldn't miss out on the small accomplishments along the way just to fast forward to the end.

ccbfan

Definitely agree with slottm here.

I got lazy and went with a Vampire Lord as my first roll. Great character for the beginning of the game but I haven't used him once since I went with an ADK based team.

The later rolls haven't gotten me anymore luck and right now my team is completely base on drops.

I regret not going for one of the top first roll.

Now I can't make any end game teams other than

ADK x 2 + CDK x 3 + Siren. ( I like CDK more since ADK steals Fire orbs from Siren)

unless I get lucky with the upcoming god fest.

Rippers are good for defensive teams but orb changers are much better when you have damage enchancers. A decent combo is literally 300K+ damage.

I'm casually trying to start a second account on an old iphone 4 and have probably ran the thing like 100 time (I've been trying since January but only casually).

Unless I get a red/green Indian God, Odin, Orochi or Valk. I'm rerolling. Even something like an amu is relatively useless in end game situations.

MicH

Man, you have opened up my eyes, Slottm. I've actually been thinking if doing a Lakshmi water team, since I have the monsters to pretty much make it already:

Lakshmi (leader)
Viper (Demon) Orochi
Siren the Enchanter (max skill - fire to heal)
Fenrir Knight Kamui (green to water)
Siegfried the Blue Knight (heal to water)
Lakshmi (friend leader)

My only problem is that none of my friends have (or use) Lakshmi

I just need to do a lot of leveling (and evolving). Wow. What do you guys think of this?

You have pretty much a dream team. Take in parvati, take in the wood mech (feed it keepers, get it to 15 turns) Level up that high lander, take in 2 adks. Bam, amazing team set. You can also swap out the mech, he's more situational if you need the defensive cooldown, but 2 adk + highlander is HUGE for parvati team. Hopefully you got to skill up the adks a bit.

There are fantastic write ups about this stuff on the facebook group, if any of you guys are members there (hopefully this doesn't come across as cross promoting since I don't know the rules about that stuff here) but it has some good info about mono color teams.

So just to make to make sure I am planning this correctly, I want to get Parvati and Highlander evolved, right? And as high level as possible I'm sure but that will come in time. I'll also probaby use GED until I get my second ADK up and running.

Thanks for the tip of feeding keepers to WMWA - those are pretty easy to get. Unfortunately, I didn't go too hard after the stone knights; the few I did get netted me no skill ups iirc.

Definitely agree with slottm here.

I got lazy and went with a Vampire Lord as my first roll. Great character for the beginning of the game but I haven't used him once since I went with an ADK based team.

The later rolls haven't gotten me anymore luck and right now my team is completely base on drops.

I regret not going for one of the top first roll.

Now I can't make any end game teams other than

ADK x 2 + CDK x 3 + Siren. ( I like CDK more since ADK steals Fire orbs from Siren)

unless I get lucky with the upcoming god fest.

Rippers are good for defensive teams but orb changers are much better when you have damage enchancers. A decent combo is literally 300K+ damage.

I'm casually trying to start a second account on an old iphone 4 and have probably ran the thing like 100 time (I've been trying since January but only casually).

Unless I get a red/green Indian God, Odin, Orochi or Valk. I'm rerolling. Even something like an amu is relatively useless in end game situations.

That's my problem with the whole 'reroll until you get something good'. I've been trying that with my Nexus7 casually and rerolled maybe 15-ish times. Just going to wait until the 28th. I'd rather get into the game and use stones to rare pull when you need an extra juice to your team.

But then again, I'm playing this super casually (40-50 days....lvl 72)

TimeKillr

I see what you're saying - essentially, I was saying the Ammy in a great valk team solely because she's a healer, so she would benefit from the valk.

So here's the problem, in a nutshell: For either team, I need to do some serious farming to get what I'm missing, so it's partly why I'm building farming teams at the moment.

I could definitely go Parvati with 2 ADKs, a green Golem (I have an unevolved one so I can work towards that) and an echidna, which would be my life saver, until I can get to Two Heroes (where's that dungeon, btw? Is it a special event one, like Hera/Zeus?) and farm for a Cu Culainn and build through that.

Or if I went with Valk, what I would most likely do is 2 Sirens, although my current one isn't max skill, so getting 2 to max skill is going to take a little while (iirc you need to farm Marine Goblins, so I'd need to do Voice of the Siren a bunch of times so I also get the chance for a 2nd Siren) and Echidna, then decide if I use a Verche (I can level to one) or my Lilith...

I understand what you're saying, though - I should pick one and stick with it to the end so that I can work towards that faster.

Decisions decisions... I think 2 max skill sirens would definitely be the better options right now, as they would be useful regardless (even just one would be) and I can work through things a bit faster then.

Slottm

Neo Member
Yes tonner, the more evolved/leveled your stuff is the better off you are, obviously =p

Hopefully i haven't encroached too far on the discussion going on here, but figured I'd lend a land to help people out. I'm actually a part of 3 different communities for this game if I count you guys. There are definitely more lakshmis and parvatis out there if you look for them.

I'm actually a culprit of "level everything! do everything!" myself. I didn't reroll - I didnt know I could. I'm just trying to lend the knowledge I've gained to other players so that they don't find themselves infront of the same brick wall I hit a while back. I'm still trucking along with my ADK team - wishing I had a parvati. That being said, at least my ADK team is almost at optimal capability and level. Most of my rippers are leveled, unless I have a toy dragon of a similar resistance. It certainly allows for a lot of variation to teams in capabilities of killing things, but sometimes it's just like "Man if my ADK team had 1k more hp and 300 more RCV, I could probably use it against that fight!" while I look at 15 things that didn't really need to be leveled. Anyway, just rambling on...I'll be around to help out with more questions.

Slottm

Neo Member
Timekillr - ameterasu is NOT a healer. She's a god. Don't level her up for a valkyrie team or you'll be sorely disappointed.

Just ran a sapphire dungeon with a Parvati/Asgard/ADK/Highlander/GED/Parvati team. Probably not a great dungeon to judge by but yes, this team may be more powerful (EDIT: just as impressive) than dual ADK.

SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS TEAM WORKS

Matching 3 greens wiped every level with just regular dragons. On the final floor I used all the orb changing tricks and had a screen almost filled with green. What a beauty! :)

EDIT: The only thing now is I need more friends with Parvati. I only had one.

Slottm

Neo Member
Tonner, by no means is the team stronger (if we're talking ATK) than ADK team. It simply has more sustainability due to higher HP and RCV than an adk team. Your damage potential is roughly 1/3 that of an ADK's team. Parvatti's simply so powerful because you can end up with a 40k hp team with decent damage and heal yourself rather easily.

mercviper

So between playing my ipad/phone accounts I've noticed that the starter dragons really really suck. I leveled up a bunch of them on my iPad and they really helped out a lot up til Castle of Satan, but I really wish I spent the xp on rippers instead and trying to pal pull a bunch of lil' dragons. My phone team is mostly rippers and while I had a rough start with Amu I eventually pulled a Siren (I have on both) and it's so much easier post Satan because the starter dragon stats fall off really hard.

So between playing my ipad/phone accounts I've noticed that the starter dragons really really suck. I leveled up a bunch of them on my iPad and they really helped out a lot up til Castle of Satan, but I really wish I spent the xp on rippers instead and trying to pal pull a bunch of lil' dragons. My phone team is mostly rippers and while I had a rough start with Amu I eventually pulled a Siren (I have on both) and it's so much easier post Satan because the starter dragon stats fall off really hard.

Yeah, I maxed out my starter red but then saw how much better the rippers are. I have a Pterados that is pretty close to getting to its final form and will probably do it one day, but there is so much more I can focus on.

Yeah, I maxed out my starter red but then saw how much better the rippers are. I have a Pterados that is pretty close to getting to its final form and will probably do it one day, but there is so much more I can focus on.

They get better in 5.0 when you can ultimate evolve them

BlueSteel

Is Siren + Viper Orochi co-leaders with some dark monsters good enough for rainbow keeper?

Here are my lineup from a few days ago:

FZngYLR.png

sl5FJmP.png

The only few differences is that I maxed the Dark Dragon, one of the Dark Dragon Knights, and CDK is 43 instead of 34.

PatzCU

Used 3 pulls last night with the anniversary rare pull bonuses and landed a 6 star Red Ice Leviathan. Is this going to do me any good or is it all show and no go?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, you have opened up my eyes, Slottm. I've actually been thinking if doing a Lakshmi water team, since I have the monsters to pretty much make it already:

Lakshmi (leader)
Viper (Demon) Orochi
Siren the Enchanter (max skill - fire to heal)
Fenrir Knight Kamui (green to water)
Siegfried the Blue Knight (heal to water)
Lakshmi (friend leader)

My only problem is that none of my friends have (or use) Lakshmi

I just need to do a lot of leveling (and evolving). Wow. What do you guys think of this?

I have a Lakshmi I can put up whenever you need. Just add me.

Used 3 pulls last night with the anniversary rare pull bonuses and landed a 6 star Red Ice Leviathan. Is this going to do me any good or is it all show and no go?
He's pretty bad unfortunately, but you might be able to find a home for him in some dragon team.
Ugh, that means getting 1.5 million xp on the starters. I guess that is only what...34 pendgras???
Don't sweat it too much; "better" doesn't necessarily mean "good". The ultimate evos certainly aren't toy dragon status... but there's no reason to go out of your way to acquire them, especially if you already have an "endgame" team.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Awesome! However I can't seem to find you in the spreadsheet. My ID is 307,846,202

Haha, we are already friends apparently. I'm Noci GAF. Just shoot me a message on here or in-game anytime you need her.

BlueSteel

Welp, decided to just run Siren + Viper Orochi for rainbow keeper.

Took me half an hour to beat the keeper of dark.

This is going to take me hours x_X

mercviper

Yeah I just ran rainbow again to try and get a light keeper drop. 30 min gone and I saw dark, not light -_-. I now have 4 rainbows and 3 darks doing nothing in my inventory. Need 2 more light keepers gg.

On the bright side, a light one dropped when I did red keeper before that so I got to evolve my amu! Too bad I'm not going to use her til I can level her up some. the +7 team cost over siren isn't worth it atm.

the only time I did the rainbow keeper, it took me over a day of on/off to end him. Rippers are a must.

Just keep making 3 orb matches of any color and fire away.

MicH

I can't stress this enough - healer + Odin is the best way to clear Rainbow. Many on GAF have an Odin, so as long as you have a healer and some rippers, you're good to go. It makes him an absolute breeze!

suko_32

I can't stress this enough - healer + Odin is the best way to clear Rainbow. Many on GAF have an Odin, so as long as you have a healer and some rippers, you're good to go. It makes him an absolute breeze!

I do this with my evolved Siren, Neptune, rippers, and friend Odin and it's a breeze.

BlueSteel

Finally! Got it, and luckily it dropped.

I wanted an odin friend, but nobody responded D:

Well, at least I know I can beat it. Only took an hour and 10 minutes haha.

MicH

So I ran the sapphire dungeon and got a bunch of them. Is it better to use on other blue monsters (like any added bonuses) or just use it on whatever?
You get more experience when they're used on same-colored monsters. If you don't have a blue monster you feel like leveling up, then use it on whatever else.

OTIX

So I ran the sapphire dungeon and got a bunch of them. Is it better to use on other blue monsters (like any added bonuses) or just use it on whatever?
Don't fuse the small metal dragons directly. It's far more effective to use them to evolve pengdras, except the dark metal dragons.

parasight

Second week in a row this stupid Light Keeper won't drop. Out of the 4 Keeper runs I only had 1 random encounter and it was a Dark Keeper. Tempted to run Rainbow for a guaranteed Light/Dark but with my luck it will just be another Dark and then I'll be stuck fighting Rainbow for an hour

atlantos

Neo Member
Now should be a great time to reroll with the 7 star Greek Gods having 4x drop rate.

Of the Greek Gods, which one is the the must for the end game... I already got Neptune which I am hoping to turn it into Heavenly Neptune... Anything else I need? I only got 10 gems at the moment and I want to wait until Asian God Fest... I want Orochi so badly :(

ccbfan

Of the Greek Gods, which one is the the must for the end game... I already got Neptune which I am hoping to turn it into Heavenly Neptune... Anything else I need? I only got 10 gems at the moment and I want to wait until Asian God Fest... I want Orochi so badly :(

IMO none of the Greek Gods are must haves maybe except Neptune.

Neptune is by far the best that 5x poison attack is pretty good for fully defensive teams.

Hades is good too but it gets replaced by Hera when you get her. He's an excellent partner to have for the less fortunate though.

All of the Roman gods have the benefit of busty evolving to gain dual 50% resists and have great stats, so they're useful in that sense. The dude who took on Goemon on stream used a Minerva as leader.

Dual resist aside, Neptune is the one best suited for general/specific use, though.

Suggestions for legend level rust mech team? My master level was something like abyss neptune/lightning ripper/siren/echidna/tainbow keeper. Would that work for legendary?

Suggestions for legend level rust mech team? My master level was something like abyss neptune/lightning ripper/siren/echidna/tainbow keeper. Would that work for legendary?

I would drop the light ripper and go with something dark based instead. Also, make sure you use another dark ripper or even better, unevolved Hades for the second leader.

J0dy77

Second week in a row this stupid Light Keeper won't drop. Out of the 4 Keeper runs I only had 1 random encounter and it was a Dark Keeper. Tempted to run Rainbow for a guaranteed Light/Dark but with my luck it will just be another Dark and then I'll be stuck fighting Rainbow for an hour

Haha Para we're completely balancing each other out. I sti can't get dark to drop and have to sell light I have so many. I've literally gotten 9 light to my 2 dark.

Slottm

Neo Member
I used the same team (well close to)
CDD leader, siren, echidna rainbow keeper light mech + dark/blue neptune. Cakewalk for legendary

J0dy77

I've been running Sky Dragon of Flame pretty regularly, still have not seen a Mystic Red Knight. Wondering what the rarity is? Has anyone else had decent luck seeing them or should I give up hope expecting to farm one there.

ToxicAdam

Made the mistake of not scouting a level before I did it. On the first level of the Vesta Cave the boss has 11000 defense and 600,000 HPs. Christ. Only my rippers special can break his def.

Have to exit. Bah

Made the mistake of not scouting a level before I did it. On the first level of the Vesta Cave the boss has 11000 defense and 600,000 HPs. Christ. Only my rippers special can break his def.

Have to exit. Bah

Yea and he hits every turn for 6k. Still trying to find an effective way to farm that level. With my dual ADK team it's sketchy. Sometimes I can beat it, sometimes not. Once it's consistent, I think that will be my goto farming spot, with 530 exp / stamina and a chance at King Gold Dragons

Edit: Nvm I'm thinking of Frozen Soil of Prosell. But yea, I can't farm either one effectively. Either would be nice :D

Group A and B color dungeons is either one of the two options. Sorry for the inconvenience!

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/26/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Emerald (Ruby) 13:00 Ruby (Sapphire) 18:00 Sapphire (Emerald)
B: 9:00 Ruby (Sapphire) 14:00 Sapphire (Emerald) 19:00 Emerald (Ruby)
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby
Kosh. Just wanted to say thank you for regularly posting these schedules. I don't have a FB account, so I look for your post on a daily basis. So don't think people don't appreciate it, even though hardly anyone ever acknowledges it.

*Knowledge*
Thanks for sharing that wealth of knowledge. I learned a few things, myself.

A Parvati team is what I've been planning to transform my ADK team into. I have all the necessary players. I just need to level and skill them up. Any tips for skilling-up Parvatis? That looks to be the hardest part of raising this team. I'm glad we had that Dragon Guardian dungeon to max skill my 2 ADKs. Anything similar for Parvati, maybe something with Toytops drops? I know I can farm the Heroes dungeon for Green Spearman.

RSdEl6U.jpg

This is my current ADK team that's been evolving since I started playing the game.(Level 30 ADK was my initial pull)

jKr6scT.jpg

I used to run Fortoytops for its Blue to Heart skill(same as Parvati's), but since adding another ADK and CDK, my team RCV is sufficient to not need the extra healing, so I added Wind Mech for more HP/ATK, and also because I found myself beating most dungeons before Fortoytops skill even activated. If/when I ever get my Fortoytops' skill cool-down down to 5, I'll definitely switch him back in for use as a Green Siren.

Have to exit. Bah
I made the same mistake. That final tier of dungeons really is on another level. They're special dungeon levels of difficulty. I don't even bother trying to farm them for anything, because my ADK team isn't sufficient to beat most of the levels on a consistent basis, and the custom teams I crafted to complete them take too long. I thought I would farm the final dungeon(Zeus) for its 850+ exp per stamina efficiency, but I haven't figured out a team that can consistently clear it. You can get wiped-out early due to bad luck, nullifying the exp/stam efficiency.

m into. I have all the necessary players. I just need to level and skill them up. Any tips for skilling-up Parvatis? That looks to be the hardest part of raising this team. I'm glad we had that Dragon Guardian dungeon to max skill my 2 ADKs. Anything similar for Parvati, maybe something with Toytops drops? I know I can farm the Heroes dungeon for Green Spearman.

As far as I know there are precisely 0 dungeons, including in 5.0, that have Toytops drops.

Supposedly there's some ECO collaboration dungeon that drops a different monster that can be used to skillup Parvati, but no telling if we'll ever get it, even if we do get 5.0. Those collab dungeons seem to have licensing problems and that's why we haven't seen them yet.

I managed to get 1 skillup on my Parvati by feeding 3 Toyceratops (got 3 Toytops from the gacha and evolved them all once). Really sucks, but that's the best you can do right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom