• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone strong enough to do 2 Heroes last time it came around? I've read about the 2 basic setups, and both of them use some form of resist. But I'm wondering if a 2x Parvati team could do it with 2 max skilled ADKs in the group. Mathematically, 2.25x HP / RCV offers more survivability than 50% all damage reduction, and you get a free damage multiplier in the process, with lots of orb changing.

As far as I know there are precisely 0 dungeons, including in 5.0, that have Toytops drops.

Supposedly there's some ECO collaboration dungeon that drops a different monster that can be used to skillup Parvati, but no telling if we'll ever get it, even if we do get 5.0. Those collab dungeons seem to have licensing problems and that's why we haven't seen them yet.

I managed to get 1 skillup on my Parvati by feeding 3 Toyceratops (got 3 Toytops from the gacha and evolved them all once). Really sucks, but that's the best you can do right now
Dang, I've seen some YT vids of Asian players using max-skilled Parvatis. Knowing the skill isn't farmable means they got all their skill-ups from feeding rare machine dupes of Toytops and Parvatis. :O Yeah, I got a few skill-ups from evolving dupe toy dragons and feeding them to other monsters. At least with the 5.0 update, the base toy dragons will have the active skills, so no need to evolve them before feeding. Still seems like an impossible(unless you spend a fortune on the rare machine) task to max skill these Parvatis for time being, then.

Was anyone strong enough to do 2 Heroes last time it came around? I've read about the 2 basic setups, and both of them use some form of resist. But I'm wondering if a 2x Parvati team could do it with 2 max skilled ADKs in the group. Mathematically, 2.25x HP / RCV offers more survivability than 50% all damage reduction, and you get a free damage multiplier in the process, with lots of orb changing.
I wasn't. I brought my ADK team, and brute force my way through, but spent I think 7 stones in the process. Just really wanted to clear the dungeon for the guaranteed drop and clear stone. My monster box is much more diverse since then, and I've leveled quite a few useful monsters, so I'm gonna see what I can put together for that dungeon whenever it comes around again. I don't think anyone on GAF at least mentioned 0-stone clearing it last time.

Kosh

Kosh. Just wanted to say thank you for regularly posting these schedules. I don't have a FB account, so I look for your post on a daily basis. So don't think people don't appreciate it, even though hardly anyone ever acknowledges it.

No problem. It's just a copy and paste from the FB page. I'm usually up everyday at 6am so I don't mind doing it.

Actually, looking back at that Heroes dungeon, it definitely looks doable, maybe even easy for a dual Parvati team. It's not a technical dungeon so you don't have to worry about special attacks. The hardest potential part is the 3 Vamp Lords. They all showed up with the same countdown timer on my playthrough, which where I spent most of my stones because I couldn't kill them fast enough and had no opportunity to heal since I couldn't survive a 3 hit simultaneous attack. Worst case scenario if they do arrive with identical timers, you'd be hit for 25,560 damage every 3 turns. You'd need a Parvati team with 11,361HP minimum to survive that, but with 2.25x RCV and a team of monsters that all have good RCV stats, it shouldn't be a problem to heal that back. Final boss should be cake with Berserker having low defense and weakness to Wood. After he's dead, Highlander's no threat with his 5710 ATK even if he attacks every turn.

TimeKillr

Actually, looking back at that Heroes dungeon, it definitely looks doable, maybe even easy for a dual Parvati team. It's not a technical dungeon so you don't have to worry about special attacks. The hardest potential part is the 3 Vamp Lords. They all showed up with the same countdown timer on my playthrough, which where I spent most of my stones because I couldn't kill them fast enough and had no opportunity to heal since I couldn't survive a 3 hit simultaneous attack. Worst case scenario if they do arrive with identical timers, you'd be hit for 25,560 damage every 3 turns. You'd need a Parvati team with 11,361HP minimum to survive that, but with 2.25x RCV and a team of monsters that all have good RCV stats, it shouldn't be a problem to heal that back. Final boss should be cake with Berserker having low defense and weakness to Wood. After he's dead, Highlander's no threat with his 5710 ATK even if he attacks every turn.

My biggest problem with a 2x Parvati team is that I have one single friend who has a Parvati up at all times... Nobody else has one (and his is non-evolved, at level 2 or 3).

I'd need to add you and eventually we could run together - my next few evolution goals involve my Parvati...

I've decided my goal for now will be to stockpile pengdras + dragon whatevers so I can not get mad when I get 5x small dragons on jewel days... And use the black small ones to level up the pengdras. Flawless! Only problem with that plan is that I'm not making much XP, that I could be doing much better farming the rust mechdragon expert dungeon like crazy (9k xp for 25 stam is just too good). It's a bit better than the only other "good" dungeon I can farm which is in Tower of Giants (and I can't play much on weekends due to GF being here with me...) so it's good for now.

My biggest problem with a 2x Parvati team is that I have one single friend who has a Parvati up at all times... Nobody else has one (and his is non-evolved, at level 2 or 3).

I'd need to add you and eventually we could run together - my next few evolution goals involve my Parvati...

feel free to add me. 321,749,201. id put her up more often if i had more parv friends. eventually ill make an effort to seek out more parvatis, at which point i may switch to her more full time

I'm on the GAF Google spreadsheet in the OP, if you wanna add me. I have some spots I cleared from from idle players. If my list is full, just send an in-game message to clear a spot. Though, I probably won't have Parvati running as my leader until I level up my monsters. But if you ever need her or another monster in particular, shoot me a message.

As long as we're doing this i could use some help deciding what to focus on. Here's what I've got:

Fire:
Shiva the Destroyer
Red Skydragon
Flare Drall
Gigas
Meteor Volcano Dragon
Volcano Dragon
Naga

Water:
Sea Deity Neptune
Siren (2 away from max skill)
Icedragon Plesios
Fenrir Knight
Mermaid

Wood:
Odin
ADK
Alraune
Flowerdragon Brachys

Light:
Verche Night of the Sky
Lightning Holy Dragon
Archangel
Amaterasu
Sundragon Pterados
Valkyrie (Great Valkyrie tomorrow if I can get some Mystic Masks)

Dark:
3 x Rainbow Keeper
Dark Mechdragon
Vampire Lord
Lilith
Succubus
CDD
CDK
Thanatos
Dark Mech Mk. II

Any help would be appreciated.

Colby

Two questions:

How much HP do I need for Rust Mech -- Legendary? I did the Master level without researching and almost got owned: I had 8300 HP and he hit for 8100 with 75% reduction.

Also, you guys mention Parvati a lot. I've got a Fortune Deity Lakshmi, so I was wondering if a team based on her is as viable as a Parvati team. Does Lakshmi also give 1.5x to RCV, like Parvati?

Slottm

Neo Member
atlanta, you have a red team in the making. shiva lead, gigas and naga are core members.

For rust mech on legendary you need roughly 12100 HP to survive a hit (it's something like 12015 or something)

Two questions:

How much HP do I need for Rust Mech -- Legendary? I did the Master level without researching and almost got owned: I had 8300 HP and he hit for 8100 with 75% reduction.

Also, you guys mention Parvati a lot. I've got a Fortune Deity Lakshmi, so I was wondering if a team based on her is as viable as a Parvati team. Does Lakshmi also give 1.5x to RCV, like Parvati?

Yes, if you can find a consistent friend base that leaves Lakshmi as their leader. Of course, it doesn't work well against wood monsters, just as parvati doens't work well against fire monsters

ToxicAdam

Two questions:

Double resist and two rainbow keepers in your party. Need to have those HPs around 12.5k.

BlueSteel

feel free to add me. 321,749,201. id put her up more often if i had more parv friends. eventually ill make an effort to seek out more parvatis, at which point i may switch to her more full time

It's only with you guys talking about it that I feel motivated to level up my parvati. Guess I'll put more work into it and join you guys.

MicH

Two questions:

I have a Lakshmi and plan to build a water based team around her. Feel free to add me 307.846,202

Khar

I hope an ADK dungeon comes back at some point as I've only managed to get three from a ridiculous number of runs. So no chance to skill up which is a shame.

I'm currently focusing on evolving my MSKs to ADK and levelling my Parvati so I can evolve her. Just finished skilling up one of my Sirens which I'm really pleased about as she's so useful now. I also finally got a Naga from Sky Dragon. I've been farming for her for so long it felt wonderful to see her drop at last.

I'm only a relative newcomer to the game and so would really love some more GAF friends: sibrne@GAF 314,346,201.

By the way cheers to suko_32 for the use of your Siren. Paired with my Odin she makes rainbow keeper a really quick and easy job.

ParityBit

No problem. It's just a copy and paste from the FB page. I'm usually up everyday at 6am so I don't mind doing it.

Yes thank you very much. I do really appreciate it. Especially since I get in early too :)

I have been running the dusk dungeon in the hopes of a lilith. The thing wont drop for me! (normal -master) I already got the damn dragon!

TimeKillr

Sorry about that, I made some room again. Tough to keep juggling friend spots :D

Done!

If you want my Lakshmi up, lemme know. Otherwise I'll mostly leave my Parvati up for other peeps, since we seem to be headed in that direction.

I just did Skydragon master and got the drop, too. First shot, but I was a bit scared, as I didn't have a very good auto-healer - his Ammy was healing for 1800 a turn, and the boss hits for like 2100, so I was losing 300hp per turn, but I was at 9.8k, so I had enough time to get Ammy's skill to fully recharge before I died to attrition. I forgot to bring my Siren (she's not max skill, but I'm working on that) so it was dicey.

Wasn't too bad. I'm glad I brought 4 rippers to the dungeon, though - I would've died horribly on a bunch of those later fights with 4-5 demons on a single timer, that hurt like a mofo. I know the rippers aren't the best of monsters and such, but they are very highly useful in situations like this.

I also did a final run of Keeper last night and didn't get the drop :( Sucks, but I'm at 2 now, so I'll have to be careful. Something's up with puzzledragonx, though - it lists the Vritra skill as doing 100k damage when you're under 10% life, but he was "only" doing 50k. Not sure what's up with that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, decided to clear Sky Dragon on Adept (since I haven't touched any of that dungeon yet) and got the Red Sky Dragon to drop. On Adept. First try.

This game man...

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/27/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

J0dy77

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/27/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

I wanted to mirror the comments George made last night. Thanks to Kosh for continually posting the dragon schedule. I don't have a FB account and look forward to your posts each day, they're a great help.

J0dy77

Anyone know if it's worth farming the skydragon dungeon for a Mystic Flame Knight, or is it too rare a drop to bother?

I asked a similar question last night. I've been running expert a few times a day and have yet to see him. Not sure how others are fairing. The expert dungeon provides pretty good stamina to exp ratio so I've been using it to level. I'll let you know if I ever get him but he definitely seems rare.

Jagernaut

Just beat Room of Mask expert for the first time using a resolve team of blue ogre, 4 sapphlits and a helper Siren the Enchanter. I watched a YouTube video showing how to stash orbs for the next round so when 2 masks were on the same timer I could eliminate one of them quickly. Finally got the masks I need to final evolve my Siren and Echidna, just need some mythlits.

OTIX

Gonna give rust mech legendary a try. Will need to use a super defensive team though, dark ripper, echidna, triple rainbow. So if anyone has a dark Neptune or non-white Hades available I could really use it.

386 745 214

Jagernaut

I pulled 2 monsters over the weekend, Cupid and Pierdra. An Archangel could be useful in a light team, but the Pierdra seems to have poor stats even in its final form, Drawn Joker. Is there any point to keeping it?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I pulled 2 monsters over the weekend, Cupid and Pierdra. An Archangel could be useful in a light team, but the Pierdra seems to have poor stats even in its final form, Drawn Joker. Is there any point to keeping it?

You'd sell or merge it for xp otherwise? Always worth keeping these kinds of cards. You never know when they'll come in handy, be buffed, etc. And resists are always good to have.

A gaffer added me today and i had to reject. I think name was Ne0z. If that was you, sorry. I only have a few slots and i need to save them for lakshmi / parvati friends right now. But after the 5.0 update i plan to upgrade to the max 150 friends, and then would be happy to add you back

ToxicAdam

IIRC Drawn Joker has dual resists as a leadership skill. That's always useful in certain locations.

ToxicAdam

Yea, all those toy dragons are the same. Drall, Megadon, Farlion, etc.

You can offset their weakness by running with an ADK. So, you get the damage reduction on two colors and a 2.5 power boost across the board (assuming you bring rippers).

Which is good if you want to quickly farm some dark/water levels and lower your risk of wiping.

5 at a time IMO. It's actually no better, but it's also no worse, so I just feed the max.

Thanks. I have had multiple skill ups before so I am hoping for some good luck on this one. EDIT: 5 fed, 1 skill up. It is a start.

I was just checking my 'plan of attack'. Here's what I am working on:
1 - evolve Parvati: 360k xp plus a mystic mask
2 - evolve Highlander: 175k xp plus 2 mystic mask
3 - evolve Dragon Knight: 595k xp plus 1 mystic mask
4 - evolve Mandrake: 152k xp
5 - evolve Odin: 671k xp plus 1 mystic mask
6 - evolve Kagutsuchi: 626k xp
7 - evolve my 2nd set of rippers: need xp and 3 mythlits

I have enough xp stuff to get Parvati done actually so that should happen today, I just need another mystic mask. Then I can keep running it for another 4...

I have 3 plants left so tomorrow will be all about getting more of those (what is that ca-ching sound I am hearing???). I will need to level all these creatures as well as some others that I am using so we'll see how I work that in to the mix. Should keep me busy at least, and I will add to the recommendation to plan out what you want to accomplish. It helps you to figure out what materials you need and what dungeons to run.

Thanks. I have had multiple skill ups before so I am hoping for some good luck on this one.

I was just checking my 'plan of attack'. Here's what I am working on:
1 - evolve Parvati: 360k xp plus a mystic mask
2 - evolve Highlander: 175k xp plus 2 mystic mask
3 - evolve Dragon Knight: 595k xp plus 1 mystic mask
4 - evolve Mandrake: 152k xp
5 - evolve Odin: 671k xp plus 1 mystic mask
6 - evolve Kagutsuchi: 626k xp
7 - evolve my 2nd set of rippers: need xp and 3 mythlits

I have enough xp stuff to get Parvati done actually so that should happen today, I just need another mystic mask. Then I can keep running it for another 4...

I have 3 plants left so tomorrow will be all about getting more of those (what is that ca-ching sound I am hearing???). I will need to level all these creatures as well as some others that I am using so we'll see how I work that in to the mix. Should keep me busy at least, and I will add to the recommendation to plan out what you want to accomplish. It helps you to figure out what materials you need and what dungeons to run.

FYI, his team cost goes up to 45 when evolved. Max stats are a LOT better, just make sure you got the extra cap space.

Caerith

I kinda wish the healer girls would get 6* evolutions. My "useless" Alraune is still my best leader, but kind of a dead end.

Great Valkyrie (who is technically a healer), and her counterpart, Vampire Lord both get an additional evolution. Alraune, Siren, Echidna, Lilith, and Archangel do not, however

All five of the "attack stance - element" monsters get evolutions, not just those two.

5.0 also adds Kyoku, who will be the healer with the second highest stats aside from 6* Valkyrie, and 5.1 will probably add a busty Evolution for Freyja to give her a God/Healer dual typing.

Caerith

Jeez, just browsing the Chinese wiki, there are a ton of monsters we don't have. Some I can understand due to licensing issues, like the Final Fantasy or Taiko no Tatsujin stuff, but then I see stuff like unicorns and griffins? And a crapload of healers. And Champlain. How much of this can we expect with 5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom