• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

What are you guys doing with your regular metal dragons? Looking for something efficient. I can't level my guys up with them because at this point it's just too expensive.

Jeez, just browsing the Chinese wiki, there are a ton of monsters we don't have. Some I can understand due to licensing issues, like the Final Fantasy or Taiko no Tatsujin stuff, but then I see stuff like unicorns and griffins? And a crapload of healers. And Champlain. How much of this can we expect with 5.0?

all of it

What are you guys doing with your regular metal dragons? Looking for something efficient. I can't level my guys up with them because at this point it's just too expensive.

not farming them. I've ignored Metal Dragons for a while now. Would rather focus on other 'farming'. Doing other dungeons costs less stamina, while still dropping fodder.

Caerith

I'll probably hit up one metal dragon dungeon today in hopes for a king so I can finish off stage 4 of my ripper, but... honestly, the baby metal dragons are completely worthless so I'd rather just spend my stamina on rust mechdragon.

blackflag

not farming them. I've ignored Metal Dragons for a while now. Would rather focus on other 'farming'. Doing other dungeons costs less stamina, while still dropping fodder.

I usually do ignore them and only farm coloreds for Pengdra's. I decided to gamble on metal since I don't have much better to do and after 5 runs no kings :(

metal and gold pengdras can't come soon enough. Will that be in our first update as well? I hope so.

Got my amaterasu Ohkami to 93 now but it took so long and cost a ton since it's mostly off colored Pengdras and dragons.

Emalde

Jeez, just browsing the Chinese wiki, there are a ton of monsters we don't have. Some I can understand due to licensing issues, like the Final Fantasy or Taiko no Tatsujin stuff, but then I see stuff like unicorns and griffins? And a crapload of healers. And Champlain. How much of this can we expect with 5.0?

I honestly wouldn't expect any of the Final Fantasy/Taiko/ECO/Gunma events (which is really unfortunate as each one of those has one or more relatively important monsters for one purpose or another). Ragnarok mobs were kept in the files so that's likely possible eventually, and Princess Punt might happen as well in the future. The promotional ones (Plan, Formula, the three-form healer catgirls, Gambler Mage, Chrono Turtle, etc) are up in the air.

Everything else you can definitely count on.

metal and gold pengdras can't come soon enough. Will that be in our first update as well? I hope so.

This seems unlikely because they aren't actually even fully implemented in 5.0 yet.

I usually do ignore them and only farm coloreds for Pengdra's. I decided to gamble on metal since I don't have much better to do and after 5 runs no kings :(

Got my amaterasu Ohkami to 93 now but it took so long and cost a ton since it's mostly off colored Pengdras and dragons.

Yeah I'd make sure those last 6 levels are going to make a difference (I'm going to guess not) in the stats or not. Might get better use out of the 600k xp needed. Those Gods take a TON to get up near the end. Dat 4mil Xp curve.

A gaffer added me today and i had to reject. I think name was Ne0z. If that was you, sorry. I only have a few slots and i need to save them for lakshmi / parvati friends right now. But after the 5.0 update i plan to upgrade to the max 150 friends, and then would be happy to add you back
I have a (unleveled) Parvati if you want to add.

What sound I do with my dupe Odin and Susano? I'm tempted to feed them for the chance for a skillup while 2x event is still in session.

ToxicAdam

As I collect more mech dragons, the need for 2nd rippers seem less and less worth it. Not to mention that as you get to the later dungeons, their value becomes less and less.

Actually, a strong orb switcher can be more powerful because a nice chain of matches can equal >20k if he is an opposing color.

Colby

I have a Lakshmi and plan to build a water based team around her. Feel free to add me 307.846,202

Your list is full. My ID is 384-134-290 and I've got:

Dark/Light/Fire PAL dragons
Megalodran and (soon to be Flame) Agdrall for damage reduction
Echidna the Red Empress
Fortune Deity Lakshmi
Ancient Dragon Knight
Alraune

If someone needs any of those guys and wants to add me, just shoot me a message in-game and I'll put up the leader that you need.

StMeph

What's the suggested team/stats for tackling the Technical - Master rust mechdragon?

I've completed Expert normal without much trouble using Siren/Odin.

Same question, I suppose, for Master sky dragon?

MicH

What's the suggested team/stats for tackling the Technical - Master rust mechdragon?

Double resist is needed for Rust Mech Master. I used Chaos Devil Dragon (leader), Light Mech, Echidna, Siren, Rainbow Keeper and water/dark Neptune (leader)

For Red Sky Master you can get through it with resist + healer. I used Meteor Volcano Dragon (leader), Echidna, Light Mech, Chaos Devil Dragon, Rainbow Keeper and Amaterasu Ohkami (leader)

Sky Master is way easier than Rust Mech, so I would suggest starting with that.

You need dual dark 50% resist and most likely a rainbow keeper and Siren.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

For Rust, need double resists, so be prepared to manually heal. I go with 2 resist leaders, a siren, a keeper, echidna and then usually Hera. Depending on how leveled your guys are, it's actually not that bad.

ToxicAdam

?

You need both leaders to have 50% damage reduction.

In your party you need one or two healers (Siren/Echnida would be ideal)
You need a Rainbow Keeper (for HPS and defense skill)
You need a good Light Damage dealer (Ripper or Mech)

If you can bring along a Hades as the helper, his 30% HP reduction helps.

Kosh

As I collect more mech dragons, the need for 2nd rippers seem less and less worth it. Not to mention that as you get to the later dungeons, their value becomes less and less.

Actually, a strong orb switcher can be more powerful because a nice chain of matches can equal >20k if he is an opposing color.

I'm really starting to see this, too. I normally run one of two teams.

ADK (L)
Mech
Ripper
Ripper
CDK
ADK (FL)

or

Great Valk (L)
Lilith
Siren
Echnida
Great Valk
Great Valk (FL)

I'm seeing that it's a lot better to use Siren to change red to hearts, then use Valk to change all hearts to Light, then let loose a huge amount of damage with the three Valks. It's just so much faster than waiting for the Ripper and Mech to charge skills.

Shit, the only thing I'm missing for the Rust Mech master run is the Rainbow Keeper. :/

You don't need a rainbow keeper per se, it's just nice because it has high HP. If you have over 10k HP, you should be fine Probably even 9k HP is ok as long as you're confident in your ability to heal quickly.

MicH

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH! Finally maxed his skill! I don't EVER want to evolve a Baddie again

mLBiY4Kl.png

On the other hand, I just failed Expert Room of Mask because I'm an idiot. Urgh. It must be because I'm tired.

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH! Finally maxed his skill! I don't EVER want to evolve a Baddie again

mLBiY4Kl.png

On the other hand, I just failed Expert Room of Mask because I'm an idiot. Urgh. It must be because I'm tired.

Grats. I did it over the weekend too. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Grand total, I think I used about 8-10 stones, and 6 consecutive hours of playtime. I did it on Friday during the 2x drop on both Shrine of Sprites and 1/2 Stamina on Dungeon of Dark. So I did Shrine of Sprites probably 20-30 times to build up a huge collection of Amelits, then I did Dungeon of Dark around 30-50 times to build up a collection of Baddies, then I evolved everything all at once, and that was enough to cap me.

Anyone know if it's worth farming the skydragon dungeon for a Mystic Flame Knight, or is it too rare a drop to bother?
Unlike the Dragon Guardian dungeon we just had, Mystic Flame Knight doesn't have its own dungeon where you can easily farm it. It only shows up in 4 special dungeons: the current dungeon, Hera, Fire Mech dungeon that already passed, and the Flamedragon Muspelheim dungeon. There's no telling when any of those other dungeons are going to come around, so if you really want one right now, I'd try to get one. Though, the Flamedragon Muspelheim dungeon is the one most people were expecting instead of the Sky Dragon dungeon we have now. So, maybe it'll come around in the next rotation. I think that dungeon would have the highest drop rate for MFKs, since the wiki doesn't label it as a rare drop, but just a normal drop.

Fodder for your fodder!
Yup. Specifically, 3 Metal Dragons maxes out a Pengdra. Though, I only farm Metal Dragons when I have a bunch of box space and/or a bunch of Pengdras to feed. My box is full, waiting for Plant day, so I'm not touching the Metal dungeon since I'll just end up having to sell all the standard Dragons for basically nothing.

I'm so looking forward to getting the Light/Dark Pengdras. Will the Metal Dragon dungeon still only cost 15 stamina after the Dark Pengdra update is released? I'd think GungHo would increase the cost and/or make it appear less often, since with Dark Pengdras the Metal Dragon Dungeon would be unbalanced costing only 15 stamina and coming around every other day.

What are you guys doing with your extra lil' dragons? I just got my fourth lil' black.
Fuse or sell any extras you don't need. Personally, I'm raising a second and third one to up to level 1 CDDs. They're gonna go into my Perseverance team for farming the final Zeus dungeon.

Odin's are so rare I can't bring myself to feed my second one to the other. :p
They're just really good monsters in general once leveled-up, so I'd definitely keep at least 2 of each color. Apparently, once the update hits, Blue Odin's skill changes from 20x ATK in Light damage to 50x ATK in Dark damage. It didn't make sense to me why Green Odin was 6* while Blue Odin was 7*, but with that change to active skills, it makes the difference between both much clearer.

I'm really starting to see this, too. I normally run one of two teams.

ADK (L)
Mech
Ripper
Ripper
CDK
ADK (FL)

or

Great Valk (L)
Lilith
Siren
Echnida
Great Valk
Great Valk (FL)

I'm seeing that it's a lot better to use Siren to change red to hearts, then use Valk to change all hearts to Light, then let loose a huge amount of damage with the three Valks. It's just so much faster than waiting for the Ripper and Mech to charge skills.

I am close to being able to run an ADK team like yours. I just need a few more levels to get my team points from 103 to 108 (that's what, 5 or 6 levels?).

So I have been hitting the expert masks pretty hard today because I needed 6 mystic masks. With a couple of lucky runs (including one with the double drop) I managed to get them! Now I just need 3 mythlits and a ton of xp and I'll be ready to do all of the evolves I listed earlier today.

Yup. Specifically, 3 Metal Dragons maxes out a Pengdra. Though, I only farm Metal Dragons when I have a bunch of box space and/or a bunch of Pengdras to feed. My box is full, waiting for Plant day, so I'm not touching the Metal dungeon since I'll just end up having to sell all the standard Dragons for basically nothing.

When you have a bunch of pengdras to feed, it's better to run Oceanus Falls 3rd stage. You get good exp, you can STILL get kings, the monsters that drop there will max out a pengdra with just 1 of them, and you can get + eggs.

atlantos

Neo Member
guys, which one is a better level for farming mermaid at the moment? Mermaid Forest in Neptune Glacier or Voice of the Siren in Sea Cave Mercury or Banquet of Temptation in Polar Knight Tower? I have been running them over 10 times each and no drop... I thought I better concentrate on just one level and then go at it until it drops..

Also, I want me some Succubus and Shadow of Destruction - Expert is my best bet?

J0dy77

I went with dual CDD leaders, Siren, Rainbow keeper and another Ripper. Was very easy, no real risk of death with the dual resists. Solid Siren helped as well.

guys, which one is a better level for farming mermaid at the moment? Mermaid Forest in Neptune Glacier or Voice of the Siren in Sea Cave Mercury or Banquet of Temptation in Polar Knight Tower? I have been running them over 10 times each and no drop... I thought I better concentrate on just one level and then go at it until it drops..

Also, I want me some Succubus and Shadow of Destruction - Expert is my best bet?

DO NOT RUN MERMAID FOREST. REPEAT DO NOT RUN MERMAID FOREST. I ran that dungeon over 100 times (no exaggeration) when I first started playing and never got the drop. The higher up the dungeon ladder you go the better chance you'll have of getting the drop.

I ended up getting a Siren through a rare pull and then one through Sea Cave. That would be my vote since others have commented on getting her there, it's cheap to run and can be done quickly. You'll also want to stockpile the goblins you get to feed to her for skill up if you have the box space. You won't get that benefit from the banquet.

MicH

Also I would just like to mention, that if you have a Siren I highly suggest you start skilling her up. The 2x skill up event ends tomorrow and it makes a BIG difference in my experience. I've managed to max skill my Siren and Vampire Lord this last week

When you have a bunch of pengdras to feed, it's better to run Oceanus Falls 3rd stage. You get good exp, you can STILL get kings, the monsters that drop there will max out a pengdra with just 1 of them, and you can get + eggs.
Oh. I don't farm Metal Dragon Dungeons specifically to feed Pengdras. Just saying that's the only time I actually touch that dungeon, since I have something to absorb those otherwise useless Metal Dragons. I agree, Oceanus Falls is a better farm spot in general. Definitely my favorite spot as I've attested to before. I switch between that and Ocean of Heaven if I need Mystic Masks, specifically. But if you're trying to level up a Dark monster as quickly as possible with no regard to exp or gold, nothing's faster than the Metal Dragon dungeon. I'm speaking as someone who buys and spends stones on stamina, though. For someone playing for free or spending minimal money, it's not efficient at all. It's purely for the speed-leveling factor.

atlantos

Neo Member
Also I would just like to mention, that if you have a Siren I highly suggest you start skilling her up. The 2x skill up event ends tomorrow and it makes a BIG difference in my experience. I've managed to max skill my Siren and Vampire Lord this last week

I think I am a bit late to skill up any of my monsters... I don't even have mermaid at the moment and if I get one, I don't have enough monsters to level her up to the ultimate form :( Will have to wait for the next round of 2 x skill up.

On good news at least, I got Dark Mech Dragon to drop last weekend on Normal Expert (another creature I can't fit into any team yet lol... Rank 85 at the moment)... That's why I am tempted to skip Dark Mech Dragon from now but I still want Succubus.... Tossing up whether to use my precious stamina to do a couple of masks runs, Red Sky Dragon or Dark Mech... Any tips?

Oh. I don't farm Metal Dragon Dungeons specifically to feed Pengdras. Just saying that's the only time I actually touch that dungeon, since I have something to absorb those otherwise useless Metal Dragons. I agree, Oceanus Falls is a better farm spot in general. Definitely my favorite spot as I've attested to before. I switch between that and Ocean of Heaven if I need Mystic Masks, specifically. But if you're trying to level up a Dark monster as quickly as possible with no regard to exp or gold, nothing's faster than the Metal Dragon dungeon. I'm speaking as someone who buys and spends stones on stamina, though. For someone playing for free or spending minimal money, it's not efficient at all. It's purely for the speed-leveling factor.

Speaking of which, my new goal is to get 100 Stamina before the next 2 Heroes dungeon rolls around. I really, really want to be able to hit that dungeon 2x per bar of Stamina. Assuming I have a team that can steamroll it by then (which I think my 2x Parvati team will be able to do), I plan to run it nonstop in order to get a max skill Berserk and Green Spearman.

Wanting to test out my great valk team, I went to the 3rd stage of Oceanus Falls. Got 1-shotted by the 6th floor boss, but I've got high hopes for this team when I get more lvls into the party members. So much more exiting than the resist teams I've been typically running.

I should really lvl up my Dragon Knight to ADK status, but I'm still sore about it not getting ANY skill-ups. So much time spent farming MSKs (most of the time not getting any worthwhile drops except 1 run during one of the x2 drop events), and not getting any skillups from 20 MSKs.

This is the first time I've actually looked at the Egyptian Gods, don't they all seem to suck? Their leader skills don't seem powerful enough for how inconsistent and luck based they are. Getting 10+ combos or even 4 different elements is mostly luck driven and their actual skills seem subpar. Am I missing something?

TimeKillr

Yeah. I literally *JUST* max skilled my Siren by running sea cave over and over again.

Then doing that I got a Mermaid too, so I can start leveling her up and skilling her too.

I think tomorrow I'll just try to max skill my mermaid before the event ends. Tomorrow's a god fest too, so this should be interesting.

This is the first time I've actually looked at the Egyptian Gods, don't they all seem to suck? Their leader skills don't seem powerful enough for how inconsistent and luck based they are. Getting 10+ combos or even 4 different elements is mostly luck driven and their actual skills seem subpar. Am I missing something?
Ra and Anubis (5+colors and 10+combo, respectively) are widely considered the worst of the Egyptian gods because of how difficult their skills are to proc.

I got a Horus on my friends list and I'd say I activated his leader ability manually about 20% of the time and accidentally about 10% of the time. If I had a Horus out too that'd be a 16x damage modifier.

Bastet and Isis are super easy to activate. Consider that an ADK gives the same amount of buff as Bastet, but only to one type of monster, which constrains the types of teams you can build. Now consider that you can get that same buff but for any team for the low cost of a 4+ combo.

Emalde

10+ Combos is luck driven and is why Anubis is considered the worst of the bunch. Getting a 4 Combo, or attacking with 3-5 elements? Absolutely within the realm of personal skill, though Ra is considered second worst despite the intense bonus because of the 5 elemental deal and is easily shut down in more difficult dungeons.

The multipliers on Egyptian Gods has raised the power ceiling quite high, 2x Isis/2x Horus is so comically powerful it's hard to describe, and they will literally carry you to end game. There are other monsters with similar abilities (FFCD Hunter/Fencer, Gambler Mage, etc) that find their use in the tricolor whiskey dragon dungeons as well.

Ra and Anubis (5+colors and 10+combo, respectively) are widely considered the worst of the Egyptian gods because of how difficult their skills are to proc.

I got a Horus on my friends list and I'd say I activated his leader ability manually about 20% of the time and accidentally about 10% of the time. If I had a Horus out too that'd be a 16x damage modifier.

Bastet and Isis are super easy to activate. Consider that an ADK gives the same amount of buff as Bastet, but only to one type of monster, which constrains the types of teams you can build. Now consider that you can get that same buff but for any team for the low cost of a 4+ combo.
I suppose but there will be instances where 4+ combos simply aren't possible so I just feel a static increase is better compounded with the fact that ADK's skill is way more versatile and useful than Isis or Bastet's, they just seem underpowered compared to Hindu and Greek Gods. But I've never used them maybe there are better applications I'm just not seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom