• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiot

I went in with an Odin and got destroyed, next time GED again. And yeah waiting for stamina sucks.

Oh, taking an Odin is a bad idea with all those 1 round devils!
And I don't think you will have a good chance with GED! Just take a Neptune, Aurora Dragon or a Fortoytops.

Yaari

Oh, taking an Odin is a bad idea with all those 1 round devils!
And I don't think you will have a good chance with GED! Just take a Neptune, Aurora Dragon or a Fortoytops.

Oops, right. Glad you said that, wouldve cost me another 50 otherwise.

ParityBit

This dungeon has marine goblins too. If I dump these on my siren, will the skill up (if it ever happens) carry over through evolving?

Doing master with a blue ripper plus three other rippers, adk, and a siren friend. No problems so far though the dragon does do more damage than I can heal so I have to use siren's ability when it pops. Ammy might be a better choice in that regard. Hoping it drops because, like everyone else says, waiting for stamina sucks.

EDIT: No drop :(.

EDIT2: Trying to help a friend who is pretty much just starting. If he ran a Toytops as his leader and used Pleisel, Earth Golem, Gryps Rider, and an ogre (like I said, he doesn't have much) and combined with my blue ripper, would he be able to do novice? I'm thinking it would be good xp for him and he could get a lil' blue (or two).

Nista

If anyone can put up a red 50% resist leader for me after you've burnt through stamina I'd appreciate it. I'm still trying to get the drop on fire sky before it ends.

I have a Neptune I could leave up as leader for the water dungeon. Should I go water/dark or water/light with him? I have a Pierdrawn for dark/water resist already.

Slottm

Neo Member
I think i may FINALLY have the first stage of Frozen Soil of Prosell on farm status. All i can say is:

images

And if thats not enough, i took both my ADK and my wind mech from 65 to max level over the weekend, and got about 40 + eggs for my ADK. Yea, ive been busy.

Heres the team im using to farm Frozen Soil

6ZCDJXPl.jpg

The Echidna is there only for the boss, i pop it right away, start orb changing, and boss is dead within 3 turns

I decided to max the Wind Mech instead of the Parvati because i use it like 50+ times a day, and the Parvati basically never gets used at all, except for the rare special dungeon. But Parvati is next.

I use the same team :) Just noticed you're the guy I added from facebook last week, you have the parvati too, right?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Xel, hoping your still around. Any chance we can see your Ammy today? Would make Master Ocean a lot easier.

Yeah, I'll leave her up. Pretty much all I've been doing is leaving leaders up. ADK gets a lot of use on the weekend is the only reason I had him up. She heals 3725/turn at the moment.

2 Marine Goblin drops...1 skill up for Siren.

Who needs no 2x skill up event.

edit : anyone know how much Xp comes from the adept? I got about 2.1k left to level up

parasight

Went in with my ADK and Xel's Ammy. Got stomped at the boss. He hit harder than I could heal up. Guess I have to bring Crystal Aurora Dragon next time. Thought I could power through it. Sucks to waste 50 stamina ugh.

Dawg

Is it worth keeping a Black + White knight in your party? Just noticed both of them are final evolutions and I don't know if I should give my king metal dragon to the black knight, since his stats seem to be pretty subpar, even at max lvl

I have a Blood Devil and Pteras, so I'm wondering if I should change them.

OTIX

Is it worth keeping a Black + White knight in your party? Just noticed both of them are final evolutions and I don't know if I should give my king metal dragon to the black knight, since his stats seem to be pretty subpar, even at max lvl

I have a Blood Devil and Pteras, so I'm wondering if I should change them.
Absolutely do not waste a king on such terrible monsters. So early in the game you should usually just match your team to the colour of your starter unless you have something better for leader. Get some evolved healers for your friends list and you'll get far.

ccbfan

Went in with my ADK and Xel's Ammy. Got stomped at the boss. He hit harder than I could heal up. Guess I have to bring Crystal Aurora Dragon next time. Thought I could power through it. Sucks to waste 50 stamina ugh.

LOL

I went for the quick route instead of the easy route too this morning.

Hey its blue why not go ADK leader, ADK, GED, Green Mech, Siren, Some Amu not as good as Xelios'.

Got my butt handed to me.

Couldn't get enough fires orb to keep myself healed, especially since I was an idiot and use the ADK skill first turn and turned all the fire orbs green. Now need to wait over 8 hours to regain that 50 stam lost.

Jagernaut

I am stuck at the last level of Polar Night Tower, Blue Guardian. Puzzledragonx.com lists the attack of the Leviathan endboss as 8472, but even with a 50% water resist I was one-shotted although my hp was over 6000. I tried it a second time with double resists and died on the sub-bosses because I couldn't heal fast enough. Any suggestions?

I am stuck at the last level of Polar Night Tower, Blue Guardian. Puzzledragonx.com lists the attack of the Leviathan endboss as 8472, but even with a 50% water resist I was one-shotted although my hp was over 6000. I tried it a second time with double resists and died on the sub-bosses because I couldn't heal fast enough. Any suggestions?

probably need an Odin + resist/autoheal

Dawg

Absolutely do not waste a king on such terrible monsters. So early in the game you should usually just match your team to the colour of your starter unless you have something better for leader. Get some evolved healers for your friends list and you'll get far.

Yeah, my leader is a max lvl mermaid (haven't discovered the monsters required for evolution yet) and she's a great healer for the moment.

Only bad part about that is that I don't really have a good water attacker, except for when I use a blue helper, so fire dungeons are a bit of a hassle, but I'm doing allright for now.

Are there any particular light/dark monsters I could look out for? I'm just tired of both my light/black knight, they're just so weak.

Slottm

Neo Member

hes closer to 16500 damage. Your options are kill him before he kills you, odin, or resolve, resist with enough hp, 2 resists etc

I did my math wrong on the Master level. I'm healing 1600ish every turn. he hits for 4500 every 2 turns. Looks like this will be a photo finish.

I have Rainbow Keeper for defense and Siren for orb changing to hearts. Lets see how this finishes....

Already had to burn 1 stone. Level 8 had gave me 4 demons with my rippers level with 1 turn before charging. Figured 1 stone is the same as a stamina recharge on this one.

J0dy77

Yeah I'm planning on spending this week skilling up my Siren via Skydragon.

I'm doing the same. I've already gotten 6 of them and zero skillups. Part of me is glad I didn't waste stamina during the 2x skillup but hopefully it wont take me 50 goblins to level my second. The first one I got really lucky.

If anyone can put up a red 50% resist leader for me after you've burnt through stamina I'd appreciate it. I'm still trying to get the drop on fire sky before it ends.

I have a Neptune I could leave up as leader for the water dungeon. Should I go water/dark or water/light with him? I have a Pierdrawn for dark/water resist already.

Nista, I put up my Meteor Ripper if you need the 50% resist.

Yeah, I'll leave her up. Pretty much all I've been doing is leaving leaders up. ADK gets a lot of use on the weekend is the only reason I had him up. She heals 3725/turn at the moment.

Thanks Xel. Just need to get back 25 stamina to level and go for master, another hour or two.

Oh, blue ripper. I will finally get one of you bastards!

I've gotten 4 already today, everyone will definitely have one after this.

Got the Blue Skydragon Nirai Kanai on my second try on Master, yay!

This dragon looks awesome, love the artwork. Hoping the stats aren't pathetic like the red dragon.

Just finished Master. No drop :(. Might be my worst 'special' dungeon drop. 2 Knights, 1 Demon, 1 Carbuncle. Just terrible.

Plus note is I got 2 skillups today from 3 Goblins...so it hasn't all been bad.

Lumiere

Neo Member
It's the other way round for me... Got 3 Mech Dragons from running expert but not a single succubus, which is the only thing I really wanted :(
I'm happy with the Succubus, but I guess with the Mech Dragon it was more of a matter of principle after so many runs! (and yes, it didn't drop in my last few runs yesterday night).

Time to move on to the flame skydragon - in this case all I really want is a Naga :)

2 runs of master, but no boss drop. Will try again later. I initially went in blind and 1-shot the boss with my ADK team. I looked up the wiki and saw it had over 900K HP! Dat weakness!

Splat

As a newish player, what kind of drops/etc are you guys talking about with the advanced dungeons? Is there a quick guide to lategame drops or specials/etc I can read? I'm just used to getting everything from pulls.

As a newish player, what kind of drops/etc are you guys talking about with the advanced dungeons? Is there a quick guide to lategame drops or specials/etc I can read? I'm just used to getting everything from pulls.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

That site will help you a ton. Depending on how early you are, most stuff will come from Pulls. You really don't see 'good' drops until you get later through the normal dungeon and SOMETIMES on the lower tier special dungeons.

What lvl/dungeon are you?

Splat

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

That site will help you a ton. Depending on how early you are, most stuff will come from Pulls. You really don't see 'good' drops until you get later through the normal dungeon and SOMETIMES on the lower tier special dungeons.

What lvl/dungeon are you?

Rank 31, on twin temple apollo, so not that far. Sticking w/ my red team right now even though it feels like my dark should be better.

Jagernaut

hes closer to 16500 damage. Your options are kill him before he kills you, odin, or resolve, resist with enough hp, 2 resists etc

I had to wait for a Odin helper but beat it with my siren, echidna, 2 rippers and a dragon knight for orb changing. The Leviathan hit for 16,945 but it was easy with Odin's damage reduction.

Caerith

That site has proven to be less than reliable, but yeah the Blue Guardian hits for 16k+ unresisted. You need either 50% water resist and ~10k HP or Odin/Resolve.

SirKhalid

Wow, drop seems great for these dungeons. I died on master this morning, but got the dragon to drop on my first try on expert. I will try master later on for my magic stone.

ParityBit

I ran twice on adept and finally got my lil' Blue! So happy! My last ripper I needed. Now I need to evolve him!

I had 3 chances for a skill-up on my mermaid. No dice!

Just added myself to the list. Might friend a few for some help getting through these lower dungeons. im only rank 20 but kind loving this so far.

Krauser Kat Watson@gaf 342641245 Salamander, Tyrannos Leveling up still, current rank 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom