• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
That site has proven to be less than reliable, but yeah the Blue Guardian hits for 16k+ unresisted. You need either 50% water resist and ~10k HP or Odin/Resolve.
Alternatively, just kill it before it attacks (which is what I did yesterday). With a Naga you have like 8 turns to go hog wild.

Yaari

If it helps anyone, I have 2 spots free on my friendlist. I'm running a 86 Amaterasu Ohkami. He isnt max, but with a resist dragon noone should die running the Skydragon on Master.

Edit: full now

Lumiere

Neo Member
Anyone knows what difficulties does Lil' Blue shows up at? I ran the dungeon on Expert a few times and haven't seen one yet.

Thanks! I guess I'll just keep running expert and they'll eventually show up (hopefully!).

If you haven't yet run adept, then I would suggest doing that, as you need it for the magic stone anyway. And I got way more on adept than expert. Once I had 2 in the same round on adept

J0dy77

Ah shoot, I must have missed it, and now I'm out of stamina for a bit. I'll try again later tonight.

Message me in game if you want me to throw the meteor up again. I'm going to be saving stamina for Master runs.

If it helps anyone, I have 2 spots free on my friendlist. I'm running a 86 Amaterasu Ohkami. He isnt max, but with a resist dragon noone should die running the Skydragon on Master.

Edit: full now

Yaari, if you open up a friend spot anytime soon I could really use another Ammy on my list. Thanks!

Lumiere

Neo Member
If you haven't yet run adept, then I would suggest doing that, as you need it for the magic stone anyway. And I got way more on adept than expert. Once I had 2 in the same round on adept
I don't know if I can run Master, my team is not that strong :( So I wasn't planning on trying to get the stone. Thanks for the heads up, though - if I don't see one dropping soon on Expert I'll jump on adept.

In the meanwhile I got the Skydragon and a Plessie both drop on my forth expert run. I wish I had this luck when I was trying for Rust MechDragon! the Skydragon doesn't look too useful.

I got a Plesio from the skydragon dungeon earlier and it is so easy to evolve. Talk me out of spending 100k xp on a dragon I will probably never use.

Quantum

three runs master - no drop - not too worried the red one dropped after 2 masters.

earned 5 stones over the last few days - pull - rare - third vampire.

not a lucky day!

that being said I'm finding the master level (sky dragon water) very easy with my siren + an evolved neptune:

siren max skill (q5 turns)
ripper (dark)
ripper (light)
rainbow keeper
rainbow keeper
Evolved neptune (~5k dmg/turn)

charge first round, with two rippers I have to kill one of the level 2,3 or 4 (usually use ripper if 3 or more of those little devils)

Level 5 (blue starter mid-boss) does less dmg then the autoheal

level 6,7,8 same as 2,3,4 - rip two and have to kill through 1

level 9 - dual sirens - autoheal almost matches damage but have to use siren skill once every 10 or so turns to heal back to max

level 10 - gave up on fancy matching - just charge rippers and let neptune grind away at the boss.

other little tactic with siren - I keep 8 hearts in the lower two rows - in the same format as you would for the mask dungeon in a resolve team:

HHXXHH
HHXXHH

I'm probably overthinking it - I have about 12k hp for the dungeon and in the three times running it I haven't had less then 6.5k hp at any point.

TimeKillr

I seriously don't understand the point of the Skydragons.

They have generally meh stats (except for ATK at max level), a stupidly high cost (only 10 less than the Mechdragons!) and their skills really aren't that good. What's the point?

Quantum

They have generally meh stats (except for ATK at max level), a stupidly high cost (only 10 less than the Mechdragons!) and their skills really aren't that good. What's the point?

I'm not strong enough to continue on the normal levels, don't feel like running more technicals - need more plants and its something different to do

oh and what ToxicAdam just said.

I got a Plesio from the skydragon dungeon earlier and it is so easy to evolve. Talk me out of spending 100k xp on a dragon I will probably never use.
When we get the 5.0 update, the starter dragons get an ultimate evolution with leader skills that give 2x ATK AND 2x RCV! ... Oh, sorry, you wanted me to talk you OUT of it? =p

Seriously though, max stats wise, the Norse gods are superior and have the same leader skills as the ultimate evolved starters. But the gods are only available via rare gacha, so if you don't pull rares you'll never get one. Another difference is the active skills. The Norse gods give a 1.5x ATK boost to same element for a turn. That's much more effective during a single maximum attack than the Dragons' 20x ATK ripper attack. However, the Dragons' skill can be leveled up using evolved Chimeras, and can be reduced to a count-down of 10.

If you don't pull rares, I think the ultimate evolved starters are some of the best leader monsters in the game. The only monsters I think are arguably better that could be gotten from dungeons are ADK, Zeus, and Valkyrie(according to wiki, Asia got a goddess dungeon in January). They're not very good as sub members, though, due to their poor overall stats. The ripper/resistance Dragons are superior and Mechs even more so as sub members.

Also, they're on the 1.5mil exp curve, so it doesn't take a lot to max-out their levels. So, it's not as big of a loss if you ever get something better.

All that said, you gave yourself the best reason to avoid wasting exp on it. If you're never going to use it, no reason to waste resources on it, unless you're doing it just to fill-out your Monster Box. You can always hold onto to it, in case you ever do want to use it in the future. Just don't waste resources on it until then.

Caerith

For me, it's the 8-9k exp per Expert run. Where else am I going to grind?

SirKhalid

Wow! Just got a good run from doing skydragon on master.
yRbh6ytl.jpg

Finally my first healer, woohoo! My first mystic ice knight and my second water skydragon with a +1.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Did I miss the x2 event for the Sky Dragon of Flame or is there just not one?

Against non high defense enemies, the Skydragon's skill is actually superior to rippers.

Ripper:

* 20k damage / 15 turns
* Skillup is basically impossible for all intents and purposes
* Thus: 1333 dmg / turn over time

Skydragon:

* ATK*5 dmg / 10 turns
* Not too difficult to reduce skill down to 5 turns
* ATK caps out at about 1850
* Thus: (1850*5) / 5 = 1850 dmg / turn over time

Now consider that if you put +99 ATK on it, it will have 2345 dmg / turn over time.

All of this is, of course, highly theoretical, but the point is that their skill really does not suck as everyone thinks it does, just because they see a "small" 5x multiplier. It takes 2 numbers to perform a multiplication, and the other number is huge.

xelios

I don't think there was one. Unless you're trying to skill up a Naga, don't worry too much about it.

My Echidna's at max skill, but was just not wanting to bother with it unless the drop rate is fair on Master without the 2x event. I've ran Master 4x already and not got the drop, but I'm assuming it's much higher % than the mechs?

My Echidna's at max skill, but was just not wanting to bother with it unless the drop rate is fair on Master without the 2x event. I've ran Master 4x already and not got the drop, but I'm assuming it's much higher % than the mechs?

Hard to say. personally I've done 3 skydragon master runs and gotten the drop all 3 times. I'm guessing it's something like 50%. Half the people say it feels higher than mech dragons, half the people say it feels lower. So it's probably either pretty similar, or slightly higher.

ccbfan

I just had a Sky dragon drop on expert on one try while trying to finish all the water sky dungeons for the stone. So the chances might be higher than Mech.

Also I need another Siren. whats the place place to run them?

Should I do Master Sky, Expert Sky, Regular dungeon? (I've opened every regular dungeon with Siren)

I can do all of them easily so its all about whichever has the best stamina to chance ratio.

Definitely do Master/Expert Sky for more Sirens; don't know which difficulty would be a better use for your stamina though.

Here's a pad.jpg picture for you guys:
69kdENgl.jpg

So i'm pretty sure farming sky dragon for a mystic flame knight is hopeless. I've probably run it 25+ times on expert and only seen it 4 times. Is there any dungeon where it's more likely to drop that i should wait for?

razterik

I just had a Sky dragon drop on expert on one try while trying to finish all the water sky dungeons for the stone. So the chances might be higher than Mech.

Also I need another Siren. whats the place place to run them?

Should I do Master Sky, Expert Sky, Regular dungeon? (I've opened every regular dungeon with Siren)

I can do all of them easily so its all about whichever has the best stamina to chance ratio.

Well, Invitation to the Abyss in Oceanus Falls has 2 chances and a exp/stamina ratio of roughly 450 (4,500 per 10). In comparison, the E/S for Sky Dragon expert is 350 (8,900/25) and master is even worse at 300 (14,400/50). Expert has 3 chances for a drop and master has 2.

I wouldn't say any of the choices are bad, and you will get feeder monsters from all of them. I would look at how much time you can spend playing, how much exp you need per level at the moment, and pick the one you can run the most. Also, if you are looking for a mystic ice knight or Lil' Blue (expert/adept only), the Sky Dragon levels might be better. If you want to level up more and gain more stamina/team cost, Abyss is the choice. If I had to go by pure chance to drop, Master Sky Dragon is probably the most likely, but has the least side benefits.

xCobalt

I'm guessing because when they were first released, there weren't any mech dragons. They were probably the best at that time.

Finally got the Sky Dragon to drop on my fourth Master run. Didn't have to use any stones refilling stamina, since I was able to manage a rank up between runs and rebuilding stamina over time. I'm glad that's over, because the exp/stam ratio is horrible and there's nothing I need to farm in that dungeon.

Definitely do Master/Expert Sky for more Sirens; don't know which difficulty would be a better use for your stamina though.

Here's a pad.jpg picture for you guys:
69kdENgl.jpg
Funny. I actually had that happen to my team while farming Pengdras. Didn't know Mythlits could bind multiple colors. Never found out because I always killed them so fast. So, one time I was just messing around building skills and setting the board, leaving a lone Mythlit alive. The Mythlit bound my whole party over 2 turns, and increased the bind time 2 more times after that. I was in no trouble of dying, but I found it amusing. As soon as the earliest monster was free, I was killed that little sucker.

PuzzleDragonX 4 Mar Update:
Combo Damage Calculator is added http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/calculator1.asp

This calculator is used for the endgame dungeons such as Zeus or a burst-team on 2 Heroes.
Advanced options will take elemental resistance / weakness, defense into consideration.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Hey! Welcome to GAF, and thanks for the site. It seems to have taken over the English wiki in popularity recently. I've noticed some mistakes here and there, but sorry, I haven't noted them down. Though, is there a reason that you don't list the daily bonuses for the higher tier dungeons? Frozen Soil of Prosell currently has a 1.5x drop, for example. Thanks, again!

xCobalt

My dark team is shaping up pretty nicely in preparation for 2 Heroes. Using Loki as leader with Hera, Vampire lord and 2 Rainbow Keepers. Sitting at about 11400 hp, 5200 attack and 1200 recovery. Hoping to max out my vampire lord and continuing to level Hera until the event happens.

PuzzleDragonX 4 Mar Update:
Combo Damage Calculator is added http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/calculator1.asp

This calculator is used for the endgame dungeons such as Zeus or a burst-team on 2 Heroes.
Advanced options will take elemental resistance / weakness, defense into consideration.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Hot dang I didn't know you visited GAF. The only thing that would be really awesome would be to put links to all the tools and daily dungeon stuff on the front page instead of having to go into the monsterbook first.

Funny. I actually had that happen to my team while farming Pengdras. Didn't know Mythlits could bind multiple colors. Never found out because I always killed them so fast. So, one time I was just messing around building skills and setting the board, leaving a lone Mythlit alive. The Mythlit bound my whole party over 2 turns, and increased the bind time 2 more times after that. I was in no trouble of dying, but I found it amusing. As soon as the earliest monster was free, I was killed that little sucker.

The whiskeydragon has the same skill that devils do, where they bind all monsters on your team of the opposite element. I got lucky that I was on Adept so it couldn't kill me in time, but I had an earlier run where I boffed a dark match and a Devil bound me, then all three enemies went onto the same timer. Instant death.

xelios

Well the blue and red skydragons dropped for me back to back on Master just now, so at least that's over with. Now back to barely playing...=p Gonna watch a movie to get away from gaaaaaames.

Saw this posted on the ggftw forum.

Who needs Zeus?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BPfqar38zSE

People never fail to amaze me with their creativeness. Very clever using dual evolved Gigases to keep RCV at 0. And for added synergy, they're the same element as Goemon and change Hearts to Fire orbs. Perfect! I have 1 max skilled Gigas and 1 level 3 Titan, just because they're so easy to skill-up with Samurai Goblins. Wasn't sure if I'd even have a team to put them in. Looks like I eventually will. Now, THAT is a true glass cannon team. Can't afford to take even a single hit, but you're nuking everything in 1 turn anyway with a 25x ATK multiplier. When, I first saw Goemon's profile, I thought his leader skill was too situational to be used consistently, akin to the Egyptian gods. But it looks like evolved Gigas breaks that balance. Once you're at <20% health, you have 25x ATK with zero conditions to meet. I also love that this player didn't even have any bonus stats on his monsters, save for +1 bonuses on 3 of them that were probably already there when he got those monsters. No +297 bonus stats necessary, though extra ATK would obviously only make the team even more effective. But, it's way less of a chore to only worry about raising ATK and totally ignoring HP and RCV bonuses.

Goemon's profile, for those interested.
http://translate.googleusercontent....%96%80&usg=ALkJrhjzQ1JCnhB7SIlgsicONDzZ6BmGUg

Caerith

Saw this posted on the ggftw forum.

Who needs Zeus?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BPfqar38zSE

People never fail to amaze me with their creativeness. Very clever using dual evolved Gigases to keep RCV at 0. And for added synergy, they're the same element as Goemon and change Hearts to Fire orbs. Perfect! I have 1 max skilled Gigas and 1 level 3 Titan, just because they're so easy to skill-up with Samurai Goblins. Wasn't sure if I'd even have a team to put them in. Looks like I eventually will. Now, THAT is a true glass cannon team. Can't afford to take even a single hit, but you're nuking everything in 1 turn anyway with a 25x ATK multiplier. When, I first saw Goemon's profile, I thought his leader skill was too situational to be used consistently, akin to the Egyptian gods. But it looks like evolved Gigas breaks that balance. Once you're at <20% health, you have 25x ATK with zero conditions to meet. I also love that this player didn't even have any bonus stats on his monsters, save for +1 bonuses on 3 of them that were probably already there when he got those monsters. No +297 bonus stats necessary, though extra ATK would obviously only make the team even more effective. But, it's way less of a chore to only worry about raising ATK and totally ignoring HP and RCV bonuses.

Goemon's profile, for those interested.
http://translate.googleusercontent....%96%80&usg=ALkJrhjzQ1JCnhB7SIlgsicONDzZ6BmGUg
That is awesome. (Are keeping multiple decks part of 5.0?)

Colby

So, how many of you guys have had luck getting Mermaids from the Blue Sky Dragon dungeon? I've completed Master four times trying to get one. It's the only monster in the damn game that I want!

Also, I just got a Vampire from the PAL egg machine (sweet!). Would this team work?

Vampire Lord (leader)
Neptune (blue/dark)
Minerva (fire/dark)
Lilith
Keeper of Rainbow/Dark Mechdragon (don't have enough team cost for this yet)/CDD
A friend's 2x Dark leader

Think this team would be enough to run through most of the game, except when resist is necessary?

Caerith

Why Lilith when you already have Neptune?

ok all updated :D
Love the site, but could you fix the ATK values for Keeper of Light/Dark in the Keeper of Rainbow - Master dungeon, and the Leviathan boss in Polar Night Tower/Blue Guardian. They both hit for a lot lot lot more than the listed values, resulting in wasted stamina for those caught unawares. Leviathan, especially, because who brings a resolve build for something that supposedly hits for 8k (but actually hits for 16k)?

raiot

FINALLY a Naga dropped for me... My stats: 7 Sky Dragons of Flame, 1 Naga...
Fed 5 to another Sky Dragon and was not surprised to see 0 skill ups! ;)
Is it a good idea to farm the Sky Dragon flame master for additional nagas or a knight?

Not sure where to go next, i have too many options...
This is my current box:

KWoBb55.png

uIz0YIX.png

ze3HS75.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom