• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

fairly confident defense is taken into account for EACH attack separately. So in your example, it would be 6.

You can tell if you are facing some enemies where you have a color advantage on a few of your monsters. The ones with the advantage may do increased damage, where as the rest will only do 1.

Or something like that.....
That's what I thought, but I wonder how anyone could ever get enough damage on just one pet to crack something like Neptune.

Well I now have 3 Rainbow Keepers. Thinking of using one of them to evolve my Beast Rider. Don't know if its worth it though.
I would use one to evolve a golem/guardian into a mech warrior. Rainbow Keepers are mostly just used for their HP and active skill, so why not work on something with the same active skill, 2k more HP, and 8 less team cost?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just scrolled by and one of my friends had a blue pengdra as a leader and I burst into laughter for some reason.

That's what I thought, but I wonder how anyone could ever get enough damage on just one pet to crack something like Neptune.

I would use one to evolve a golem/guardian into a mech warrior. Rainbow Keepers are mostly just used for their HP and active skill, so why not work on something with the same active skill, 2k more HP, and 8 less team cost?

Good advice. Think I might go dark or green.

i need to farm some water types because final stage of fire forest is raping my team. all i have is a ogre and an aqua knight that i just threw my king metal dragon on and got to level 30... i didnt realize he would suck so bad. Anyone on gaf want a present i have one and another almost at level 20 (my pad and my phone).

MicH

Sitting with 35 Sapphire Dragons and one Dragon Plant.. Can't wait for Thursday! Finally gonna evolve my Viper Orochi and I'll then have evolved all main members of my Lakshmi team! Yay!

ParityBit

Sitting with 35 Sapphire Dragons and one Dragon Plant.. Can't wait for Thursday! Finally gonna evolve my Viper Orochi and I'll then have evolved all main members of my Lakshmi team! Yay!

I do not have much to really evolve. Mostly only can powerup my rippers, Ammy and a couple of my random drops (mermaid/naga) Then I don't know what to do!

BetaTester

Neo Member
Love the site, but could you fix the ATK values for Keeper of Light/Dark in the Keeper of Rainbow - Master dungeon, and the Leviathan boss in Polar Night Tower/Blue Guardian. They both hit for a lot lot lot more than the listed values, resulting in wasted stamina for those caught unawares. Leviathan, especially, because who brings a resolve build for something that supposedly hits for 8k (but actually hits for 16k)?
Thanks for the report :D The ATK of leviathan is updated.

Did you record down the damage of LD Keepers? I don't have the data on hand now. Maybe they are diff to JP version then. Both jp and ch wiki stats 3xxx.
Edit: oh I just got a pm, it looks like that is the atk after next patch x.x
----

5 March Update: UTC+1 timezone is added.

So what is a recommended team for Zeus? I want to be sure I'm ready. I have everything decent I think except Orochi. Just trying to figure out what I should be leveling or if I'm ready.\

Edit: Meant Zeus not Odin
If you're talking about Zeus' special dungeon in which he's a guaranteed drop, Viper Orochi's leader skill wouldn't work, because Zeus uses multi-hit special attacks that'll blast right through Perseverance. Some people use Viper Orochi as a sub member for its active skill, though. Sorry, don't have any suggestions for a team build, since it's something I still have to look into myself. I didn't even bother last time, because I knew I didn't have anything that could clear it.

I regularly farm Neptune's normal dungeon stage with my ADK team. All of the Wood monsters on the team are at max level, and combined with 6.25x ATK multiplier plus Neptune's weakness to Wood, I'm able to consistently crack Neptune's defense. But, I still fail to do so every once in a while, due to bad luck with orbs or finger slipping. It takes about 1/2 to 3/4 of the board being Wood orbs and making as many Wood combos as possible. Having too many Wood orbs is actually detrimental, because it can make combos impossible. If you watched that Goemon video I posted earlier, the guy was able to kill Neptune in Hera's dungeon using a Fire team. Even being weak against Water, the 25x ATK multiplier of dual Goemons easily cracked Neptune's defense.

I do not have much to really evolve. Mostly only can powerup my rippers, Ammy and a couple of my random drops (mermaid/naga) Then I don't know what to do!
Progress through all the Normal and Technical dungeons. After that, farm 1.5x drop dungeons for rare drops and +1 bonus eggs.

If you're talking about Zeus' special dungeon in which he's a guaranteed drop, Viper Orochi's leader skill wouldn't work, because Zeus uses multi-hit special attacks that'll blast right through Perseverance. Some people use Viper Orochi as a sub member for its active skill, though. Sorry, don't have any suggestions for a team build, since it's something I still have to look into myself. I didn't even bother last time, because I knew I didn't have anything that could clear it.

I think most people zerg it with a Zeus helper, 2x Hera, and then just keep using stones until its dead. Average is 15-20 stones.

Yaari

What I found on Zeus as recommended is Vamp Lord/Hera/Hera/CDK/Echidna with, if possible, a Zeus leader.

Apparently the Hera skill will help so much, that each time you use it, it saves you about 5 magic stones.

It was also suggested that each of the team is atleast level 50.

I'm got all of the monsters, and am stacked on Evolved Pengdra. If Zeus were to pop up before 5.0 then I'd possibly do it. Otherwise I might save the Pengdra for something else.

I can run the regular things with my current team, so whatever dungeon shows up I'll be prepared because I can quickly level a new team.

Caerith

Thanks for the report :D The ATK of leviathan is updated.

Did you record down the damage of LD Keepers? I don't have the data on hand now. Maybe they are diff to JP version then. Both jp and ch wiki stats 3xxx.
Edit: oh I just got a pm, it looks like that is the atk after next patch x.x
----

5 March Update: UTC+1 timezone is added.
Thanks for updating that. I didn't record damage of the light/dark Keepers in Master, sorry, but I'm glad they're getting patched to 3xxx.

J0dy77

Well I now have 3 Rainbow Keepers. Thinking of using one of them to evolve my Beast Rider. Don't know if its worth it though.

I'd say if you're going to use him and having 2 other Rainbows it is worth it. But if you don't plan on using the Beast Rider, hold off.

J0dy77

Anyone know what specific files you need to restore PAD on an iPad? I had to replace my iPad today and copying the whole folder isn't working out.

J0dy77

Use iTools (seperate program for your Mac/PC) to back everything up

I have everything backed up, just need to know which files to copy back. Copying the entire folder to the new iPad isn't working well. I know it's a few key files.

MicH

I have everything backed up, just need to know which files to copy back. Copying the entire folder to the new iPad isn't working well. I know it's a few key files.
You should be able to import all the files back on your new iPad using iTools as long as the game is installed.

Other than that, I don't know

Finally caught a mystic flame knight from sky dragon expert after ~40 runs. Would not recommend. I should have a pretty decent shiva team now, once i get everyone evolved:

Shiva the Destroyer
Gigas (Max skill)
Echidna (Evolve soon)
Phoenix knight homura (eventually)
Meteor Volcano Dragon

Any adjustments need to be made to this? Maybe a second echinda? I've been running that dungeon for so long, not sure what to do now other than farm pengdras/dragons for xp.

Edit: I also have a Flare Drall, could use him instead of MVD?

Finally caught a mystic flame knight from sky dragon expert after ~40 runs. Would not recommend. I should have a pretty decent shiva team now, once i get everyone evolved:

Shiva the Destroyer
Gigas (Max skill)
Echidna (Evolve soon)
Phoenix knight homura (eventually)
Meteor Volcano Dragon

Any adjustments need to be made to this? Maybe a second echinda? I've been running that dungeon for so long, not sure what to do now other than farm pengdras/dragons for xp.

Edit: I also have a Flare Drall, could use him instead of MVD?
It really depends on what you have available. But that's already a pretty decent team. Between the MVD and Flare Drall, I'd lean toward the Drall. It combos nicely with Gigas' skill for extra offense or you can use the Hearts to replenish health. And getting rid of useless Wood orbs is always good. In tougher dungeons, ripper skills really aren't that useful outside of special cases like low-level Resolve or Odin teams.

What's the best place to farm mythlits? Regular ones, not the dubstep ghosts.
Technical dungeons, while farming Pengdras. I've gotten probably 98% of my Mythlits while farming for Pengdras. I've evolved a whole lot of stuff that required Mythlits, and I still have 21 of them. I've never had to run the Sprite dungeon, looking for Mythlits.

TimeKillr

It really depends on what you have available. But that's already a pretty decent team. Between the MVD and Flare Drall, I'd lean toward the Drall. It combos nicely with Gigas' skill for extra offense or you can use the Hearts to replenish health. And getting rid of useless Wood orbs is always good. In tougher dungeons, ripper skills really aren't that useful outside of special cases like low-level Resolve or Odin teams.

Technical dungeons, while farming Pengdras. I've gotten probably 98% of my Mythlits while farming for Pengdras. I've evolved a whole lot of stuff that required Mythlits, and I still have 21 of them. I've never had to run the Sprite dungeon, looking for Mythlits.

My build for my fire team was something like

Shiva
Shiva
Freyr
Echidna the Red Empress
something else

I figure a Gigas would be good, but I don't have one, so I'll have to farm one. 2x Shiva is nice - evolved Shiva already has a TON of life and ATK, so this should work well. I'm just unsure of what I'll take for my last spot, though.

All these teams I'm building take a while too. I'll be done with my Great Valk team (Great Valk + 2 max skill Sirens + 2 Echidna the Red Empress) this week, at least with the basic building blocks - they still need to be leveled.

That's my other question, too - should I take the time to level them? I can get them all to between 30/50 pretty easily, but that's the thing. Is it worth it?

Shiva
Shiva
Freyr
Echidna the Red Empress
something else

I figure a Gigas would be good, but I don't have one, so I'll have to farm one. 2x Shiva is nice - evolved Shiva already has a TON of life and ATK, so this should work well. I'm just unsure of what I'll take for my last spot, though.

All these teams I'm building take a while too. I'll be done with my Great Valk team (Great Valk + 2 max skill Sirens + 2 Echidna the Red Empress) this week, at least with the basic building blocks - they still need to be leveled.

That's my other question, too - should I take the time to level them? I can get them all to between 30/50 pretty easily, but that's the thing. Is it worth it?
That's up to you, and how many teams you want to play around with. You already have all the pieces, and even if you end up not liking the Valkyrie team, all of those monsters are good monsters on other teams, too. Echidna and Siren are good utility monsters on a lot of teams, even with non-matching elements. And Valkyrie is a staple on pretty much any Light team. There's very little risk of those monsters becoming worthless.

TimeKillr

That's up to you, and how many teams you want to play around with. You already have all the pieces, and even if you end up not liking the Valkyrie team, all of those monsters are good monsters on other teams, too. Echidna and Siren are good utility monsters on a lot of teams, even with non-matching elements. And Valkyrie is a staple on pretty much any Light team. There's very little risk of those monsters becoming worthless.

I'm building these 3 teams, in order of priority:

Healer (Great Valk + 2 Sirens + 2 Echidnas)
Parvati (2 Parvatis + Susano + evolved green golem prolly)
Red team (Shiva x2 + Echidna + something else, maybe a Phoenix Knight?)

I have 2 Lakshmis (lol) but my problem is I don't know what to build as a blue team. I could always use Lakshmix2 + 2x Siren + fenrir kamui but I'm really unsure for this type of build. I'm worried the Sirens won't bring enough atk to the table.

Caerith

Siegfried the Blue Knight is great on a Lakshimi team. Trouble is he only drops from Two Heroes...
I have Berserk (baby Siegfried), Mystic Ice Knight... and Parvati. Really hoping to luck out and get a Chu Chu before Two Heroes, which I doubt I can even clear much less farm.

blackflag

What I found on Zeus as recommended is Vamp Lord/Hera/Hera/CDK/Echidna with, if possible, a Zeus leader.

Apparently the Hera skill will help so much, that each time you use it, it saves you about 5 magic stones.

It was also suggested that each of the team is atleast level 50.

I'm got all of the monsters, and am stacked on Evolved Pengdra. If Zeus were to pop up before 5.0 then I'd possibly do it. Otherwise I might save the Pengdra for something else.

I can run the regular things with my current team, so whatever dungeon shows up I'll be prepared because I can quickly level a new team.

Yeah I saw that I have all of those and I'm just gonna work on leveling them up. I have friends with Zeus also. Well I have 1 Hera and 1 evolved Hades.

razterik

Shiva
Shiva
Freyr
Echidna the Red Empress
something else

Another Echidna would do wonders for your RCV in a red team. That second Shiva has nice HP and ATK, but his active skill won't do you many favors outside of dungeons with lots of high armor enemies. I would drop him for the orb changing Gigas once you farm him up. A mystic flame knight from the current dungeon would be good, too.

As for the Valkyrie team - personally, I like to shift teams around too much to get anything to super high levels. It just costs so much more exp. But a healer based team usually needs every little bit of HP it can get, so I think the higher you can take them, the better. Also, two max skill Sirens is probably overkill. Your RCV stat will be so high that matching a single 3 set of health orbs will be plenty most of the time. You could be using them to combo with the Valkyrie leader skills, but you will be limited by the Valkyrie's timer anyway. They will eat all of the Echidnas' red orbs, too. With exceptions for a specialized Valk/resolve team, I would drop a Siren for another Valkyrie, an Archangel (for the light attack boost), maybe a different healer girl, or a non-healer light orb changer like the mystic light knight (evolves to Verche).

Emalde

So this little guy just came out on JP a few hours ago:

Pet659.png

Pet660.png

Of course, in the most hilariously ironic twist of fate, if you used it as a leader, it caused the game to crash and you'd lose your stamina for attempting a dungeon. They fixed it, but it will never stop being funny that the Android-themed monster crashed the game.

So, I timed it out of curiosity, and this team, along with an Ami healer, was able to clear the Rainbow Keeper dungeon in 8 minutes. I know there's quicker teams, but this is the best I could do with my available monsters. It's a long way from the 3+ hrs it took me the first time. lol

pGKrMqx.jpg

Dawg

Welp, I finally witnessed the power of a siren. You guys told me earlier that I should use my mermaid as a leader and now I know why :eek:

The final boss in the adept Sky Dragon Of Flame dungeon used to wreck my shit, but then I used my friend's siren (+ my own mermaid) and I started outhealing every hit. Sure, it took like 100 turns or something, but I defeated him in the end :D

He only dropped some ruby carbuncles, a Pyro devil and lil' Red dragon though. Do you guys sell monsters like this?

Also, I have a sh*tload of emerald and metal dragons (including a king metal), but my only dark monster is a black knight and my only green monster is a lvl. max green mystic knight. Should I save them for when I have a better dark monster and when the green mystic is evolved, or should I use them on monsters with a different type? I have a blood devil as optional dark monster, but that's probably a waste, just like the black knight?

razterik

Welp, I finally witnessed the power of a siren. You guys told me earlier that I should use my mermaid as a leader and now I know why :eek:

The final boss in the adept Sky Dragon Of Flame dungeon used to wreck my shit, but then I used my friend's siren (+ my own mermaid) and I started outhealing every hit. Sure, it took like 100 turns or something, but I defeated him in the end :D

He only dropped some ruby carbuncles, a Pyro devil and lil' Red dragon though. Do you guys sell monsters like this?

Also, I have a sh*tload of emerald and metal dragons (including a king metal), but my only dark monster is a black knight and my only green monster is a lvl. max green mystic knight. Should I save them for when I have a better dark monster and when the green mystic is evolved, or should I use them on monsters with a different type? I have a blood devil as optional dark monster, but that's probably a waste, just like the black knight?

Keep the Lil' Red Dragon! That's a pre-pre-evolution ripper dragon (does 20k every 15 turns and has 50% red resist leader skill). You will want one of every Lil' dragon, essentially. Everything else you should funnel into other monsters for exp. Selling things is rarely worth it, aside from gold metal dragons.

The emerald/metal dragons, I would put into the mystic stone knight once you evolve him or into the mermaid once you evolve her. Those are both strong monsters you will use for a long time.

raiot

Sky Dragon Blue GET! :)

Now I can either concentrate on getting a Red mystic knight or mindlessly farm for big baddies to skill up my Vampire. hm..

J0dy77

i need to farm some water types because final stage of fire forest is raping my team. all i have is a ogre and an aqua knight that i just threw my king metal dragon on and got to level 30... i didnt realize he would suck so bad. Anyone on gaf want a present i have one and another almost at level 20 (my pad and my phone).

Use a good siren friend. Should help a lot. Invite me if you need one, I usually have mine up.

TimeKillr

Another Echidna would do wonders for your RCV in a red team. That second Shiva has nice HP and ATK, but his active skill won't do you many favors outside of dungeons with lots of high armor enemies. I would drop him for the orb changing Gigas once you farm him up. A mystic flame knight from the current dungeon would be good, too.

As for the Valkyrie team - personally, I like to shift teams around too much to get anything to super high levels. It just costs so much more exp. But a healer based team usually needs every little bit of HP it can get, so I think the higher you can take them, the better. Also, two max skill Sirens is probably overkill. Your RCV stat will be so high that matching a single 3 set of health orbs will be plenty most of the time. You could be using them to combo with the Valkyrie leader skills, but you will be limited by the Valkyrie's timer anyway. They will eat all of the Echidnas' red orbs, too. With exceptions for a specialized Valk/resolve team, I would drop a Siren for another Valkyrie, an Archangel (for the light attack boost), maybe a different healer girl, or a non-healer light orb changer like the mystic light knight (evolves to Verche).

Yeah, for the red team, there's a lot I can play around with, so it'll be worth it.

As for the healer team, I also have a fully evolved Lilith, so I can use her there instead of 2 Sirens. If I get a 2nd Valkyrie I'll use her too - I don't mind shuffling things around depending on what I need.

Thanks for the input!

ParityBit

Ugh. I hate you can not select any of your friends! I finally got my blue ripper, leveled him all the way up to ripper status, went to try the master sky level and Xelios is not on my list to choose from. Stupid game trolls me every which way!

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/6/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Ugh. I hate you can not select any of your friends! I finally got my blue ripper, leveled him all the way up to ripper status, went to try the master sky level and Xelios is not on my list to choose from. Stupid game trolls me every which way!

my favorite trolling is starting up a dungeon with a mono-color team....and having 0 gems of that element. I swear is happens every time.

TimeKillr

I did 12 runs of Expert Mask this morning.

I got 2 Mythic Masks. I need 9. This day is gonna cost me. :(

**EDIT**

I also have another question for you guys.

So I've been thinking about team composition for my red team. I figure focusing on orb changers would be a great idea, since more red orbs = win.

So here's the thing about my composition:

Leader: Shiva (I have a lot of friends who also have Shivas so this is a good bet).
Team:
Dino Rider (for Wood -> Fire and Heal -> Wood)
Phoenix Knight (for Water -> Fire)
xx
xx

I could go for a Gigas (Heal -> Fire) and just sort of negate Dino Rider's 2nd part of his skill.

What I'm looking for is something that has Wood -> Fire, and (I doubt this exists) Light/Dark -> Fire, or Wood (if I have a Wood -> Fire).

Otherwise I can just keep Dino Rider, Phoenix Knight, then add an Echidna and possibly a Gigas? I think the other possibility could be to have Gigas + Flare Drall as my last 2, so I would have

Wood -> Fire and Heal -> Wood
Water -> Fire
Wood -> Heal
Heal -> Fire

I'm feeling if I have a Gigas + Flare Drall I don't really need the Dino Rider (since their skills essentially overlap) so I could just replace him with an Echidna for safety...

So many choices! :)

Radav

I did 12 runs of Expert Mask this morning.

I got 2 Mythic Masks. I need 9. This day is gonna cost me. :(
)

Wow! That's an impressive lack of Mystic Masks. I ran Keeper of Rainbow like 5 times yesterday and came up empty handed.

Other then that lately all I've done is gathered Xp items to feed to my current crop of monsters. I'm starting to realize just how long it takes to try and max out a card. I got really lucky with my Odin and got him to 75 on the back of 2 straight GREATS! when I fed him a set of 5 emerald kings and a set of evolved pengdras. Otherwise it's just a slow pengdra + dragon grind. It's also made me realize I don't like the new metal/jewel dragon schedule. I think we get access to far less of the colored dragons and whenever I decide to run the metal dragons I end up with 25 small ones after 5 runs.

Nice to see people branching out beyond the ADK teams now. My friends list was like 75% ADKs for a while now I'm starting to see Shivas and Parvatis show up more and more. I'm at the beginning stages of trying to start a fire team after acquiring 2 Shivas during the last god fest. I'm planning on trying to farm a gigas and a Mystic Flame knight this weekend. Do you guys think that the sky dragon of flame will go into an increased drop rate this weekend? Which would you think would be better to try and farm a Knight on? I won't be using stones to refresh stamina so I'm leaning towards Expert but I'm also wondering if the Master might be better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Would you guys rather have an Orchi or Shiva as a helper today for the mask dungeon? (Shiva + Gigas is soooo OP)

Shiva is the optimum choice since just about everyone has their own resolve leader at this point.

Cleared Expert and no luck on my mask. I need to stock up on a few so I've got them for evo mats. I've also got 9 stones now (been saving from the anniversary event + 60 day login bonus). I really need to decide what I'm lacking so I can pull during the next good event.

Odin + Amaterasu Ohkami have just been SO clutch for me. But there are definitely times where having a max skill Siren on my team and an ADK or some other similar partner would be better.

OTIX

Yay, finally got my Siren! And it only took 40 marine goblins to max her skill so I have 36 goblins left, time to start farming for the second Siren. :)

Oh, and I also got the crappy dragon.

Fe7sjb4l.jpg

ERSMINPl.jpg

I was 1 for 5 on Rainbow Keepers yesterday. Wanted at least 2 but it was just to turn both a red and blue guardian into their final mech forms, and I am in no rush to do that.

0 for 2 on Mystic Masks so far and I want 4. Those will be to evolve Lakshmi and Berserk. Again, no huge rush but it is always nice to get them.

1 for 4 on mystic masks today. Puts my total at 2, which is enough for Pavarti...still could use more for Marine Rider.

Did manage to get the masks needed to evolve Succubus today, so now time to boost her up.

OTIX

I was 1 for 5 on Rainbow Keepers yesterday. Wanted at least 2 but it was just to turn both a red and blue guardian into their final mech forms, and I am in no rush to do that.

0 for 2 on Mystic Masks so far and I want 4. Those will be to evolve Lakshmi and Berserk. Again, no huge rush but it is always nice to get them.
If you're not in a rush to get the mystic masks then I would suggest Ocean of Heaven, it's easy with a green/dark ADK team. I got a couple masks there while farming for siren, you also get king metal dragons and marine goblins and the exp is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom