• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

So, how many of you guys have had luck getting Mermaids from the Blue Sky Dragon dungeon? I've completed Master four times trying to get one. It's the only monster in the damn game that I want!

Also, I just got a Vampire from the PAL egg machine (sweet!). Would this team work?

Vampire Lord (leader)
Neptune (blue/dark)
Minerva (fire/dark)
Lilith
Keeper of Rainbow/Dark Mechdragon (don't have enough team cost for this yet)/CDD
A friend's 2x Dark leader

Think this team would be enough to run through most of the game, except when resist is necessary?

You should get that mermaid, eventually. You have two weeks.

Neptune and Minerva don't really have a place on a dark team. If your team cost is high enough for both of them, you should be close enough to run the CDD and Dark Mech instead. Ideally, you would want more dark orb changers, such as another vampire lord or chaos dragon knight. A 4x dark team is pretty strong early on, but I would guess it will stall out past the Tomb of the Saint - Expert. Unless you grab a Loki and friend another, I don't think you'll be able to recover the HP you'll lose against enemies past there.

razterik

FINALLY a Naga dropped for me... My stats: 7 Sky Dragons of Flame, 1 Naga...
Fed 5 to another Sky Dragon and was not surprised to see 0 skill ups! ;)
Is it a good idea to farm the Sky Dragon flame master for additional nagas or a knight?

Not sure where to go next, i have too many options...

I saw and picked up my second mystic flame knight on expert. Haven't seen any knights on the master levels I've run. If you really want to build a red team (you have a Shiva), another Naga and a MFK would benefit you greatly. I don't like the exp/stamina ratio on Master. Two runs of expert seems to drop more monsters and give more exp for the same stamina. The rare drops are probably worse, though.

Your ADK team is pretty buff if you have maxed skills. And your Dark isn't much worse, with more utility members. You could just focus on either of them, or go all in on Red, but that will be a long haul.

raiot

I have one max ADK and one on Skill lvl 4 (6 turns).
I think i will set the red team to the side and concentrate on my ADK team...
But i want to max skill my vampire in case Zeus comes around. Should be prepared if I level up my team.

Kosh

‎[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/5/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
B: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

MicH

I'm probably gonna use a few stones on stamina to farm Sapphire Dragons today. Need them REALLY badly for my water team, and haven't been able to get them the last couple of times because tehy're up at like 5 AM for me. So this time I'm gonna go to town :p

blackflag

Anyone got the real jewel dragon times today? The chart on puzzledragonx has hot to be wrong since it shows the same group getting dragons 2 hours apart. Isn't it always 5 hours apart?

MicH

Surprise, surprise. It has to be a bug, the other groups have some kind of rotation, right?
The C group has at least, haven't paid attention to the other groups beside my own. Sorry to hear that B is always the same :( Hope you have a lot of water monsters to level :p

Kosh

Surprise, surprise. It has to be a bug, the other groups have some kind of rotation, right?

The guy who posts this on the FB page says he's never sure about groups A and B. I think he just keeps it the same because he doesn't know. Maybe he has three accounts and they are C, D, and E. I'm not sure.

Yeah, puzzledragonx site has A and B's first two dragons only 2 hours apart. So that can't be correct either.

Edit: puzzledragonx also has group D and E's first two dragons 7 hours apart...

OTIX

The C group has at least, haven't paid attention to the other groups beside my own. Sorry to hear that B is always the same :( Hope you have a lot of water monsters to level :p

Funnily enough I have 0 blue monsters. I'm up to 71 marine goblins and no Siren yet. :)

The guy who posts this on the FB page says he's never sure about groups A and B. I think he just keeps it the same because he doesn't know. Maybe he has three accounts and they are C, D, and E. I'm not sure.

Sadly B actually does always have blue dragons first, that part is not a mistake.

MicH

Funnily enough I have 0 blue monsters. I'm up to 71 marine goblins and no Siren yet. :)

Sadly B actually does always have blue dragons first, that part is not a mistake.
You should farm the Blue Skydragon as Metmaids drop fairly often

parasight

The worst is I just need 1 Light Keeper, but I keep getting Dark Keepers on Round 4 of Rainbow

EDIT: Of course the Rainbow doesn't even drop for consolidation.

OTIX

I wouldn't mind going after a second Siren. Any level of the blue skydragon seem to drop the mermaid more often?
Seems like nobody really knows if Expert or Master is more efficient for healer drops. Master is obviously much better if you want the dragon but Expert gives better xp.

Seems like nobody really knows if Expert or Master is more efficient for healer drops. Master is obviously much better if you want the dragon but Expert gives better xp.

and you can run it twice for the same price as master once. It's all a gamble. I'd rather run expert twice. My master run gave me literally nothing.

Slottm

Neo Member
In my experience when farming lilith, the general consensus was farm master. 27 runs of expert yeilded nothing - but it did take another 17 or so master runs for it :/

MicH

Master should have a higher drop rate, but I got a Mermaid on Expert while running it for experience. So I would say Expert is best since you can run it twice for the same stamina as Master

So other than mythlits, my Samurai Ogre is ready to be evolved into the dual color version. How exactly do you evolve it? Is it just through the power-up fusion since it technically isn't an evolve? Cause I can't use the evolve fusion on it.

Slottm

Neo Member
If you were to consider skydragon drop rates, which are estimated at 25-40% master, 5-10% expert, why would the healers be much different?

MicH

So other than mythlits, my Samurai Ogre is ready to be evolved into the dual color version. How exactly do you evolve it? Is it just through the power-up fusion since it technically isn't an evolve? Cause I can't use the evolve fusion on it.
It's through fusion, yes. You will see the fuse button glow yellow when you selected the materials. DO NOT do it if the button doesn't glow yellow.

So Rainbow Keepers...I know people use them because they have massive HP stats, but how many should Ii keep before I start using them as evo material? 1? 2?

It's through fusion, yes. You will see the fuse button glow yellow when you selected the materials. DO NOT do it if the button doesn't glow yellow.
Yeah, it's a really obvious effect when the busty evolve is available. If you have even a shadow of a doubt about the evolution, you messed up the recipe.

Which healer is the best farmable healer who doesn't need a Mystic Mask or Rainbow Keeper to fully evolve?

I think i need to farm a healer to progress a little better in the game, but I'm not quite at the point of being able to make it through expert dungeons yet

J0dy77

Some further information to help anyone on the fence about Master - Ocean. Here's the team I took and had zero issues, really easy. I used a blue ripper as the friend for the resist:

NIPbWnyl.jpg

The first 4 rounds you can auto heal and charge and basically one shot with the right orbs in play. The plesio tickles and I used this time to charge the ripper nuke. Rounds 6-8 are the only concern due to the numerous mobs on 1 round timers. Just blast them all with the saved nukes. Two sirens are easy and can be auto healed. Use the sirens orb change whenever it's up on the final dragon and save some when/if you get behind on healing.

Got him on the second master run.

Which healer is the best farmable healer who doesn't need a Mystic Mask or Rainbow Keeper to fully evolve?

I think i need to farm a healer to progress a little better in the game, but I'm not quite at the point of being able to make it through expert dungeons yet
None of them, asides from Valkyrie who doesn't count as a healer girl anyways?

Guess I'll do better upgrading to Chaos Dragon Knight (2x Dragon HP) and a healer friend, right? Gives me about 20K HP max.

Because dungeons are becoming so tough they're a chore.
That came out extremely wrong. What I meant to say was that none of the healer girls require a Mystic Mask/Rainbow keeper to reach 5*. They each need a Divine and colored Keeper, though.

That came out extremely wrong. What I meant to say was that none of the healer girls require a Mystic Mask/Rainbow keeper to reach 5*. They each need a Divine and colored Keeper, though.

Ah ok, I had looked at one or two and saw that they did. Now to mull over http://www.puzzledragonx.com (GREAT resource BTW) and see where I can get one to drop and compare them etc

Edit: Got a Dryad on my FIRST run of Sacred Mt Bakkes! (1.5x Drop rate)

BlueSteel

Welp, just realized that you can have the rainbow keeper NOT drop >_>

At least it didn't take an hour this time. Hades = too sick. Definitely the first guy I'm evolving right away.

Based on my notes, this team should be able to handle the Rainbow Keepers:

resolve leader (orochi? ogre?)
ripper
ripper
ripper (i noted that light should be one of these, the other two probably don't matter)
neptune
healer friend

Are my notes right?

J0dy77

Welp, just realized that you can have the rainbow keeper NOT drop >_>

At least it didn't take an hour this time. Hades = too sick. Definitely the first guy I'm evolving right away.

I ran Rainbow 3 times last week with the 2x and only got him to drop once. Very annoying. I wanted to be done with that dungeon forever. I'm hoping having 3 total is enough for me for a long time.

BlueSteel

ripper
ripper
ripper (i noted that light should be one of these, the other two probably don't matter)
neptune
healer friend

Are my notes right?

Are those rippers max leveled? If you have a siren you can pretty much never die. Then it's all about how long you're willing to take to clear it.

OTIX

ripper
ripper
neptune
healer friend

Are my notes right?
Yes that should work. However if you have an autohealer you're much better off using healer+Odin. It's safer and faster.

blackflag

So what is a recommended team for Zeus? I want to be sure I'm ready. I have everything decent I think except Orochi. Just trying to figure out what I should be leveling or if I'm ready.\

Edit: Meant Zeus not Odin

J0dy77

You should farm the Blue Skydragon as Metmaids drop fairly often

I've run master twice and expert at least 7 times so far, still haven't seen a mermaid. I had bad luck with lilith in Dark as well.

So Rainbow Keepers...I know people use them because they have massive HP stats, but how many should Ii keep before I start using them as evo material? 1? 2?

2 should be plenty, I have 3 now and have only ever used one in a team. The 25 point team cost makes it difficult at lower level to fit 2 in.

Caerith

What's the order of operations when it comes to damage vs defense? For instance, if you have an enemy with 4000 defense, and your team of 6 pets attack for 3000 each (including combo bonuses, etc), how much damage do they do? Is it (6 * 3000) - 4000 = 14,000? Or 6 * (3000-4000 [effectively 1]) = 6? Or does it add each color's damage together first, then subtract defense?

What's the order of operations when it comes to damage vs defense? For instance, if you have an enemy with 4000 defense, and your team of 6 pets attack for 3000 each (including combo bonuses, etc), how much damage do they do? Is it (6 * 3000) - 4000 = 14,000? Or 6 * (3000-4000 [effectively 1]) = 6? Or does it add each color's damage together first, then subtract defense?

fairly confident defense is taken into account for EACH attack separately. So in your example, it would be 6.

You can tell if you are facing some enemies where you have a color advantage on a few of your monsters. The ones with the advantage may do increased damage, where as the rest will only do 1.

Or something like that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom