• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

I thought it was odd how many combos I was getting until I realized the weekend dungeon excludes light/dark. Is this for just collecting gold?

Forz

Boss drop rates are tough. I probably did Voice of the Siren 20 times before I got the mermaid to drop for me.

blackflag

I thought it was odd how many combos I was getting until I realized the weekend dungeon excludes light/dark. Is this for just collecting gold?

Yeah that's all it seems. I ran it a couple times on both my accounts. Easy way to get gold though. Seems worth it since I was struggling with not enough box spaces or money to evolve so I'd end up selling stuff. Now I have the money to level stuff.

blackflag

Stuck with vampire lord on my iPad. Pretty sick at low level at least. I blew through the first 8 dungeon tiers like they were nothing using a mostly dark team. I had to be much more careful and it took longer on my iPhone with my 4 star healer monster.

Jinko

Guys, make sure that when you give your user IDs, you also let us know what game name you're using. When we receive invites, it doesn't give out the numbered ID, just the game name.

I've been culling a lot of people off my list, to make room for any GAF players, knocking off those who haven't played the game in over a week.

They could just add @Gaf to the end of their user name so we don't delete gaffers by accident.

Just finished Castle of Satan, stuffs getting hard, tried sky dragon of wood, everything was easy and then boss pops up with Strong and one shots me .. mwah ha ha guess i need to wait for coloured dragon dungeon to level up.

I'd be curious to see what some of your builds are.

I've got two max level characters that need to evolve ... but... where do I get the 'tier 2' masks from? I have everything but those... the masks with the horns.

Shiryu

Neo Member
Weekend dungeon adept is awesome. Did novice once and adept twice, resulted in 90K coins total.

Guess that evolving monsters just got a bit easier (and this holds me over until I can try Fire Forest Nerva again).

I could use some water/fire leaders though (other than grass), so any of you who haven't added me yet: 384,630,296 (Shiryu@GAF).
I have a feeling GAF consists mainly of Grass-type leaders after the New Year's event. ^^

I've got two max level characters that need to evolve ... but... where do I get the 'tier 2' masks from? I have everything but those... the masks with the horns.

According to the wiki, blue masks are from Neptune Glacier dungeon. So any dungeon around that should have some masks.
Try checking the masks you need on the wiki: Evolution Cheat Sheet on JP Wiki

Jinko

I have a feeling GAF consists mainly of Grass-type leaders after the New Year's event. ^^

LOL trying to find someone who doesn't have wood/grass leaders has been a bit of a problem for me.

They drop from the third tier of dungeons.

KuroNeeko

I'm guessing JP version isn't compatible with you guys. Might try the ENG version just to play with you guys though since my starter rares were so crappy. A Horus or an Isis would be cool to start with.

Been farming the Crystal Defenders normal to get crystals and whatnot. I've got Tomberry a
nd Behemoth, but can't get Marlboro to drop. Managed to pull a Puppetmaster and Time Mage but they're going to be a pain to evolve if I don't farm the shards now. The boss takes like 20 minutes to beat though with my light party. :/

Jinko

I'm guessing JP version isn't compatible with you guys. Might try the ENG version just to play with you guys though since my starter rares were so crappy. A Horus or an Isis would be cool to start with.

I friended someone with a moogle the other day so it must be.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
They could just add @Gaf to the end of their user name so we don't delete gaffers by accident.

True, but I guess I was referring more to how a lot of people are only posting their numerical ids here.

Just finished Castle of Satan, stuffs getting hard, tried sky dragon of wood, everything was easy and then boss pops up with Strong and one shots me .. mwah ha ha guess i need to wait for coloured dragon dungeon to level up.

I'd be curious to see what some of your builds are.

I'm going for an Ancient Dragon Knight + All Dragon team build right now. I need a green and a dark dragon to at least cover all the colors (got lucky and got a white dragon dropped from a boss last night). Right now, I've got 2 red dragons, 2 blue dragons, and 1 white dragon.

Also managed to snag a vampire yesterday, was reading the P&D forums, and apparently, the evolution process for one of those is convoluted, so that'll be one of the monsters I'm gonna try and build up. :p

garath

Ok, I'll try to delete non-GAF friends.
Edit : Done, 32/34 friends, all GAF members.

Oh no. You deleted me too :( I loved your blue Odin :( I understand if you dont have room though. So don't sweat it if you can't add me back :)

I'm in the spreadsheet. garath@gaf

Kouriozan

Oh no. You deleted me too :( I loved your blue Odin :( I understand if you dont have room though. So don't sweat it if you can't add me back :)

I'm in the spreadsheet. garath@gaf

Nah I checked and you are on my friend list, your Thor is level 7 atm.
And I have green Odin, not the blue one.

garath

Nah I checked and you are on my friend list, your Thor is level 7 atm.
And I have green Odin, not the blue one.

Oh weird. I could have sworn I didn't see you. Oops! :)

On a different note. This special weekend dungeon is amazing. I just made 16k gold with the novice one. It was very easy too even though I didn't know I wouldn't get any light orbs lol.

Edit: just did it again. My money problems are over for now. Now I have problems wth team cost lol

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
In addition to what I posted earlier now welcoming anyone with Fafnir as well (I'm using ADK leader and working on wood/dark all dragon team). ID is 331537297, thanks.

I am rank 11 and having trouble getting through "none shall pass" because i accidentally sold my only healer. Where do I farm for a decent healer?

xelios

I am rank 11 and having trouble getting through "none shall pass" because i accidentally sold my only healer. Where do I farm for a decent healer?

Find a few here to add. Then try to find explorer healers to go with you on easier dungeons and friend them afterward until you befriend several healers. From then on you can take them as your 2nd leader and their leader skill will be active (heals upon orb matching etc.) Note on the explorers you take with you their leader skill won't be active the first time - only after you friend them - so you may want to do easier dungeons until you find some.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Also managed to snag a vampire yesterday, was reading the P&D forums, and apparently, the evolution process for one of those is convoluted, so that'll be one of the monsters I'm gonna try and build up. :p

He's evolution process is only as complex as you make it. You can build him up and evolve him any way you want. But, to maximize his potential early on, there is a certain set of monsters you can feed him that not only provides him experience BUT gives the chance for skill-up as well. Otherwise, it's just expensive later on to get the same results.

Jinko

Add me I have a healer as my main most of the time, 380,534,297

He's evolution process is only as complex as you make it. You can build him up and evolve him any way you want. But, to maximize his potential early on, there is a certain set of monsters you can feed him that not only provides him experience BUT gives the chance for skill-up as well. Otherwise, it's just expensive later on to get the same results.

Oppss, guess ill be doing it the expensive way then.

xCobalt

For those who don't need gold but could use a few ranks up, doing dragons of the tower in tower of giants nets a lot of exp/stamina. You get about 1500 exp and each run only costs 3 stamina.

Rekwest

This is Japan only?
PuzzleandDragrons_zpsbceeb022.jpg

xelios

Decided to treat myself to a few pulls today since I'm building a dark/wood dragon team, got a Chaos Dragon Knight & Basilisk (both dark dragons) to go on my team with my Ancient Dragon Knight, so pretty happy about that! Also got Valkyrie which will help if I ever want to do a healer/light team, and Echidna the Red Empress. Overall very lucky results (only bad pull was Undine, maybe Lilith but isn't her poison supposed to be useful at some point?). Was already powering up a Dark Dragon Knight and Vampire Lord so I'll probably continue with that.

Uthred

So how tough are the Sky Dragon dungeons? Is there a certain average level your party should be?

Edit: To answer my own question, heres a page from the japanese wiki which shows how much damage the monsters/boss do at each level of the dungeon, so once you have enough base hp and healing you should be fine (currenly fighting the last boss of the wood sky dragon on adept) - http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/235.html

Does anyone know where the data48.bin file is located on Android? I want to back that file up to my PC, deleting it by accident instead of force closing it would completely suck, since that's the only way to save your game/account afaik.

data/data/jp.gungho.padEN/files , you need to be rooted to access it, try something like ES File Explorer

As an aside I tried copying the data048.bin from my android phone to my iPad, sadly did not work (well it worked in that the file was transferred, but the ipad version just started like there was no account)

Owzers

Boss drop rates are tough. I probably did Voice of the Siren 20 times before I got the mermaid to drop for me.

is it best to get a mermaid there or the lower level dungeon with 3 mermaids as bosses?

Jinko, I'd like to add you too if you get a friend spot opened up again in the future. My mains are typically earth guardian/dino rider. Name is turtlecard.

totowhoa

Banned
I'm rank 25 and never noticed receiving a gift. Did I miss something?

Also, the Weekend Dungeon is amazing for coins. I think I had three or four treasure chests drop on the single run I did... got about 25k coins in total.

So how tough are the Sky Dragon dungeons? Is there a certain average level your party should be?

Edit: To answer my own question, heres a page from the japanese wiki which shows how much damage the monsters/boss do at each level of the dungeon, so once you have enough base hp and healing you should be fine (currenly fighting the last boss of the wood sky dragon on adept) - http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/235.html

Man I wish I'd checked this thread before going through the Adept wood dungeon... breezed through it with Cupid as my leader and she kept my HP up to max... then the boss OHKO'd me. Yikes. Such a waste of of stamina... even if I'd survived the hit, no way would I have been able to heal up in time with my Cupid's skill. I'll definitely need to plan that run out more...

Yeah I should have read this thread before going into Sky Dragon of Wood assuming I'd be able to tank the boss with 50% damage reduction.

EDIT: Today's schedule from the FB page

Sky Dragon of Light x2 Drop rate starts at 12:00

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/5/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What are the recommendations for use for the metal dragons that are used as enhance material?

totowhoa

Banned
Whats your ID number ?

You can send someone a present when you hit 20, best to try and sync with a friend that way you both get two premium eggs.

Ah, I'm just stupid. I never noticed the "presents" section in the friend menu :p

So I've got a present to send. Anybody here have a present and want to exchange? ID is 381,530,295 if we aren't already friends. I don't mind waiting a bit if you're still a level or two away from rank 20 :p

What are the recommendations for use for the metal dragons that are used as enhance material?

Feed them directly to whatever you're wanting to level up, especially if they're sharing the same element (+50% EXP bonus), but this isn't necessary if your monster box is full or you're not raising anything of a certain metal dragon's elemental type... it's not a big deal if they don't match. Regular metal dragons give 1000 EXP (1500 if it's of the same elemental type), the next level gives 10,000 EXP, then 50,000, and then one that is ~82,500 I believe. Those are the only ones I've seen... definitely hit those metal dragon dungeons up.

Uthred

Is there a way to calculate how much healing your mermaid/whatevers song of healing will do ? Is it just heir base RCV, the party's RCV or some multiple?

Natiko

Banned
Hey I was wondering if there was a place to find out what certain evo materials are and where to find them? I want to evolve my Naga but I'm missing the very first evo material.

xCobalt

Is there a way to calculate how much healing your mermaid/whatevers song of healing will do ? Is it just heir base RCV, the party's RCV or some multiple?

Finals forms of healers do 3x their rcv while their earlier forms do 1x. Final form of Amaterasu is 5x but her rcv stat tends to be lower than the other healers

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Feed them directly to whatever you're wanting to level up, especially if they're sharing the same element (+50% EXP bonus), but this isn't necessary if your monster box is full or you're not raising anything of a certain metal dragon's elemental type... it's not a big deal if they don't match. Regular metal dragons give 1000 EXP (1500 if it's of the same elemental type), the next level gives 10,000 EXP, then 50,000, and then one that is ~82,500 I believe. Those are the only ones I've seen... definitely hit those metal dragon dungeons up.

All right, I figured something along those lines. I have yet to partake in any metal dragon dungeons, but will now that I am racking in money from the weekend dungeon.

Ocho

Thank god for the broken monsters you guys have. I wonder how does a guy with no friends and 3* monster fares in this game.

Owzers

Where can I farm a mermaid?

I have been trying in

Neptune Glacier - Mermaid Feast - 3 mermaids as the boss
Sea Cave Mercury - Voice of the Siren - Siren boss apparently drops mermaid eggs

if there is someplace better out there that you find, lemme know XO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom