• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Took me like 45 minutes to kill the boss but... worth it.
8Hzmyl.png

Daaaaaamn - nice!

Babalu.

i wasn't really feeling my team. I really wanted to start with the ancient dragon knight or something but I rerolled like 45 times without getting a single rare. So i just ended up keeping the first one I got which was a fortoytops or whatever its called. My brother got some super rare awesome one who is demolishing everyone and so did this other girl who got hades.

But i've trudged through and even though all my slot machines have netted me 3* craps, i'm still trudging through. I dont want to restart now because I like green and dont want to get dark stuff and build a dark team.

I've got a nice little combo going right now which really really shines in the weekend dungeons with no dark/light balls.

fortoytops = change water balls into heart balls
upgraded red goblin = change hearts into fire balls
find an ancient dragon knight friend = change fire into wood

and then things come out like this all the time lol.

needs more dungeons with no dark/light balls!!

IM73X.jpg

Owzers

my mermaid desires are being crushed, about 0-18 now Xp. All green :O I've never gotten them all before, but close.

edit: 0-23.

Jinko

i wasn't really feeling my team. I really wanted to start with the ancient dragon knight or something but I rerolled like 45 times without getting a single rare. So i just ended up keeping the first one I got which was a fortoytops or whatever its called. My brother got some super rare awesome one who is demolishing everyone and so did this other girl who got hades.

But i've trudged through and even though all my slot machines have netted me 3* craps, i'm still trudging through. I dont want to restart now because I like green and dont want to get dark stuff and build a dark team.

I've got a nice little combo going right now which really really shines in the weekend dungeons with no dark/light balls.

fortoytops = change water balls into heart balls
upgraded red goblin = change hearts into fire balls
find an ancient dragon knight friend = change fire into wood

and then things come out like this all the time lol.

needs more dungeons with no dark/light balls!!

IM73X.jpg

LMAO thats hot.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Got a 5 stars monsters from the rare gacha earlier.

He takes up 18 slots in my party, though :/

blackflag

Sweet just got a king metal dragon. Now to make sure I don't stupidly over level something with it

It only had 4 min left when I saw it there. Is it a daily thing only for a few minutes?

Kouriozan

Aw I always use the magic stone for stamina refill without wanting it.
Everytime I think I have enough stamina for a fungeon, so I click it and click yes and then, NOOOOOO, my magic stone!!!
It's too easy to accidentally use them :(

Sweet just got a king metal dragon. Now to make sure I don't stupidly over level something with it

It only had 4 min left when I saw it there. Is it a daily thing only for a few minutes?

Lasts one hour and are spaced five hours apart. When it starts depends on the third digit of your User ID.

vivin

my mermaid desires are being crushed, about 0-18 now Xp. All green :O I've never gotten them all before, but close.

edit: 0-23.

I feel your pain, im about 0/15 on the siren dungeon
Im in desperate need of a healer/big damage monster as I have none :( my neptunes poison skill is a joke now

Jinko

Aw I always use the magic stone for stamina refill without wanting it.
Everytime I think I have enough stamina for a fungeon, so I click it and click yes and then, NOOOOOO, my magic stone!!!
It's too easy to accidentally use them :(

Yea I have used them a couple times by acciident when KO'd :(

MKAllDay

I need to get three Emalits to level my Emerald Carbuncle. That means I need to repeatedly 3 stamina each time for 2 small chances of an Emalit spawning followed by an even smaller chance of the damn thing dropping an egg. This is awful.

Thursday is too far away.

xCobalt

I need to get three Emalits to level my Emerald Carbuncle. That means I need to repeatedly 3 stamina each time for 2 small chances of an Emalit spawning followed by an even smaller chance of the damn thing dropping an egg. This is awful.

Thursday is too far away.

Why not do the one with 5 floors?

Woah nice, how did you do it?

Also, Jesus christ @ Blue guardian in Polar Knight Tower

How do I do it? 16491 damage after 4 turns *whistle*

Fairlion + Archangel makes it impossible for Horai to kill me as long as I make a single match each turn.

I tried this against Sky Dragon of Wood earlier today, except I didn't read how much damage he attacked for. Oops.

MKAllDay

Why not do the one with 5 floors?

It still converts the same way. pay 5 stamina for 4 chances. 3 for 2 versus 5 for 4. Only difference is in 3 for 2 I get more chances to get pal points since its such an easy dungeon I just choose any partner that is worth points.

It still converts the same way. pay 5 stamina for 4 chances. 3 for 2 versus 5 for 4. Only difference is in 3 for 2 I get more chances to get pal points since its such an easy dungeon I just choose any partner that is worth points.

Uhh, I hope you're double checking your math for that. 5stam one is 1.25 stam/chance as opposed to 1.5 stam/chance for the 3stam floor.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Sent you your present too! Got the dark starter from you, PERFECT. Then got the blue starter a second time from mine, oh well. Now have 2x blue, 1x light and 1x dark, light AND dark, that's all I wanted.

mike23

Sent you your present too! Got the dark starter from you, PERFECT. Then got the blue starter a second time from mine, oh well. Now have 2x blue, 1x light and 1x dark, light AND dark, that's all I wanted.

Got a fire from mine and a light from yours

Smiley90

Did the Sky dungeon without realizing it was no RCU until a couple battles in. Damnit I'm an idiot. Made it all the way til battle 7 lol.

garath

Anyone looking to trade presents? I just hit 19. I'll be 20 tomorrow at this rate. I'm just grinding the weekend dungeon to stockpile some money. 250k so far.

I'm garath@GAF on the spreadsheet.

All right, just sent you the present. Hopefully you do better than me because I just got a 2* Plessie... ugh. I thought all rare gacha pulls were supposed to be 3* or higher. ah well.

Just send me your present tonight or tomorrow when you hit level 20. Enjoy :)

Hit 20 I sent u a present. Enjoy

garath

I just reached rank 20. Looking for someone to trade present. Thanks

I'll trade with you. Done playing for tonight but I'll add you and send present tomorrow. You on the GAF spreadsheet? I'm garath@GAF

One more adept run of the weekend dungeon and I'm 20.

elty

I'll trade with you. Done playing for tonight but I'll add you and send present tomorrow. You on the GAF spreadsheet? I'm garath@GAF

One more adept run of the weekend dungeon and I'm 20.

Yes I am on the GAF spreadsheet.

Just wondering, will monster box size ever increase? 20 isn't enough but OP suggested to save magic stone for egg.

And, where is the best place to get dragon plant? I am playing Tower of Trial stage 3 over and over again but never get one.

KuroNeeko

Can some with the US version try sending me an invite? I keep getting errors when I try to invite you guys.

Also, is it normal that I can't input any commas in the friend search field?

kuroMame@G
ID: 151,280,206

Jasconius

Can some with the US version try sending me an invite? I keep getting errors when I try to invite you guys.

Also, is it normal that I can't input any commas in the friend search field?

kuroMame@G
ID: 151,280,206

Said error 3 user is not yet registered. :(

Also, question, I'm still a complete beginner at this so I don't really understand how skill levels work I guess? I fused together a bunch of carbuncles so now I have one with skill lvl 3 at max level, but if I evolve him it will reduce it down to level 1 again, it says. Is this worth it?

So, I wanna make sure I get a good pull from the rare card thingy when I start. Is there a list of good ones? What's the highest star rarity I can get from the initial pull and where can I see a list of just those?

Nice to see those idiots at Gung Ho fucked Canada over again.

If anyone from that shitty, incompetent company reads this board, where the fuck is the North American demo for Dokuro? You fuckups didn't even get the game on the Canadian store until two weeks after the release date, but you left the demo in Japan? WTF!

Mashing

Should I be feeding metal dragons and then feed them to my main team? Or should I just fuse them with my main's without feeding the metal dragon's first?

I know you should feed carbuncles first, but I'm not sure if this is the way to go with metal dragon's as well.

Uthred

Should I be feeding metal dragons and then feed them to my main team? Or should I just fuse them with my main's without feeding the metal dragon's first?

I know you should feed carbuncles first, but I'm not sure if this is the way to go with metal dragon's as well.

I'm fairly sure metal dragons come at max level anyway so theres no need to feed them

Metal dragons are already at max level, so no need to feed them. They're purely meant to be fed as is. The only one you might make an exception for are the gold metal dragons, because they can be sold for a lot of gold. I sold one for 30K.

Regarding some of the advice in the OP, I regret spending my first 15 magic stones on rare gacha pulls. The OP says that's really all the magic stones should be spent on, and only expand your monster box when absolutely necessary. Well, unlike with your initial tutorial rare pull, you can't reroll subsequent rare gachas. And even with special events percentage increases, chances are against you getting something truly great. It's possible, but if you whiff, you put yourself at a significant handicap in monster management. You quickly start amassing a bunch of monsters, and it forces you to fuse or sell monsters that you might not be ready to. It really limits your ability to efficiently raise your monsters when you can't stockpile a bunch of feeder pets and evolution materials. I've since been spending all my magic stones on box expansions, and I'm now up to 60. And it's made monster, and consequently money management significantly easier. I can wait until I have 5 feeder pets to fuse, instead of fusing only 1 or 2 because I'm out of room. The extra boxes have been far more useful than the 3 rare monsters I pulled, and it cost me less than half of the stones I wasted pulling rare gachas.

So, in short, I think it's much more useful to spend early stones on extra monster boxes. I don't know how many would be optimal, but I think 50 is a good number to start. And that's only using 6 stones! Only when you feel you've gotten a good number of extra boxes, that you don't feel forced into selling/fusing monsters that you'd rather not, would I suggest then spending stones on rare pulls.

Smiley90

Stage 1-9 of the sky dragon dungeon is super easy and quick, now i've been on the final boss FOREVER. He's not hard, just crazy large HP. Just chipping away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom