• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ran out of stamina playing this last night. seems like a really cool thing, but fuck if I wouldn't rather pay $30 or whatever for a gussied-up 3DS/vita version or something. I just want it to get out of my way!

will be sticking with it though. let's see if I can resist spending bux!

The only reason I know I won't spend money on stones is because it's nearly a 1:1 ratio. I've done the IAP thing before (spent like $5 on a game), but it net me a REALLY nice boost. Here, it's basically $5 per gacha. :\

Ocho

Finally got a rank 5 monster. Alruane, a healer, meh, but lets do this!

EDIT: I have no idea what I'm doing.

W1SSY

Starting to like my leader more because he has a chance for a counterattack and that has led to many of times him just destroying the boss at the end of a dungeon in a counterattack. Do pal points serve any purpose other than the machine that gives eggs?

ParityBit

To add to that most monsters, Gods included, will drop from some place in the game. Certain ones, like Valkyrie, don't, but those are in the minority.

Boss monsters will drop, but the rate is pretty low. The exceptions are for special dungeons, like Hera, who drop 100% of the time. But you probably earned that right by beating her lol

Now do these drops happen from only certain dungeons? Or could I be in high level dungeon x, section y and BOOM .... rare monster drop.

What I mean for example is, am I am able to get something like the Ancient Dragon Knight to drop randomly in some dungeon, someplace? Or only if I were to use 5 gems.

mercviper

At the rate things are going, I will burn out from re-rolling before I even play this game lol.

Had some decent 4-5 stars but I've got my heart set on.... something else. I don't even know. :x

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
At the rate things are going, I will burn out from re-rolling before I even play this game lol.

Had some decent 4-5 stars but I've got my heart set on.... something else. I don't even know. :x

Don't obsess over the re-roll. You'll ruin a really solid game, haha.

Li Kao

Hugh, my previsions were incorrect, no metal dungeon in France now...
Do the timeframe the dungeon appear each day change ?
Yes I know the facebook group show each day timeframe, but I truly consider facebook to be the antichrist of UI... never found the info here...

mercviper

Don't obsess over the re-roll. You'll ruin a really solid game, haha.

I'm just doing it on my Android phone. I've settled for a mystic knight on my iPad so when I'm home I play the actual game. :p

Also, I see stuff saying "Leader skill cannot be used" when I get certain helpers. Does that mean at some point I can use it's Leader skill even if it's a helper?

Li Kao

I'm just doing it on my Android phone. I've settled for a mystic knight on my iPad so when I'm home I play the actual game. :p

Also, I see stuff saying "Leader skill cannot be used" when I get certain helpers. Does that mean at some point I can use it's Leader skill even if it's a helper?

Yep, when you befriend the guy.

garath

edit: I could be wrong. Li Kao's answer sounds more right.

It means you can't use the leader skill of the helper for whatever reason (like you don't have light monsters when it's a light enhancing ability). Otherwise yes, you can use the helper's leader skills.

xCobalt

What I mean for example is, am I am able to get something like the Ancient Dragon Knight to drop randomly in some dungeon, someplace? Or only if I were to use 5 gems.

Well, it won't just appear randomly in a dungeon. Each dungeon has a set list of monsters. The lowest form of ADK does appear in a couple of dungeons though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Apologies to whomever added me from GAF - I automatically rejected a bunch of people who randomly added and only saw the "GAF" part of the name too late!

J0dy77

Do pal points serve any purpose other than the machine that gives eggs?

I asked the same question couple pages back, don't think it was ever answered. I'm just wondering if it is better to bank the points until you get to a higher level and pull then.

I asked the same question couple pages back, don't think it was ever answered. I'm just wondering if it is better to bank the points until you get to a higher level and pull then.
No, they're just for the Pal machine. The contents of the machine don't change (as all the goddamn slimes I keep getting would attest) so the only reason to save up your points is if you want to wait for evo material pull rates to increase during an event.

Ocho

Should I wait to feed Alruane until I get 5 monsters that can net me from lvl 1 to max level? Is this even possible?

Tarps

OK my first roll has gifted me a 5* Dark Golem mkIII. Is this guy worth holding onto? I added him to the team, and but his darkness counter won't activate.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Should I wait to feed Alruane until I get 5 monsters that can net me from lvl 1 to max level? Is this even possible?

Impossible lol. Max level is 99... pretty sure you can't get that even with 5x50k dragons... Just wait with leveling gods, they get crazy expensive. preferably evolve the others, like your starter dragon or whatever you use.

Kouriozan

I'm at the 2nd technical dungeon, and I was saying to myself "Wow this boss is way to easy, it even don't attack some turn with her skill (gently smiling)" but then she healed all his HP just before dying. WHAT.

Just wait till you start having to fend off Tavr Devils for nine straight battles...

Also I went and checked out some screens for Angel Salvation, and holy hell you weren't kidding about it being a ripoff. Even the UI is a copy/paste job.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I should really read a guide, cause I am sort of just 'winging it' so far in this game. Doing okay, and I am figuring things out, but holy crap there is SOOOO much depth, I assumed it was more in line with other shallow monster-collecting games on mobile.

Flunkie

Banned
Geez where do you get the dragons required to evolve a Pengdra?

Also having Alruane and Mandrake as your friend and leader really help. :)

Owzers

second fire stage was a little easier due to massive combos from the Helper blue guy who turns healed blobs to blue...after i use the red blobs to heal skill on my evolved blue goblin. Tore monsters up.

Raven77

So, can I FULLY play and enjoy this game without having to buy stones?

Essentially, is it truly not a "pay to enjoy" / "pay to win" game???

Ashodin

Yes. It just takes longer to do certain things than pay people. It's all up to you how much grind you want to do. This is only in terms of Stamina. Everything else in the game is free to mess around with (evolving monsters, fusing them, etc).

So it's a great game to play for a couple hours at a time (if you can maintain rank ups)

Owzers

I'm in between on it, i'd say it's right in the middle. Stamina bar, incredibly small storage box, moderately high difficulty.....Make sure you get a decent start-off monster after the tutorial, i regret just going with the first thing they gave me.

mercviper

I have no idea what the OP's EXP table is telling me. I think I overfed my starter dragon.

I believe, given the set of numbers: 5 | 505 | 377 that for level 5, you would need a total of 505 XP, and only 377 from Lvl 4 to 5. I definitely overfed mine because I didn't look at it, giving it a 600 xp total. :x

Since you give your starter 50 XP at the beginning through tutorial, you only need 505-50=445 XP to max level it.

It just tells you the EXP curve for a given group of monsters. What level it actually maxes out at depends on the monster itself, which is why the table lists values all the way up to 99.

The first column lists the total cumulative exp to reach that level, the second is the difference from last level.

mercviper

It just tells you the EXP curve for a given group of monsters. What level it actually maxes out at depends on the monster itself, which is why the table lists values all the way up to 99.

The first column lists the total cumulative exp to reach that level, the second is the difference from last level.

Oh I didn't even realize there was more than 1 table. That's so crazy lol.

mjc

I'm not sure if I want to consider re-rolling. Both times I did it I got some pretty piddly monsters.

The only way to level monsters is to fuse them with others, right?

Ocho

I believe, given the set of numbers: 5 | 505 | 377 that for level 5, you would need a total of 505 XP, and only 377 from Lvl 4 to 5. I definitely overfed mine because I didn't look at it, giving it a 600 xp total. :x

Since you give your starter 50 XP at the beginning through tutorial, you only need 505-50=445 XP to max level it.

Thanks, now I got it and could use it effectively.

How come I can't use my friend's leader skills?
Are they actually on your friends list or are they an explorer? You can't use leader skills of explorer friends. But, if you see an explorer you like, you can use them for one dungeon and then send a friend request after and hope they accept you.

Li Kao

Hmm is there a fucking camera ? Karma is playful today or whatttt ? The hell ???
So I'm not the IAP type, not that I hate it but knowing my will I don't want to risk spiky bills. But hey, the game is good, I can part with some doughs.
So ok. First to find my lost itunes US login/pass (tedious), then order an online itunes gift card (annoying), then evidently the fucking game don't sell stone packs equal to my 15$ card (urrrgh)...
Ok ok, so 4,99/6 stones it will be, I will still be able to buy a 9,99/12 stones later.
First time credit on my itunes US account, not another purchase later, so... Why the hell do I have only 9,66 left on my itunes account ? Let's be honest, math wasn't my thing, I'm more the litterary type, but even in my world 4,99+9,99 don't equal anything superior than 15$...

I evidently emailed support asking for help but, I don't know, pessimist about the whole thing.

So.pissed.right.now

mercviper

Hmm is there a fucking camera ? Karma is playful today or whatttt ? The hell ???
So I'm not the IAP type, not that I hate it but knowing my will I don't want to risk spiky bills. But hey, the game is good, I can part with some doughs.
So ok. First to find my lost itunes US login/pass (tedious), then order an online itunes gift card (annoying), then evidently the fucking game don't sell stone packs equal to my 15$ card (urrrgh)...
Ok ok, so 4,99/6 stones it will be, I will still be able to buy a 9,99/12 stones later.
First time credit on my itunes US account, not another purchase later, so... Why the hell do I have only 9,66 left on my itunes account ? Let's be honest, math wasn't my thing, I'm more the litterary type, but even in my world 4,99+9,99 don't equal anything superior than 15$...

I evidently emailed support asking for help but, I don't know, pessimist about the whole thing.

So.pissed.right.now

My guess is tax. :x

Yeah I get 8% tax on my purchase statements in iTunes, so a $4.99 purchase becomes 4.99*1.08=5.49. 15.00-5.49=9.66

Jinko

Whoever Kourio@GAF is, your leader is awesome. I one shot a boss with 17k damage using your leader skill with my Thor. You are my favorite friend. Lol

Haha yea Kurios leader is sweet, great for boss fights as long as you have a healer to keep your hp topped off.

Li Kao

My guess is tax. :x

Ok. So.
You mean to say that I overlooked something and now pass for a fool at support and gaf. Peachy. The day keeps getting better :-S
Well if this is indeed a tax thing I guess that's fair. Just a little annoyed by the whole 'what in the world will I do with 10 bucks on a store I never use'.

Jasconius

OK I started this because I love puzzle RPG-ish things, and I have no idea what I'm doing~

I got a Succubus from my rare egg thing, which is probably terrible, but since I hate doing tutorials over and over again I will just stick with it! I finished using up my stamina for now, no problems with the first dungeon, I guess so I will have to read some more beginner stuff now before I play next time...

blackflag

Kosh!! your Viper Orochi saved my butt. That ability is crazy. I still gotta roll an account on my iPad, wonder how long it would take to get that beast.

Einbroch

Banned
So is there a way to get through the tutorial faster? My brother keeps rerolling and is getting three stars up the pooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom