• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

Which healer is that?

I was going through the 7-stage fire dungeon with some ragtag water units + Mashing's Alraune, which is the 5* Wood healer. Healing 1877HP per turn when my team had about 3100 max. Not a fast clear but I wasn't in danger of losing to the boss because of his cooldown between attacks.

Mermaid(3*)/Siren(4*) and Cupid(3*)/Angel(4) likely get that same upgrade when they hit 5*.

ParityBit

I'm trying to decide what to do at this point. Do I try to level my monsters or move onward. I barely made it past the last level. Dragons of flame. I hate wasting stamina and losing!

I now have 2 of the starting fire dragons. Should I sell the second or what?

Kosh

Kosh!! your Viper Orochi saved my butt. That ability is crazy. I still gotta roll an account on my iPad, wonder how long it would take to get that beast.

Yeah it's a great ability. I finally figured out why I'm not supposed to level him. The end game zombie team with him and Amaterasu, the way the math works out you want him to have the lowest hit points possible. Seems weird, but I guess he'll be forever level 4.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I am looking for more Ancient Dragon Knights (Wood 5*), Vritra (Dark 5*) & Alraune (Wood 5*) to go with my ADK leader, and I'd welcome a few other monsters with open arms as well! In case you don't know, my ADK will give you 2.5x attack for all dragon allies and change fire orbs to wood orbs.

My ID is 331537297 and until I get more friend slots I am only accepting:

• Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Vritra
  • Fafnir
  • Alraune
  • Viper Orochi
  • Green Odin(s)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami
  • MAYBE Loki 5* or 6*

I will try to keep the Gaffers I already have and when I get more friend slots I'd be glad to add many more. I log on several times a day so friends can use my ADK for dungeons. Thanks!

ParityBit

I am looking for more Ancient Dragon Knights (Wood 5*), Vritra (Dark 5*) & Alraune (Wood 5*) to go with my ADK leader, and I'd welcome a few other monsters with open arms as well!

• Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Vritra
  • Alraune
  • Viper Orochi
  • Green Odin(s)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami
  • MAYBE Loki 5* or 6*

When I get more friend slots I'd be glad to add many more Gaffers. I log on several times a day so friends can use my ADK for dungeons. Thanks!

I am an ADK! My number is in the spreadsheet and I have friend slots available.

xCobalt

I am looking for more Ancient Dragon Knights (Wood 5*), Vritra (Dark 5*) & Alraune (Wood 5*) to go with my ADK leader, and I'd welcome a few other monsters with open arms as well!

• Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Vritra
  • Alraune
  • Viper Orochi
  • Green Odin(s)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami
  • MAYBE Loki 5* or 6*

When I get more friend slots I'd be glad to add many more Gaffers. I log on several times a day so friends can use my ADK for dungeons. Thanks!

I got loki, ADK and Alraune. If you ever need a particular leader, just message me in game or PM and I'll switch. That goes to anyone else that has me on their friends list. :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I am an ADK! My number is in the spreadsheet and I have friend slots available.

You're in my friends. Using Tyrannos at the moment? Just want to make sure it's you.

I got loki, ADK and Alraune. If you ever need a particular leader, just message me in game or PM and I'll switch. That goes to anyone else that has me on their friends list. :)

I can't seem to find you in the spreadsheet, but would love to have you. Could you post your ID or PM it to me? Thanks man.

Anyone want to trade the level 20 present? My ID is 380,635,292 (Kahuna@GAF). My leader will be green Odin when I get enough team cost. Currently using Toyceratops.

ParityBit

You're in my friends. Using Tyrannos at the moment? Just want to make sure it's you.

I can't seem to find you in the spreadsheet, but would love to have you. Could you post your ID or PM it to me? Thanks man.

Mine is ParityBit. My leader is ADK, but I do have one of those which was my starter...

Shiryu

Neo Member
Man, Fire Forest Nerva is hard.

"Breezed" through all up until now, but that boss in the first dungeon took LONG and still got the best of me after a while.

If I could equip my Blue Odin, things would go faster, but since Odin requires 30 for him alone in the team, it's kind of moot to put just him and a helper...

What are you guys farming/grinding? I'm rank 19 atm.

P.S.: Is it possible to change my GAF name on the spreadsheet? Somehow spelled it completely wrong.

Ashodin

At higher dungeons I suggest slowing down, analyzing the board, and making three matches by tracing routes through the gems until you get several matches by one move. It does WONDERS.

Victrix

*beard*
At higher dungeons I suggest slowing down, analyzing the board, and making three matches by tracing routes through the gems until you get several matches by one move. It does WONDERS.

Yeah, you should have every pattern in that OP image down cold, if you aren't making two-three matches minimum every move, you're doing it wrong.

In some areas, you also need to start learning to store up orbs of a certain color for when you need them.

Orb changer critters are super useful for this as well (basic evolved Goblins work just fine early)

Speaking of early, don't be in a huge rush to evolve all your puzzlemons, they'll out-point you fast, and you won't be able to maintain a team. As long as you're making forward progress in the dungeons, you're ok. Evolve them when you have the point space free and it makes sense to do so.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, make sure that when you give your user IDs, you also let us know what game name you're using. When we receive invites, it doesn't give out the numbered ID, just the game name.

I've been culling a lot of people off my list, to make room for any GAF players, knocking off those who haven't played the game in over a week.

xCobalt

Just to add to the above tips. This might be more applicable to the later dungeons but if you're about to encounter a tough boss, keep making single matches that do little to no damage on the second to last floor. This will let you charge up all abilities and use them on the very first turn on the boss.

This is also useful on certain daily dungeons (Wednesday and Friday dungeons) and you have someone on your team who can use poison. Charge up the ability on the very first floor and have the poison ability stocked just in case. This lets you avoid a situation where two enemies will attack at once.

Victrix

*beard*
Does anyone know how many monsters are limited to the rare machine only?

If most stuff can be found in dungeons eventually, it'll keep my interest, but if you have to plug in five bux just for a chance at a lot of the critters, well, not so much.

Owzers

Do you take more damage if your monsters are weak to the enemy? I thought it was a one way thing but now i'm not sure.

elty

This game is hard. I am only at the third dungeon of the second elemetnal set. I don't think I can survive without rerolling and GAF helpers.

Mashing

I am looking for more Ancient Dragon Knights (Wood 5*), Vritra (Dark 5*) & Alraune (Wood 5*) to go with my ADK leader, and I'd welcome a few other monsters with open arms as well! In case you don't know, my ADK will give you 2.5x attack for all dragon allies and change fire orbs to wood orbs.

• Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Vritra
  • Alraune
  • Viper Orochi
  • Green Odin(s)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami
  • MAYBE Loki 5* or 6*

I will try to keep the Gaffers I already have and when I get more friend slots I'd be glad to add many more. I log on several times a day so friends can use my ADK for dungeons. Thanks!

ADK would go nice with my Alarune. Friend invite sent.

I need more friends too, 398735294. I'm not picky at this point, but have a least a 4* or 5* leader.

moowear

Just started playing. Fun so far! Silly question but I just got thanatos, why am I not able to add him to my team? Is he too strong for me at this level? I'm at rank 9.

xCobalt

Do you take more damage if your monsters are weak to the enemy? I thought it was a one way thing but now i'm not sure.
Nope. Enemy damage is fixed.

This game is hard. I am only at the third dungeon of the second elemetnal set. I don't think I can survive without rerolling and GAF helpers.
Relying on strong leaders will only get you so far. Take the time to level up and evolve your other monsters.

Just started playing. Fun so far! Silly question but I just got thanatos, why am I not able to add him to my team? Is he too strong for me at this level? I'm at rank 9.
The team cost of Thanatos is too high at your current rank. As you rank up, your maximum team cost will increase.

totowhoa

Banned
I have a quick question: Does anybody know if Cupid's leader skill "heal when orbs are matched" work in the no recovery dungeons? I kind of want to know for sure before burning the stamina. I played it once before and got wiped out because I didn't register the no recovery warning the first time, heh.

You might want to take a break and grind in a x2 coin area and try to run through some areas to get monsters for feeding and evolving. Try and evolve a monster or two and then feed it a bit more to level it up. You may try to specifically level up something that will be stronger in whatever dungeon you're in now.

I have a quick question: Does anybody know if Cupid's leader skill "heal when orbs are matched" work in the no recovery dungeons? I kind of want to know for sure before burning the stamina. I played it once before and got wiped out because I didn't register the no recovery warning the first time, heh.

Yes. This is pretty much how you're supposed to survive in the no RCV dungeons.

Victrix

*beard*
Does anyone know where the data48.bin file is located on Android? I want to back that file up to my PC, deleting it by accident instead of force closing it would completely suck, since that's the only way to save your game/account afaik.

Ferrio

Banned
Just downloaded, I got some crazy lvl 30 called thanatos out of the machine in the tutorial.

Friend Id 307,142,209

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom