• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something or does the US version not support a busty evolution of the Samurai Ogre? I have all the items needed and in order but it won't allow me to use the Keeper of Water. Am I doing something wrong?

OTIX

I've been having a very interesting morning. Finally got around to evolving my ADK. No clue why I waited this long when the bulk of my box is dragons. Was testing out the 2x ADK team with the dragon plant dungeon then forgot to switch in my Siren for Sky Ocean Expert. Thought 25 stamina gone... nope. Wow this team hits like a truck and everything I have is so under leveled.

Here's all it took to finish expert:

cEKb2eVl.png

I am now kicking myself for not trying to max skill him and level my other ADK while the green dungeon was up. Needless to say, I'll be throwing a lot of levels at him this week.

An ADK team is like driving a sports car. You're going so fast and it feels great.

Then suddenly you hit a tree. :)

Am I missing something or does the US version not support a busty evolution of the Samurai Ogre? I have all the items needed and in order but it won't allow me to use the Keeper of Water. Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe it's on your favourites?

An ADK team is like driving a sports car. You're going so fast and it feels great.

Maybe it's on your favourites?

so true. It hits like a ton of bricks, until you can't match orbs and get hit. Although the mechdragon there helps, I'm still quite a ways away before I can roster that bad boy.

OTIX

so true. It hits like a ton of bricks, until you can't match orbs and get hit. Although the mechdragon there helps, I'm still quite a ways away before I can roster that bad boy.

I ranked up soo much while farming Oceanus Falls and Ocean of Heaven for a Siren. I'm on day 34 and rank 107, with 0 stones spent on stamina. It's really nice to be able to use a mech or multiple rainbows, and to have enough stam to sleep and go to work without maxing out and wasting any.

I ranked up soo much while farming Oceanus Falls and Ocean of Heaven for a Siren. I'm on day 34 and rank 107, with 0 stones spent on stamina. It's really nice to be able to use a mech or multiple rainbows, and to have enough stam to sleep and go to work without maxing out and wasting any.

oh damn. I'm at like day 65 and rank 82ish hahah. I've slowed down considerably since starting.

With a bit of luck in Shrine of Sprites I managed to get the right evo mats I needed to evolve two of my rippers and my Verche to 4*. Still need a lot of Rubylits to evolve my third ripper and Naga, but at least I can breathe a sigh of relief at freeding up 15 box space.

Now I just need preposterous amounts of Pengdras to raise everything up to next evolution level...

Sometimes this game trolls so hard. Its like it knows certain things you need and refuses to drop them. I need Dragon Fruit, I play the Thursday Dungeon 5 times using all my stamina, drops zero. Now I get to wait forever to play again. Awesome.

Sometimes this game trolls so hard. Its like it knows certain things you need and refuses to drop them. I need Dragon Fruit, I play the Thursday Dungeon 5 times using all my stamina, drops zero. Now I get to wait forever to play again. Awesome.

You want plants? you get fruit. you want fruit? you get plants.

Seriously, when they had the 2x events going on...I had to fuse to many fruits away.

J0dy77

I completely agree and that's a great analogy. I almost cancelled the dungeon when I started thinking I had no chance. I was able to one shot everything and tanked one hit from the Mech. It was really close. I could easily see a lot of scenarios where this team wouldn't work at all.

I completely agree and that's a great analogy. I almost cancelled the dungeon when I started thinking I had no chance. I was able to one shot everything and tanked one hit from the Mech. It was really close. I could easily see a lot of scenarios where this team wouldn't work at all.

problem is, it just makes your ATK through the roof, while HP is still the same. It benefits from being able to use every color though. Pairing w/ CDK would reduce ATK, but boost HP as well.

Thats why I'm prefering 2xGod teams right now. Getting that boost to all 3 is pretty awesome. Pushed my fire team to 17k HP and it's crazy underleveled as well.

J0dy77

problem is, it just makes your ATK through the roof, while HP is still the same. It benefits from being able to use every color though. Pairing w/ CDK would reduce ATK, but boost HP as well.

Thats why I'm prefering 2xGod teams right now. Getting that boost to all 3 is pretty awesome. Pushed my fire team to 17k HP and it's crazy underleveled as well.

I'd prefer the God teams as well, too bad I don't have any that are worth using. :(

Thanks for depressing me by recalling my bad Gacha luck Boss. lol

ccbfan

Not everyone is lucky enough to get a Indian God team.

ADK/Dark teams are pretty much the only end game team you get to build from no lucky gachas.

Doing tech dungeon runs and maxing Pengdras is a bit more efficient at maxing a monster than waiting for these dungeons, is it not?

Im sure I'm not the first person to come up with Pengdra strats but here you go.

Pengdra take approx 2600 Exp to max, and about 300 coins. Pengdras give 9000 exp maxed out to like-colored monsters. One fertile land run nets you about 1800 to 2200 exp to rank up, and at least 3000 coins minimum, at a cost of either 7 or 10 stamina. You should get at least one pengdra from the 10 stamina dungeon each run. Thats equal to one High Dark dragon for 10 stamina instead of 15, constant and steady so there is no hoarding of stamina until a specific time. Additionally it gives far more exp to rank up.

You're lucky to get one King Dark every 3 runs. And its only 50K. You could get at least 54Kin the same stamina timeframe.

The game is looking up. I should have a dragon knight sometime this weekend. Got 3 of my baby rippers and pulled a petras from my present. Fuck yeah. This game is crack. Also thanks for all the ADK uptime, i slaughtered sea cave mercury right after fire forest took me to town for a couple days.

Doing tech dungeon runs and maxing Pengdras is a bit more efficient at maxing a monster than waiting for these dungeons, is it not?

Im sure I'm not the first person to come up with Pengdra strats but here you go.

Pengdra take approx 2600 Exp to max, and about 300 coins. Pengdras give 9000 exp maxed out to like-colored monsters. One fertile land run nets you about 1800 to 2200 exp to rank up, and at least 3000 coins minimum, at a cost of either 7 or 10 stamina. You should get at least one pengdra from the 10 stamina dungeon each run. Thats equal to one High Dark dragon for 10 stamina instead of 15, constant and steady so there is no hoarding of stamina until a specific time. Additionally it gives far more exp to rank up.

You're lucky to get one King Dark every 3 runs. And its only 50K. You could get at least 54Kin the same stamina timeframe.

unless you get trolled and manage to get 0 Pengdra drops :(

On this note, does the drop rate for Pengdras increase as move up the tech dungeons? Aside from having more floors of course.

Splat

Ran into a wall in the 4th Castle of Satan floor, the bosses keep one shotting me and I'm not positive why, even w/ both black/red resist as leaders and 4k+ hp?

Looking for some advice on group I guess, here's my useful roster:

Red:
Salamander(33)
Red Dragon (20)
Echidna(30)

Blue/Red:
Beast Rider(13)

Blue:
Undine(13)
Berserk(17)
Plesios(15)
Aurora Dragon(31)

Dark:
Vampire Lord(22)
D'spinas (24)
Succubus(25, waiting on evo mats)
Dark Golem(22)
Devil Dragon(56)

The game is looking up. I should have a dragon knight sometime this weekend. Got 3 of my baby rippers and pulled a petras from my present. Fuck yeah. This game is crack. Also thanks for all the ADK uptime, i slaughtered sea cave mercury right after fire forest took me to town for a couple days.

Pteras is pretty much a starter dragon, so in other words it isn't that good. Focus on getting the Dragon Knight to ADK as well as getting the rippers to their final forms.

ToxicAdam

Ran into a wall in the 4th Castle of Satan floor, the bosses keep one shotting me and I'm not positive why, even w/ both black/red resist as leaders and 4k+ hp?

Looking for some advice on group I guess, here's my useful roster:

Anyone on your friends list have a HP doubler leader skill? Like Indra? If so, load up on dragons and bring it along.

Isn't Undine's leader skill a HP doubler? Maybe you could load your team up with some Blues and a Dark Golem. Then bring an autohealer with you.

That was always my trick when I ran across bosses that could outhit my max HP's. I would use Sylph or Indra to give me a nice buffer of HP's to play with.

J0dy77

Anyone on your friends list have a HP doubler leader skill? Like Indra? If so, load up on dragons and bring it along.

Isn't Undine's leader skill a HP doubler? Maybe you could load your team up with some Blues and a Dark Golem. Then bring an autohealer with you.

That was always my trick when I ran across bosses that could outhit my max HP's. I would use Sylph or Indra to give me a nice buffer of HP's to play with.

A Chaos Dragon Knight is always good in these situations if you have a lot of dragons. CDK doubles HP for all dragons. I used those CDK friend leaders for a good portion of dungeons around Castle of Satan.

Also, try and work on a resolve team to get a Rainbow keeper on Tuesday. They help a ton early on.

TimeKillr

So I just cleared tomb of the saint expert... I really, *really* hate gimmicky fights like Hades, because you just freakin' KNOW you have to build a resolve team (or a resist + high HP + odin team or something) and then your damage is utter crap :(

I have to use a blue ogre for resolve because I don't have an Orochi and nobody on my friend list has one, so it's a bit of a hassle.

I figured I wanted to be safe, so I took vritra x2 (for 100k damage when resolve activates), an echidna for safety and a max skill Siren, just in case.

I still had to blow 3 stones because I ran into some time-synched monsters that just destroyed me. Also that basilisk fight was HORRIBLE.

My Echidna saved my butt 3 times too, so I can't quite complain, but it's just horrible. At least the last boss of the next dungeon (Hyperion Lava Flow) is just a poison fight, which just requires me to swap out one monster for my Lilith, Witch of the Night and I'm golden.

OTIX

So I just cleared tomb of the saint expert... I really, *really* hate gimmicky fights like Hades, because you just freakin' KNOW you have to build a resolve team (or a resist + high HP + odin team or something) and then your damage is utter crap :(

I have to use a blue ogre for resolve because I don't have an Orochi and nobody on my friend list has one, so it's a bit of a hassle.

I figured I wanted to be safe, so I took vritra x2 (for 100k damage when resolve activates), an echidna for safety and a max skill Siren, just in case.

I still had to blow 3 stones because I ran into some time-synched monsters that just destroyed me. Also that basilisk fight was HORRIBLE.

My Echidna saved my butt 3 times too, so I can't quite complain, but it's just horrible. At least the last boss of the next dungeon (Hyperion Lava Flow) is just a poison fight, which just requires me to swap out one monster for my Lilith, Witch of the Night and I'm golden.
Hades has less than 400k hp, fights like that can be blitzed with an ADK team. Maybe add an Echidna for extra safety.

Hades has less than 400k hp, fights like that can be blitzed with an ADK team. Maybe add an Echidna for extra safety.

Not a chance. Attack of 66,666. Need to do resolve or resist+odin. Unless you are confident you can do a 70k combo, which would require an INSANE amount of luck.

raiot

I think this is possible, Hades has 6 rounds till he attacks. with 2 charged rippers, and 3 charged adks and 1 charged CDK it might just work out!

Pteras is pretty much a starter dragon, so in other words it isn't that good. Focus on getting the Dragon Knight to ADK as well as getting the rippers to their final forms.

im in my third form on all three of my rippers from today. just trying to level my guy in a dk. i also have the white version of the unevolved adk im trying to level up.

J0dy77

I have two Viper Orochi's between my 2 accounts. I keep him permanently up on my iPad and can put him up whenever needed on the phone. Send me an invite, still have some space.

TimeKillr

I think this is possible, Hades has 6 rounds till he attacks. with 2 charged rippers, and 3 charged adks and 1 charged CDK it might just work out!

I think it's possible, but it's one of those fights where "hey, if I don't kill him within 6 turns, I'm dead meat!". I don't like those odds, strangely enough.

The only way it would've worked, I think, is if I had a relatively leveled white mechdragon (which is not the case - I have the mech, it's just never been leveled). I could do ADKx2 + white mech + white ripper + green ripper + echidna. This *could* work, but it's kinda dangerous. It's pretty much why I don't like ADKx2 teams anymore - it's a total crapshoot on some of the harder dungeons as you go along. It gets *super* dangerous to be a glass cannon, whereas 2x Hindu gods make them a total cakewalk.

I have two Viper Orochi's between my 2 accounts. I keep him permanently up on my iPad and can put him up whenever needed on the phone. Send me an invite, still have some space.

God damn, thank you. I'll look you up in the list.

So I added you from the ID I saw on the list, but I didn't see your 2nd account?

ToxicAdam

I don't understand why people don't do Odin + Chaos Devil Dragon leaders for Hades. Odin's aren't that rare on a friends list if you need one.

The only hard part is killing that first ballisk in time before they start grinding you down.

TimeKillr

I don't understand why people don't do Odin + Chaos Devil Dragon leaders for Hades. Odin's aren't that rare on a friends list if you need one.

The only hard part is killing that first ballisk in time before they start grinding you down.

Well the problem with Odin + CDD is that you do manually need to heal up. If you run out of hearts, you're essentially screwed - now I have 2 max skill sirens, so the odds of that happening are pretty low, but then you're sacrificing a *ton* of damage.

Pure resolve is much simpler and "safer" in that if you do resolve + a good auto healer, you're golden. There's zero risk to that fight, you just have to tough it out.

J0dy77

God damn, thank you. I'll look you up in the list.

So I added you from the ID I saw on the list, but I didn't see your 2nd account?

Yeah, that's my fault. I keep forgetting to add my iPad to the new sheet since i essentially stopped playing on it. Too much work to maintain both. I accepted you on my phone and put up Viper (dragon plants have wiped my stamina for a while). I'll send an iPad invite tonight. Phone viper is lvl 8, iPad is 38 or so.

Well the problem with Odin + CDD is that you do manually need to heal up. If you run out of hearts, you're essentially screwed - now I have 2 max skill sirens, so the odds of that happening are pretty low, but then you're sacrificing a *ton* of damage.

Pure resolve is much simpler and "safer" in that if you do resolve + a good auto healer, you're golden. There's zero risk to that fight, you just have to tough it out.

Think I did it with Viper and Ammy. Sacrificed a TON of damage, but not having to worry about dieing was nice.

ccbfan

Me too.

I've never had any trouble with these 50K+ bosses because Odin + resist means I can get through about 100K of damage.

AS for the Basilisk. Make sure you have enough light Nukers.

My team for Hades was

CDD
Siren
Light Mech
Lightning Holy
Enchilada

Some strong Odin Helper.

The nukes on the team (You talking about 160K Damage here) should be able to wipe out the Basilisk easily plus Enchilada to delay the. Leaving for an easy fight with Hades.

Auto healing is great and everything but might as well learn how to match heal now cause auto heal pretty much becomes useless later in the game.

J0dy77

This game sometimes...

I've been farming Ocean Expert a lot to max skill a second siren (only two skillups in 20+ tries) and hoping for a second Mystic blue. I had this scenario happen last night.

YCAR9Qxl.png

OTIX

Not a chance. Attack of 66,666. Need to do resolve or resist+odin. Unless you are confident you can do a 70k combo, which would require an INSANE amount of luck.
No luck at all. With an orb change each monster of that colour will deal 30-50k damage. Unless you're very unlucky he should die in 3-4 rounds. With an Echidna it's virtually impossible to fail.

This game sometimes...

I've been farming Ocean Expert a lot to max skill a second siren (only two skillups in 20+ tries) and hoping for a second Mystic blue. I had this scenario happen last night.

YCAR9Qxl.png

it's so bad. Ran plant dungeon a ton today. Had a few of these

- oh look, a level with only 4 plants. excellent!
- nothing drops

a;lskjf;wlkj

Splat

Got through 4th CoS level, but boss in final stage wiped me, couldn't keep up w/ healing without a healer, guess I need to go that route.

Caerith

What is the damage calculation behind poison?
ATK of the monster using it x 1.

Unless it's evolved Neptune, then it's x 5.

In either case, it ignores defense.

If you're going to use a poisoner for anything other than Wednesday/Friday dungeons, feeding them +ATK is not a bad idea.

Beaten.

No luck at all. With an orb change each monster of that colour will deal 30-50k damage. Unless you're very unlucky he should die in 3-4 rounds. With an Echidna it's virtually impossible to fail.

yup pretty much. I went into the dungeon with no prep as i had ADK leader + helper and went flying through him no problems....

Here's an ADK team I put together:
75b97c5bc2b296c1ede7bdfb1a6db4f3.png

I left red out because the ADK turns red into green. I left yellow out because the CDK turns yellow into black. I typically run this with a second ADK from a friend, though that composition can't handle the red skydragon dungeon boss, probably because there is too much green. I am thinking of trying it with a healer friend instead; it won't be as fast but it should work. Any suggestions?

OTIX

Here's an ADK team I put together:

I left red out because the ADK turns red into green. I left yellow out because the CDK turns yellow into black. I typically run this with a second ADK from a friend, though that composition can't handle the red skydragon dungeon boss, probably because there is too much green. I am thinking of trying it with a healer friend instead; it won't be as fast but it should work. Any suggestions?
With a high lvl ammy it will work but with only one ADK and a lot of green your damage will be crap so you're better off just using a normal healer+resist with non-green monsters. For any dungeon that isn't red you should replace the blue dragon with something green or dark, preferably ADK/CDK.

With a high lvl ammy it will work but with only one ADK and a lot of green your damage will be crap so you're better off just using a normal healer+resist with non-green monsters. For any dungeon that isn't red you should replace the blue dragon with something green or dark, preferably ADK/CDK.

Switched out the blue ripper for the black mech dragon. I do have a 2nd ADK - would that be a better choice than the green ripper?

What are the chances I could actually make it through ToSE Hades with the following team?
Gvalk
Valk
Moogle & Carbuncle (it's a Light/Light healer)
4* Echidna
4* Verche
Gvalk friend

atlantos

Neo Member

What team did you use to get to Oceanus Falls? I am stuck at Hades on Tomb of the Saint - Expert.

edit: sorry... seems I asked the same question as many other on this forum :D

What team did you use to get to Oceanus Falls? I am stuck at Hades on Tomb of the Saint - Expert.

2x ADK literally the entire time, and I'm 3 dungeons from the final one.

If your ADK team isn't strong enough for Tomb of the Saint - Expert, then Healer / Odin is a pretty easy one that anyone can put together (assuming you have a Siren), or a Resolve team as a last option

OTIX

Switched out the blue ripper for the black mech dragon. I do have a 2nd ADK - would that be a better choice than the green ripper?
In most cases yes. Rippers often don't have time to charge up before the dungeon is over. Personally I would replace the CDD, since you only have one dark orb switcher dark monsters are a little less valuable on your team than green ones, unless it's a red or light dungeon obviously.

I used a green/dark ADK team for almost everything. It can handle Hades if you have decent combo skills, safer with an Echidna. Though dark resist + Odin or healer + Odin might be safer for that specific dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom