• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing the drop rate from the other week. I need two mystic masks today and I'm 0/3 so far.

On the bright side, it feels good to be able to jump into Wednesday dungeon without feet of getting one-shot ko'd. Diggin' this Shiva team.

If you're not in a rush to get the mystic masks then I would suggest Ocean of Heaven, it's easy with a green/dark ADK team. I got a couple masks there while farming for siren, you also get king metal dragons and marine goblins and the exp is fantastic.

Not quite there. I have neglected the normal dungeons lately and am only at Kronos Forest.

And I have to thank (blame? :)) the GAF community here for giving me so many things to work on. When I was first started playing this game I was content to just go through the dungeons. Then I heard about all the rares and had to pull my own. Then I heard about skilling up and have done that some. You all sure know how to ruin my free time!!! :)

MicH

The final level of Tomb of Saints - Expert was so easy with Resolve. Hades was surprisingly easy to take down. I expected much more HP and defense

Yaari

So PAD KOR goes 5.0 tomorrow, and we still don't know anything on US.
Not too mention JP got teased with Wood/Light Zeus earlier.

Nista

I can't decide whether to run Sky dragon of flame expert for a chance at a red mystic knight or attempt to get even a single mystic mask to drop today (I've had absoluately no luck on getting these from weds expert ever)

I have two Shivas now, so I figure a red team is my best choice going forward into higher level dungeons, but red is the only color of knight that I'm lacking still.

MicH

what team did you run with? I'm stuck there as well
Viper Orochi leader, Lightning Holy Dragon, Noble Mechdragon, Chaos Devil Dragon, Chaos Dragon Knight and Ameterasu Ohkami leader.

Would probably switch out CDD and CDK for GED and ADK as CDK stole orbs from my light monsters. But yeah, very easy. The most challenging part is the mobs before the boss. Be careful of the Orgres as they hit hard (not a concern if they're not on the same attack timer, of course)

SayItWithMe

Neo Member
Need help with Expert Mask dungeon. I just cant seem to beat and I need to evolve my Siren. Can anyone help or have any suggestions? Here is my current lineup...

naRjb66l.png

Well first off, Echidna is useless in masks cause her leader skill does 0 damage IIRC.

The easiest way is to bring in a resolve team. Pick off anything with identical timers, charge up nuke/poison if necessary, easy.

MicH

When I had no poisoners, I usually used the following:

Siren leader, Sapphlit, Sapphlit, Sapphlit, Sapphlit and Viper Orochi friend. This is the outmost basic. It is much easier with poison as that will kill an entire wave.

With Shiva it is important you can charge her up in the first round and sweep the following four.

If you are not careful, you will get oneshot (without Resolve)

SayItWithMe

Neo Member
When I had no poisoners, I usually used the following:

Siren leader, Sapphlit, Sapphlit, Sapphlit, Sapphlit and Viper Orochi friend. This is the outmost basic. It is much easier with poison as that will kill an entire wave.

With Shiva it is important you can charge her up in the first round and sweep the following four.

If you are not careful, you will get oneshot (without Resolve)

With your lineup how would be able to boost your Viper quick enough for the next round when there are divine masks if you used it already in the previous round?

MicH

With your lineup how would be able to boost your Viper quick enough for the next round when there are divine masks if you used it already in the previous round?
I wouldn't need his active skill. His leader skill is Resolve. With all six water monsters I would do 6 damage for each matched set of 3 blue orbs. It is the slow way and you have to make sure that no Masks are hitting on the same turn otherwise you are dead.

I can't decide whether to run Sky dragon of flame expert for a chance at a red mystic knight or attempt to get even a single mystic mask to drop today (I've had absoluately no luck on getting these from weds expert ever)

I have two Shivas now, so I figure a red team is my best choice going forward into higher level dungeons, but red is the only color of knight that I'm lacking still.

Be ready to run expert A LOT if you want a Mystic Flame Knight. I needed one for a red team too and it took me ~40 runs before one dropped. And it's heartbreaking every time it shows up but does not drop, which was about every 8 runs or so. You do, however, get a lot of experience and i was able to almost max my Gigas' skill level from all the samurai goblins that dropped.

TL;DR It's worth it if you are willing to do pretty much nothing else over the next few days.

TimeKillr

Been waiting and finally evo'd these guys.

My dumb adk that wasn't able to get ANY skill ups despite all the msks I fed it. Bastard.

Just need a Titan to drop to fill out my shiva team.

I'm in a similar situation - I need a Titan, but he never drops. I'm farming the crap out of Tower of Giants too. :)

I'm in a similar situation - I need a Titan, but he never drops. I'm farming the crap out of Tower of Giants too. :)

I feel your pain. I can't justify running Tower of Giants until the weekend, though. If and when you get yours to drop, let me know how many runs it takes you. I think I'm sitting on around 40 runs so far.

I feel your pain. I can't justify running Tower of Giants until the weekend, though. If and when you get yours to drop, let me know how many runs it takes you. I think I'm sitting on around 40 runs so far.

3rd that. Bastard won't drop. Only plus is that you get an occasional DragonPlant to drop, which is always a plus.

What other monsters do well in a Shiva team? I have a Titan, red ripper, sky fire dragon, enchidna the red empress, and Kagatsuchi (5*). Is that enough, or does it need mystic fire knight and fire mech?

BlueSteel

Having two poisons and a shiva + shiva helper makes the expert mask room extremely easy ^_^

I'll put up Shiva or Lillith if you guys need it.

What other monsters do well in a Shiva team? I have a Titan, red ripper, sky fire dragon, enchidna the red empress, and Kagatsuchi (5*). Is that enough, or does it need mystic fire knight and fire mech?

Hmm, I'm still new on the Hindu-God thing, especially Fire. There was a post in the FB group that laid out ideal sub members. Here are the "Ideals" and the "Viable" subs as listed out from the P&D FB group:

Ideal Sub Members:
DVzhBOu.jpg

Other Viables:
cCmys0x.jpg

I know Titan and Fire Starter Dragon get new evolves in 5.0. They don't deal the crazy damage of an ADK team, but this team is still lots of fun to play with.

FB LINK

Babalu.

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/6/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

it's this right? it's 11:45 right now and im in group B and I got nothing. No metal dungeon at all and I've been checking this whole hour

Titan and MFK work great in a Shiva team due to their orb changing abilities. If you can manage to get a Freyr somehow, that 1.5x active skill will also be useful.

TimeKillr

Titan and MFK work great in a Shiva team due to their orb changing abilities. If you can manage to get a Freyr somehow, that 1.5x active skill will also be useful.

AKA what I have (Freyr). I was planning on using him, evolved, as a leader, but it's not necessary with Shiva.

All I need to fill that team is a Titan.

My layout is going to be

Shiva (Leader)
Freyr
Gigas
Echidna
Phoenix Knight

So 2 orb changers (heal -> Fire and water -> fire), Echidna aka the life saver, Freyr aka the "LET'S MAKE EVEN MORE DAMAGE!" and Shiva aka "Where's your defense?"

I can always swap Freyr or Echidna for a Kagutsuchi (although not ideal), red ripper (also not really ideal), another Shiva (for waay more damage and another -defense skill), Dino Rider (for wood -> fire and heal -> wood, although I don't really want wood), Flare Drall (for wood -> heal, which would work well with the Gigas)... So many different combinations to have fun with.

The last god fest was pretty kind to me (I did spend way too much money on it, though).

And one last thing: I don't mind farming tower of giants even when it's not 1/2 stamina, because I have nothing else to run today. Tomorrow it's jewel dragons + dragon plant day, so I'll have plenty to do, but I've got all the masks I need now for my next evolutions, the new tiers of dungeons are too hard to complete with any reliable accuracy, so I might as well focus on strengthening my teams...

Jagernaut

Having two poisons and a shiva + shiva helper makes the expert mask room extremely easy ^_^

I'll put up Shiva or Lillith if you guys need it.

Having 4 poisons is also very easy without Shiva. I picked up 2 succubi recently and also have Lilith and evolved Lilith. Paired with resolve and healer leaders, it takes 15 rounds to charge the poison on the first wave of enemies and then destroys waves 2-5 with a single orb match each.

Last week I had to use a resolve team with blue ogre, 4 sapphlits and a siren helper. The poison method is much faster.

Yeah even if you would have a few missing parts right now, that's a pretty solid fire team. When 5.0 hits you should also friend up an Ares for a mini-Shiva with orb change.

TimeKillr

Having 4 poisons is also very easy without Shiva. I picked up 2 succubi recently and also have Lilith and evolved Lilith. Paired with resolve and healer leaders, it takes 15 rounds to charge the poison on the first wave of enemies and then destroys waves 2-5 with a single orb match each.

Last week I had to use a resolve team with blue ogre, 4 sapphlits and a siren helper. The poison method is much faster.

Yeah, the poison method is by far the most effective, imo.

You don't even need to do a proper match for the poison to activate! Wait 15 turns, then it takes longer to display the monsters than to kill them.

It's out of reach for most people, but if you have 4 poisoners, wednesday and friday turn into ridiculously easy territory.

Ugh, just used up all my stamina on Room of Mask Expert (twice), didn't get any Mystic Mask =.= Don't think I want to run it again for a while now...

Btw, when is the next "suggested" date for a gacha roll?

BlueSteel

I had perhaps the best 3 runs of metal dragon ever. 3 metal king drops. Looks like underworld diety hades is finally within my grasp!

blackflag

Ugh, just used up all my stamina on Room of Mask Expert (twice), didn't get any Mystic Mask =.= Don't think I want to run it again for a while now...

Btw, when is the next "suggested" date for a gacha roll?

at this point probably when 5.0 releases which is supposed to be somewhat soon.

Splat

I had perhaps the best 3 runs of metal dragon ever. 3 metal king drops. Looks like underworld diety hades is finally within my grasp!

I managed 3 in 2 runs this morning, did a dance! Almost makes up for my complete shit luck at rares, unlike my wife's magical phone.

First two rare pulls were Lakshmi's (bit of a waste, but at least 5*), first pal was a king dragon.

I managed 3 in 2 runs this morning, did a dance! Almost makes up for my complete shit luck at rares, unlike my wife's magical phone.

First two rare pulls were Lakshmi's (bit of a waste, but at least 5*), first pal was a king dragon.

2x Lakshmi + 4 water subs = destruction. Same with 2x Shivas, 2x Pavarti's, etc. I'd hardly call it a waste. Mermaid from a Rare pull though....

Hope you have as much fun with that Shiva team as I am, timekillr. I don't think I have you on my list. What's your id#?

edit: Finally took out this ADK (Green/Dark subs) team for a spin. What a rush.

blackflag

I'm pretty sure I can make every good team now, I just need to focus on 1 to level. My ADK team is already levelled and my Ama/Odin team so I'm going to focus on leveling my dark team in hopes that we'll get the zeus event soon (but not too soon).

I've only managed one mystic mask so far today but it allowed me to do this:
52a99561f2fc07c66d8afae37c70e722.png

I also scavenged some parts from some other evolutions I am working on to go ahead and do this one:
3ea7dab37372dd07a068106dddb49c59.png

EDIT: Oh, and I made rank 100!

Quick Question: Has anyone got any luck getting the Azure mask drop from Fertile Land? I'm grinding it away and havent even had a mask encounter (Fortdragon of the land, 13 stamina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom