• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagernaut

High level Autohealer + 50% Damage Mitigator should help you swing it.

Orb switchers can be a big help in the earlier rounds. Those Knights/Devils can be brutal if they are on the same timers and you don't have orbs to knock em out.

How much hp do I need to survive the boss attacks?

Rekwest

Yes, I've officially stopped playing as of last night. Didn't spend anything at all in the past few weeks and have 9 stones sitting on my account from the anniversary gifts, so just wanted to witness that I had any willpower at all and leave satisfied. =p I learned my lesson about getting addicted to games geared for hooking "whales", due to the nature of my personality. It's about working on a psychological matter, not about the cost.

I removed everyone last night so I wouldn't be tempted/feel obligated/people wouldn't get annoyed at my inactivity. Thanks for the great sense of community and for all the fun and help. I'll still watch you guys from afar and look forward to seeing your journeys in 5.0. Best of luck to you all. :)

Thanks for your help! See you in....

blackflag

Sorry everyone whose invite I couldn't accept. after I posted that I had a high level Ammy I instantly got about 15 new invites from GAF but I could only accept about half. I removed everyone I could. I'll keep an eye on my friends list and make space when I can.

ToxicAdam

How much hp do I need to survive the boss attacks?

I don't have access to the wiki to give you an exact answer.

Personally, I would shoot for about 8000. Because it's not only the boss attacks, but you will have to endure some triple hits from Knights/Devils on the same timer.

Also, you need to get your RCV to about 1800-2000 to recover quickly from the hits. So, you might want to bring two Sirens (one in the party and one as the helper) or an Alarune and Siren if you want more damage. Keep changing those fire orbs to health and use them as needed.

High level Autohealer + 50% Damage Mitigator should help you swing it.

Orb switchers can be a big help in the earlier rounds. Those Knights/Devils can be brutal if they are on the same timers and you don't have orbs to knock em out.

Or last evolution dragon.

If you have 3 dragons, you can recharge their power in the first round and skip rounds 2, 3, 4. Then, recharge again at 5, and skip 6, 7 and 8.

Is important to have a blue healer. If your autohealer friend is green, bring also a blue healer even if it's not 5 stars. Is MUCH more effective in the last level to be able to create heal orbs each 10 (or even less) rounds than a refill each 20 rounds.

My current best monsters. About to start Castle of satan.

30 Dragon Knight
35 Aurora Dragon
1 Holy Dragon
1 Dryad
17 Mystic Knight
Max Level Tyrannos
32 Salamander

Is this pretty much the order in which i should try to max them out?

Jagernaut

Or last evolution dragon.

If you have 3 dragons, you can recharge their power in the first round and skip rounds 2, 3, 4. Then, recharge again at 5, and skip 6, 7 and 8.

Is important to have a blue healer. If your autohealer friend is green, bring also a blue healer even if it's not 5 stars. Is MUCH more effective in the last level to be able to create heal orbs each 10 (or even less) rounds than a refill each 20 rounds.

I have a lvl 27 Siren the Enchanter that is at skill lvl 5 and access to a lvl 86 Amaterasu Ohkami or lvl 42 Siren the Enchanter as helpers. Should I use the Siren helper?

OTIX

I have a lvl 27 Siren the Enchanter that is at skill lvl 5 and access to a lvl 86 Amaterasu Ohkami or lvl 42 Siren the Enchanter as helpers. Should I use the Siren helper?
Use your Siren as leader, any 50% resist as helper and you'll be fine.

Edit: By "fine" I mean you'll have enough heart generation to survive the boss. The trash waves will still be dangerous, it's a Master dungeon after all. Rippers are useful since they can clear a dangerous wave, orb changers are great for the same reason, green monsters are obviously good for the blue dungeon and so on.

Xelios, thanks for your contribution to my enjoyment of this game and this thread. Last night, I curiously got a friend request from a random stranger. I thought it was a bug, because my friend list was full. I refreshed the game, and I saw I lost a friend. Knowing what you've said before, I immediately thought about you. Since you were my first in-game friend, I sorted my friend list by "Time" and scrolled to the bottom of the list, and my suspicions were right. I didn't want to jump the gun with assumptions(maybe you just didn't like me anymore. =p), so I figured I'd wait and see if you would explain things on GAF. Congrats on having the will power to beat the addiction!

TimeKillr

Alright! So after doing a ton of emerald dragon dungeons, I'm now the proud owner of a level 42 Parvati the Golden Goddess (I got 9 king emeralds so I fed her 5) and a 41 Susano no Mikoto (he got the remaining 4 plus a pengdra!)

God damn that feels good. Now I need to get a wood mech up and my team's almost complete (I'm really hoping I can get more Parvati friends and be able to run through Two Heroes).

I don't seem to have any friends who have an evolved Parvati yet, so if anybody has one that they don't mind keeping up once in a while, please, be my guest. I'll spam that on the FB group too, hopefully I can get people there that have Parvatis.

Alright! So after doing a ton of emerald dragon dungeons, I'm now the proud owner of a level 42 Parvati the Golden Goddess (I got 9 king emeralds so I fed her 5) and a 41 Susano no Mikoto (he got the remaining 4 plus a pengdra!)

God damn that feels good. Now I need to get a wood mech up and my team's almost complete (I'm really hoping I can get more Parvati friends and be able to run through Two Heroes).

I don't seem to have any friends who have an evolved Parvati yet, so if anybody has one that they don't mind keeping up once in a while, please, be my guest. I'll spam that on the FB group too, hopefully I can get people there that have Parvatis.

oh good news. I was able to evolve mine as well. lvl 24 I think. Not sure how much I'll push into her (dat curve) compared to my GED and ADK.

only got 1 spot left for now : 397532.290

I run between her, Shiva the Destoyer, Siren

TimeKillr

oh good news. I was able to evolve mine as well. lvl 24 I think. Not sure how much I'll push into her (dat curve) compared to my GED and ADK.

only got 1 spot left for now : 397532.290

I run between her, Shiva the Destoyer, Siren

Good stuff. I sent you an invite!

This should rock, really.

Good stuff. I sent you an invite!

This should rock, really.

/motherofgod

so powered. This team is actually got me considered using my Rainbow Keeper to evo the marine rider (that bastards time has come) to make him actually useful in the team.

I just straight up murdered Fertile Lands Tech dungeon. Can't imagine what I would do to a Water dungeon

TimeKillr

/motherofgod

so powered. This team is actually got me considered using my Rainbow Keeper to evo the marine rider (that bastards time has come) to make him actually useful in the team.

I just straight up murdered Fertile Lands Tech dungeon. Can't imagine what I would do to a Water dungeon

God damn.. the HP.... and it's still really not maximized too.. holy crap. I can't even imagine what this is going to be like with a green mechdragon...

Hmmm... So my guess is the ultimate team for this combo would be

Parvati x2 (water to heal) + Cu Culain(heal to wood) + ADK (fire to wood) + wood mech (for hp/attack) + I dunno what? There's no light/dark to heal for green, obviously, so the only thing you need to get rid of is that. Considering I don't have a Cu Culain yet, I could potentially do Dino Rider (he does wood -> fire and heal -> wood) so you'd have an insane combo of doing

Parvati (all water to heal), Dino Rider (all wood to fire + all heal to wood) then ADK (fire to wood). All that's left on the board is light/dark... That's *insane*. I wouldn't mind getting a Ceres so that I could at least take care of the light or dark, too.

Slottm

Neo Member
Have fun Xelios, and thanks for your adk helpage while you were around! Timekillr - you may also want to consider running with freyjas, and keep a pocket ADK team which is a lot more efficient than parvati for a majority of content.

J0dy77

Mysic fire knights...

Are they more common on master, or is expert fine? I can run master but 50 Stamina is a lot

I ran both a lot and didn't really see many at all in either difficulty. I've been running Ocean a lot more and have seen 6+ in expert and still have not gotten the drop. I would think/hope the drop rate would be higher in Master.

/motherofgod

I thought you ran a fire team, too? I'm guessing not, if this is your first taste of a Hindu mono-color team.

I thought you ran a fire team, too? I'm guessing not, if this is your first taste of a Hindu mono-color team.

I do, I just don't have fire orb changers so it gets difficult when you get trolled on orbs. I have 2-3 wood orb changers to basically change the entire board and basically make hate to everything.

TBH I havn't found the 2xShiva team completely over powered. I'll have to give it another try to compare

XQGH3Ji.png

Sorry PBit, it had to be done. He was an anchor when rostered :D
Now I need another Rainbow Keeper :(

lordcyno

I've got one at 48. I don't put it up that often right now, but once I get a couple green monsters evolved, it should be up more often. Feel free to send an invite

Slottm

Neo Member
Ameterasu loses her viability as the game progresses - she's like a crutch to help you over that hump until the rest of your monsters catch up. That being said, if you have a powerful leader with a multiplier, you're better off using that IMO.

I do, I just don't have fire orb changers so it gets difficult when you get trolled on orbs. I have 2-3 wood orb changers to basically change the entire board and basically make hate to everything.

TBH I havn't found the 2xShiva team completely over powered. I'll have to give it another try to compare

Sorry PBit, it had to be done. He was an anchor when rostered :D
Now I need another Rainbow Keeper :(

Feels like Shiva team will shine with its ATK and HP. I'm gonna go nuts in the Ruby dungeon today, and spend some stones.

Owwww! My heart!

So any advice as to what level I should get my Ammy to so it will be useful for us? I was going to spend all my pendgras on it as I level them up.

MAX LEVEL, WITH 99 +RCV.

edit: I agree with Slottm. It's nice to be able to transition Siren the Enchantress from a leader position to sub position. She's so fricking useful as a sub.

ToxicAdam

I think the most annoying thing about the Marine Rider's evolve (aside from the poor max stats and same skills) is that they didn't even bother to change his artwork.

Artist: "Hmmm .. what to do... "

*adds feather to cap*

"Okay done!"

TimeKillr

I've got one at 48. I don't put it up that often right now, but once I get a couple green monsters evolved, it should be up more often. Feel free to send an invite

Done! I want to see what it'll be like doing blue skydragon again with that team. My guess is it'll probably be a complete cakewalk :)

I think the most annoying thing about the Marine Rider's evolve (aside from the poor max stats and same skills) is that they didn't even bother to change his artwork.

Artist: "Hmmm .. what to do... "

*adds feather to cap*

"Okay done!"

no shit, right? I seriously played a 'spot the difference' trying to figure out what was different. 'oh, there's some purple now?'

The max stats aren't great...but the evo'd max stats are certainly better than the non-evo'd max stats. And that skill is pretty useful.

Musan

Having started with a marine rider as my rare pull (should've started with that neptune I first pulled, now that I'm starting a Lakshmi team), he was really useful in getting through the initial dungeons of the game. Just sorta sad that he now sits on the sidelines while I go around smashing faces with my ADK team.

At least he'll have some utility whenever that green monster only dungeon comes about.

Having started with a marine rider as my rare pull (should've started with that neptune I first pulled, now that I'm starting a Lakshmi team), he was really useful in getting through the initial dungeons of the game. Just sorta sad that he now sits on the sidelines while I go around smashing faces with my ADK team.

At least he'll have some utility whenever that green monster only dungeon comes about.

brohug

I'm lvl 82 and I just started using him again and thats only because I don't have another green for the Parvati team

Yep. 5.0 is upon us:

*Maintenance Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*

The long-awaited update to version 5.0 is almost here. To implement it, we will be conducting maintenance on the following date:

March 11th, 2013 (Monday) 12:00am - 4:00am PDT

During this time, you will not be able to access the game.

Additional details (including possible delays or an early finish) will be announced via Facebook.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

TimeKillr

Ooooh yeah. I can't wait.

What I'm wondering, though, is how I'll have to update it. I downloaded the game through Google Play using a hack on my phone that fakes my current cell provider to Verizon or some shit, so hopefully I can just do that, update and return to what I currently am on (Rogers in Canada)... And not lose anything in the process.

And damn, if they do a godfest on the 11th, that's more money down the drain! lol

OTIX

So if I understand this correctly, in order for us poor Europeans to do IAP I would need someone in the US to buy me an iTunes gift card and send me the code so I can put it into my fake US account and use it for IAP, right? Has anyone here done this before?

ccbfan

Yeah Parvati is easily the best Indian God team and probably the best overall team in the game (5.0 might change this though)

With 2x Parvati you don't need another healer. With Shiva you probably still need a Siren around.

ADK is the easiest of all Swordsman to get to high levels and stats since its dropable and the leader of the only non-gacha end game team, plus can Pengdra level.

The only hard part of the Parvati team is the Heal to Orb changer which you can get with a well made Parvati team.

Only weakness is not way to handle high defense enemies but those are rare.

Too bad the dark/light Indian gods have such a crappy leader skill. If it had the dark/light version of the tri color Gods. Those could give Parvati a run for the money especially the Light one while the dark one would be even easier to make than a Parvati team.

Khar

So if I understand this correctly, in order for us poor Europeans to do IAP I would need someone in the US to buy me an iTunes gift card and send me the code so I can put it into my fake US account and use it for IAP, right? Has anyone here done this before?

Yes, I'm European too and have had no problems with using US iTunes cards.

My US gift cards came from eBay. The seller sent the code straight away and then sent the physical card in the post.

Nista

I removed everyone last night so I wouldn't be tempted/feel obligated/people wouldn't get annoyed at my inactivity. Thanks for the great sense of community and for all the fun and help. I'll still watch you guys from afar and look forward to seeing your journeys in 5.0. Best of luck to you all. :)

Thanks for all the help Xel. I'm going to keep soldiering on, without your epic healer to abuse. :) I'm sure there will be more games to enjoy the friendship addiction in the future.

If 5.0 is coming so soon, I am just going to hold on to my stones until then.

Even without a godfest, the additional Egyptian and new Japanese gods should be really interesting (Goemon is in the rare pull right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom