• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't handle expert level, no matter what team. I dropped enough money on it and only cleared it once. With only a red azure mask

Thus, fertile land

can drop from the lower level as well. Muscling through expert is not smart (nore possible i think?). You need to use resolve, shiva, or 4 poisoners.

I would run the adapt mask dungeon instead of fertile lands. Unless you want Pengdras too.

xCobalt

can drop from the lower level as well. Muscling through expert is not smart (nore possible i think?). You need to use resolve, shiva, or 4 poisoners.

I would run the adapt mask dungeon instead of fertile lands. Unless you want Pengdras too.

You definitely don't need 4 poisoners. I can run it fine with one.

Quick Question: Has anyone got any luck getting the Azure mask drop from Fertile Land? I'm grinding it away and havent even had a mask encounter (Fortdragon of the land, 13 stamina)
I've gotten maybe two combined on both accounts from Fertile Land. You may want to grind for it on New Journey (assuming it appears there) due to the smaller variety of monsters that can appear.
Anyone got the Android (1 yr anniversary) monster?
It's so cute. But does it have any use, seems pretty weak, and a waste of box space for me
Clearing the dungeon gives you a magic stone! The guy has Big Woodsie's terrible active skill and has a shitty hateblow as a leader skill.

I was made to believe that the divine masks dont appear on the Adept level, only Demon and Evolve masks.

I've gotten maybe two combined on both accounts from Fertile Land. You may want to grind for it on New Journey (assuming it appears there) due to the smaller variety of monsters that can appear.

Clearing the dungeon gives you a magic stone! The guy has Big Woodsie's terrible active skill and has a shitty hateblow as a leader skill.
Awesome! Will do!

Quick Question: Has anyone got any luck getting the Azure mask drop from Fertile Land? I'm grinding it away and havent even had a mask encounter (Fortdragon of the land, 13 stamina)

Whenever I'm farming green pengdras, I usually get like 1 azure mask in about 30-40 runs of Fertile Land first stage. I think you get a higher drop rate on the last stage of Fertile Land though

TimeKillr

Hope you have as much fun with that Shiva team as I am, timekillr. I don't think I have you on my list. What's your id#?

edit: Finally took out this ADK (Green/Dark subs) team for a spin. What a rush.

My ID is 317845206. I mostly run with my ADK out while I'm putting the finishing touches on my Shiva team...

OTIX

I can't handle expert level, no matter what team. I dropped enough money on it and only cleared it once. With only a red azure mask

Thus, fertile land
Instead of wasting time in Fertile Lands you should really take a couple minutes and read up on how to do expert masks. It's very easy and requires no rare or high level monsters at all. Seriously, anyone can do it.

suko_32

This and a helper shiva or poinsoner are my Wed and Fri team. Sadly, all those succubus/Lilith were from the rare egg machine and not drops.

HIJZCiF.png

ccbfan

Whats better to run for swordman?

Expert or Master?

I ran like 10 Experts and 5 masters so far and got nothing. Saw a swordsman twice.

I want to grab one of fire and water swordsman since they're both hard to get. Plus I really want a fire one since I have an OK Fire team when we get Ultimate Evo Starter dragons.

Water dungeon does get you a ton of siren skill levelers for my 2nd siren though.

razterik

Whats better to run for swordman?

Expert or Master?

I ran like 10 Experts and 5 masters so far and got nothing. Saw a swordsman twice.

I want to grab one of fire and water swordsman since they're both hard to get. Plus I really want a fire one since I have an OK Fire team when we get Ultimate Evo Starter dragons.

Water dungeon does get you a ton of siren skill levelers for my 2nd siren though.

Nobody really knows. I like Expert better for the exp and you won't see the marine goblins in master. Master undoubtedly has better drop rates, but I haven't seen a single knight in my 10 or so runs of both master dungeons. Quite a few in expert, but only one lucky drop.

I would focus on skilling up the siren in expert, and once that's done, maybe try master if you are still looking.

Edit: Also, you can stop skilling up a second orb change monster one level before max. You can't use that skill twice in one turn.

J0dy77

Need help with Expert Mask dungeon. I just cant seem to beat and I need to evolve my Siren. Can anyone help or have any suggestions? Here is my current lineup...

naRjb66l.png

I've had a very easy time just abusing shiva friends on my list. If your have a Titan or ogre and then shiva friend you should be able to make it through.

Colby

For those who farm Ocean of Heaven, how many Mermaids have you gotten, on average? I've done the Blue Skydragon Master dungeon about ten times now, and not a single Mermaid has dropped. I can't keep justifying the stamina hit, so I need an alternative.

Quantum

argh!

I love - hate - love - hate this game!

some days work out so well, and some are so frustrating.

that being said is Neptune ever farmable? that evolved form - 5k dmg/turn is fantastic. My evolved lilith barely does 650 dmg/turn.

been very tempted to actually buy a few pulls at the gathca, but I understand how its almost impossible to pull what you want and actually have an unevolved neptune on my second account.

have continued to progress both on the normal levels and the tech dungeons on my main account - will probably *not* buy stones right now - perhaps I'll throw gungho a few dollars at the release of 5.0 if a ton of new mobs are added.

I've easily played 50+ hours and gungho definitely deserves my support at this point as this is the first ios game that has pulled this much time - can only imagine if I could play this at work...

TimeKillr

argh!

I love - hate - love - hate this game!

some days work out so well, and some are so frustrating.

that being said is Neptune ever farmable? that evolved form - 5k dmg/turn is fantastic. My evolved lilith barely does 650 dmg/turn.

been very tempted to actually buy a few pulls at the gathca, but I understand how its almost impossible to pull what you want and actually have an unevolved neptune on my second account.

have continued to progress both on the normal levels and the tech dungeons on my main account - will probably *not* buy stones right now - perhaps I'll throw gungho a few dollars at the release of 5.0 if a ton of new mobs are added.

I've easily played 50+ hours and gungho definitely deserves my support at this point as this is the first ios game that has pulled this much time - can only imagine if I could play this at work...

AFAIK Neptune is gasha only.

It sucks :) I've spent soooo much money and he never dropped. At this point all I *really* want is Neptune and Viper Orochi, so the next time it's blue I might try it again, but otherwise it's not worth it.

When 5.0 comes out is there going to be some kind of rare pull event where you can only get new monsters (as in newly added in the update)?

I just got an iPhone and started playing. I got a Loki, is this any good?
Loki is currently the best of the Norse gods, which on our current version doesn't really mean much, but once 5.0 and 5.1 hit he'll become one of the best. Keep him.

When 5.0 comes out is there going to be some kind of rare pull event where you can only get new monsters (as in newly added in the update)?

Not entirely new monsters, but the new stuff will probably have a boosted rate. KR's Godfest right now is the Egyptian/Greek gods.

Edit: Also, you can stop skilling up a second orb change monster one level before max. You can't use that skill twice in one turn.
Sure. But that's assuming you'll only be using those skills once per dungeon run. If you've maxed-out your first monster's skill down to a 5-turn cool-down, you'll likely have times where you activate its skill twice or more in the same run. If you only raise your second monster's skill to a 6-turn cool-down, you're only decreasing the frequency with which its skill is available to use.

For example, turn 5 comes up and you pop your first ADK's orb change skill. Now he's back to 5 cool-down. Turn 6 comes up and your second ADK(skill cool-down only improved to 6) activates and you pop that. Now the first ADK's cool-down is at 4, while the second ADK's is back to 6. Now you have a 1 turn gap between your two ADKs' cool-downs. A third cycle will increase that gap to 2 turns, and so on, until the first ADK completely laps the second.

Another popular example that people actually use are triple Echidnas. The constant time-stop loop requires all 3 Echidnas to have the same skill cool-down.

Now, this won't matter all the time, but my point is that maxing-out a skill is never detrimental, and purposely staggering skill levels is not better than max skills in any way. It's a wash at best, and can mean defeat at worst.

Caerith

Sure. But that's assuming you'll only be using those skills once per dungeon run. If you've maxed-out your first monster's skill down to a 5-turn cool-down, you'll likely have times where you activate its skill twice or more in the same run. If you only raise your second monster's skill to a 6-turn cool-down, you're only decreasing the frequency with which its skill is available to use.

For example, turn 5 comes up and you pop your first ADK's orb change skill. Now he's back to 5 cool-down. Turn 6 comes up and your second ADK(skill cool-down only improved to 6) activates and you pop that. Now the first ADK's cool-down is at 4, while the second ADK's is back to 6. Now you have a 1 turn gap between your two ADKs' cool-downs. A third cycle will increase that gap to 2 turns, and so on, until the first ADK completely laps the second.

Another popular example that people actually use are triple Echidnas. The constant time-stop loop requires all 3 Echidnas to have the same skill cool-down.

Now, this won't matter all the time, but my point is that maxing-out a skill is never detrimental, and purposely staggering skill levels is not better than max skills in any way. It's a wash at best, and can mean defeat at worst.
Well said, and completely true.

ccbfan

One of my dreams is to get 3 max skilled Echiladas. No gacha drops needed and with the new naga dungeon coming, it'll be like maxing ADKs.

It'll basically make an invincible team as long as you can survive a hit.

For 1 counter bosses you would need do use all 3. It would turn any 1 counter enemy into a 4 counter enemy. With 3 Enchiladas and 4 turns to heal. It'll be pretty easy to completely heal up. The biggest issue is offense so I'd like to pair it up with a Hera or a Opposite Nuker. Both leaders will be some sort of defensive component. Will take a very long time but I should be able to complete every dungeon except ones with enemies that seal all fire monsters.

For 2+ counter bosses you would need do use only 2.

razterik

You are absolutely correct, with respect to Echidnas and other similar skilled monsters.

But I meant orb changers specifically. I don't disagree with your math. However, in my own practical experience, I can't really think of any time when I didn't sit on a duplicate charged orb changer for at least one turn. You just aren't going to pop them every time they are available. So that one turn difference means little, in my opinion. If you have a more specific example that points to an error in my thinking, please share.

I would not recommend against max skilling both, but I have seen a lot of posts about people struggling with that final level, and I seriously began to question the utility and cost effectiveness.

I beat Polar Night Tower's Leviathan boss specifically because I was sitting on 2 Valks with charged skills. That's a bit of a unique fringe case, but there have been other situations where I just keep the pain train rolling because I could charge up one orb change skill every four turns because I had multiples. There are also situations that call on having two max skilled Sirens because the ability to generate heart orbs on the fly is just too useful.

You are absolutely correct, with respect to Echidnas and other similar skilled monsters.

But I meant orb changers specifically. I don't disagree with your math. However, in my own practical experience, I can't really think of any time when I didn't sit on a duplicate charged orb changer for at least one turn. You just aren't going to pop them every time they are available. So that one turn difference means little, in my opinion. If you have a more specific example that points to an error in my thinking, please share.

I would not recommend against max skilling both, but I have seen a lot of posts about people struggling with that final level, and I seriously began to question the utility and cost effectiveness.
Well, the time/cost effectiveness is a valid argument I guess, but you're advice made it sound as if there was no benefit to max-skilling 2 orb changers because you "can't use them in the same turn." I was illustrating how that logic fails once those skills cycle back around.

As for my first example, I used that because that is exactly my personal situation on a regular basis. I run a team with 3 ADKs(including helper) and 2 CDKs, 98% of the time. I'm rank 188 and have beaten all normal and technical dungeons currently available. I have extensive play experience with this team. The high tier dungeons are very difficult, even for a max level ADK team. Some people see triple ADKs as overkill, but in these tough dungeons I've often had to make full use of every one of my orb changers. Sometimes I'll activate each of my max-skilled ADKs 3 times in a single run. I've had many occasions where that 1 extra activation was the difference between victory and defeat. Sometimes I had it and sometimes I didn't. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

If a person needs to weigh the cost/time worth vs other goals within the game, that's one thing. But no one should be misled into thinking that an extra skill cool down is not beneficial just because you already have 1 max skill monster.

Caerith

I went into my last mask dungeon without a lot of free inventory space, but the dungeon was kind to me and made sure not to put me over the limit. Stupid kind dungeon, not giving me any drops.

razterik

I beat Polar Night Tower's Leviathan boss specifically because I was sitting on 2 Valks with charged skills. That's a bit of a unique fringe case, but there have been other situations where I just keep the pain train rolling because I could charge up one orb change skill every four turns because I had multiples. There are also situations that call on having two max skilled Sirens because the ability to generate heart orbs on the fly is just too useful.

But you didn't use both Valks in the same turn, right? Did you power through and never stop to charge skills for one turn? And your Siren comment is actually the exact sort of thing that made me start wondering about this. Over 30 turns or so, with a max and max-1 skilled Siren, you'd lose 1 activation out of a potential 12, if you used it every time it was available. And how many of those activations are even possible or ideal? No red orbs, or not enough to justify, or simply still having leftover orbs from the last time?

GC, you are right that I should have more carefully worded my advice as an opinion. I'll consider that more in the future. And I agree it is better to have it than not, but I still believe that the situation where it is absolutely necessary is, at best, a rarity.

Either way, as someone whose second ADK didn't quite reach max skill, I'll get to explore this soon. Although I have started to transition away from that team...

OTIX

The main reason for needing two Sirens is for the Hera dungeon. Two of the best strategies require that you manually heal every single turn. In this case having one Siren on a longer cooldown could easily be fatal.

For those who farm Ocean of Heaven, how many Mermaids have you gotten, on average? I've done the Blue Skydragon Master dungeon about ten times now, and not a single Mermaid has dropped. I can't keep justifying the stamina hit, so I need an alternative.

The drop rate in the skydragon dungeon is much much better than OoH. The stamina is harsh but just keep at it, you still have plenty of time and maybe there will be 2x drop at some point.

MicH

My water team is complete!!

gON0fRml.jpg

All I need is to keep leveling them up a bit. Evolved Orochi just now! If I use a friend Lakshmi leader like my own, I'll have in total:
19,440 HP
11,950 ATK
4,844 RCV

And this is with the current levels... DAMN :D

Caerith

gON0fRml.jpg

All I need is to keep leveling them up a bit. Evolved Orochi just now! If I use a friend Lakshmi leader like my own, I'll have in total:
19,440 HP
11,950 ATK
4,844 RCV

Congrats. I'm hoping my green team isn't too far behind you.

TimeKillr

gON0fRml.jpg

19,440 HP
11,950 ATK
4,844 RCV

If you want my evolved Lakshmi up, send me an in-game mail or lemme know here. I check GAF pretty regularly so I can do it quickly.

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/7/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 09:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 08:00 13:00 18:00

When do light/dark pengdras show up? 5.0?
All the data is supposedly in the game for 5.0, but it hasn't shown up yet. Maybe 5.1.
But you didn't use both Valks in the same turn, right? Did you power through and never stop to charge skills for one turn?
Of course I didn't use them both in the same turn, but when the Leviathan boss in Polar Knight Tower kills me in one hit I don't have the luxury to wait around and recharge the skill.

ToxicAdam

I should get my new Ipad today, so please don't delete me off your friends list since I haven't been able to log in for 3 days.

J0dy77

I've been having a very interesting morning. Finally got around to evolving my ADK. No clue why I waited this long when the bulk of my box is dragons. Was testing out the 2x ADK team with the dragon plant dungeon then forgot to switch in my Siren for Sky Ocean Expert. Thought 25 stamina gone... nope. Wow this team hits like a truck and everything I have is so under leveled.

Here's all it took to finish expert:

cEKb2eVl.png

I am now kicking myself for not trying to max skill him and level my other ADK while the green dungeon was up. Needless to say, I'll be throwing a lot of levels at him this week.

TimeKillr

I've been having a very interesting morning. Finally got around to evolving my ADK. No clue why I waited this long when the bulk of my box is dragons. Was testing out the 2x ADK team with the dragon plant dungeon then forgot to switch in my Siren for Sky Ocean Expert. Thought 25 stamina gone... nope. Wow this team hits like a truck and everything I have is so under leveled.

Here's all it took to finish expert:

cEKb2eVl.png

I am now kicking myself for not trying to max skill him and level my other ADK while the green dungeon was up. Needless to say, I'll be throwing a lot of levels at him this week.

Even then with that, it's even better if you replace your volcano dragon with a CDK (for the orb switches!!!)

It's insanely killer.

suko_32

I went into the water skydragon master dungeon with a mostly light team thinking I was going into a dark skydragon dungeon. This is going to take a while.

Why.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom