• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Switched out the blue ripper for the black mech dragon. I do have a 2nd ADK - would that be a better choice than the green ripper?

I was going to ask if you had mechs after seeing your last post. Mech Dragons over take rippers in performance around level 32.

I'd also suggest using what fits the dungeon obviously. The green ripper is giving half damage where a blue mech would give double in red sky.

I missed out on the red and green mechs, wish I had them now.

Zero. My Isis team with Echidna still took a retry to not fuck up.

I'm just bad. :(

The thing with 2x Isis is that it only gets an approximate 9x attack boost because you're forced to spread out your elements, whereas with a Valk team I get 12.5x due to Light element. Plus I literally have four Light orb changers in my party.

Does Hades start off on 6 turns always? I'm thinking if I could faceroll Leviathan before it attacked I could do the same with Hades if his HP was low enough.

I was going to ask if you had mechs after seeing your last post. Mech Dragons over take rippers in performance around level 32.

I'd also suggest using what fits the dungeon obviously. The green ripper is giving half damage where a blue mech would give double in red sky.

I missed out on the red and green mechs, wish I had them now.

I missed them too except the dark one obviously. All we have to get through is the skydragons. And then probably legendaries. Then maybe we get the mechs back? :)

I tried using the adk team in the red skydragon dungeon because I was tired of spending a little while going through it with a flare drall/gigas/siegfried/neptune/blue ripper team. But I am also at the point where adkX2 plus 4 rippers is starting to not work anymore so I am hoping to get a little more life out of the concept. Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Emalde

The thing with 2x Isis is that it only gets an approximate 9x attack boost because you're forced to spread out your elements, whereas with a Valk team I get 12.5x due to Light element. Plus I literally have four Light orb changers in my party.

Does Hades start off on 6 turns always? I'm thinking if I could faceroll Leviathan before it attacked I could do the same with Hades if his HP was low enough.

It was 6 turns both times I made my run, not sure if it always is but it seems that way.

atlantos

Neo Member
2x ADK literally the entire time, and I'm 3 dungeons from the final one.

If your ADK team isn't strong enough for Tomb of the Saint - Expert, then Healer / Odin is a pretty easy one that anyone can put together (assuming you have a Siren), or a Resolve team as a last option

I am currently raising one of my two mermaids... I thought I will skill up to the max before getting it evolve to save some coins... is this a bad tactics? One of them is stuck on Sill Level 4 at the moment. I also have a Odin which I am hoping to evolve by the weekend. The thing about Hades is that, you can only survive the hit if I got Odin + 50% Resist. I hate having to manual heal... But I haven't tried with my ADK team yet... I will give it a try this weekend.

I used a green/dark ADK team for almost everything. It can handle Hades if you have decent combo skills, safer with an Echidna. Though dark resist + Odin or healer + Odin might be safer for that specific dungeon.

Is it better to have green/dark ADK team or all green ADK team? I am trying to decide if I need to raise the levels of my secondteir green dragons...

I am currently raising one of my two mermaids... I thought I will skill up to the max before getting it evolve to save some coins... is this a bad tactics? One of them is stuck on Sill Level 4 at the moment. I also have a Odin which I am hoping to evolve by the weekend. The thing about Hades is that, you can only survive the hit if I got Odin + 50% Resist. I hate having to manual heal... But I haven't tried with my ADK team yet... I will give it a try this weekend.

Is it better to have green/dark ADK team or all green ADK team? I am trying to decide if I need to raise the levels of my secondteir green dragons...

It's possible to survive even with just one Odin and no second resist. You just need to have more than about 13k HP. 2 Rainbow Keepers, for example, can get you up there.

OTIX

For those who haven't seen, here is a description of the Egyptian gods coming in 5.0. Very neat stuff.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/archive/index.php/thread-2927.html

Green/dark is generally better since you can use all gems except blue, also dark isn't weak against anything. You really want at least one Chaos Knight for the orb change however.

What are the chances I could actually make it through ToSE Hades with the following team?
Gvalk
Valk
Moogle & Carbuncle (it's a Light/Light healer)
4* Echidna
4* Verche
Gvalk friend
Depending on how strong your monsters are, that team could definitely beat Hades. He has 374,400 HP and 1000 defense. Most of your monsters are strong against Dark, and Echidna gives you 9 turns before he attacks. Should definitely be doable.

What are the chances I could actually make it through ToSE Hades with the following team?
Gvalk
Valk
Moogle & Carbuncle (it's a Light/Light healer)
4* Echidna
4* Verche
Gvalk friend

I beat Hades with a great valk-orochi team. It wasn't too bad, as long as i was able to get rid of same timers on the early floors. Pop echidna for the basilisks and you're home free.

ccbfan

Whats with all these hard to get and overly complicated Hades teams?

Here one thats easy and are all dropable enemies.

CDD
Siren
Light Mech
Lightning Holy
Enchilada

Odin Helper

Charge floor 1

0 trouble the entire stage.

or are you guys just asking if it possible to beats Hades with an all offensive team?

atlantos

Neo Member
Whats with all these hard to get and overly complicated Hades teams?

Here one thats easy and are all dropable enemies.

CDD
Siren
Light Mech
Lightning Holy
Enchilada

Odin Helper

Charge floor 1

0 trouble the entire stage.

or are you guys just asking if it possible to beats Hades with an all offensive team?

ha ha... that's great and all but your team is also quite rare... I didn't get Light Mech last time.... god knows I tried. Also, Light Mech cost a lot to put into a team... For lower rank person, they may not be able to slot it in. And I am in the process of raising a siren... I just want to get past hades as early as I can with the monsters I got.

razterik

I am currently raising one of my two mermaids... I thought I will skill up to the max before getting it evolve to save some coins... is this a bad tactics? One of them is stuck on Sill Level 4 at the moment. I also have a Odin which I am hoping to evolve by the weekend.

I would say you are wasting the experience from the food if you don't evolve the mermaids. You have a lot of levels left before they will get to max again, and any little bit will help there. You would probably save some gold in the long run by not evolving, but that gold will be far easier to come by than the feed experience you are losing.

Watch out evolving Odin, btw. His team cost jumps to 45 (up by 20).

atlantos

Neo Member
I would say you are wasting the experience from the food if you don't evolve the mermaids. You have a lot of levels left before they will get to max again, and any little bit will help there. You would probably save some gold in the long run by not evolving, but that gold will be far easier to come by than the feed experience you are losing.

Watch out evolving Odin, btw. His team cost jumps to 45 (up by 20).

Actually, my siren (second level) is about level 20 at the moment... I am feeding water goblins one at a time to skill up... I suppose I can still do that after I evolve her... I got all materials to evolve her but not enough to feed her to reach L70... need more pendras...

I am currently pondering which one to raise first, Odin or Dark Knight. I only have one mystic mask. Odin cost does go up by a lot but I thought evolved Odin is more useful than CDN.. may be I am wrong.. any tip?

Caerith

Actually, my siren (second level) is about level 20 at the moment... I am feeding water goblins one at a time to skill up... I suppose I can still do that after I evolve her... I got all materials to evolve her but not enough to feed her to reach L70... need more pendras...

I am currently pondering which one to raise first, Odin or Dark Knight. I only have one mystic mask. Odin cost does go up by a lot but I thought evolved Odin is more useful than CDN.. may be I am wrong.. any tip?
Odin's skills don't change when he evolves, just his team cost and his stats.

Wow, after a week of running red skydragon experts to catch a mystic flame knight, on my first run of blue, the mystic ice drops. And i already have one....

BlueSteel

Finally, El Dorado finally drops on my 2nd run on Master! I had been running expert for the entire duration and finally decided that enough was enough. Bahaha what a great day

atlantos

Neo Member
Finally, El Dorado finally drops on my 2nd run on Master! I had been running expert for the entire duration and finally decided that enough was enough. Bahaha what a great day

ha ha... congrats... now you have another useless monster in your box... unless you have enough to raise it by 4M experience. I got both Blue and Red Sky Dragon and they are on the back burner at the moment.

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/8/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
B: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

harrytang

I have one Fafnir Green/Dark. I have one more ready for a busty evo. Should I go Green/Light or Green/Blue? Was leaning towards light simply because it effects all green red and blue orbs similarly to dark. If I go blue it would loose potency against any red enemies. Any ideas appreciated.

If I'm reading it right the Tower of Fuju special dungeon only allows green team, but doesn't drop green orbs. a dual color seems essential for all pets. trying to plan ahead.

pic for refrence: http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/img/130301_41g77mxsqm.jpg

Man Tech dungeons are super frustrating sometimes. Level 1 : for 5 consecutive turns 'fire types can't move'. I had a 8 turn freeze on all fire types. Why don't Tech dungeons have to charge skills like we do?

J0dy77

Got my blue knight to drop. Only need the dark one now.

I'm in the same boat. Just need an opportunity to get a dark. I've seen about 5 mystic blues thus far with A LOT of Ocean Expert runs but no drops. Hoping Dark won't be that bad.

For those who haven't seen, here is a description of the Egyptian gods coming in 5.0. Very neat stuff.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/archive/index.php/thread-2927.html

Green/dark is generally better since you can use all gems except blue, also dark isn't weak against anything. You really want at least one Chaos Knight for the orb change however.

Man that's awesome. Really nice to see some fresh strategies evolve from those leaders. Some of these guys would work great in ADK teams and a Valk team with Echidna and Lilith. Now I just need to get some luck with the Gacha and an actually useful monster coming out.

MicH

The weekly dungeons SUCK without 2x drop :( I got two drops in the Friday dungeon, with only one Dublit. Yesterday was awful, too. God damn it :(

ParityBit

My ammy is only level 48 and +7. I guess i will feed pendrags as much as i can. I will never have the + though. I don't get many of those.

TimeKillr

So I did some math...

I currently have 47 dragon plants.

I need 26 evolved green pengdras to evolve one of my Parvatis and my Susano today. I have 23.

The green jewel dragon dungeon is in 3 hours! This'll be crazy...

Kosh

I went into Sky Dragon of Water Expert with this team, completely forgetting that there are no RCV orbs... I pulled it out of my ass somehow.

lQltotyl.jpg

^ wow. nice!

So I did some math...

I currently have 47 dragon plants.

I need 26 evolved green pengdras to evolve one of my Parvatis and my Susano today. I have 23.

The green jewel dragon dungeon is in 3 hours! This'll be crazy...

Parvati is the first god I've had to evolve (pulled Shiva already evolved, whew) and that 4mil xp curve is BRUTAL. I'm just trying to evolve for that leader skill, can't see myself maxing out an of the gods.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Xelios, you removed me as friends! Bah
You all done now?

I think the plan was to slowly remove. I got axed too, guess we need to find someone else with an epic Ammy to abuse :D

I got axed too :(

Yes, I've officially stopped playing as of last night. Didn't spend anything at all in the past few weeks and have 9 stones sitting on my account from the anniversary gifts, so just wanted to witness that I had any willpower at all and leave satisfied. =p I learned my lesson about getting addicted to games geared for hooking "whales", due to the nature of my personality. It's about working on a psychological matter, not about the cost.

I removed everyone last night so I wouldn't be tempted/feel obligated/people wouldn't get annoyed at my inactivity. Thanks for the great sense of community and for all the fun and help. I'll still watch you guys from afar and look forward to seeing your journeys in 5.0. Best of luck to you all. :)

TimeKillr

Parvati is the first god I've had to evolve (pulled Shiva already evolved, whew) and that 4mil xp curve is BRUTAL. I'm just trying to evolve for that leader skill, can't see myself maxing out an of the gods.

Yeah, I don't see myself maxing my Parvatis. I just want 2 evolved ones (one for the leader skill, the other as a team member!) so I can have a good green team (I'll prolly add an ADK and make a wood mech also). It's just a crazy chore :) I'll have to hunt for evolved Parvati friends, though...

Yes, I've officially stopped playing as of last night. Didn't spend anything at all in the past few weeks and have 9 stones sitting on my account from the anniversary gifts, so just wanted to witness that I had any willpower at all and leave satisfied. =p I learned my lesson about getting addicted to games geared for hooking "whales", due to the nature of my personality. It's about working on a psychological matter, not about the cost.

I removed everyone last night so I wouldn't be tempted/feel obligated/people wouldn't get annoyed at my inactivity. Thanks for the great sense of community and for all the fun and help. I'll still watch you guys from afar and look forward to seeing your journeys in 5.0. Best of luck to you all. :)

Thank you again for your work :) Seriously, without your monsters, there's no way most of us would have gotten where we have, so really, thank you.

brofist

Best of luck. Loved the community here and you were a big part of that. Wish you could've stuck around, but personal trumps games 100% of the time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Kudos to you for dropping it before it got the better of you - takes a lot to do that! :)

J0dy77

Thanks again for all of your help. Most of us wouldn't be at our current level and may have faded from the game had it not been for your assistance and experience. I hope you find your back one day when you can balance it as a part time game and not an all in job. You'll be missed.

I max skilled my Gigas last night with samurai goblins from the red skydragon dungeon. I think I spread my focus a little too much and now some of my monsters are not high enough in level to progress easily. I did not get to stock up on plants yesterday - I only have 7 left right now. Hmmm, think I may just have to keep running the skydragons for xp or something.

Yaari

I've made some room on my friendlist, my Ohkami isnt anything spectacular compared to the one Xelios has but it should be sufficient enough to help people out.

He is level 86 with +21 bonus. I got 23 spots free, made plenty of room.

Jagernaut

I finally have over 50 stamina and can attempt master dungeons. What kind of team do I need for the water and fire sky dragons on master? I have blue, red, green and dark rippers and will have my ADK soon.

ParityBit

I removed everyone last night so I wouldn't be tempted/feel obligated/people wouldn't get
annoyed at my inactivity. Thanks for the great sense of community and for all the fun and help. I'll still watch you guys from afar and look forward to seeing your journeys in 5.0. Best of luck to you all. :)

Thanks for your help! See you in P&D2!!

ToxicAdam

I finally have over 50 stamina and can attempt master dungeons. What kind of team do I need for the water and fire sky dragons on master? I have blue, red, green and dark rippers and will have my ADK soon.

High level Autohealer + 50% Damage Mitigator should help you swing it.

Orb switchers can be a big help in the earlier rounds. Those Knights/Devils can be brutal if they are on the same timers and you don't have orbs to knock em out.

Holy shit I just lucked the fuck out and got a Great on feeding four evolved Pengdras thank you based PAD gods

Edit: Jesus Christ what the fuck pad another great on a Pengdra feeding to max out another monster

Thanks for all your help xelios, this thread wouldn't be the way it is without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom