• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do the ninjas come from? My lack of Chu Chu for my green team has me looking at Sarutobi as an option.
They're all Gacha only for now.

The generic looking ninjas dudes drop from the Goemon dungeon much like the mystic knights do from Hera's but I'm not sure about that.

Just a little follow up on my teams. Here is my revised ADK team:
3e44b4997d97d5bacf0a8e6b329f9b0d.png

And here is what I think I would use for a Parvati team:
e6c8b5219d502d8b73bced1d0343e020.png

I do not have much saved up to feed these guys. I have 5 or 6 evolved green pendgras ready to go (with 1 more red and 1 more blue) as well as 5 maxed pendgras I just need to get some emerald dragons for later this afternoon.

Are there any obvious changes I should make? Does Ceres replace anyone on the Parvati team? What should I focus on leveling and how much?

What are the 10 most sought after Gacha pulls in 5.0?
The list of first pulls changes somewhat due to the 5.0 monsters. Emalde wrote up a gigantic wall of text detailing the new tier list but I'm just going to paraphrase him

Emalde" post="413246061 said:
Top Tier: Isis, Horus, Bastet, Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Apollo, Persephone, Viper Orochi, Shiva, Lakshmi, Parvati, Freyr, Freyja, Idunn & Idunna, Loki, Odin [Green Odin]

Okay Tier: Hades, Neptune, Ceres, Venus, Yomi, Amaterasu, Vritra, Thor, Valkyrie

Sick of Rerolling: Minerva, Indra, Odin the War Deity [Blue Odin], Siegfried the Blue Champion, Cu Chulainn the Green Spear, Ancient Dragon Knight
Most notably, the Norse gods are now a very good start because when paired with a Greek god they grant 2x HP, 4x ATK, 2x RCV. I suspect once 5.1 hits that they'll become become more valuable due to them gaining dual typing.

The list of first pulls changes somewhat due to the 5.0 monsters. Emalde wrote up a gigantic wall of text detailing the new tier list but I'm just going to paraphrase him

Most notably, the Norse gods are now a very good start because when paired with a Greek god they grant 2x HP, 4x ATK, 2x RCV. I suspect once 5.1 hits that they'll become become more valuable due to them gaining dual typing.

Does any of this change if, for example, we consider all monsters, and not just starting monsters? I have like 85% of the gacha for our current version, so are there any monsters that aren't on your list that are top tier for me but maybe not for starters?

Caerith

I would figure Hades and Neptune to be higher tier. Why would Ceres be ranked above Minerva, though? Both are resists and busty into dual resists, but Ceres gets a full heal as her active skill (which is what Alraune and Archangel are often criticized for) whereas Minerva gets a damage skill.

Slottm

Neo Member
Hades and neptune are niche monsters useful only in certain situations - ceres has very optimized stats for a green team. Archangel is criticized for her skill since sirens skill is better and fills the same purpose. Archangel's stats are very low compared to ceres.

Hades and neptune are niche monsters useful only in certain situations - ceres has very optimized stats for a green team. Archangel is criticized for her skill since sirens skill is better and fills the same purpose. Archangel's stats are very low compared to ceres.

So what green team does she fit into exactly? Just a 2x Parvati team because of her high RCV? Wouldn't Parvati, ADK, ADK, Highlander, Wind Mech/Skydragon, Parvati be better?

Caerith

True, except for RCV. Ceres is kinda low on that until the very end. Well, low compared to Alraune/Archangel.

So, for the basis of a green team, Parvati/ADK/GED/Ceres is a decent foundation? 'Cause that's what I have so far (give or take a few evolutions).

Caerith

Do you guys think it's likely that there will be another godfest with the release of the patch?
If so, hopefully not until I've had time to get more stones.

Do the tech dungeons get any harder as they progress? Any Leviathan-type BS waiting for me?

OTIX

Do the tech dungeons get any harder as they progress? Any Leviathan-type BS waiting for me?
They seemed very easy until I got wrecked by the chimera bosses on the third stage of CoSitA, my team really wasn't set up for that fight though.

Does any of this change if, for example, we consider all monsters, and not just starting monsters? I have like 85% of the gacha for our current version, so are there any monsters that aren't on your list that are top tier for me but maybe not for starters?
It really depends on the teams you've already assembled. That list is biased towards monsters you can build a team around late game. Bastet ain't gonna do shit for you if you have an ADK team but will easily sub into a Parvaty or as a new leader paired with another Bastet. As previously mentioned the Sengoku work as fantastic subs in a monocolor party because of their orb change ability.

You know best what your party lacks, so maybe I should have just posted the skills of the new monsters lol

It really depends on the teams you've already assembled. That list is biased towards monsters you can build a team around late game. Bastet ain't gonna do shit for you if you have an ADK team but will easily sub into a Parvaty or as a new leader paired with another Bastet. As previously mentioned the Sengoku work as fantastic subs in a monocolor party because of their orb change ability.

You know best what your party lacks, so maybe I should have just posted the skills of the new monsters lol

Please!

ccbfan

I'm surprised Norse Gods are considered top tier in 5.0.

You would think Start dragons have the same leader skills and taking 2.5 millsion less exp to max would greatly decrease its value.

Radav

Ah wow! Mind is blown! 5.0 on Monday. I wonder what the update will entail for us exactly. Most specifically I'm wondering about the crossover stuff with Crystal Defenders. I love me some FF. lol Going to have to drop some cash and get ready to make some pulls. Very exciting!

I don't remember all of them but...

Egyptian Gods
Horus
zFGf08M.png

Widely considered the best of the Egyptian gods due to the balance between damage and ease of activation of his leader ability.
Active: Causes all fire orbs on your board to blind you. For every one of those fire orbs beyond the first you involve in a combo, add 10% to the damage of the overall attack. So a 3-match would add 1.2x, and a 5-match would add 1.4x.
Leader: If you match four sets of orbs of different colors (your party must have a monster that will deal damage of that element), get 4.0x damage to the overall combo.

Isis
mwZ6sMo.png

May actually be a better god than Horus because of her more lenient leader skill activation, plus you can use her in tricolor dungeons unlike Horus.
Active: Quick Heal, sucks until you get her to a high level
Leader: Match three sets of orbs of different colors (same caveat as Horus) to do 3.0x damage.

Bastet
eFvMBzz.png

Is a cat.
Active: For three (or five I forgot) turns, all attacks do AOE damage regardless of how many orbs you match
Leader: 2.5x damage for getting a 4+ combo.

Ra
WpNoIRe.png

Not desirable to roll in general, but forms the basis of hilarious 36x parties
Active: fuck if I know
Leader: 6x damage for matching 5 different colors. Same deal as with Horus and Isis.

Anubis
Jhc2Xnm.png

Hardest to activate but highest damage multiplier. Pretty terrible.
Active: some kind of grudge strike variant idk?
Leader: 10x damage for landing a 10+ combo

Sengoku Ninjas
go look here for pics
Active: orb change to their respective color
Leader: 1.5 ATK and RCV to their respective types (healer, physical, etc)

Greek Gods
Apollo, Persephone
Basically the missing monsters of the Indian Gods, granting 1.5x HP/ATK/RCV to their color after evolution.

Ares, Hermes, Artemis
Grants 2x ATK/RCV to their color after evolution.

All greek gods have a double orb change for an active skill, which changes healing orbs and orbs of their weak color to their color.

can't wait for 5.0

Also, really didn't think i had to look up the elements for 'Twilight Woods' dungeon. Wood/Dark right? Bring fire team, do work. Nope....Dark/Water. what in the hell Gungho?

Dawg

So, I noticed you guys have multiple teams (is there an option to unlock this?). Around what level are multiple teams required? (ADK for example)

I'm rank 24 atm and with the help of some guys here, I got a team with a leader Siren (lvl 1), Pterados (lvl 1), Dragon Knight (lvl 21), Tyrannos (24) and Black Knight (lvl 11, but want to get rid of it asap, it's my weakest monster).

Just wondering, do you farm older dungeons from a specific type to level up your water, grass, lightmonsters etc? I have a couple of nice xp dragons but they're either dark or fire and I'm guessing I shouldn't wait for the dragon events just to farm xp (even though one king gives almost 100k xp with he same type).

Sorry if I'm bothering you guys with "newb" questions btw. A lot of "pro" people seem to link multiple teams, talk about what monsters should be where and what team you need for dungeon x and I feel like such a noob in comparison :p

Also, can't wait for 5.0!

J0dy77

So, I noticed you guys have multiple teams (is there an option to unlock this?). Around what level are multiple teams required? (ADK for example)

I'm rank 24 atm and with the help of some guys here, I got a team with a leader Siren (lvl 1), Pterados (lvl 1), Dragon Knight (lvl 21), Tyrannos (24) and Black Knight (lvl 11, but want to get rid of it asap, it's my weakest monster).

Just wondering, do you farm older dungeons from a specific type to level up your water, grass, lightmonsters etc? I have a couple of nice xp dragons but they're either dark or fire and I'm guessing I shouldn't wait for the dragon events just to farm xp (even though one king gives almost 100k xp with he same type).

Sorry if I'm bothering you guys with "newb" questions btw. A lot of "pro" people seem to link multiple teams, talk about what monsters should be where and what team you need for dungeon x and I feel like such a noob in comparison :p

Also, can't wait for 5.0!

No problem at all, we were all where you are at some point and others answered our noob questions to help us out.

For leveling up you want to hit the Metal dungeons. They've been altering lately between dark metal and tri color every other day. You'll also want to farm Pendragas from the technical dungeons. Tech dungeons open up after you defeat castle of Satan and once evolved they give 30k base experience. It's the most efficient way to level a red/blue/green mob. You'll also want to farm the Thursday dungeon for obtaining dragon plants to evolve the Pengdras.

If you haven't cleared Satan yet, just keep feeding like color mobs. It never hurts to go back to an older dungeon and farm some mobs like you mentioned. Try and do it for the daily 1.5x drop events (the 1.5x drop dungeons also have a higher chance of + monster drops). I'd also focus on box space in the early going. Having an extra 25 box spots is worth it over one possible crappy pull from the Gacha in my eyes.

Anyone have a list of all monsters that get new evolutions (regular or ultimate?) so far i know of:

Starter dragons (ultimate)
Vamp lord (regular)
Great valkyrie (regular)
Mystic knights (ultimate)
Gigas (regular)
Highlander (regular)
Berserk (regular)

Anything else? Do any of the skills / active skills change as a result of these evolutions?

Slottm

Neo Member
To Cosmo Clock - the greek gods offer 2x HP/ATK (not atk/rcv, which is what norse gods offer)

CPP - mystic knights will not have an ultimate evolution in this patch. Devils get their next form, the heart>color set (valk bers gigas highlander vamp) get theirs, starter dragons, the first set of legendary dragons (ie; helheim)
Self colored ultimate evolutions (2x dark hades etc)

Dawg

No problem at all, we were all where you are at some point and others answered our noob questions to help us out.

For leveling up you want to hit the Metal dungeons. They've been altering lately between dark metal and tri color every other day. You'll also want to farm Pendragas from the technical dungeons. Tech dungeons open up after you defeat castle of Satan and once evolved they give 30k base experience. It's the most efficient way to level a red/blue/green mob. You'll also want to farm the Thursday dungeon for obtaining dragon plants to evolve the Pengdras.

If you haven't cleared Satan yet, just keep feeding like color mobs. It never hurts to go back to an older dungeon and farm some mobs like you mentioned. Try and do it for the daily 1.5x drop events (the 1.5x drop dungeons also have a higher chance of + monster drops). I'd also focus on box space in the early going. Having an extra 25 box spots is worth it over one possible crappy pull from the Gacha in my eyes.

So would you give a King Metal Dragon to my Dragon Knight (21)? It's not like I can use it at the moment anyway, I don't have any decent dark monster so the extra dark monster xp is useless.

And yeah, I spent a few stones on storage. Got 40 slots atm. Dungeon wise not at Satan yet, just completed the fire dungeon after Tower of Giants.

Uthred

Actually took a break for a week or so as I was feeling a bit bored. But 5.0 is dropping monday? Might be time to get back into it and spend a bit of cash, really like the look of those egyptian gods

xCobalt

Anyone have a list of all monsters that get new evolutions (regular or ultimate?) so far i know of:

Vamp lord (regular)
Great valkyrie (regular)
Gigas (regular)
Highlander (regular)
Berserk (regular)

Anything else? Do any of the skills / active skills change as a result of these evolutions?

I don't think Mystic Knights got an ultimate evolution. Haven't seen anything about it. The first tiers of dragons also get ultimate evolutions. I'll be able to get this guy soon.

Gonna start gathering materials for my vampire lord too.

Really looking forward to 5.0. Lots of great new monsters and MULTIPLE TEAMS!

Vamp lord (regular)
Great valkyrie (regular)
Gigas (regular)
Highlander (regular)
Berserk (regular)

To Cosmo Clock - the greek gods offer 2x HP/ATK (not atk/rcv, which is what norse gods offer)

CPP - mystic knights will not have an ultimate evolution in this patch. Devils get their next form, the heart>color set (valk bers gigas highlander vamp) get theirs, starter dragons, the first set of legendary dragons (ie; helheim)
Self colored ultimate evolutions (2x dark hades etc)
In addition(most likely still incomplete list):

Vritra's active changes from maximum 50K damage to 100K damage at 1 HP
Blue Odin's active changes from 20x ATK Light damage to 50x ATK Dark damage
Ultimate Ogres get a 30K damage active skill
Demons' max active skill goes from 15 to 5.
Evolved starter Dragons' active skill changes from 10x ATK to 20x ATK(I'm sure I've seen similar buffs to other monsters' skills, but can't recall which ones)

Some dungeon changes:
New dungeons, of course. Later Technical dungeons actually have evolved Pengdra as rare drops
Rainbow Keeper dungeon battles 4 and 5 have been nerfed(battle 4 Light/Dark Keeper goes from over 800K HP to 200K HP and 12764 ATK to 3023 ATK. Rainbow Keeper loses about 100K HP and defense halved from 1550 to 775.
New monsters in some of the special dungeons, e.g., Cerberus, Griffin, etc.

And of course feature changes such as:
5 team setups
500 box max
150 friends max
10 Pal gacha pulls at a time

OTIX

Man, this blue dungeon has been damn good to me. Two mermaids, three ice knights, two skydragons and some lil blues (last one I needed), and I saved a plesio for the patch. Crazy.

Yaari

Anyone got specific plans for 5.0? Goemon team or Egyptian God etc.
I'm stacked with Pengdra but still unsure what I want.

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/9/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

Quantum

I should hit my 60th consecutive log in tomorrow - I think it gives 5 stones.

I might avoid the urge to buy more stones but the fates are conspiring against me as I just got a bit of money from out of the ether.

I love when that happens (as it almost never does)

I've kind of stalled so far on my main account - so difficult to decide where to focus my time

I'm smack in the middle of oceanus falls, and faithless temple with no name.

I have all rippers to there current highest evo (until mon) but all around level 30 except lil red.

one maxed skill, StE (one level 4)
echidna lvl 60
parvati lvl 30
dragon knight lvl 53
loki lvl 30
lilth witch of the night lvl 22
Thantos lvl 21
pierdawn lvl 30
vampire lord lvl 23
3 rainbow knights

(then other mobs which don't seem as important machine golem mk 2, all starters at second evo, light and dark mch, skydragon red and blue, second vampire and succ)

155 box spaces, rank 93.

general teams:

StE(L), 3 rippers, rainbow knight and odin(L)
StE(L), 3 rippers, rainbow knight and ADK
ripper (L), 2 rippers, rainbow knight and neptune(L)

have gotten through 3 master special dungeons but stall frequently in the regular dungeons (oceanus falls has been difficult lately)

I guess I'll keep working on my ancient knight to get him to ADK and try dual adk's as seems to be the flavor of the week.

I might work on pav as well, but I really don't have a great green team set up
I might also work on dark, as I have a few good darks mobs, although I might be far enough along where they aren't that helpful compared to a possible pav team.

><

Rekwest

I lost my save and i restarted over.I'm now level 46 but i hit a wall at Castle of Satan.
What is the best team with this "Monsters" to beat Castle of Satan?
2013-03-09064110_zps614eedb3.png

Colby

It took 12 runs, but I finally got a Mermaid on the Master Blue Skydragon dungeon! I fed it 14 Goblins and got 2 skill-ups, which I'm okay with. What's the best place to farm for Goblins when factoring in stamina/exp?

ToxicAdam

I still can't farm Ocean Falls, even though ive cleared the levels. had to walk away from a round where I had a mystic mask and a +1 drop.

feelsbad

J0dy77

It took 12 runs, but I finally got a Mermaid on the Master Blue Skydragon dungeon! I fed it 14 Goblins and got 2 skill-ups, which I'm okay with. What's the best place to farm for Goblins when factoring in stamina/exp?

It took me a lot more than 12 to get her drop but since I've gotten a few in a short time. My skill ups have been awful though, I've still got 3 to go on my second Enchantress and have fed at least 30 goblins so far.

I still can't farm Ocean Falls, even though ive cleared the levels. had to walk away from a round where I had a mystic mask and a +1 drop.

feelsbad

I forgot to tweak my ADK team this morning and Ocean Expert and wiped on the boss with him under a few thousand HP. Had 2 + drops on the run and a Mermaid. Stam/Exp loss hurt too. know the feeling.

So would you give a King Metal Dragon to my Dragon Knight (21)? It's not like I can use it at the moment anyway, I don't have any decent dark monster so the extra dark monster xp is useless.

And yeah, I spent a few stones on storage. Got 40 slots atm. Dungeon wise not at Satan yet, just completed the fire dungeon after Tower of Giants.

Yes, use the King Metal Dragon on your DK. That may be the monster you want to get evolved the quickest as ADK's leader skill will boost all dragons on your team. Pterados and Tyrannos are monsters you will probably want to replace before too long as well. Try to get Lil' xxx Dragons (xxx = red/blue/green/yellow/black) from the Pal Pull machine. An ADK team with 3 or 4 of those fully evolved will carry you through pretty far into the game.

Just a little follow up on my teams. Here is my revised ADK team:
3e44b4997d97d5bacf0a8e6b329f9b0d.png

And here is what I think I would use for a Parvati team:
e6c8b5219d502d8b73bced1d0343e020.png

I do not have much saved up to feed these guys. I have 5 or 6 evolved green pendgras ready to go (with 1 more red and 1 more blue) as well as 5 maxed pendgras I just need to get some emerald dragons for later this afternoon.

Are there any obvious changes I should make? Does Ceres replace anyone on the Parvati team? What should I focus on leveling and how much?

Bumping. I have 10 evolved green pendgras with 20 more ready to be evolved (need some dragons but more importantly plants). What should I feed them to?

Caerith

Bumping. I have 10 evolved green pendgras with 20 more ready to be evolved (need some dragons but more importantly plants). What should I feed them to?
You use ADK on both teams, so ubering that ADK benefits you more.

Edit: though you might get more from feeding Chu since he's only 9.

Colby

Whats required for the master waterdragon dungeon? Two damage reducers or damge reducer + healer?

One Reducer + one good/great healer. There's no RCV orbs, so Siren would help a lot. Bring three rippers to get through rounds 2-4 and 6-8. The Demons that attack every turn can wipe you out faster than you think. Echidna can help/is necessary if your healer can't heal 2200+ every turn (boss does 44xx every two turns).

And they put that dungeon on 2x drop after I spent all WEEK trying for a Mermaid...dammit.

Caerith

2x drop is a joke. Mystic Ice Knight is still a shyguy.

Edit: For auto heal, you need either Archangel, Alraune, or Siren with 700+ rcv, or Amaterasu Ohkami with 450+. The highest Siren on my friend list has 634, the highest Amaterasu has 250. My own Alraune is closest with 661 (healing for 1983/rnd). So for either master fire or master water I'd be losing 200-300 per turn, and would need either siren hearts or echidna delay to stay alive, maybe being forced to use Alraune's active heal too. I hope your friends have better healers than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom