• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

It's also ridiculously easy with a green focused ADK team and a Shiva to deal with Neptune.

Just save your nukes and 1 ADK active for round 9's carbuncles, and then pop shiva and the other ADK on Neptune. He has a ridiculous amount of defense, but Shiva deals with that and his HP is really low

EDIT: neptune's defense is too high to break through, you really need to cancel or poison him.

It is possible to break his defense, just hard to do with consistency.

Musan

Yeah, the hard part seems to be the carbuncles. I'll stick to guards of the underworld till I level up my dark golem/adks and I get to 100 stamina.

For some reason I haven't felt much desire to play this weekend. I got $200 worth of iTunes cards with the Staples discount, and now I'm wondering if I'll even use them on 5.0.

Maybe I just need a break, but I keep thinking, like, what exactly is my goal with 5.0? I get that they're adding a lot of new monsters and everything, but I feel like it's time for new content. Are new monsters enough to keep people going forever? What really is the point of new monsters when the current set of monsters can beat pretty much anything out there?

GC - after seeing you and several other people talk about farming neptune for +1s, I decided to give it a go. With an ADK team, the only real threat is breaking neptune's armor. I decided to take a Dark Golem (lvl 14, 3*) in, which provides -75% armor for 5 turns. Well...hello farm mode enabled with 0 risk :p
Dang! That's genius! Wish I thought of that before I cannibalized my Light and Dark Golems. I take an Echidna along now, and she gives me plenty of time to set the board up for an armor-breaking combo every time. But it's not as brainlessly easy as using a Shiva or Golem. I'm too impatient to wait for Shiva's skill to activate, but Golem's is a little more tolerable at 17 turns without skill-ups. Plus, he matches my 2 CDKs' element. Anyway, kudos on the tech, and welcome to Farm Heaven!

Maybe I'll get another Dark Golem from the rare gacha during the next DogFes.

Hey, nice idea. It works this way too. ^^

18zjmkYl.jpg
Oh god! I feel like such a dumbass for not even realizing that Knights had a weaker but quicker cool-down armor reduction skill. And I have a crapload of them sitting in my box from farming Ocean of Heaven. And its skill should be super easy to max-out at 8 cool down, since they're such common drops. Thank you!

If there any specific reason to farm Neptune instead of guards of the underworld? I thought guards had a better exp/steam ratio.
In addition to what OTIX and Slottm said, Mystic Masks are a far better drop than Dragon Fruits. They drop often enough during extensive farm sessions, that I feed extras to my Light monsters for 15,000 exp a pop. Also, the Light/Water mix of enemies perfectly suits a Wood/Dark ADK team for quick farming. Though, Guards of the Underground is great if you need to farm Samurai Goblins for skilling-up Gigas.

EDIT: neptune's defense is too high to break through, you really need to cancel or poison him.
Until Slottm and OTIX made me realize I could use armor-breaking skills(I'm too impatient for Shiva's 22 turn activation), that's exactly how I've been farming Neptune. I was breaking his armor with brute force. I have 2 max level ADKs and an ADK friend, and it takes about 1/2 to 3/4 of board being Wood and also making multiple combos with them. So, not a guaranted victory by any means. But, I've gotten good enough at it to make it a 90% success rate. That increased to 100% when I replaced Wind Mech with Echidna to give me extra turns to set up the board. But a skilled-up armor breaking Knight will make it even faster and easier.

For some reason I haven't felt much desire to play this weekend. I got $200 worth of iTunes cards with the Staples discount, and now I'm wondering if I'll even use them on 5.0.

Maybe I just need a break, but I keep thinking, like, what exactly is my goal with 5.0? I get that they're adding a lot of new monsters and everything, but I feel like it's time for new content. Are new monsters enough to keep people going forever? What really is the point of new monsters when the current set of monsters can beat pretty much anything out there?
There really isn't anything I need from the 5.0 gacha except maybe Ares to pair with Goemon. But Goemon isn't in the gacha and is a dungeon drop. So technically, I wouldn't even need to do a single rare pull, if I wanted to build a Goemon team. The only 2 essential monsters for that team aside from Goemon are the farmable Gigas. But there are a lot of cool new monsters coming that I wouldn't mind adding to the toolbox.

Quantum

Another crappy day at p&d

today was my 60th consecutive day and I got my stones, was going to wait for 5.0 but after reading about the delay I decided to pull. Got crap/dupe.

I burned my stamina hoping for a mystic appearance but was disappointed.

I think I'm not gonna log tomorrow to take the pressure of playing daily away.

As tempted as I was to give money to gungho bad days like this make me realize that while this is a great game, too much depends on chance - the pay wall is staring at me and while I can be very patient, I don't see me putting the time or effort going forward.

I think I have an old school attitude towards buying games - I would rather buy and own a game or pay a monthly subscription rather then have to pay for microtransactions that promise the potential of a drop - a potential that decreases further the *more* you pay.

(I mean that the farther you progress in the game the more specific your wants and needs for teams become - the more specific the drop you want the greater the decrease in odds and the more expensive it can become)

actually a brilliant psychological hook into getting you to pay to play.

oddly (as I mentioned before) I would gladly pay 60 to have a downloadable version that I could play off line and that would allow me to eventually obtain all of the monsters - even if it took a long time.

atlantos

Neo Member
Another crappy day at p&d

today was my 60th consecutive day and I got my stones, was going to wait for 5.0 but after reading about the delay I decided to pull. Got crap/dupe.

I burned my stamina hoping for a mystic appearance but was disappointed.

I think I'm not gonna log tomorrow to take the pressure of playing daily away.

As tempted as I was to give money to gungho bad days like this make me realize that while this is a great game, too much depends on chance - the pay wall is staring at me and while I can be very patient, I don't see me putting the time or effort going forward.

I think I have an old school attitude towards buying games - I would rather buy and own a game or pay a monthly subscription rather then have to pay for microtransactions that promise the potential of a drop - a potential that decreases further the *more* you pay.

(I mean that the farther you progress in the game the more specific your wants and needs for teams become - the more specific the drop you want the greater the decrease in odds and the more expensive it can become)

actually a brilliant psychological hook into getting you to pay to play.

oddly (as I mentioned before) I would gladly pay 60 to have a downloadable version that I could play off line and that would allow me to eventually obtain all of the monsters - even if it took a long time.

I got the 5 stones for the 60 days as well and I pulled hoping for Orochi... got another Neptune... Now I got 3.. I suppose I can turn one into dark, one into light and keep the other one just normal... I still got about 12 gems left but I am going to save it. I already spent AU$185 on this stupid game and I am not going to spend more... I got too many duplicates to care. But I will still keep playing... My goal is to be able to complete the main quest and after that then may be I am done with the game... Still stuck on Blazing Dragon of Hyperion Lava Flow... Those 3 Dragonette are a killer for my ADK team.. I can't kill them quick enough.

etiolate

Banned
So I got Siren the Enchanter from the Rare Egg Machine and feel like I could cheese my way through dungeons from here on out.

So far so good.

Should I just drop all other healing cards with her as my leader? So far I don't ever worry about healing now that I have her in my leader spot.

TimeKillr

So I got Siren the Enchanter from the Rare Egg Machine and feel like I could cheese my way through dungeons from here on out.

So far so good.

Should I just drop all other healing cards with her as my leader? So far I don't ever worry about healing now that I have her in my leader spot.

She's good as an auto-healer (although an evolved Amaterasu is worlds better when leveled) and she becomes a FANTASTIC team member later on when her auto-healing is not enough (which comes rather quickly!) especially if you max her skill.

So far so good.

What the other healing monsters? If they are carbuncles, then yes feel free to drop them. If they are any of the "healer" girls (dryad, mandrake, alraune, Cupid/angel/archangel, succubus/Lilith/Lilith 5*, naga/echidna/echidna 5*). All of those can be useful (dark and red healers are more useful than green and white)

Slottm

Neo Member
GC - I've been using ADK main, adk sub, wind mech sub, echidna, dark golem (its lvl 14 and 3*...so its literally just for the skill) and an adk sub. Having both makes it much easier :)

I managed to get a couple Nagas to drop from the red skydragon dungeon. I do have a fully evolved Echidna. How many nagas are worth keeping? IIRC I think it is two?

raiot

Last run 1h before closing and I got perfect drops!
ddrClsa.jpg

My final statistics for skydragon flame:
17 skydragons, 3 naga, 1 mystic knight. I fed 12 dragons and got no skill up.:(

Caerith

I finally got red skydragon on my last master run. Didn't even see the mystic knight. Only had enough stamina left to try green skydragon on Adept-- he hits for 1932 through 50% resist every 3 rounds. Dungeon is full of Lil' Greens, no special bosses for 5 or 9. I'll check into Expert and Master tomorrow, hopefully when somebody else puts up a resister, but if anyone has the damage values I'd appreciate knowing in advance.

MicH

Last run 1h before closing and I got perfect drops!
ddrClsa.jpg

My final statistics for skydragon flame:
17 skydragons, 3 naga, 1 mystic knight. I fed 12 dragons and got no skill up.:(
Very nice!

Just finished Skydragon of Wood on Expert (my first run) and got a Mystic Stone Knight. How lucky is that!!

J0dy77

WARNING!

Do not go into Sky Dragon of Wood expecting to roll over it like red and blue. I just wasted 15 stam on expert. The first 9 dungeons are a breeze but the dragon hits like a truck. I went with my safe team, siren leader and ADK friend but he hit for over 10k every third turn. With the lack of red orbs to change to hearts and no prep I was done. Definitely need some resist or a full ADK team that can burn through him.

Caerith

yep on master
That's pretty brutal. The only healer who could solo-heal that is Ammy O (with 519 RCV, so level 76 or equivalent). Healer girls would need 865, meaning even a level 99 Archangel would need +45 RCV.

I may just have to skip Master on this one.

MicH

Just do double resist with Siren as sub. Bring Echidna as well. Max skill Siren is pretty important here.

Also Yari's Ama can heal you up. Level 83.

Caerith

Just do double resist with Siren as sub. Bring Echidna as well. Max skill Siren is pretty important here.

Also Yari's Ama can heal you up. Level 83.
I'm about 0 for 10 million on Siren drops.

I don't see Yari on the spreadsheet. And the only Amas on my friend list are... really, really sad.

MicH

Whelp. Met four devils in round two on Master and died. God I hate those and they're in EVERY SINGLE SPECIAL DUNGEON

Caerith

How long does it take the login bonus PAL points to show up? I was at 2 tries, got the "date has changed" message then then "you get +500 gold and +200 PAL points" message, and I'm still at 2 tries.

I got lucky and got the Wood Sky Dragon drop on my first Master run. I used Odin which reduces the boss' attack to 3114 damage, which is easy to heal with pretty much any healer. Though, I almost died to group of regular mobs that attacked on the same turn. Good thing all my subs were decently strong Fire types. I play ADK so much, I forget how little damage non-multiplier teams deal.

I actually worked backward and played Expert second. This time I decided to blitz it with a Flame Mech Dragon and Freyr leaders for a 4x ATK Fire team. Sub members included Phoenix Knight(Water to Fire), Gigas(Hearts to Fire), Flare Drall(Wood to Hearts), and Echidna(3-turn time extension). It worked out great. I didn't even have to heal. Instead I used Flare Drall to turn Wood into Hearts, then used Gigas to turn Hearts into Fire to increase my damage output. I didn't even need to use Echidna's time stop. I killed the boss in 2 hits. I think I definitely could've beaten Master with this team, using Echidna to give me at least 5 full turns to kill the boss.

raiot

So... now that I got the Mystic Flame Knight I seriously consider starting a red team...
I got: Shiva, MFK, Red Ripper, Gigas, Sky Dragon, Echnida + 2 nagas, Hino Kagutsuchi, Minerva, Shaitan, Red Golem

J0dy77

Good point, George. I might have to use Odin if I want to get through master but I'm not sure ill have the damage to clear to the dragon. What was stage 9 like on master? 2x dryads like we had sirens with blue?

lenni

Desperate for some good Ammy's on my friend list after Xel dumped us all. Anyone with a high lvl Ammy's and some room?

Mine is Lvl55 +14 RCV, so thats 459 RCV. Not that high, but may be enough. I don't play that often, but log multiple times a day to run one or two dungeons.

My friend list is full right now, but I've got a good chunk of idle people I could kick, if anyone wants.

My ID is 380,733,294.

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/11/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
B: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

harrytang

surprised no stones for the down time yesterday, especially since they mentioned compensation on FB.

bet my buddy 5 stones the update would only be delayed only until Tuesday so we'll see what happens with that.

J0dy77

Mine is Lvl55 +14 RCV, so thats 459 RCV. Not that high, but may be enough. I don't play that often, but log multiple times a day to run one or two dungeons.

My friend list is full right now, but I've got a good chunk of idle people I could kick, if anyone wants.

My ID is 380,733,294.

That would work for me if you could free up some space. I'll shoot you in an invite. Thanks.

Radav

Well I failed miserably this weekend at my attempt to farm a Mystic Flame Knight and a Titan. I spent all of my stamina on Friday and Saturday as well as a full bar of stamina on Sunday morning to come up empty on the Titan. That's easily 100 runs of either Wrath of the Titan or Titan Guards level in Tower of Giants. Then I used the rest of my stamina on Sunday to try and farm the Sky Dragon of Flame for the knight and didn't have one appear during the 7 runs I made. I guess my fire team is going to have to wait. I'm excited for the wood dragon cause now I can finally get the lil green dragon Ive been missing from my resist dragon collection though. Was kind of hoping to see hera or two heroes today but guess that was too much to ask since we should have received the update today.

ToxicAdam

Ran Master Water a lot over the weekend and actually got the dragon to drop 4 times. They actually give good exp when you feed them (35k), too bad I wasted it on trying to skillup my one dragon. Don't know why I did that in retrospect as I will never use the thing or attempt to max level it.

Just ran the Adept Wood Skydragon with 2xShiva team. No autoRCV and no orb change. Whoops.

Somehow managed to get out of it alive. No drops though. Will probably have to wait until tomorrow as jewel dragons are today and i'm sitting on a lvl up in 700 xp

ParityBit

Ran Master Water a lot over the weekend and actually got the dragon to drop 4 times. They actually give good exp when you feed them (35k), too bad I wasted it on trying to skillup my one dragon. Don't know why I did that in retrospect as I will never use the thing or attempt to max level it.

I ran Master of Water 3 times, no drop ... of any kind. I think I may spend the day jewel hunting. Much less work and it is quick. Regen some mental stamina while I have an easy day at it. (only 6 runs, twice at each color)

damn that wood dragon hits like a truck on adept too. 3864 dmg on my fire and light team. I need those dragons today so i can finally start putting some mileage on my Dragon Knight.

MicH

Got the Skydragon of Wood on my first Master run. Should've brought two more rippers instead of the Demon Viper Orochi (for delay) and Rainbow Keeper I didn't really need. Slow, but safe. But I got the dragon, yay!

ccbfan

I just realized I haven't got a master sky dungeon drop for 10+ tries.

I just haven't been paying attention to it since I already had a fire and water one and was mainly trying to the the swordman.

I didn't even get it on 2x drop day. WTF?

Yaari

First one I didn't get on my first Master run. Now I don't know if I'm going back. 50 Stamina is alot, and I dont see myself using these Dragons. They dont get good until later on, and require an insane amount of exp. I guess I'm happy to just get my stone.

Nista

Meh got killed by the dragon on master. The one resist wasn't enough. Guess ill have to try using Odin helper next time.

Yaari

I don't recommend Odin honestly. There are some 1 timer Harpies who are quite a bitch if you get several of them. You need plenty of HP to withstand a group of those, last week I died in the Water Skydragon dungeon because of it.
I guess it works if you use a Siren sub and a Wood resist on the other side, but auto heal with Odin is not much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom