• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

penatence

Hey guys,

Thought I would post here as I already have a good many of you as friends. I added my info to the spreadsheet if anyone needs any help. Ive been mainly using a dual parvati team lately, but can put up valk, rippers, sea deity abyss neptune, toydragons, and other random crap if anyone needs it. Just shoot me a mail in game and Ill change leaders as soon as I can. Name is Pen@GAF.

Hey guys,

Thought I would post here as I already have a good many of you as friends. I added my info to the spreadsheet if anyone needs any help. Ive been mainly using a dual parvati team lately, but can put up valk, rippers, sea deity abyss neptune, toydragons, and other random crap if anyone needs it. Just shoot me a mail in game and Ill change leaders as soon as I can. Name is Pen@GAF.

my man. i'll have to clear a space. Need more Parvati's

TimeKillr

You must have miscalculated the bold part, because Odin reduces the boss attack on Master to 3114 damage. And it only attacks every 3 turns, so Siren only needs to be able to heal 1038 HP per turn. The Sky Dragon would be a cake walk. But agreed on everything else, which is why I edited my post above. It's the luck of the draw for whether that team could succeed or not. It has a 50% success rate at best, assuming he can even reliably get past the first round.

Edit: Oh, I see where the misunderstanding is. Are you assuming he'd be using Siren as a sub member? Because I understood it as using both Siren and Odin as leaders.

Yeah, well I miscalculated the damage from the boss.

But as you said, the rest of the thing is true, though - the rest of the dungeon would be complete murder, whereas using the GED would make it much safer.

I guess I got unlucky this morning that both carbuncles were on the same timer - that was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE without GED.

Regardless, hey, it worked, so good! But with 4 rippers, though - not the ADK. 4 rippers make it MUCH easier since you bypass some of the much harder fights. The only really hard one is carbuncles if they're both on the same timer, really.

xCobalt

It's better than nothing. I don't think I even experienced the stamina issue people were talking about. I may have slept through it.

I'm surprised that it did delay the update though.

Hah, compensation trolling. I see how much they think of us... The Japanese side is way more generous from what I have read.

Last time the JP side fucked up (the Android dragon crashed your game, wasting your stamina if you went into a dungeon with it) they gave us one stone.

The funnier part is that it's just barely short of being able to do a rare roll.

Ha! That is funny. 1 stone short of a rare pull. Oh well. Not gonna complain, because it honestly didn't affect me. I'm more disappointed that it's delaying the 5.0 update. But as you said, maybe it's also to patch that exploit you posted.

razterik

Last time the JP side fucked up (the Android dragon crashed your game, wasting your stamina if you went into a dungeon with it) they gave us one stone.

The funnier part is that it's just barely short of being able to do a rare roll.

Looks like them begging for some IAPs.

Didn't the JP side get more stones for an outage? I admit I don't follow them very closely, so I may be remembering incorrectly.

Yaari

They give more stones for nothing at all. A few days back I got 3 for who knows why. Last week this guy completed a dungeon and because of it, everyone gets 5 stones. Apparently he did it again and they get stones for it aswell.

Not to mention the 10mil DL event they got on the way.

I don't see US ever getting close to that kind of popularity, but meh. As long as we get our updates from now on I'm fine with it.

Caerith

I heard that they give 1 stone per hour that the game is down. But, you know, these 4 will bring my total up to 15 after I clear wind skydragon, so fine by me.

harrytang

According to the newsfeed in the game, there's another maintenance on March 13. Please be 5.0!

saw that when i logged in. on FB saying look for the new update schedule. feel like people running the FB page have literally nothing to do with the game and have just as little info as us on changes and updates.

ParityBit

Man, the problem with being so reliant on your friends is that if they have nothing up you need, it sucks! All I see are ADK's. LOTS of them. They are like flies in the citronella candles these days.

I wanted to run sky dragon master. But I can't use both my Ammy and blue resist at the same time!

MicH

Man, the problem with being so reliant on your friends is that if they have nothing up you need, it sucks! All I see are ADK's. LOTS of them. They are like flies in the citronella candles these days.

I wanted to run sky dragon master. But I can't use both my Ammy and blue resist at the same time!
Yeah, I think the majority of GAF are using ADKs. i would go to the Facebook group and get some friends there. That's where I have 99% of my Lakshmi friends from. Really neat.

raiot

Toytops is up, just for you! ;)

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/12/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 08:00 13:00 18:00
E: 09:00 14:00 19:00

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man I have run this Master sky dragon of water about 10 times now and I cant get the dragon to drop!

Yeah, I have all but given up on farming the Sky Dragon stuff. I got lucky with the fire one on my first run of Adept (lol), but the others have been terrible, even with 1.5 or 2x drop on Expert.

i've mainly been running Master for XP and other mob drops. So far, I have the water and the fire. I don't see myself using them for quite a while though (dat team cost), but in my 2x Shiva team, I could see fire being pretty solid when max leveled.

ParityBit

i've mainly been running Master for XP and other mob drops. So far, I have the water and the fire. I don't see myself using them for quite a while though (dat team cost), but in my 2x Shiva team, I could see fire being pretty solid when max leveled.

Well I am going to keep trying as long as I have friends with the pieces I need. 2x Shiva? Rare pulls? You guys amaze me with your "specialized" teams! I have my ogre/4 blue ghosts resolve team, and my Ammy/ripper team. I just change out the dragon with opposite color and go with it.

Well I am going to keep trying as long as I have friends with the pieces I need. 2x Shiva? Rare pulls? You guys amaze me with your "specialized" teams! I have my ogre/4 blue ghosts resolve team, and my Ammy/ripper team. I just change out the dragon with opposite color and go with it.

I hear you. I've gotten pretty lucky over the past 2 *fests (Shiva, Dragon Knight, Shardra, Pavarti, Orchi). Just gotta get lucky once and things can change pretty quick. That doesn't mention my luck before the *fests (Marine Rider, MIK, 2x Fairlio).

I was doing the same as you were until I finally got lucky w/ some pulls

J0dy77

That was a nice surprise logging into 4 bonus stones for the maintenance. I wasn't impacted by the time issue and when only tried to log in once during that window. How sneaky is Gunho though, let's give them 4 stones so they're tempted to buy one more to get that roll lol.

If you ever need a resist guy or something else let me know. I have a toytops and a megalodron and all the rippers minus White (working on him for the eventual white skydragon).

Here is my current line up. I cant wait until friday or sunday to stock up on dragon plants and start leveling my monsters.

Im trying to run the cruncher but those devils are destroying me with every turn hits and taking grass out of the game.

2013_03_12_08.33.19.png

raiot

This looks like a nice ADK team waiting to evolve! :)
First thing to level up is your Dragon knight. Evolve him to an ADK and your set for a long time! :)

Yeah I've been running ADK a lot lately because I'm trying to go through the normal dungeons, at least through Ocean of Heaven. None of my other teams are very complete. Anybody have suggesting for efficient exp farming without using stones?

ParityBit

Thanks guys for your help :) Makes the game enjoyable even when I am being trolled!

I have a ton of evolved pendrags and king dragons to use on other monsters, but I am having analysis paralysis as to what I should level up. I do not really have anything special ... Any advice?

Here is a listing of what I think its worth leveling/evolving and what I have for materials.

Monsters:

El Dorado (10)
Volcano Dragon (21)
Firedragon Tyrannos (26)
Echidna (63)

Crystal Aurora (25)
Plesios (28)
Mermaid (22)
Mermaid (8)

Canopus (4)
Marine Rider (20)
ADK (1)
Graviton Earth Dragon (28)
Susano (6)
Toyceratops (23)
Earth Golem (2)
Brachio (9)

Amaterasu Ohkami (48)
Indra (30)
Indra (6)
Lightning Holy Dragon (1)
Angel (1)
Machine golem (6)

Hader (4)
Chaos Devil Dragon (24)
Tiamat (1)

Materials:

King Ruby Dragon (x3)
Ruby Pendra (x20)

High Sapphire Dragon (x4)
Sapphire Pengrda (x12)

King Emeral Dragon
Emerald Pengdra (x19)

Here is my current line up. I cant wait until friday or sunday to stock up on dragon plants and start leveling my monsters.

Im trying to run the cruncher but those devils are destroying me with every turn hits and taking grass out of the game.
Yeah, if you ever run into devils those guys should be priority 1 targets. Many a run spoiled by color stun...

Thanks guys for your help :) Makes the game enjoyable even when I am being trolled!

I have a ton of evolved pendrags and king dragons to use on other monsters, but I am having analysis paralysis as to what I should level up. I do not really have anything special ... Any advice?

Here is a listing of what I think its worth leveling/evolving and what I have for materials.

STUFF

I'd start by finishing the Rippers. 2xADK + Dragons/Rippers is seriously powerful [/spoiler]if you don't get hit[/spoiler]. That's my fallback team when I can't put anything else together. Eventually, you can replace w/ Mechdragons for more HPs, but personally i'd go that route.

tl:dr - Evo Water/Fire rippers.

Yeah, if you ever run into devils those guys should be priority 1 targets. Many a run spoiled by color stun...

I once had a devil color lock me 5 turns in a row. I was running 5fire+1green. Didn't last too long in that dungeon

raiot

Yeah I've been running ADK a lot lately because I'm trying to go through the normal dungeons, at least through Ocean of Heaven. None of my other teams are very complete. Anybody have suggesting for efficient exp farming without using stones?

Just look for the E/S value on these pages.
Farm the dungeon with the highest Experience/Stamina Value you can clear reliable.
If it's weekend and you don't mind mindless orb matching, do Tower of Giants, Dragons of the Tower. It has half stamina on weekends and you can pretty much level up constantly without stone usage until your in your 90s!

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/normal-dungeons.asp
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/special-dungeons.asp
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/technical-dungeons.asp

I actually meant monster exp. I was hoping there's something a little less monotonous/more effective than farming pengdras and jewel dragons then waiting till Thursday to evolve.

J0dy77

Oh I really look forward to the Holy Skydragon... My Dual Hades will eat him alive! :D

Clearly you need to put me on your friend list. ;)

I actually meant monster exp. I was hoping there's something a little less monotonous/more effective than farming pengdras and jewel dragons then waiting till Thursday to evolve.

This is one my gripes with this game, there really isn't an efficient way outside of Pengdras to get levels. Yellow is a real @#$# to level.

Colby

I want to upgrade my 16 GB MicroSD card to a 32 GB card for my Galaxy SIII, but I don't know how to safely transfer everything to the bigger card. I especially don't want to lose my game data. Are there any tutorials out there? I'm Googling around, but it just says to copy/paste, and I don't think that's right.

ToxicAdam

I want to upgrade my 16 GB MicroSD card to a 32 GB card for my Galaxy SIII, but I don't know how to safely transfer everything to the bigger card. I especially don't want to lose my game data. Are there any tutorials out there? I'm Googling around, but it just says to copy/paste, and I don't think that's right.

data048.bin is your ID. That's the main file you need to keep. So, as long as you keep a copy of that you are golden.

data056.bin is your Monster box. It's not a necessity, but it's kind of annoying to have to watch all those splash screens everytime you find a 'new' monster.

But I think you can transfer everything ever and it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom