• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colby

So it really IS as simple as copying and pasting everything? And all of my apps and stuff will still be there? That's pretty cool. Thanks, Adam.

raiot

Clearly you need to put me on your friend list. ;)

This is one my gripes with this game, there really isn't an efficient way outside of Pengdras to get levels. Yellow is a real @#$# to level.

Just add me, I have 4 slots open:

I mainly use ADK, a 50% resist leader, Vampire Lord. But I also have a max skill 50+ Siren, a Shiva, Light/Dark Hades, Hera, Angelion, Fortoytops, Megalodran.
Just give me an ingame message or PM and i can change it.

ParityBit

I'd start by finishing the Rippers. 2xADK + Dragons/Rippers is seriously powerful [/spoiler]if you don't get hit[/spoiler]. That's my fallback team when I can't put anything else together. Eventually, you can replace w/ Mechdragons for more HPs, but personally i'd go that route.

tl:dr - Evo Water/Fire rippers.n

Should I level them all the way up? Should I work on my healers at all or ADK?

eh. I think mine are around 20ish. I usually throw colored mobs at my respective rippers. Now, not so much as I'm focusing on 2xParvati team. ADK is just such a versatile monster in many teams and the stats are pretty great.

That 6.25 ATK multiplier is so great though

I have seen some people say that rippers don't really need to be leveled at all since the main thing you are using them for is the 20k attack. Personally, I'd still pump some xp into them and get them at least into the 30s if not a little higher - more hp means you can live a little longer and higher atk means more damage in those rounds when you are charging up. ADK is probably worth getting maxed out and if you can manage to do max skill that is good as well (I regret not focusing on that when the stone dungeon was around a week or two ago).

Slottm

Neo Member
I have seen some people say that rippers don't really need to be leveled at all since the main thing you are using them for is the 20k attack. Personally, I'd still pump some xp into them and get them at least into the 30s if not a little higher - more hp means you can live a little longer and higher atk means more damage in those rounds when you are charging up. ADK is probably worth getting maxed out and if you can manage to do max skill that is good as well (I regret not focusing on that when the stone dungeon was around a week or two ago).

Quite different actually - ripper dragons start off in their 5th evolution with rather high stats. Their stat growth however is rather low. The difference between a lvl 1 5* ripper and lvl 99 is ~ 1800 hp, 360 atk, 100 RCV (numbers based on crystal aurora dragon). This means that the 4 million exp you will pump in will only net you 360 total more damage! which is really low stat gain. Compare this to lets say... a wind mech dragon, which gains:

~2600 hp, 800 ATK, 80 RCV. Comparing the two monsters, the stat bonus per level on average for crystal aurora dragon is about
: 18hp, 3.6 atk, 1 rcv per level up
Wind mechs is: 26 hp 8 atk 1 rcv per level up

This is why its typically recommended against leveling ripper dragons, since leveling them up doesn't have a huge impact.

Slottm

Neo Member
Furthermore: Why do people stop monsters are certain levels? Well, based on the 4 million exp chart - it takes only 190k EXP to get to level 30ish, which accounts for roughly 1/3 of the stat growth for the monster. Hitting level 66 (for 2/3rds) is 1.4m exp. This shows that in order to double the stat gain (not total stats) from your ripper, is an additional 1.2m exp. For the last 33 levels? Well...thats 2.6m exp. So you can see on a monster with very high stats out of the box, it's not worth pumping so much exp into them.

Furthermore: Why do people stop monsters are certain levels? Well, based on the 4 million exp chart - it takes only 190k EXP to get to level 30ish, which accounts for roughly 1/3 of the stat growth for the monster. Hitting level 66 (for 2/3rds) is 1.4m exp. This shows that in order to double the stat gain (not total stats) from your ripper, is an additional 1.2m exp. For the last 33 levels? Well...thats 2.6m exp. So you can see on a monster with very high stats out of the box, it's not worth pumping so much exp into them.

i would add that it can depend on the monster. stat growth (usually) isnt totally linear, and for some mosters the stats only really shoot up as the monster gets really strong

Slottm

Neo Member
i would add that it can depend on the monster. stat growth (usually) isnt totally linear, and for some mosters the stats only really shoot up as the monster gets really strong

I've only noticed stat growth decay rather than increase as a monster levels up - especially in the first 10 levels theres usually a huge jump that tapers off and steadies out throughout the rest of the levels. Do you have an example of a monster with the opposite effect, in which the stat gain actually increases in value as the monster gets stronger?

edit: friend just showed me that skydragons seems to increase in stat growth for atk as they level up. Good to know

MicH

GungHo just confirmed via Facebook that it is indeed 5.0 we're getting tomorrow! Woohoo!! :D

EDIT: Oh man, beaten :D Still.. YAY

harrytang

Question on FB - is the update on march 13? it says maintenance on that day

Answer on FB - Yessir! We just posted the announcement on Facebook as well - sorry for this delay.

sounds like good news

edit - damnit beatin

Caerith

I've only noticed stat growth decay rather than increase as a monster levels up - especially in the first 10 levels theres usually a huge jump that tapers off and steadies out throughout the rest of the levels. Do you have an example of a monster with the opposite effect, in which the stat gain actually increases in value as the monster gets stronger?

edit: friend just showed me that skydragons seems to increase in stat growth for atk as they level up. Good to know
Perhaps a better example is 7* Ceres, whose RCV really ramps up in the later levels.

OTIX

Pretty much all gods have increasing stat growth. For example: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=139

J0dy77

Just add me, I have 4 slots open:

I mainly use ADK, a 50% resist leader, Vampire Lord. But I also have a max skill 50+ Siren, a Shiva, Light/Dark Hades, Hera, Angelion, Fortoytops, Megalodran.
Just give me an ingame message or PM and i can change it.

Thanks, sent the request.

Monday Pengdra dungeon should help with that a little... all the data for it is in 5.0 but GH hasn't activated it yet in Japan.

It's just a minor gripe on my part. Wish you could run regular dungeons and get some value from feeding them instead of being forced to only play in certain windows on Jewel dragon day.

Quite different actually - ripper dragons start off in their 5th evolution with rather high stats. Their stat growth however is rather low. The difference between a lvl 1 5* ripper and lvl 99 is ~ 1800 hp, 360 atk, 100 RCV (numbers based on crystal aurora dragon). This means that the 4 million exp you will pump in will only net you 360 total more damage! which is really low stat gain. Compare this to lets say... a wind mech dragon, which gains:

~2600 hp, 800 ATK, 80 RCV. Comparing the two monsters, the stat bonus per level on average for crystal aurora dragon is about
: 18hp, 3.6 atk, 1 rcv per level up
Wind mechs is: 26 hp 8 atk 1 rcv per level up

This is why its typically recommended against leveling ripper dragons, since leveling them up doesn't have a huge impact.

I completely agree and found this out early. The US PAD database has the great leveling growth curves that you can see where a monster will end up. I brought my Rippers up to 30 and stopped there since Mechdragons start to really lap Rippers around level 32 or so.

Perhaps a better example is 7* Ceres, whose RCV really ramps up in the later levels.

Can anyone explain to me what I'm missing about Ceres and Venus? I've always looked at them as terrible gods. Have they been buffed that much in 5.0? What got buffed?

octagon69

Banned
Does anyone have a real high level Ammy I could use. Couldn't heal fast enough and wood master messed me up.

bigA@gaf

Hurts to lose 50 stam...

Slottm

Neo Member
Jody - ceres has very good stats for a monster with high RCV - at max lvl her rcv is around 775, with 2500 hp and 1100ish atk. Getting that high atk on most green monsters is rather difficult to do.

ToxicAdam

Great news on the update. I was very pessimistic that Gungho would ever bother with NA, but they have really been a good company thus far.

Radav

Someone on another forum point out that Korea had their update but didn't get a new godfest until about a week later. I'm guessing that will probably be what ends up happening with us. Maybe next Friday to coincide with the change of elements for the usual increased drop or maybe they'll do a celebration for 10k likes on facebook?

I'll hold off buying stones until I see 5.0 on my phone but I do figure that will be tomorrow.

likewise. Sitting on 10 right now, but have a $25 play store card if needed. depends on what kind of *fest they do.

Would really like a 'new' god fest, instead of an overarching 'GOD'fest.

not that i really need anything, just like the surprise

what's the ideal team for Rainbow? AutoHeal + Odin?

likewise. Sitting on 10 right now, but have a $25 play store card if needed. depends on what kind of *fest they do.

Would really like a 'new' god fest, instead of an overarching 'GOD'fest.

not that i really need anything, just like the surprise

what's the ideal team for Rainbow? AutoHeal + Odin?

My notes show a force resolve team for Rainbow (resolve/poison/3xripper/healer) but I was also wondering if an Odin team has a shot.

MicH

Definitely do Odin + healer and stock up on rippers or (even better) Mechs. The more light rippers the better. Did it ealier and didn't get him. Got a Light Keeper though, which I needed.

It's just a minor gripe on my part. Wish you could run regular dungeons and get some value from feeding them instead of being forced to only play in certain windows on Jewel dragon day.

Can anyone explain to me what I'm missing about Ceres and Venus? I've always looked at them as terrible gods. Have they been buffed that much in 5.0? What got buffed?
While evolving Pengdras and hunting Jewel Dragons and Plants remains the best option for pure monster exp, the game opens up alternate viable farming options at higher tier dungeons. King Metal and Gold Dragons will start to appear in normal dungeons, along with things like Mystic Masks(15,000 exp when fed to a Light monster). And the regular mobs start providing 3000 to 5000+ exp a piece. I only farm high tier normal dungeons during the 1.5x daily drop events, and even without any rare drops, I come away with 15,000-20,000 exp worth of feeder mobs per run. While pure monster power leveling isn't as quick as Pengdra/Dragon farming, you get a lot more player exp, gold, and +1 stat eggs. You can also farm for skill-ups. Common skill-up mobs in some of the higher dungeons include Marine Goblins(Siren, Shardra), Samurai Goblins(Gigas), Knights, and Devils/Demons.

As for Ceres and Venus, as was already said Ceres has awesome stats at max level, and while her active skill is not a reliable tool, it's still useful for emergency situations. A full heal is a powerful skill when playing something like a Parvati team with 40,000 HP. It can practically be used as a time extension, allowing you to tank for several turns without worrying about healing, then pop Ceres for an instant top-up. And she makes a great Wood/Light or Wood/Dark(depending on evolution choice) resist leader.

As for Venus, she also makes a great Light/Dark or Light/Light resist leader. The Light/Light version gives 60% Light damage reduction, the highest in the game. And she has a very powerful active skill, identical to Yomi's which is also a common monster in powerful Dark teams.

ToxicAdam

GC gives some great advice there about farming for exp. The higher level dungeons are pretty solid when they have the 1.5x multiplier up. You just have to find the level that your team can roll through and abuse the hell out of it.

MicH

Is there anyway to get an ADK w/o rare eggs or waiting for the special dungeons?
You can encounter a Mystic Stone Knight (which evolves into Ancient Dragon Knight) right now in the Green Skydragon of Wood on Expert and Master difficulties. However, it is quite rare for it to appear (and seemingly even more rare for it to drop), but those are your only options at the moment.

While evolving Pengdras and hunting Jewel Dragons and Plants remains the best option for pure monster exp, the game opens up alternate viable farming options at higher tier dungeons. King Metal and Gold Dragons will start to appear in normal dungeons, along with things like Mystic Masks(15,000 exp when fed to a Light monster). And the regular mobs start providing 3000 to 5000+ exp a piece. I only farm high tier normal dungeons during the 1.5x daily drop events, and even without any rare drops, I come away with 15,000-20,000 exp worth of feeder mobs per run. While pure monster power leveling isn't as quick as Pengdra/Dragon farming, you get a lot more player exp, gold, and +1 stat eggs. You can also farm for skill-ups. Common skill-up mobs in some of the higher dungeons include Marine Goblins(Siren, Shardra), Samurai Goblins(Gigas), Knights, and Devils/Demons.

Great advice. I've been farming away at Tech dungeons, but it seems I should head back to normal ones for now. Just got to Lava flow or something or other. I think i'm currently leveled enough to run through enough to be able to farm now.

We still gotta wait for the update to be on the app store right? or do they just time the update to coincide?
I redownloaded from the App Store for JPN 5.0, but only because people told me to. Wonder if the in-game hotfix abilities are enough...

Also you guys just h
Gave me the sickening idea that GungHo could split the Egyptian/Greek gods into two separate Godfests, which would be pretty slimy of them.

Speaking of slimy....the Rainbow Keeper not dropping might be the worst thing in the this game. Takes for-freaking-ever to knock down and the xp/stam ratio is terribad (<100).

Refuse to do another one today...I'll wait until next week

Needed one Rainbow and got him to drop on my first run. I may hit the regular levels to try and get a few extra keepers to feed to my mech defenders (I have Asgard and Midgard, Jotunn is less than 200k away).

sgjackson

Decided to try this out and figured I'd reroll for a bit cause why not, got a Viper Orochi within 30 minutes. Guessing I should keep it?

Decided to try this out and figured I'd reroll for a bit cause why not, got a Viper Orochi within 30 minutes. Guessing I should keep it?
Definitely keep it. It's one of the most versatile monsters in the game and difficult to acquire unless you get lucky with rare pulls. Though, be warned that it won't be very useful in the early game, so you'll be relying on your starter dragon and monster drops for a while, unless you do additional rare pulls and get good stuff that way, or get extremely lucky with an early healer girl drop.

TimeKillr

Definitely keep it. It's one of the most versatile monsters in the game and difficult to acquire unless you get lucky with rare pulls. Though, be warned that it won't be very useful in the early game, so you'll be relying on your starter dragon and monster drops for a while, unless you do additional rare pulls and get good stuff that way, or get extremely lucky with an early healer girl drop.

Yeah. You gotta be lucky to get one. I've done... what, over 50 pulls, during godfests. blue events, etc. and never got him. :)

I'm still salty about that. Orochi and/or Neptune are all I want now before 5.0 (and then I'm not sure which Egyptian god I want)...

J0dy77

I just want one positive pull from the Gacha, outside of Viper Orochi, I've gotten nothing but mobs I could farm and some resist mobs. Maybe the gods have been saving their love for me for the 5.0 release.

Have 16 stones saved up from the 1 year anniversary, login bonus and the day light savings present. 4 rolls here we go.

TimeKillr

Well obviously you should go with Isis to complete your blue monsters you'll never pull trifecta.

The funny thing is I have 2 Lakshmis (including one that was pulled evolved!) and 3 evolved Sirens (2 are max skilled too), but nothing else in blue, really, aside from ripper. And I don't think making a team with 2 Lakshmis and 3 evolved Sirens would be good for anything but massive healing :)

The funny thing is I have 2 Lakshmis (including one that was pulled evolved!) and 3 evolved Sirens (2 are max skilled too), but nothing else in blue, really, aside from ripper. And I don't think making a team with 2 Lakshmis and 3 evolved Sirens would be good for anything but massive healing :)
Do you have I&I? In 5.1 they're getting a busty evo to grant their buff to Healer types too. Combine that with Kyoku in 5.0 and you could get a sweet water/healer team going.

TimeKillr

Do you have I&I? In 5.1 they're getting a busty evo to grant their buff to Healer types too. Combine that with Kyoku in 5.0 and you could get a sweet water/healer team going.

Noooooooooooope. As far as Norse gods go, I have Freyr and Thor (lol, but I think he's going to be better in 5.0).

I'm much more ready with my Parvati team - all I need is a Cu Culainn and it's pretty powerful as it is. My red team isn't bad too, and is getting pretty close to being verrry good with Shiva and Freyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom