• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying my hand at the Rainbow Keeper dungeon.. Running a Alarune(L), Moondragon D'Spinas, Devil Dragon, Dark Dragon Knight, Vampire, and Odin (Assist)

I'm not even on the Rainbow Keeper, but this Dark Keeper has kept me occupied for over 30 minutes.

Maybe I wasn't ready yet... I can't spend this long for a non-guaranteed drop.

Trying my hand at the Rainbow Keeper dungeon.. Running a Alarune(L), Moondragon D'Spinas, Devil Dragon, Dark Dragon Knight, Vampire, and Odin (Assist)

I'm not even on the Rainbow Keeper, but this Dark Keeper has kept me occupied for over 30 minutes.

Ouch. I don't think you are in danger of dying but man, it is going to take a loooong time to get through. If you think the dark keeper had a lot of hp, wait until you get to the rainbow one.

Do you have any other monsters? Definitely work on getting the devil dragon and dark dragon knight evolved to their next forms first (imo), then the vampire. Hopefully you can replace D'Spinas with something soon.

OTIX

Don't try to deal damage to him normally. Just make any quick match at the top of the screen as fast as possible, avoid combos. As long as you make a match your healer will keep you alive forever. The goal is to charge up Odins skill over and over as fast as possible.

Ouch. I don't think you are in danger of dying but man, it is going to take a loooong time to get through. If you think the dark keeper had a lot of hp, wait until you get to the rainbow one.

Do you have any other monsters? Definitely work on getting the devil dragon and dark dragon knight evolved to their next forms first (imo), then the vampire. Hopefully you can replace D'Spinas with something soon.

Im working on getting CDD, and CDK (Along with CrystalAD and MeteorVD) this week, tomorrow, but I've had more problems with the Mask dungeon than the Keeper dungeons. This is my first week with Alarune and my first time running the Rainbow Keeper dungeon.

Don't try to deal damage to him normally. Just make any quick match at the top of the screen as fast as possible, avoid combos. As long as you make a match your healer will keep you alive forever. The goal is to charge up Odins skill over and over as fast as possible.
Thanks. Odin is invaluable here! I kept researching every hour until an Odin popped up as an assist.

I got him down to 1/8th! Woo!

Caerith

While evolving Pengdras and hunting Jewel Dragons and Plants remains the best option for pure monster exp, the game opens up alternate viable farming options at higher tier dungeons. King Metal and Gold Dragons will start to appear in normal dungeons, along with things like Mystic Masks(15,000 exp when fed to a Light monster). And the regular mobs start providing 3000 to 5000+ exp a piece. I only farm high tier normal dungeons during the 1.5x daily drop events, and even without any rare drops, I come away with 15,000-20,000 exp worth of feeder mobs per run. While pure monster power leveling isn't as quick as Pengdra/Dragon farming, you get a lot more player exp, gold, and +1 stat eggs. You can also farm for skill-ups. Common skill-up mobs in some of the higher dungeons include Marine Goblins(Siren, Shardra), Samurai Goblins(Gigas), Knights, and Devils/Demons.

As for Ceres and Venus, as was already said Ceres has awesome stats at max level, and while her active skill is not a reliable tool, it's still useful for emergency situations. A full heal is a powerful skill when playing something like a Parvati team with 40,000 HP. It can practically be used as a time extension, allowing you to tank for several turns without worrying about healing, then pop Ceres for an instant top-up. And she makes a great Wood/Light or Wood/Dark(depending on evolution choice) resist leader.

As for Venus, she also makes a great Light/Dark or Light/Light resist leader. The Light/Light version gives 60% Light damage reduction, the highest in the game. And she has a very powerful active skill, identical to Yomi's which is also a common monster in powerful Dark teams.
You know what else has Venus and Yomi's active skill?

KJL7SUu.jpg

(I wish.)

atlantos

Neo Member
Guys, how come, my android version is asking me to update the app (when the new app is not available yet) but my ios version on my ipad is still playable?

Also, I am one of those guys outside of US and manually installed this app on my android phone. Is there any risk of losing user data in updating the app?

daw840

Man. I didn't know this was even a thread here. I love this game. I'm level 67 and basically stuck. I can't seem to beat any more new dungeons. I need some friends with good characters!

Add me!

daw840

I'm currently running this team. This is pretty much all I have.

Chaos Devil Dragon - Leader
Firedragon Tyrannos
Dragon Knight
Pterados
Siren

The last three are maxed out. I need to evolve them but I don't have (or know where to get) what they need. The first two are in the high 50s

OTIX

Firedragon Tyrannos
Dragon Knight
Pterados
Siren

The last three are maxed out. I need to evolve them but I don't have (or know where to get) what they need. The first two are in the high 50s
There's no reason to use CDD as leader unless you're doing a dark dungeon. You really need to evolve your dragon knight and siren, they are both great leaders. You can find out about evolution mats on: www.puzzledragonx.com

I've ran the Rainbow dungeon 4 times since last night. 0 rainbow drops. Man, I got so spoiled during that 2x daily dungeon bonus week a couple of weeks ago. I have 4 monsters that'll get new ultimate evolutions in 5.0. I need a total of 5 Rainbow Keepers. I already have 2 in reserve and another 2 FAV'd for party use. But I think I'll just un-FAV those 2, because I've reached a point where I don't see ever needing to use them in a party anymore. Still need 1 more Rainbow, though. I'll be able to try again in 3hrs.

Firedragon Tyrannos
Dragon Knight
Pterados
Siren

Do what Otix suggested. If you have the DK maxed then you want to work on evolving it asap. You will need 1 mystic mask, 1 divine azure mask (get this and the mystic mask in wednesday dungeon), 1 keeper of wood (this is in today's dungeon), 1 dragon fruit (thursday), and 1 emelit (friday, or the very first dungeon). Tyrannos and Pterados will be replaced once you can get rippers (Lil' XXX Dragon, available in some dungeons or through using the pal machine).

I've ran the Rainbow dungeon 4 times since last night. 0 rainbow drops. Man, I got so spoiled during that 2x daily dungeon bonus week a couple of weeks ago. I have 4 monsters that'll get new ultimate evolutions in 5.0. I need a total of 5 Rainbow Keepers. I already have 2 in reserve and another 2 FAV'd for party use. But I think I'll just un-FAV those 2, because I've reached a point where I don't see ever needing to use them in a party anymore. Still need 1 more Rainbow, though. I'll be able to try again in 3hrs.

I kind of forgot about new evolutions and haven't really looked into the materials for them. I will need to feed them so much xp though that I guess it is okay for me to not worry about it too much.

daw840

There's no reason to use CDD as leader unless you're doing a dark dungeon. You really need to evolve your dragon knight and siren, they are both great leaders. You can find out about evolution mats on: www.puzzledragonx.com

Do what Otix suggested. If you have the DK maxed then you want to work on evolving it asap. You will need 1 mystic mask, 1 divine azure mask (get this and the mystic mask in wednesday dungeon), 1 keeper of wood (this is in today's dungeon), 1 dragon fruit (thursday), and 1 emelit (friday, or the very first dungeon). Tyrannos and Pterados will be replaced once you can get rippers (Lil' XXX Dragon, available in some dungeons or through using the pal machine).

Man...I've gotten rid of so many Lil dragons. I just figured the Firedragon Tyrannos maxed out would be better. Guess not.

I'll keep the next one.

Tomorrow I'll farm the wednesday dungeon until I get the Mystic Mask and the Divine Azure Mask.

Is there a certain difficulty I have to play it on?

OTIX

I've been pushing through the later tiers of technical dungeons to get some more stones, it's quite easy with an ADK team. They're actually kinda nice, the exp is much better than the first tier, about 260-300 exp/stam. The carbuncles that drop are enough to max out a pengdra of the same colour so you get a bunch of leftover feeding fodder. And it might be a good idea to get these dungeons finished now since there will be a new tier in the patch where evolved pengdras drop. The only downside is no mythlits but its not like those dropped a lot anyway.

Man...I've gotten rid of so many Lil dragons. I just figured the Firedragon Tyrannos maxed out would be better. Guess not.

I'll keep the next one.

Tomorrow I'll farm the wednesday dungeon until I get the Mystic Mask and the Divine Azure Mask.

The mystic mask is going to be one of three monsters at the end of the hardest level dungeon. I recommend a low hp resolve team. In your case, you would use your siren as leader and team with someone's blue ogre (unless you have one of those) and fill the rest of your team with sapphlits. The masks have such high defense that you can't really blow by them so you bring little monsters all of one color (preferably) and do 1 damage each per attack. The masks have a small number of hp so they do die pretty quick but you need the resolve so that when they do hit (and they hit hard) your team does not die.

I kind of forgot about new evolutions and haven't really looked into the materials for them. I will need to feed them so much xp though that I guess it is okay for me to not worry about it too much.
Ultimate evolutions don't require max level monsters to evolve. You can evolve them at any time by fusing the proper combination of monsters. Here's a list of ultimate evolutions. Some are currently possible, and some will become available in 5.0. I'm waiting to be able to evolve a Light/Light Venus and Dark/Dark Hades in particular.

http://translate.googleusercontent....%8C%96&usg=ALkJrhi2lXpE_YwtqtSIEjYGtTSosKY3dg

I'll keep the next one.

As a general party leader, the starting Dragons are better than the evolved Lil' Dragons, especially after the 5.0 update. Each starter will get an ultimate evolution with a leader skill that grants 2x ATK and 2x RCV to monsters of the same element. The Norse equivalents are better stat-wise, but those can only be gotten from the rare machine. Though, with your mix of different-colored Dragons, I would lean toward using an Ancient Dragon Knight leader. I'd hang onto your starter Dragons, at least until you pull the equivalent god from the rare machine. Their final 5.0 evolutions make for awesome mono-color party leaders.

The only downside is no mythlits but its not like those dropped a lot anyway.
You obviously haven't been farming enough Pengdras. I just fed 20 Mythlits to my Hades, because they were clogging-up my box. =p

OTIX

I'll keep the next one.

Your CDD comes from a lil dragon, having one of each colour is situationally very useful for the resist and nuke skill. Tyrannos and the other starters will get a new evolution in the patch making them more useful. For a mystic mask you need to run the Wednesday dungeon on expert which is quite tricky and requires a very specific team and strategy. There are multiple strategies that can be put together by a new player however. Here is a link to some of them:

http://puzzledragonsus.blogspot.ca/2012/12/wednesday-dungeon-room-of-masks.html

daw840

The mystic mask is going to be one of three monsters at the end of the hardest level dungeon. I recommend a low hp resolve team. In your case, you would use your siren as leader and team with someone's blue ogre (unless you have one of those) and fill the rest of your team with sapphlits. The masks have such high defense that you can't really blow by them so you bring little monsters all of one color (preferably) and do 1 damage each per attack. The masks have a small number of hp so they do die pretty quick but you need the resolve so that when they do hit (and they hit hard) your team does not die.

Ugh....I've never beaten the hardest wednesday dungeon. You're saying I should go in with all the same color team?

That seems rough. Though I do have 2 Keepers of Water. That would be my siren as the leader, those two, and I have an ogre I could evolve.

daw840

Your CDD comes from a lil dragon, having one of each colour is situationally very useful for the resist and nuke skill. Tyrannos and the other starters will get a new evolution in the patch making them more useful. For a mystic mask you need to run the Wednesday dungeon on expert which is quite tricky and requires a very specific team and strategy. There are multiple strategies that can be put together by a new player however. Here is a link to some of them:

http://puzzledragonsus.blogspot.ca/2012/12/wednesday-dungeon-room-of-masks.html

What is a CDD?

daw840

Chaos Devil Dragon

If you want to beat expert masks you need to do your homework. It's not hard but the strategies are very specific.

Ah...duh. I was starting to lose interest in this game. I've logged in for a straight 72 days. This thread has revived my interest!

daw840

Alright...so I was going through my monster box and in addition to the normal team I use that I listed above I have the following.

Freyja - Level 5
Ice Ogre - Level 23
Cupid - Level 5

I'll try the mask level on Expert tomorrow. I figure I'll go in with the following team.

Ice Ogre - Leader (Level 23, hopefully higher by tomorrow.)
Siren - Level Maxed
Keeper of Water
Keeper of Water
Chaos Devil Dragon - Level 57

Viper Orochi - Friend Leader from Raiot

Sound good?

edit: Sorry for the triple post...lol

OTIX

Alright...so I was going through my monster box and in addition to the normal team I use that I listed above I have the following.

Freyja - Level 5
Ice Ogre - Level 23
Cupid - Level 5

I'll try the mask level on Expert tomorrow. I figure I'll go in with the following team.

Ice Ogre - Leader (Level 23, hopefully higher by tomorrow.)
Siren - Level Maxed
Keeper of Water
Keeper of Water
Chaos Devil Dragon - Level 57

Viper Orochi - Friend Leader from Raiot

Sound good?

edit: Sorry for the triple post...lol
No, that team has far too much HP, you have double resolve and no autohealer. Even with a proper team you still need to understand how to play the dungeon. Read the link I posted above.

Kosh

Guys, how come, my android version is asking me to update the app (when the new app is not available yet) but my ios version on my ipad is still playable?

Also, I am one of those guys outside of US and manually installed this app on my android phone. Is there any risk of losing user data in updating the app?

**Important Notice for Android Users**

Android users will be able to log in to Puzzle & Dragons as long as their device is set to a US time zone.

We are currently aware of an issue where players are being given a maintenance notice if their device shows the date as March 13, 2013. We are looking into this matter and thank you for your patience.

J0dy77

Man. I didn't know this was even a thread here. I love this game. I'm level 67 and basically stuck. I can't seem to beat any more new dungeons. I need some friends with good characters!

Add me!

I sent you an invite. When you get a chance add @Gaf to your name so people in this thread don't delete you. Also add yourself to the spreadsheet on the front page and you can add a lot of helpful friends from there.

Could I get your toy tops up again so I can try sky master again? Please!

Put mine up if you feel like running it again Parity, I'm out of stamina for the night. Just thinking about it, you're probably better off with GED. It's 50% wood resist and has better stats and the 20k burn. Can put him up if you'd like.

I was in a very similar situation the first couple times I beat Rainbow, it was a really really long fight but worth it IMO. If you can get that Rainbow keeper he'll be a staple of your team for a long time with huge 3000 hp and 1000 attack at the early stage of the game.

any chance theres a special PAL to go w/ the expected Godfest soon? Sitting on 5 right now and not sure to wait or pull and hope

I hope so. If I'm not mistaken, the new version has an option that allows you to pull 10x at the PAL machine in one go, as long as you have enough PAL points. Do they have this for the rare gacha, too?

daw840

No, that team has far too much HP, you have double resolve and no autohealer. Even with a proper team you still need to understand how to play the dungeon. Read the link I posted above.

Ok....well how about if I moved my siren to my leader? Or maybe used a Siren the Enchanter from my friends list? There's always a bunch of those there.

I read the article. I just don't really have anything that poisons people unfortunately. The entirety of the rest of my monster box is evo and enhance material. Save for the one Lil Red Dragon that I have.

Wouldn't having 2 different double resolve leaders almost make me invincible? Wouldn't it double my chances of surviving if my health hits zero?

Yaari

Does anyone know if there is any truth towards the speculations of Godfests overlapping current events. I want both Horus and Orochi, it would be perfect if a Godfest occured before Friday, cause of the current Water rates.

Obviously no indication of a Godfest actually happening. I'd just say it would work out for me.

Caerith

I hope so. If I'm not mistaken, the new version has an option that allows you to pull 10x at the PAL machine in one go, as long as you have enough PAL points. Do they have this for the rare gacha, too?
I thought PAL points capped at 1000 though... or was I misreading and it's 10k?

Does anyone know if there is any truth towards the speculations of Godfests overlapping current events. I want both Horus and Orochi, it would be perfect if a Godfest occured before Friday, cause of the current Water rates.

Obviously no indication of a Godfest actually happening. I'd just say it would work out for me.
There's no indication of Godfest not happening, either. It happened for the Korean version, which is about a week ahead of us for everything else.

I thought PAL points capped at 1000 though... or was I misreading and it's 10k?

There's no indication of Godfest not happening, either. It happened for the Korean version, which is about a week ahead of us for everything else.

Yeah, cap should be 10K. I have about 2000 PAL points at the moment.

OTIX

Ok....well how about if I moved my siren to my leader? Or maybe used a Siren the Enchanter from my friends list? There's always a bunch of those there.

I read the article. I just don't really have anything that poisons people unfortunately. The entirety of the rest of my monster box is evo and enhance material. Save for the one Lil Red Dragon that I have.

Wouldn't having 2 different double resolve leaders almost make me invincible? Wouldn't it double my chances of surviving if my health hits zero?
Resolve always saves your life guaranteed as long as you were above 70% HP before the hit (50% with Orochi). So the strategy is to have as low HP as possible and an autohealer that can heal up 70% of it each round. As long as you never take two hits in one round you are invincible.

ParityBit

Put mine up if you feel like running it again Parity, I'm out of stamina for the night. Just thinking about it, you're probably better off with GED. It's 50% wood resist and has better stats and the 20k burn. Can put him up if you'd like.

I finally finished it and got my dragon thanks! Up above I asked if the same group would work with the new green dungeon. Or do I need a different team? ( my team is listed above too!)

Trying to see if I should try the master level.

ToxicAdam

This is probably one of my favorite community threads I have been a part of on GAF. Everyone here is great, helpful but not condescending ... not cliqueish. Keep up the great work.

TimeKillr

This is probably one of my favorite community threads I have been a part of on GAF. Everyone here is great, helpful but not condescending ... not cliqueish. Keep up the great work.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there's no real competition in the game, really. it is incredibly refreshing - I've never seen this on GAF.

Everybody's helping each other! :)

daw840

Resolve always saves your life guaranteed as long as you were above 70% HP before the hit (50% with Orochi). So the strategy is to have as low HP as possible and an autohealer that can heal up 70% of it each round. As long as you never take two hits in one round you are invincible.
Well shit. All I need to evolve my siren is two Sapphilits and a divine indigo mask. If I can use her as my leader and the Viper Orochi as my friend I can put 4 weak blue monsters in and be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom