• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I also did resist + lvl 80+ Ama. You NEED to charge your ripper skills in the first two rounds because the Devils WILL fuck you over with their 1 turn timer. I got 4 in one round and got destroyed on my first run. 1-2 Charge skills: nuke 3 and 4. Charge skills on 5, nuke 6, 7 and 8. The best way to do this.

J0dy77

Will this team with an Odin leader get me through master Wood?

e1ohGmxl.jpg

Really don't want to waste 50 stam. Trying to think if a toytops leader and Ammy might be the better way to go.

Boken

Banned

e1ohGmxl.jpg

Really don't want to waste 50 stam. Trying to think if a toytops leader and Ammy might be the better way to go.

as long as the ammy can heal 2595+ per turn you will be golden

trash might be tough up to the boss with odin, im not really sure tbh - though i suppose you could stall the first floor and get all your dragon abilities up, stall on 5th floor - repeat etc.

TimeKillr

e1ohGmxl.jpg

It's possible but highly unlikely.

You *need* resist in that dungeon. When you face 4 little demons, you're going to die. Often.

The only way to do this with Odin/auto-healer is if you have 3 rippers in your party, and get lucky in the first round. If you can charge up your skills in the first round, you can blow through 2-3-4, charge on 5, blow through 6-7-8-9. It's a nightmare without proper resists.

I know you have 3 rippers there (well, 2 + mechdragon) but it'll be hard. VERY hard. ADK there really isn't useful, his skill will be completely useless. You're better off with a GED, but if you don't have one, at least another ripper.

Your HP is pretty low for this, too. Those demons will rip you apart :(

MicH

You need ~8k HP with a resist to survive. And you need to heal back that in 3 turns. The Siren won't be able to do that.

J0dy77

Thanks for the input, the Siren Odin lineup didn't feel like it was going to work without the dmg behind it.

I'm going to wait for a good Ammy to come online and use either the Green Ripper or Toytops with a dragon team. I think the toytops will take longer but has the advantage of being able to provide some Blue to heart orbs that I won't be using in a green dungeon.

If any more Ammy's have some room on their friend list, please let me know.

Kosh

Mostly what everyone else said. Put your GED as lead, replace the ADK with a white ripper or even a red starter, and bring the best Ama on your friend list.

I used an Enchilada, but it really wasn't necessary. I also used a War Diety Minerva. Her little bomb helped with the devils, it takes one out and it recharges rather quickly, 10 rounds. You could throw her in place of the ADK if you got one. The puzzledragonx database is wrong on WD Minerva, it should be 10x ATK and 10 turns...

ToxicAdam

Yea, if you ran with a Siren/Toytops, they'd just be stealing blue orbs from each other.

Like others have said, you want to get those HPs up in the 8k-10k range.

I did master with Resist and a 98 Ammy helper. It was still pretty dicey with those 4 devils on the same timer.

Lost on expert the first time through, seriously underestimated expert sky dragon. Went back in with resist and a good siren leader.

Adept was easy.

raiot

I did master with Red Ripper as my leader, an 82 Amaterasu as second. Subs: Hades, CDD, CDK, Dark Mechdragon. Health without the second leader: 8200.
It was rather easy, but i had to blow 2 rippers for safety because i got a bad streak with a 4 devil, 4 devil, 5 devil round back to back.
The most important aspect on all these master dungeons is: charge your skills as fast as you can!
If you get impatiant, you pay with 50 lost stamina...

MicH

Whenever I see a King alongside other Metal Dragons, I just say to myself "Yeah, not gonna get that one" :p And then I'll be positively surprised if it drops!

How will this team do in Expert/Master?
506e196049a787ac02b739fcbe935fda.png

I took a similar team in Adept except I went with another GED as friend. Being adept, there really wasn't much danger. I figure this team gives me double resists plus two monsters capable of giving me heal orbs if I need them. If I don't, then I have Gigas who can turn them into red orbs. As people have been saying, I will charge the rippers and get through 3-4 and 6-8.

harrytang

I took a similar team in Adept except I went with another GED as friend. Being adept, there really wasn't much danger. I figure this team gives me double resists plus two monsters capable of giving me heal orbs if I need them. If I don't, then I have Gigas who can turn them into red orbs. As people have been saying, I will charge the rippers and get through 3-4 and 6-8.

i dont think so. no auto healer and 11 turn wait on orb change forever. need a good healer like everyone saying. siren with max skill might do the trick if you can manage hearts and orbs well. maybe if you can one hit everything on expert, but im saying def no to master.

TimeKillr

No healer or orbs to heal = fail in this team. Sorry. Even with double resists, you need that in master.

On Expert you have a shot, though, I think.

I have plenty of Siren friends plus my own (though she is low level - 29 I think). I'll try using her (unless I have an Ammy available) on Master. Expert...I might try the current set up. It's only stamina :).

Does the friends list max out at 50? I have leveled a lot in the last week and it hasn't increased at all.

I believe it stops increasing your friend box as you level at that point but you can buy more slots (1 egg = 5 slots).

Made it to the end of Master running the same team as aboe but with an Ammy instead of the second resist. Not having a ton of luck against the skydragon...

MicH

I would highly suggest using the 10 stones to get 50 more friend spaces. Friend helpers are really important and can take you very far. Example: Amaterasu Ohkamis taking you through the Wood skydragon. Youprobably couldn't have done it without a friend.

I would highly suggest using the 10 stones to get 50 more friend spaces. Friend helpers are really important and can take you very far. Example: Amaterasu Ohkamis taking you through the Wood skydragon. Youprobably couldn't have done it without a friend.

well maybe if everyone wasn't running ADK and Sirens....grrrr :D

I'm taking a break from Metal Dragons, it has been a painful couple weeks. I've only gotten a handful of kings on numerous numerous runs and only 1 or so on the Black Metal. It's just wasted stamina.

only doing it for Pengdra evolves now. If the other ones drop, hurray, but I'm still good for the regular ones. Unless dark/light Pengdras come out...not worrying about Metal Dragon dungeons anymore

Whats your name? I just got a bunch of requests from @ GAF. Can only accept 2 for now.

Kyle@GAF. Thanks again.

J0dy77

Thanks to BFG@GAF for the Ammy helper!!

Thanks Black Flag for the Ammy.

It really seems like it's just the Expert that is that is a lot harder this time around. Master level is around the same if not easier (at least to me). The boss hits for 7785 with 50% resist. I think I can get through this with my Siren and tag a Rainbow keeper along just in case.

Took a couple of stones but I finished all three levels of the wood skydragon dungeon. No drops though, so I will be going back to expert until I get one. Resist-healer seems like a very safe way to go at that level so hopefully it will drop sooner rather than later. I did get a green starter dragon so I have all of those now.

harrytang

Nothing about it on @pad_sexy or the JP PAD site, so I'm gonna call it fake for now.

yeah maybe so. likely wouldnt come to NA anyway, but for the eastern version it's cool if they continue to flesh the game out with fresh content.

with the player base in the millions Gungho certainly in a position market other franchises with the creation of monsters and dungeons. maybe making money off those deals too. pretty neat.

Good point, George. I might have to use Odin if I want to get through master but I'm not sure ill have the damage to clear to the dragon. What was stage 9 like on master? 2x dryads like we had sirens with blue?
2 Mandrakes. I got a Dryad drop on my run. Don't know if they ever appear with identical timers, but they had different counters on my run, so there was no danger with Odin + Healer.

surprised no stones for the down time yesterday, especially since they mentioned compensation on FB.

bet my buddy 5 stones the update would only be delayed only until Tuesday so we'll see what happens with that.
Maybe the compensation will be combined for the down-time plus the 5.0 delay. They didn't give a time table for the delay, so maybe the compensation will take into account how long the delay is.

e1ohGmxl.jpg

I'll buck the trend and say it's definitely doable with that team. I'm confused why TimeKillr said it's highly unlikely, then proceeded to lay out the ideal game plan for that team. As long as the first 2 monsters appear on different timers, or you manage to kill one of them before they can simultaneously attack, it should be auto-pilot mode after that. The only problem could be if the two Mandrakes in battle #9 appear with the same counters, but I don't even know if that's a possibility or not. They had different counters during my run.

edit: It appears the Mandrake's CAN appear with the same timer. So, basically, this team has less than a 50% chance of succeeding, since you have a 50% chance for identical timer Mandrakes in battle #9, and battle #1 is not guaranteed either.

TimeKillr

I'll buck the trend and say it's definitely doable with that team. I'm confused why TimeKillr said it's highly unlikely, then proceeded to lay out the ideal game plan for that team. As long as the first 2 monsters appear on different timers, or you manage to kill one of them before they can simultaneously attack, it should be auto-pilot mode after that. The only problem could be if the two Mandrakes in battle #9 appear with the same counters, but I don't even know if that's a possibility or not. They had different counters during my run.

Well, that's the idea game plan, but with a strong auto-healer + 50% resist.

Odin is cute, but if he can't annihilate the stuff in the first 2 turns, he's dead meat. As in dies within 2 turns - that's what I was saying. If you have 4 rippers it makes it much easier (hence the GED for resist) because then the first round is relatively easy to survive - the problem then is the carbuncles but with 4 rippers it's doable.

The problem with Odin is that if his Siren isn't max skill, there's no way he'll survive with no resists. Even though he'll do 20% damage, that will still push him into half health, and with an Odin he'll actually have too much life to heal it back up, imo.

It's possible, mind you, but I seriously think the fights before will be impossible to beat (minus the 5th round).

Also yes, you can get the carbuncles on the same timer - I did this morning and survived (because of resist instead of Odin). I took an Odin and a auto-healer first thing and discovered even the first round is brutal...

Well, that's the idea game plan, but with a strong auto-healer + 50% resist.

Odin is cute, but if he can't annihilate the stuff in the first 2 turns, he's dead meat. As in dies within 2 turns - that's what I was saying. If you have 4 rippers it makes it much easier (hence the GED for resist) because then the first round is relatively easy to survive - the problem then is the carbuncles but with 4 rippers it's doable.

The problem with Odin is that if his Siren isn't max skill, there's no way he'll survive with no resists. Even though he'll do 20% damage, that will still push him into half health, and with an Odin he'll actually have too much life to heal it back up, imo.

It's possible, mind you, but I seriously think the fights before will be impossible to beat (minus the 5th round).

Also yes, you can get the carbuncles on the same timer - I did this morning and survived (because of resist instead of Odin). I took an Odin and a auto-healer first thing and discovered even the first round is brutal...
You must have miscalculated the bold part, because Odin reduces the boss attack on Master to 3114 damage. And it only attacks every 3 turns, so Siren only needs to be able to heal 1038 HP per turn. The Sky Dragon would be a cake walk. But agreed on everything else, which is why I edited my post above. It's the luck of the draw for whether that team could succeed or not. It has a 50% success rate at best, assuming he can even reliably get past the first round.

Edit: Oh, I see where the misunderstanding is. Are you assuming he'd be using Siren as a sub member? Because I understood it as using both Siren and Odin as leaders.

You must have miscalculated the bold part, because Odin reduces the boss attack on Master to 3114 damage. And it only attacks every 3 turns, so Siren only needs to be able to heal 1038 HP per turn. The Sky Dragon would be a cake walk. But agreed on everything else, which is why I edited my post above. It's the luck of the draw for whether that team could succeed or not. It has a 50% success rate at best, assuming he can even reliably get past the first round.

Edit: Oh, I see where the misunderstanding is. Are you assuming he'd be using Siren as a sub member? Because I understood it as using both Siren and Odin as leaders.

I will say that this team definitely seems viable to me. I am running it right now with my Odin as leader, MVD, Hadar, CDD, GED, and a Siren friend(max skill but I don't think that is even necessary). I will post pictures with levels later but nothing is overly high. It is a little slow on the final fight but totally safe.

EDIT: The 2 Mandrakes on floor 9 were on different timers. Not sure it would have worked quite as well, though if you played floor 5 right you could have Odin and Hadar ready to go on them.

EDIT2: Finished, so I think this is 2xMaster, 2xExpert, 1xAdept and no drop :(. Here's the team I used:
af30f0183ef90dda297160ce4d3afd09.png

Yaari

Speaking of delays to updates, here's one that'll probably delay both 5.1 for Japan and 5.0 for us (if it works on our version too):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJ3dYW-N40

Don't be stupid and try it out yourself; GungHo has permabanned cheaters in the past.

Yeah, that has to be one of the most horrible exploits ever. Pretty much anyone can run a double Anubis team with that.

I do question how they are going to catch the exploiters though. Basically you are just pausing the process of PAD and I doubt they can act on that. I also question if they keep records of how many combos someone scores?

I hate how popular ADK has become. I don't need 40% of my friends being ADK. Bleh :(.

I will say that this team definitely seems viable to me. I am running it right now with my Odin as leader, MVD, Hadar, CDD, GED, and a Siren friend(max skill but I don't think that is even necessary). I will post pictures with levels later but nothing is overly high. It is a little slow on the final fight but totally safe.

EDIT: The 2 Mandrakes on floor 9 were on different timers. Not sure it would have worked quite as well, though if you played floor 5 right you could have Odin and Hadar ready to go on them.
Yeah. If you get different timers on the Mandrakes, it's cake. But if they're on the same timer, it's a dire situation. Even a level 99 Awoken Odin without ATK bonuses, plus Hadar, would only get one Mandrake down to around 72,000 HP. Without ATK multipliers, it's really hard to do that much damage in 2 turns without massive combos.

blackflag

Thank you blackflag! I found this much tougher than the last two and couldn't have done it without your help.

y4ULx7p.jpg

No prob, I think it is tougher, I was doing it this morning and got killed on the 2nd floor because I wasn't really paying that close of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom