• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 10,000 posts everybody :)

Who posted? said:
cpp_is_king 657
ParityBit 490
xelios 458
Cosmo Clock 21 437
Smiley90 418
MMBosstones86 389
Jinko 388
ToxicAdam 370
nicoga3000 352
J0dy77 302
MicH 291
xCobalt 240
blackflag 228
sillymonkey321 222
George Claw M.D. 211

Well shit. All I need to evolve my siren is two Sapphilits and a divine indigo mask. If I can use her as my leader and the Viper Orochi as my friend I can put 4 weak blue monsters in and be good.

That's the team you want. And don't be afraid to keep asking questions, I know I do all the time. As people have been saying, the community here is awesome!

atlantos

Neo Member
Ok....well how about if I moved my siren to my leader? Or maybe used a Siren the Enchanter from my friends list? There's always a bunch of those there.

I read the article. I just don't really have anything that poisons people unfortunately. The entirety of the rest of my monster box is evo and enhance material. Save for the one Lil Red Dragon that I have.

Wouldn't having 2 different double resolve leaders almost make me invincible? Wouldn't it double my chances of surviving if my health hits zero?

Resolve only works if you have more than 70% hp (50% in the case of Viper Orochi). So if you have less then 70% hp... it doesn't matter if you have two resolve leader, you will die... That's why having one resolve and one auto heal is very important. Small HP means you can heal 70% in one turn... So unless you got hit twice in the same round, you will survive. If you see the enemy with the same timer, it is your priority to kill one of them before timer reaches 0.

OTIX

Well shit. All I need to evolve my siren is two Sapphilits and a divine indigo mask. If I can use her as my leader and the Viper Orochi as my friend I can put 4 weak blue monsters in and be good.
Yep, that would be a good team. The alternative is a low lvl ogre leader with a high lvl helper healer but then you'll need to use sapphilits or similar in your team to get the HP low enough.

Personally I always use a Shiva helper for this dungeon but that's a totally different strategy. You should join the Facebook group, their FAQ has a ton of useful strats and info.

ParityBit

490?! I must be addicted!

I just got pummeled in master because in round one I got a stupid amazing chain kill, which tossed me into round two without my rippers charged. Dead real fast and 50 stamina gone :(

TimeKillr

Apparently we should all be looking for the Unicorns come 5.0, because they're stupid awesome, but have a verrrry low spawn rate (like 1% or something)..

If they show up, it's a guaranteed drop. There's one for every color, and their active skill changes all orbs of their color to + orbs, which do 6% damage per orb, or something like that.

They show up in master+ difficulty special dungeons.

I just got pummeled in master because in round one I got a stupid amazing chain kill, which tossed me into round two without my rippers charged. Dead real fast and 50 stamina gone :(

Hate this so much.

Apparently we should all be looking for the Unicorns come 5.0, because they're stupid awesome, but have a verrrry low spawn rate (like 1% or something)..

If they show up, it's a guaranteed drop. There's one for every color, and their active skill changes all orbs of their color to + orbs, which do 6% damage per orb, or something like that.

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be chasing motherfucking unicorns.

maguskain

Finally made it far enough to beat Castle of Satan. Frankly I was surprised I could beat it with a team of Devil Dragon (leader), Viper Orochi, Volcano Dragon, Brachys, Pterados and a Siren helper. Basically took forever...but I will take it.

Looking forward to the Technical Dungeons and some other harder dungeons to beef up my team. This is a great thread and I appreciate being able to read all the great advice

I need a red divine mask. Am I better off trying the mask dungeon and hoping for the right color or running Hyperion lava flow/tech dungeons?

atlantos

Neo Member

Don't worry, I have been trying Master Green Sky Dragon for 4, 5 times and haven't got past round 3 yet... I am trying different combinations to see what works.. It is hard with no recovery and my fire dragons are quite weak... I had no problem beating master Water and Fire Sky Dragons... But This one is pretty tough...

i have been farming Dragons of the tower for xp and dragon plants. since Cruncher and tower flare are destroying me currently. i have only found 3 plants after i dunno 25 runs. jesus, thursday cant come soon enough.

Nista

Woah! Had no idea I had that many posts in this thread. Definitely a personal record. Agreed, the community in this thread is pretty awesome. It actually enhances my experience with this game.

Same for me, though I probably lurk more than post. One of these days I should post my box contents and get advice on teams.

I think most of my time is spent refreshing my healer leader for my friend to run dragon dungeons for xp. ;)

0 for 5 on Rainbow drops now. I wish Keepers dropped in normal or technical dungeons. I basically stopped needing to farm weekly dungeons for Masks or Sprites, but I always need to wait for Tuesday if I need Keepers. 150 stamina and only a few more Light/Dark Keepers to show for it. Could've ran a normal 1.5x dungeon 10+ times and gotten a few +1 eggs, more gold, a rank-up, a Mystic Mask or 2, and maybe even a King Dragon. I'll gain enough stamina to run it one more time before midnight, or I'll have to resort to stamina refills or just wait until next Tuesday. Looks like GungHo figured out a way to neutralize those 4 free stones. =p

TimeKillr

0 for 5 on Rainbow drops now. I wish Keepers dropped in normal or technical dungeons. I basically stopped needing to farm weekly dungeons for Masks or Sprites, but I always need to wait for Tuesday if I need Keepers. 150 stamina and only a few more Light/Dark Keepers to show for it. Could've ran a normal 1.5x dungeon 10+ times and gotten a few +1 eggs, more gold, a rank-up, a Mystic Mask or 2, and maybe even a King Dragon. I'll gain enough stamina to run it one more time before midnight, or I'll have to resort to stamina refills or just wait until next Tuesday. Looks like GungHo figured out a way to neutralize those 4 free stones. =p

That sucks :( I've never ran Rainbow without a drop, so I guess I was very lucky...

Caerith

I need a red divine mask. Am I better off trying the mask dungeon and hoping for the right color or running Hyperion lava flow/tech dungeons?
The mask dungeon is incredibly stingy, so it depends on what else you need. Do you need other divine masks and mystic masks? Or do you need pengdras, + eggs, and experience? Because either way, now that the game knows you need a red divine, you aren't going to get one for a long time.

Get a load of this... dude completely max skilled / max +'d his 6* Hades, and now the game won't let him busty evolve
X4QPGIz.jpg

Caerith

Ah, those. They're 408-417 in the monster book, show up in the sky dragon dungeons. They are Attack types that max at 35, and have one evolution (dragon flower, dragon fruit, mythlit, dub-color-lit, dub-mythlit) that caps at 99 (2.5 mil exp). No leader skill, and their active skill (as described above) is 15 rounds, max 10. Costs 7 at 4*, 18 at 5*.

They are:
  • Phoenix (red) - lvl 99 HP 588, ATK 1443, RCV 506
  • Kraken (blue) - lvl 99 HP 2211, ATK 1629, RCV -100
  • Griffin (green) - lvl 99 HP 635, ATK 1539, RCV 465
  • Unicorn (light) - lvl 99 HP 595, ATK 1419, RCV 500
  • Cerberus (dark) - lvl 99 HP 1955, ATK 1662, RCV -100
Interesting tradeoff, isn't it? Blue and dark get HP but negative RCV, while the others get RCV but crap for HP.

How far can an ADK team take me?

I already have AKD, with CDK, 70 devil dragon, graviton earth, and crystal aurora as my team.

What team should I aim for next?

How far can an ADK team take me?

I already have AKD, with CDK, 70 devil dragon, graviton earth, and crystal aurora as my team.

What team should I aim for next?

That team will get you through most expert and lower dungeons, sometimes with a second ADK, other times you will want a healer or some other monster. I would say it gets you through most of the early technical dungeons and pretty far in the regular ones.

Caerith

So... should I back my file up before the update, or will it probably be fine?

Edit: my Tuesday dungeon is saying 11 minutes to go. I guess the update is sooner than anticipated?

atlantos

Neo Member
That team will get you through most expert and lower dungeons, sometimes with a second ADK, other times you will want a healer or some other monster. I would say it gets you through most of the early technical dungeons and pretty far in the regular ones.

Which level was it that dual ADK team become problematic? I have finished techinical dungeons with ADK team and onto Kronos Forest.. Would it get me past ocean of heaven?

I am at Rhea-Themis Temple and have been having some difficulty with bosses. I'll have to defer to some of the experts here as to what makes those doable. I'd like to know, too :).

Figures. I'm 0 for 6 in Rainbow Keeper drops this week. I'm done for tonight. Hope we have 5.0 tomorrow morning, and a free stamina refill to go with it.

Which level was it that dual ADK team become problematic? I have finished techinical dungeons with ADK team and onto Kronos Forest.. Would it get me past ocean of heaven?
It depends how powerful your party is. An optimal ADK team can beat everything except for the final dungeon, Starlight Sanctuary. But most ADK teams will hit a hard wall after Ocean of Heaven. Ocean of Heaven is the last dungeon before the final tier of normal dungeons start, then the difficulty spikes through the roof, and bosses reach Master special dungeon levels of difficulty.

Caerith

Figures. I'm 0 for 6 in Rainbow Keeper drops this week. I'm done for tonight. Hope we have 5.0 tomorrow morning, and a free stamina refill to go with it.
I hope we get some freebie stones, too. I'm on Android so I only had 23 hours of Tuesday dungeon-- at 11pm, it started saying Wednesday dungeon instead but it wouldn't let me enter it.

It depends how powerful your party is. An optimal ADK team can beat everything except for the final dungeon, Starlight Sanctuary. But most ADK teams will hit a hard wall after Ocean of Heaven. Ocean of Heaven is the last dungeon before the final tier of normal dungeons start, then the difficulty spikes through the roof, and bosses reach Master special dungeon levels of difficulty.
What is the "optimal" ADK team for handling everything but the final dungeon?

razterik

I am at Rhea-Themis Temple and have been having some difficulty with bosses. I'll have to defer to some of the experts here as to what makes those doable. I'd like to know, too :).

Not claiming to be an expert, but it'd help to know what boss you are getting stuck on and what team you are trying to run. If you can take Fafnir at the end of Kronos Forest, I wouldn't think you would struggle too much until Tower to the Sky.

To anyone else who is stuck, feel free to post where you are and what team you are running. Plenty of people with experience around here who can help. =)

raiot

I REALLY hope you safed your data_48.bin BFG!
If not, do it NOW, but in a different folder of your old data_48.bin.

edit: You should be ok, the server just needs your "account info file".

What is the "optimal" ADK team for handling everything but the final dungeon?
Depends on the specific dungeon/boss, and also on player skill. Obviously, there's going to be dual ADK leaders, but the sub members can be fine-tuned for specific bosses. Some bosses, like the Chaos Devil Dragon at the end of Junos Island, you'll need to kill as quickly as possible because you can't survive a single hit from his 20K+ damage attack. So bringing along a Viper Orochi might give you the extra turns needed to kill it before it gets a chance to attack. Some bosses, like the Crystal Aurora Dragon at the end of Frozen Soil of Prosell have low HP but high defense(100,000), so you'll need to bring along a monster with armor break, or otherwise be able to crack that high defense with powerful monsters. So, there is no single optimal team. However(and I could be wrong), I can't think of any combination of sub members that would allow a dual ADK team to defeat Starlight Sanctuary, Zeus in particular. Zeus hits for over 25K damage per turn and has over 5mil HP.

blackflag

Yeah I last updated with iTools last week but when it hung I went and grabbed the data 048 that's on there now.

But it finally started updating again after I turned off update using cellular data, turned off my wifi, then turned it back on. I was just trying shit but it finished. Scared me for a minute.

It's that for android? If so where is that folder? I can't seem to find an easy way to back it up on android!

Also, any idea what's the best way to update for non US users? Wait for someone to get the apk?

It's that for android? If so where is that folder? I can't seem to find an easy way to back it up on android!

Also, any idea what's the best way to update for non US users? Wait for someone to get the apk?

Use Titanium Backup if you're rooted, Carbon if you're not. I'm not familiar with the file structure on Android but it's under a folder titled something like gungho.jp.padEN or something. You might not even need to know where it is depending on the backup program.

Also yeah just wait for somebody to post up the US 5.0 APK.

OTIX

Game is updated and running. New special dungeon with 0 stam cost and 50 waves: Endless Corridors. Hadn't heard about that.

Dawg

I guess. That PAD facebook group usually has them.

Also didn't knew they boosted Tyrannos' skill. He does 20X ATK now

maguskain

No issues with the Android update for me.

I had enough for 1 rare egg and 4 pal egg pulls and got nothing good...oh well. I do like the new functionality where you can do multiple pulls at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom