• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just evolved my Echidna to the red empress. So my only hope for skill ups is the Naga? I've never had one drop in any of her dungeons. Also, do you only get a skill up if you level up?

yes, Naga is your best bet. They dropped from the recent Skydragon of fire dungeon and drop from various other dungeons. Generally, the % of getting a skill up is extremely low.

Skill up and Level up are independent of each.

Radav

Man I can't decide what to do with my stamina now. I'm about to level up. I could try to run through some of the second tier of tech dungeons. I could try to run expert level Skydragon of Water and see if I get lucky with a Mystic Ice Knight or I could run some Expert Mask runs for Mystic Mask drops.

Ultimately what I really need is XP for my stuff but I won't run Metal Dragon Dungeons anymore. Every time I run the metals all I ever get is 5 of the lowest kind which is a complete waste for me. When the dark pengdras get released then I'll be all over them. What are these griffins you guys are talking about? I can't seem to locate them on the JP wiki.

harrytang

Man I can't decide what to do with my stamina now. I'm about to level up. I could try to run through some of the second tier of tech dungeons. I could try to run expert level Skydragon of Water and see if I get lucky with a Mystic Ice Knight or I could run some Expert Mask runs for Mystic Mask drops.

Ultimately what I really need is XP for my stuff but I won't run Metal Dragon Dungeons anymore. Every time I run the metals all I ever get is 5 of the lowest kind which is a complete waste for me. When the dark pengdras get released then I'll be all over them. What are these griffins you guys are talking about? I can't seem to locate them on the JP wiki.

check monster # 401 and 403. these are listed as rare in sky dragon master levels. single appear and always drop. terrible stats but maybe useful with some builds.

harrytang

Is the Ultimate evolution info for the starter dragons in English anywhere?

I can tell you it's a mystic mask, rainbow dub, 2 rainbow keepers and a dragon fruit. this is a busty evo so go through the power up fusion path and not the evo path. can do at any level at 5*.

Radav

I can tell you it's a mystic mask, rainbow dub, 2 rainbow keepers and a dragon fruit. this is a busty evo so go through the power up fusion path and not the evo path. can do at any level at 5*.

Daaaamn that's an expensive evo. I'm debating whether it's worth it to do for my Green and Blue starter dragons.

harrytang

Daaaamn that's an expensive evo. I'm debating whether it's worth it to do for my Green and Blue starter dragons.

if it's really true about the rainbow keeper dungeon being easier then sounds do-able. not sure how many situations I would be using starter dragons though. the rippers seem to fill the roll of a dragon very nicely for now.

massoluk

Banned
Damn that was nerve wrecking, this morning I continued the expert green dragon special thing left over from yesterday. Behold, I caught the dude in golden egg. Then bam, couldn't connect, required update. Thought I may have lost him when the game is updating, phew. Turn out alright.

I have so much shits that were just begging to be evolved right now, but the damn masks, GRRRR. The damn Mystic Mask. Everytime I thought I have the perfect set up with Shiva, I couldn't finish off those bastards on level 3-4, wasting Shiva's skill and getting crushed in the last level.

Damn that was nerve wrecking, this morning I continued the expert green dragon special thing left over from yesterday. Behold, I caught the dude in golden egg. Then bam, couldn't connect, required update. Thought I may have lost him when the game is updating, phew. Turn out alright.

I have so much shits that were just begging to be evolved right now, but the damn masks, GRRRR. The damn Mystic Mask. Everytime I thought I have the perfect set up with Shiva, I couldn't finish off those bastards on level 3-4, wasting Shiva's skill and getting crushed in the last level.

if you can take Shiva + Gigas, you can charge Shiva early and Orb Change if you run out of reds.

My personal setup for Mask dungeon is Shiva + 4 Rippers + Gigas. Ton of flexibility, makes it quite easy.

Yaari

Yeah, really like Egyptian God teams. I love how you can make a more versatile team with it. If you go all blue or all green, most of those teams look exactly the same.

I hope I get my Horus and one day run Ice Hera together with the Jupiter Zeus. Too awesome.

i just tried a resolve teams fucking tanked (as failed, or dropped to the bottom of the river) the expert mask. i will need it by the end of the week to get my adk.

MicH

oh damn. that's good info. thanks for the tip.
yeah, you can basically build a mono-color team around them now. They're just as useful as the Norse Gods, which is pretty impressive (though their stats aren't quite as good as the Gods). So if you don't have a God you can easily build a strong, hardhitting team.

MicH

If my friends Amy is a little weak will I be able to survive green sky dragon if I bring a max skill Siren?
That depends entirely on how high your Sirens RCV is. I find that even my lvl 60 max skill Siren can't recover all the HP needed on Master Skydragon of Wood. And that is even with ~15 + RCV. However with her active skill you can recover the lost HP easily, so it isn't a problem at all. However a lvl <35 Siren can't handle it, I imagine.

J0dy77

If my friends Amy is a little weak will I be able to survive green sky dragon if I bring a max skill Siren?

I did this yesterday. You need a GED Leader or a Toytops for the 50% reduction. With the 50% the boss hits for 7785. I had an Ammy on my list that was around 450 RCV which had me losing HP every few rounds. Using the max skill Siren to cover that extra healing made it no threat. Definitely took longer than with a strong Ammy and another Ripper to replace Siren (also doesn't help that Siren is blue in a green dungeon). Definitely doable.

MicH

No one on my friends list has Shiva, and nor do I T_T. I just failed a resolve-team attempt as well. Stupid masks.
With Resolve you have to be VERY careful. If you're hit twice in the same turn you are dead. You have to kill Masks who are on a sameturn timer fast (well, one of them or two if there's three etc). I can clear it easily without Resolve. It's a good idea to bring Poisoners (Succubus, Neptune) and water orb changers (Mystic Ice Knight). Also ALWAYS save water orbs for the next round.

massoluk

Banned
I totally forgot I have Gigas -_-

That makes thing easier, shit.

My usual team for mask was Archangel, Lilith, some dragons, and friend's Shiva.
I don't know why anyone would try Expert mask without Shiva.

ccbfan

yeah, you can basically build a mono-color team around them now. They're just as useful as the Norse Gods, which is pretty impressive (though their stats aren't quite as good as the Gods). So if you don't have a God you can easily build a strong, hardhitting team.

I can definitely see this especially with a fire team.

I've gotten 1 fire (an extra naga) rare gacha drop in the game so far but I already have a very formidable fire team using the fire starter.

Ultimate Evo Fire starter.
Gigas
Fire swordsman
Enchilada
Not sure about fourth (Fire Golem for HP/Defense, Mech Dragon for HP/Attack, Echilada for Defense/RCV, Siren for RCV/healOrbs)

Partner Shiva.

That's 3x attack, 3x RCV, 1.5x Hp.

Not as good as the dual Indian teams but pretty good especially since its so easy to level Ultimate Evo starters.

MicH

Oh man, check this:

317717_10151488384405238_1869861415_n.jpg

So it seems the monsters by the Final Fantasy artists are in our game after all

SaberVulcan

With Resolve you have to be VERY careful. If you're hit twice in the same turn you are dead. You have to kill Masks who are on a sameturn timer fast (well, one of them or two if there's three etc). I can clear it easily without Resolve. It's a good idea to bring Poisoners (Succubus, Neptune) and water orb changers (Mystic Ice Knight). Also ALWAYS save water orbs for the next round.

Yeah, the last level with the mask who hits every turn killed me. Im basically trying to out-HP the masks with Vritra, 2x dark guardians, resolve ally Thanatos leader (2.5x dark HP), and Enchidna for her skill. The only downside is if I dont get lucky with Dark orbs, since I have no orb changers if the Dark orbs dont fall I cant damage them quick enough and my huge HP pool doesnt matter.

This strategy has worked twice for me, more then anything else which has failed every time, so without Shiva or a Poison seems like my best bet.

From my experience with him in JP his active ignores defense. I think.

Also just realized it probably came from data mining monster book side it doesn't have the normal level information.

Yeah, the last level with the mask who hits every turn killed me. Im basically trying to out-HP the masks with Vritra, 2x dark guardians, resolve ally Thanatos leader (2.5x dark HP), and Enchidna for her skill. The only downside is if I dont get lucky with Dark orbs, since I have no orb changers if the Dark orbs dont fall I cant damage them quick enough and my huge HP pool doesnt matter.

This strategy has worked twice for me, more then anything else which has failed every time, so without Shiva or a Poison seems like my best bet.

and I lend you, my Shiva!

seems like something to do for those with 0 stam that want to keep playing. only a guess. maybe they hoping you spend some money on stones if you playing in game but not getting drops.

the no drops part is strange. It's basically like 'training'. You get nothing tangible from it other than wasted time.

J0dy77

My first new monster of the update!

He's really awesome. Need to level mine and get him ready for a dark team.

Thinking, Vamp, Mech Dragon Dark, CDD, and fill in the blanks after that. So glad I spent the time farming the Vamp. Do need to max his skill though.

Owzers

I'm running out of fun in this game, i sign on daily for the bonus points/friends lists to use me when needed, but i don't enjoy playing the game much anymore. I'm too far into a routine of just using

Damage reducer, nuke dragons, healer, to clear most levels and it's not fun to play like that, yet it's too hard most of the time if you don't.

StMeph

currently on 46/50 of Endless Corridor, but man takes a long time. gotta go to work now :(

after about 35ish its pretty hard

lol

I'm sure that the odds someone spends a Stone to finish the dungeon (49/50!) is non-zero.

And while I don't mean that it's a money grab, or any meaningful source of stone expenditures, the idea that it is possible and non-zero is incredibly amusing to me.

lol

I'm sure that the odds someone spends a Stone to finish the dungeon (49/50!) is non-zero.

And while I don't mean that it's a money grab, or any meaningful source of stone expenditures, the idea that it is possible and non-zero is incredibly amusing to me.

yea im guessing hades/neptune are going to appear soon, and i wont be able to beat either one with this setup

xCobalt

He's really awesome. Need to level mine and get him ready for a dark team.

Thinking, Vamp, Mech Dragon Dark, CDD, and fill in the blanks after that. So glad I spent the time farming the Vamp. Do need to max his skill though.

I'm mostly prepping for 2 heroes. The team I have lined up for that is Loki, Vamp lord, Hera and 2 rainbow keepers. Also relying for someone on my friends list to have loki/vamp lord ready as well or maybe the ultimate evolution of the dark starter.

I'll probably replace the rainbow keepers with CDD and the Mech dragon eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom