• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Gods to look out for" list is pretty easy:
Egyptian: Horus, Isis, Bastet
Greek: all of them

The Ninjas are decent utility monsters for their orb change skills but fall a bit short as leaders.

TimeKillr

The "Gods to look out for" list is pretty easy:
Egyptian: Horus, Isis, Bastet
Greek: all of them

The Ninjas are decent utility monsters for their orb change skills but fall a bit short as leaders.

I saw the white ninja had wood -> light? That is really, *really* good as there are no "element to dark/light" and vice versa so I'm pretty happy. It's my main problem right now. :) It's just sad they're not dragons (lol) as that would've been crazy good in ADK teams.

MicH

Gonna run Skydragon of Water Master over and over and save the dragons for 2x skill up. Hopefully I can max skill it so I can use it for my Lakshmi team

I saw the white ninja had wood -> light? That is really, *really* good as there are no "element to dark/light" and vice versa so I'm pretty happy. It's my main problem right now. :) It's just sad they're not dragons (lol) as that would've been crazy good in ADK teams.
As far as types go I think Kyoku (the water ninja) is the only notable one cause she has really beefy stats for a Healer, only eclipsed by Valk.

xCobalt

Gonna run Skydragon of Water Master over and over and save the dragons for 2x skill up. Hopefully I can max skill it so I can use it for my Lakshmi team

What's your current Lakshmi team? I'm still leveling my monsters but my lineup is: Lakshmi, Ice Mechdragon, Water mech warrior, Siren, and Fenrir Knight.

TimeKillr

Why a Norse godfest? They're not new. Will definitely save all my stones for Greek/Indian godfest (if real).

As much as I'd like more asian gods (Orochi!) and Greek (Neptune) I'll settle for Norse/Egyptian. We don't have any Egyptians, and I'd love an I&I or an Odin...

MicH

What's your current Lakshmi team? I'm still leveling my monsters but my lineup is: Lakshmi, Ice Mechdragon, Water mech warrior, Siren, and Fenrir Knight.
I currently use Lakshmi, Siren, Siegfried the Blue Champion, Fenrir Knight Kamui and Demon Viper Orochi.

I also have two unevolved Neptunes and an Ice Guardian that I plan on evolving and switching in whenever I need poison/HP. And then there's the Skydragon.

J0dy77

*P&D 5.0 Update Extravaganza Event*

Version 5.0 is finally here, and what better way to celebrate than with an AWESOME EVENT starting midnight March 14, 2013 and lasting until Friday the 22.

March 16
Egyptian and Norse Godfest at the Rare Egg Machine

March 17
Special St. Patrick's Day Event featuring Dragon Guardian Dungeon and Emerald Dragons!

March 14-22
- Daily Free Magic Stone
- Double chance to Skill Up
- Increased chance to receive RARE Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine
- 2x drops/1.5x coins at the special daily Dungeons
- 2x drops for KING Metal/Jewel Dragons

Man that's a whole lot of awesome right there. I'll have to look at the god fest to see when to pull. I think I'm most excited about 8 free stones, skill up nightmare solved for a bit, dumping my 25 Pal eggs in 3 pulls instead of 25. Extra king drops.

So much win.

Why a Norse godfest? They're not new. Will definitely save all my stones for Greek/Indian godfest (if real).

Anyone have the link to the theoretical tiering of Monsters right now? Debating if I should dump all my stones tomorrow or wait like Caerith is saying. If Horus, Isis and Bastet are the cream of the crop I'll go for them.

Horus and Isis are Tier 1 for sure, especially because they are very flexible in terms of the team members you can slot in. Bastet is debatably T1/2 depending on whom you ask and what point in the game they're at.

The Greek gods are also top tier, but require work to make them shine because of the color requirement for their leader skills.

I dont think i can run expert mask again until i get my mandrake to alrune status or find a siren and level her up. I got 3 gatchas saved up for next week. Cant Wait... ill probably spend money then too. Shit.

Caerith

I dont think i can run expert mask again until i get my mandrake to alrune status or find a siren and level her up. I got 3 gatchas saved up for next week. Cant Wait... ill probably spend money then too. Shit.
You don't need a healer for expert mask, unless that healer is Lilith and you're bringing her for poison. I run Gigas + 3 succubus + vampire with either poison or Shiva assist. The gigas and vampire are kinda unnecessary though.

If your plan involves getting hit, you need a new plan.

ccbfan

Horus and Isis are Tier 1 for sure, especially because they are very flexible in terms of the team members you can slot in. Bastet is debatably T1/2 depending on whom you ask and what point in the game they're at.

The Greek gods are also top tier, but require work to make them shine because of the color requirement for their leader skills.

Yeah I'm having a huge problem deciding which to go for.

Norse Gods are good but they're not that much better than Ultimate Evo starters when you consider the 1.5 mil vs 4 mil experience difference.

Horus/Isis are arguably the best characters in the game with Baset being great too.

Greek Gods though are all great though. I mean orb change, indian God stats for dark and light and 2xAtk/2xHp for the tri colors.

Greek/Indian have higher chance of something great while Egypt/Norse have chance for the best.

daw840

Oh. Lol. I've got one of those! Well he will be once I level him. Are people rolling with him as the leader and 4 dragons? That would be pretty boss!

OTIX

Oh. Lol. I've got one of those! Well he will be once I level him. Are people rolling with him as the leader and 4 dragons? That would be pretty boss!
And another ADK as helper for 6.25x damage, plus the ADKs are themselves dragons. It's a very powerful team.

LOVE this feature. Just need to remember to use it! Have my Parvati, Shiva, and ADK teams set up.

2 people friended me, but I don't know if they are GAF or not :

'Vagabond'
'XSA!'

anyone know?
Don't know, but I have XSA! as a friend, and s/he usually had a max-level Ami up before the 5.0 update. Looks like s/he's using a Princess Valkyrie right now.

My head is spinning from all these new updates and the list of bonus events coming up starting tomorrow. A couple new things I didn't see mentioned, so don't know if you guys are aware. But there are now new technical dungeons available. And box spaces and friend list can now be expanded further.

J0dy77

Does anyone have a listed breakdown of the gods by heritage? I want to see exactly fits in the Greek , Indian, etc categories and roll on the best chance to fit with my team.

I'm pretty heavy on dragons and blue and black right now with a Valk for some options as well.

Uthred

ADK and the evolved form of four little dragons is probably the most common "decent" team, largely because you can more or less farm the entire thing and it works pretty well

Uthred

Does anyone have a listed breakdown of the gods by heritage? I want to see exactly fits in the Greek , Indian, etc categories and roll on the best chance to fit with my team.

I'm pretty heavy on dragons and blue and black right now with a Valk for some options as well.

Greek

Minerva
Neptune
Ceres
Venus
Hades
Zeus
Hera

Japanese

Kagutsuchi
Orochi
Susanoo
Amaterasu
Yomi

Norse

Odin
Thor
Loki
Freyr
Idunn&Idunna
Freyja

Indian

Shiva
Lakshmi
Parvati
Indra
Vritra

Not sure exactly what gods got added in 5.0

J0dy77

Thanks uthred. Need to find out where the new guys fall now.

Another note to add about the endless dungeon. I saw on the pad forum that the last 10 rounds are supposed to be similar to the Hera dungeon and would be a good barometer for your readiness for Hera farming.

Odin and War Deity Odin don't count as Norse gods and will appear in every Godfest. If you want to get particular you might not want to include Zeus and Hera because they don't appear from rare gacha.

Egyptian
Horus
Isis
Bastet
Ra
Anubis

Greek 5.0
Ares
Hermes
Artemis
Apollo
Persephone

5.0 also added Goemon and Hera Ice with the same stipulations as with Hera and Zeus.

Uthred

Looking at the Japanese wiki these seem to be the 5.0 god additions

Egyptian Gods

Horus
Isis
Bastet
Ra
Anubis

Greek

Ares
Hermes
Artemis
Apollo
Persephone
Hera Blue/Black ult evo

Couldnt see any new Norse or Indian gods but the wiki gets a bit sketchy when it comes to 5.0 stuff it seems

Edit: Scooped. Seems odd that the Greek gods got such a big boost, though Im not sure how useful the new greek gods are

I'm guilty of running ADK a lot. It's really the best option for farming most dungeons. My Shiva team is pretty under-powered so I'm stuck farming for now. Weirdly, I actually need more ADK friends, cause i only have 4 or 5 consistent ones on my list.

You don't need a healer for expert mask, unless that healer is Lilith and you're bringing her for poison. I run Gigas + 3 succubus + vampire with either poison or Shiva assist. The gigas and vampire are kinda unnecessary though.

If your plan involves getting hit, you need a new plan.

Heres my current box, i dont think i have the team to tackle it yet. Have to wait until next week to get my mystic mask for the ADK evolve.
E5WBMpY.jpg

AolY4c8.jpg

blackflag

I'm guilty of running ADK a lot. It's really the best option for farming most dungeons. My Shiva team is pretty under-powered so I'm stuck farming for now. Weirdly, I actually need more ADK friends, cause i only have 4 or 5 consistent ones on my list.

Me too, I have so many possible teams but usually only use adk/adk or Amy/Odin

daw840

Whoever is named Cotton I need you to log in again! I wanna take another run at the Wednesday dungeon.

Or if someone else has a Viper Orochi they wish to let me use.....hint hint.

Yaari

I'll be rolling quite a bit but I only really want Horus. I guess it kind of sucks going into a god event with only a single God in mind (I want Orochi but his raters are lower I guess, I'll not include him, doubt its going to happen).

Caerith

Heres my current box, i dont think i have the team to tackle it yet. Have to wait until next week to get my mystic mask for the ADK evolve.
Do you have a friend with Shiva as a leader? Because I'll give you two fail-safe strategies:

Your team: Gigas leader, fill out the rest of your spots with as much red stuff (Red Dragon, Salamander, Tyrannos) as you can, and go ahead and put your Aurora Dragon in that last spot. Find a friend with Shiva as his leader.

Round 1: 2 demon masks. Target one in case you accidentally combo, then spend ~22 turns building skill. You gain skill by making matches, so you want to make matches of anything but red to keep from clearing the floor too early. Feel free to kill one of the masks whenever you want, but be careful not to accidentally combo and kill the last one until you're ready. (Heal up when you need to.)

As soon as Shiva's skill is ready, prime it and make a match of 3 red orbs to finish this floor.

You'll reach the second floor with Gigas, Red Dragon, Salamander, and Aurora dragon ready to go. The last three are your insurance cards. Your goal from now on is to one-hit kill everything so Shiva's buff doesn't wear off (it wears off if the enemy ever gets a turn).

Floor 2: make a match of 3 red orbs. If you don't have enough reds, make a match of 5 blue orbs. If you can't do either, use Gigas to turn hearts to red.

Floors 3-5: use one of your breath attacks. As long as Shiva's buff is still active, you'll clear the floor.

J0dy77

Odin and War Deity Odin don't count as Norse gods and will appear in every Godfest. If you want to get particular you might not want to include Zeus and Hera because they don't appear from rare gacha.

Egyptian
Horus
Isis
Bastet
Ra
Anubis

Greek 5.0
Ares
Hermes
Artemis
Apollo
Persephone

5.0 also added Goemon and Hera Ice with the same stipulations as with Hera and Zeus.

Can we all agree that those new Egyptian gods are better than the Greek counterparts?

Kuntz

Well problem solved, the update needs half the space on my phone but it's full and i can't install the app on the 4gig sd card inside the phone...

Looks like i'm out.

so I was checking the monster book under options. Looks like were up to like 600ish? And thats all Gods and Dragons?

Thought we were at 400ish before the update. Waiting for PuzzleDragonx.com to fully update with the new stuff

Caerith

Greek

Minerva
Neptune
Ceres
Venus
Hades
Zeus
Hera

Japanese

Kagutsuchi
Orochi
Susanoo
Amaterasu
Yomi

Norse

Odin
Thor
Loki
Freyr
Idunn&Idunna
Freyja

Indian

Shiva
Lakshmi
Parvati
Indra
Vritra

Not sure exactly what gods got added in 5.0
Most of those "Greek" gods are actually Roman. Zeus and Hera have their own thing going on, but Ceres, Minerva, Neptune, and Venus are from the Roman pantheon; Hades should probably have been called Pluto.

I made a breakdown of gods (etc) by element and leader type previously, but I'll append it here:

Color-based buffs:
Red/Blue/Green -
Elemental - 2.5x HP (Shaitan/Undine/Sylph)
Starting Dragon - 2x ATK/RCV (Tyannos/Plesios/Broccoli)
Norse God - 2x ATK/RCV (Freyr/Idunn & Idunna/Freyja)
Greek God - 2x ATK/HP (Ares/Hermes/Artemis)
Indian God - 1.5x ATK/RCV/HP (Shiva/Lakshmi/Parvati)
Roman God - 50% resist to own element + light or dark (Minerva, Neptune, Ceres)

Light/Dark -
Elemental - 2.5x HP (Genie/Thanatos)
"Starting" Dragon - 2x ATK/RCV (Pterados/D'Spinas)
Norse God - 2x ATK/RCV (Thor/Loki)
Greek God - 1.5x ATK/RCV/HP (Apollo/Persephone)
Indian God - 2x ATK for gods & dragons (Indra, Vritra)
"Roman" God - 60% resist to own element OR 50% resist to light/dark (Venus, Hades)

Awoken Gods:
Zeus - 3x damage at full HP
Hera (Dark) - extended time to move orbs
Hera (Blue) - 2.5x ATK for dark element
Odin (Green) - 80% damage reduction at full HP
Deity Odin (Blue) - 2.5x ATK for gods

Egyptian Gods (see Cosmo Clock's breakdown):
Horus (Red) - 4x damage if matching 4 colors
Isis (Blue) - 3x damage is matching 3 colors
Bastet (Green) - 2.5x damage for 4+ combo
Ra (Light) - 6x damage for matching 5 colors
Anubis (Dark) - 10x damage for 10+ combo

Japanese Gods:
Kagatsuchi (Red) - bonus attack after orb match
Orochi (Blue) - 50% resolve
Susano (Green) - 20% damage reduction
Amaterasu (Light) - passive healing with orb change
Yomi (Dark) - extended time to move orbs

Can we all agree that those new Egyptian gods are better than the Greek counterparts?
I dissent. The Egyptian gods lend themselves to hilarious glass cannon combos, sure, but I'd rather use a Zeus or Goemon build for the guaranteed damage than have to rely on luck and skill. Although double Ra or Anubis + Venus/Yomi actives would be a fun one-trick pony.

Greek + Indian for me. HP, ATK, and a little bit of RCV to balance it out. I'll be saving my stones for the Greek fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom