• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget this other nice feature of 5.0 - you can now set up up to 5 different teams! Go to your team screen and you should see a yellow arrow on the side in the middle. Press on that and it takes you to another set up screen. Nice feature, I have set up my Odin team, a low hp resolve team, and an ADK team.

Khar

Today's goals: another Mystic Mask to evolve Parvati.

If it goes like yesterday (0/5 rainbow keeper) then I'll be very sulky later!

It'd be great if we had jewel dragons tomorrow. The 40 maxed pengdras in my monster box are just sitting around waiting to be evolved. I can then use my Parvati team for everyday use -- I'm running into too many dicey moments with my under-levelled bunch to use her right now.

Don't forget this other nice feature of 5.0 - you can now set up up to 5 different teams! Go to your team screen and you should see a yellow arrow on the side in the middle. Press on that and it takes you to another set up screen. Nice feature, I have set up my Odin team, a low hp resolve team, and an ADK team.

LOVE this feature. Just need to remember to use it! Have my Parvati, Shiva, and ADK teams set up.

2 people friended me, but I don't know if they are GAF or not :

'Vagabond'
'XSA!'

anyone know?

lol

I'm sure that the odds someone spends a Stone to finish the dungeon (49/50!) is non-zero.

And while I don't mean that it's a money grab, or any meaningful source of stone expenditures, the idea that it is possible and non-zero is incredibly amusing to me.

Sure enough, 46/50 is Neptune. I was able to do about 50k in one hit, bit that was with huge luck, and wasnt enough to break his D.

Anyway, when you die, it doesnt even give you an option to use a stone to continue. You do, however, get achievements every 5th level you clear

OTIX

Endless dungeon seems like an extreme version of the Hera dungeon but with an extra Zeus at the end. I'm thinking the Valkyrie+Orochi team should be able to clear it. Zeus will take a while but it shouldn't be any harder to stay alive than against Hera or Venus.

I don't think a zombie team could get through the trash waves and an Odin team would have trouble with Hades hitting for 100k+. Maybe Odin with both light and dark resist for Hades/Zeus could do it with double Siren.

Khar

I was almost looking forward to this feature more than the extra monsters.

This means I can set up my Parvati team, my Shiva team, my Odin team, my ADK team and one other. The extra convenience will be so helpful.

J0dy77

I died. I couldnt charge shiva fast enough. I kept comboing and it got me to the second stage.

The key to using shiva is to try and stay mono or dual color. They way the defense for masks works is that no matter how much you attack for each mob is only going to hit for 1 damage per match set. You never want to match 5 when working towards cooldowns. So between the 7-8 round cooldown for the first wave and second wave you should just match one of an off color and not damage the mobs. Use an auto healer as your leader. Bring along any form of rippers you have as well to make sure you don't have issues with burning the waves once you pop shiva's ability.

I died. I couldnt charge shiva fast enough. I kept comboing and it got me to the second stage.

need to run a mono-red team and match anything but red. Bring a Orchi or Echidna to delay if you can, otherwise just take the pain in the first round and remember to heal up

Endless dungeon seems like an extreme version of the Hera dungeon but with an extra Zeus at the end. I'm thinking the Valkyrie+Orochi team should be able to clear it. Zeus will take a while but it shouldn't be any harder to stay alive than against Hera or Venus.

I don't think a zombie team could get through the trash waves and an Odin team would have trouble with Hades hitting for 100k+. Maybe Odin with both light and dark resist for Hades/Zeus could do it with double Siren.

But what's the point if there aren't any drops? Seems like an epic waste of time when you don't have stamina with no payoff.

If you've noticed, the cheevos for Endless Corridor were actually present in US PAD in 4.21 despite the dungeon not actually existing. In Japan it's called the New Endless Corridors - an old version actually cost stamina and dropped Hera at the end, but somebody found an exploit for it and that's why it's the way it is now.

Still get a stone for clearing it, and maybe leaderboard placement?

J0dy77

If you've noticed, the cheevos for Endless Corridor were actually present in US PAD in 4.21 despite the dungeon not actually existing. In Japan it's called the New Endless Corridors - an old version actually cost stamina and dropped Hera at the end, but somebody found an exploit for it and that's why it's the way it is now.

Still get a stone for clearing it, and maybe leaderboard placement?

I kind of like the idea of testing out teams to see what they can handle rather then wasting stamina. I have a Valk team ready evolved but they're all under leveled. Would be interesting to see what it can do in the endless dungeon.

Tower of Saviors (which I like more and more as I play it casually) has a nice spin on this mechanic. They allow for this 50 wave dungeon to be done once per day and you can collect their equivalant to Metal dragons along the way, whatever you collected when you wipe is what you keep.

StMeph

5.0 is giving me the motivation to max level my Great Valkyrie so I can evolve her. She's at 42 now, so it's a long road to 70.

What's the best way to get XP for Light monsters? Just use off-color Pengdras?

blackflag

Anyone find any resources or anything that show the new 5.0 monsters and the new evolves for the old ones? Not sure who I want to evolve first because I don't know what the upgraded abilities are for Gigas, Vampire Lord, Great Valkyrie, etc.

5.0! Feelin' a little overwhelmed. I'm in eager anticipation for a godfest featuring the new gods.

edit: I'm looking for that info too, blackflag. I have heard some information regarding Great Valk, though. Something about how she doesn't gain a lot of stat points across her new evolution form (especiall compared to vamp).

Anyone find any resources or anything that show the new 5.0 monsters and the new evolves for the old ones? Not sure who I want to evolve first because I don't know what the upgraded abilities are for Gigas, Vampire Lord, Great Valkyrie, etc.

I know the Chinese wiki in the first post has a lot of the info but, of course, it is in Chinese. I imagine www.puzzledragonx.com will eventually have the info. They have added some of the monsters to their online book so it should just be a matter of time.

Pacman2k

Any viper orochis have a spot open on their friends list?

I only have one currently and I'm hoping to farm up a lot of those rainbow masks today.

303 245 213

Thanks.

5.0! Feelin' a little overwhelmed. I'm in eager anticipation for a godfest featuring the new gods.

edit: I'm looking for that info too, blackflag. I have heard some information regarding Great Valk, though. Something about how she doesn't gain a lot of stat points across her new evolution form (especiall compared to vamp).
The 6* forms for the Attack Stance monsters still have the same skills and should be evolved. The only gotchas are that 6* Gigas' RCV trends toward like -500 as you level him up, and that 7* Valkyrie is a generally not good idea because her max stats aren't much higher than Great Valkyrie's and the 4m EXP Curve makes it difficult to reach the point where the stat difference actually occurs.

The 6* forms for the Attack Stance monsters still have the same skills and should be evolved. The only gotchas are that 6* Gigas' RCV trends toward like -500 as you level him up, and that 7* Valkyrie is a generally not good idea because her max stats aren't much higher than Great Valkyrie's and the 4m EXP Curve makes it difficult to reach the point where the stat difference actually occurs.

Thanks for confirming, Cosmo. My gigas & Vamp will definitely get leveled (way) ahead of Great Valk.

StMeph

5* G. Valk - http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/白盾の女神·ヴァルキリー?variant=zh-tw
6* Valk - http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/戦乙女·プリンセスヴァルキリー?variant=zh-tw

5* - total stats @ Max (70): 3337
HP 1810
ATK 1050
RCV 477

6* - total stats @ Max (99): 4053
HP 2308
ATK 1189
RCV 556

The Leader skill appears to be identical. Both are listed as sharing the Leader ability: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/ヴァルキリーソウル

Since you mentioned Vampire:

4* - total stats @ Max (70): 3043
HP 1725
ATK 999
RCV 319

5* - total stats @ Max (99): 4477
HP 2796
ATK 1218
RCV 463

Leader skill also unchanged. Shared with: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/暗黒の力

blackflag

Awesome thanks. Definitely leveling evolving both Gigas and Vampire Lord.

Valkyrie can wait since I have a great valkyrie and 2 regular valkyrie and haven't done anything with them.

blackflag

I read somewhere, someone said the Gigas evolve had a -500 RCV. Is that even possible?

Yeah and it's apparently very useful with Goemon.....whatever that is.

I think I'll save all my evolved Pengdras though until godfest in case I get some good stuff. I have like 50.

Kosh

I read somewhere, someone said the Gigas evolve had a -500 RCV. Is that even possible?

Apparently. It's not -500 but it's negative. Might be that low once it's at level 99.

wzwUkaZl.jpg

4 mil for 400 more hp and 100 attack definitely isn't worth it especially on a light monster. Seems pointless. Illustration is pretty boss though.

I really need a CDK I'm on the last level Oceanus Falls and failing twice for each level I beat using a 42 ADK, Naga, and 3 level 20 rippers. Really want to advance as I have 14 stones (want to have three rolls for whenever Godfest comes) and need mystic mask to evolve my Parvati. Is there any other viable team to beat it? I have a Odin and all the rippers.

Yeah and it's apparently very useful with Goemon.....whatever that is.
He's the new Zeus-level monster that came with the Japanese shoguns. His leader skill grants 5x ATK as long as you're at 25% HP or lower. So you take in a party with both leaders as Goemon and two Gigas, let the first trash mob take your HP below the threshold, and enjoy the permanent 25x ATK boost because the Gigases' combined -1000 RCV prevents you from healing any HP.

Even better, they're both Fire monsters. Orb changers good.

Those ancient dragons look like they will be a better version of the rippers. Better stats, better active skill damage, and a shorter cool down. I wonder when they'll come around.

blackflag

He's the new Zeus-level monster that came with the Japanese shoguns. His leader skill grants 5x ATK as long as you're at 25% HP or lower. So you take in a party with both leaders as Goemon and two Gigas, let the first trash mob take your HP below the threshold, and enjoy the permanent 25x ATK boost because the Gigases' combined -1000 RCV prevents you from healing any HP.

Even better, they're both Fire monsters. Orb changers good.

Yeah crazy I just watched this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...P_2T5ecqi4

So you get him from a dungeon like zeus or rare machine?

Choo choo
*P&D 5.0 Update Extravaganza Event*

Version 5.0 is finally here, and what better way to celebrate than with an AWESOME EVENT starting midnight March 14, 2013 and lasting until Friday the 22.

March 16
Egyptian and Norse Godfest at the Rare Egg Machine

March 17
Special St. Patrick's Day Event featuring Dragon Guardian Dungeon and Emerald Dragons!

March 14-22
- Daily Free Magic Stone
- Double chance to Skill Up
- Increased chance to receive RARE Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine
- 2x drops/1.5x coins at the special daily Dungeons
- 2x drops for KING Metal/Jewel Dragons
Now the question becomes how to distribute your stones between the Egyptian and eventual Greek Godfest...

ToxicAdam

Actually the 2x daily dungeon thing excites me the most. lol

I'm thinking about spending all those bonus stones on my friends list. 50 is becoming too limiting.

Choo choo

Now the question becomes how to distribute your stones between the Egyptian and eventual Greek Godfest...

We'll need a list of 'gods to look out for' all these new ones have me confused hah.

Just had 2 Mystic Masks drop in one go....super lucky. Also, just saw that there are now 'conditional dungeons' after Tech dungeons? Saw the first one where no leader skills can be used.

nothanx

Got busy at work and totally forgot I was fighting the blue skydragon. I was going to see if I had access to those conditional dungeons.

Yeah, I think they are going to get a little bit of my money. I'll have to pull a few rares at least which means I will also have to probably add a little more box space. I might also add 1 stone for friend space though I think I still have a little room. Sorry, I typically am one of those ADK guys though right now I have Odin up and running.

Wish the 2x drop would apply to today's dungeon as I could use 5 mystic masks. I'll be happy with 1 (Phoenix Knight evolution), 2 would be good (Fenrir Knight), 4 would be great (Lakshmi), and all 5 would be awesome (Odin, though I am in no hurry to do him). I guess it should get the 2x drop next week. Tomorrow will also mean a bunch of stamina regens so I can get plants - I don't have quite as many pendgras saved up as some people but I believe it is at 25 right now.

Radav

Choo choo

Sweet! I think my plan is going to be to buy the $60 pack of stones. That way I'll have enough stones to make 10 pulls for this one and then 10 pulls for whenever we get the Greek godfest again. Glad to see we're getting increased king drops and evo stuff again. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom