• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a friend with Shiva as a leader? Because I'll give you two fail-safe strategies:

Your team: Gigas leader, fill out the rest of your spots with as much red stuff (Red Dragon, Salamander, Tyrannos) as you can, and go ahead and put your Aurora Dragon in that last spot. Find a friend with Shiva as his leader.

Round 1: 2 demon masks. Target one in case you accidentally combo, then spend ~22 turns building skill. You gain skill by making matches, so you want to make matches of anything but red to keep from clearing the floor too early. Feel free to kill one of the masks whenever you want, but be careful not to accidentally combo and kill the last one until you're ready. (Heal up when you need to.)

As soon as Shiva's skill is ready, prime it and make a match of 3 red orbs to finish this floor.

You'll reach the second floor with Gigas, Red Dragon, Salamander, and Aurora dragon ready to go. The last three are your insurance cards. Your goal from now on is to one-hit kill everything so Shiva's buff doesn't wear off (it wears off if the enemy ever gets a turn).

Floor 2: make a match of 3 red orbs. If you don't have enough reds, make a match of 5 blue orbs. If you can't do either, use Gigas to turn hearts to red.

Floors 3-5: use one of your breath attacks. As long as Shiva's buff is still active, you'll clear the floor.

Woot. I beat it but didnt get a mystic. I ranked up too so i can play again. but now im missing another shiva friend to run through it.

I am very guilty of primarily running an ADK, but I have found he gets used more than any other monster that I have.

Currently, I have a Shiva up (at least I think so with running five different teams). It seems like my friend list went from all siren 5* to ADK.

When do we think a Greek godfest will come up? April? I kind of still want an Odin, and any of the Egyptian gods. I will probably have 5 pulls (maybe 10 if I buy for godfest). Roman gods seem more versatile, but the allure of new is very tough.

J0dy77

I love how were all talking about Greek vs Egyptian gods and what we want and plan on getting tomorrow. The sad sad truth of it that we're all going to roll our 5th ADK, a Siren and Golems. lol

I dissent. The Egyptian gods lend themselves to hilarious glass cannon combos, sure, but I'd rather use a Zeus or Goemon build for the guaranteed damage than have to rely on luck and skill. Although double Ra or Anubis + Venus/Yomi actives would be a fun one-trick pony.

Greek + Indian for me. HP, ATK, and a little bit of RCV to balance it out. I'll be saving my stones for the Greek fest.

It's a coin toss for me, the 2x HP seems amazing and probably a better overall team composition but the Egyptian skills just seem like a lot of fun to play. Very strategic and would work amazing in multi colored dragon team.

atlantos

Neo Member
Most of those "Greek" gods are actually Roman. Zeus and Hera have their own thing going on, but Ceres, Minerva, Neptune, and Venus are from the Roman pantheon; Hades should probably have been called Pluto.

I made a breakdown of gods (etc) by element and leader type previously, but I'll append it here:

Color-based buffs:
Red/Blue/Green -
Elemental - 2.5x HP (Shaitan/Undine/Sylph)
Starting Dragon - 2x ATK/RCV (Tyannos/Plesios/Broccoli)
Norse God - 2x ATK/RCV (Freyr/Idunn & Idunna/Freyja)
Greek God - 2x ATK/HP (Ares/Hermes/Artemis)
Indian God - 1.5x ATK/RCV/HP (Shiva/Lakshmi/Parvati)
Roman God - 50% resist to own element + light or dark (Minerva, Neptune, Ceres)

Light/Dark -
Elemental - 2.5x HP (Genie/Thanatos)
"Starting" Dragon - 2x ATK/RCV (Pterados/D'Spinas)
Norse God - 2x ATK/RCV (Thor/Loki)
Greek God - 1.5x ATK/RCV/HP (Apollo/Persephone)
Indian God - 2.5x ATK for gods & dragons (Indra, Vritra)
"Roman" God - 60% resist to own element OR 50% resist to light/dark (Venus, Hades)

Awoken Gods:
Zeus - 3x damage at full HP
Hera (Dark) - extended time to move orbs
Hera (Blue) - 2.5x ATK for dark element
Odin (Green) - 80% damage reduction at full HP
Deity Odin (Blue) - 2.5x ATK for gods

Egyptian Gods (see Cosmo Clock's breakdown):
Horus (Red) - 4x damage if matching 4 colors
Isis (Blue) - 3x damage is matching 3 colors
Bastet (Green) - 2.5x damage for 4+ combo
Ra (Light) - 6x damage for matching 5 colors
Anubis (Dark) - 10x damage for 10+ combo

Japanese Gods:
Kagatsuchi (Red) - bonus attack after orb match
Orochi (Blue) - 50% resolve
Susano (Green) - 20% damage reduction
Amaterasu (Light) - passive healing with orb change
Yomi (Dark) - extended time to move orbs

I dissent. The Egyptian gods lend themselves to hilarious glass cannon combos, sure, but I'd rather use a Zeus or Goemon build for the guaranteed damage than have to rely on luck and skill. Although double Ra or Anubis + Venus/Yomi actives would be a fun one-trick pony.

Greek + Indian for me. HP, ATK, and a little bit of RCV to balance it out. I'll be saving my stones for the Greek fest.

Do you have active ability list for all the new gods as well? Anyway.. looks like old Roman Gods are a bit useless now because their ability is more for tanking than attack.. I found the later levels really require great attack more than tanking.

With the Egyptian/Norse Godfes combined with the current drop rate bonus for Water monsters, Isis and Idunn & Idunna should have the highest drop rate of all gods this Saturday.

Lumiere

Neo Member
I am very guilty of primarily running an ADK, but I have found he gets used more than any other monster that I have.

Currently, I have a Shiva up (at least I think so with running five different teams). It seems like my friend list went from all siren 5* to ADK.
I always try to leave Shiva up when it's masks/dublits day, but I swear he barely gets used by my friends list. In average I get a lot more pal points when I log in after having left my Siren up.

Slottm

Neo Member
With the Egyptian/Norse Godfes combined with the current drop rate bonus for Water monsters, Isis and Idunn & Idunna should have the highest drop rate of all gods this Saturday.

Oh GC, you are sorely mistaken, my friend! Water week ends on the 15th (friday) it'll be green + norse + egyptian =) GIMME DAT FREYJA

Caerith

Since I have 10 gems, and thus 2 pulls (and chances for more Marine Riders) Do I use them both tomorrow? Or one tomorrow, one later?
I would save both pulls for the Greek fest, but if you have your heart set on Egyptians then I would wait until Saturday. God Fest is the 16th :p

Do you have active ability list for all the new gods as well? Anyway.. looks like old Roman Gods are a bit useless now because their ability is more for tanking than attack.. I found the later levels really require great attack more than tanking.
I don't have a list for active skills. God families usually share similar leader skills (Indra & Vritra not withstanding) but their active skills are all across the board. Like, the Egyptians? Boost all fire orbs (Horus), heal (Isis), change attacks to AoE (Bastet)-- where's the pattern? Greeks at least are all dual orb changers (changing weak + heart to own color).

Romans are still useful. Defense isn't as flashy as offensive combos and massive multipliers, but [dual] resists are still very nice in some situations.

Oh GC, you are sorely mistaken, my friend! Water week ends on the 15th (friday) it'll be green + norse + egyptian =) GIMME DAT FREYJA
Oh really? That's even worse for me then. Already have a Freyja and ... Bastet? Bleh

Freyja combos nicely with Artemis, though. 4x ATK/2x HP/2x RCV. Nice balance of attack and defense.

I forgot that 5.0 also introduces these bomb ass motherfuckers

jAduUee.png

Probably gonna rotate in after they finish up whiskeydragons.

A dragon with a sword? Game over, man. Game over.
A ONE-EYED Dragon with a sword!

Seems like GungHo has a habit of introducing new Dragons that make the old ones obsolete. These only have about 100 less ATK than the Mech Dragons, but are better in every other category: More HP, more RCV, higher potential damage from active skill, leader skill applies to both its element and Dragon-type allies.

A ONE-EYED Dragon with a sword!

Seems like GungHo has a habit of introducing new Dragons that make the old ones obsolete. These only have about 100 less ATK than the Mech Dragons, but are better in every other category: More HP, more RCV, higher potential damage from active skill, leader skill applies to both its element and Dragon-type allies.
Don't worry, they'll just fix the mechdragons by giving them a busty evolution. How long until the power creep forces GH to make tri-elementals?
Fuck yes. Beat the mask level on expert. Now. Where can I get 2 Sapphilits?

Friday dungeon or Dungeon of Water. IMO Friday dungeon always fucking drops everything but the color you need to the Dungeon of Water is better for your sanity even if it is less efficient.

Caerith

Oh so we do not even ow if the Greek fest is going come?
Right. So either GH didn't pay attention during mythology (possible) and the 16th is Egyptian/Greek fest (unlikely), or they're promoting the Egyptians to try to get people using diversified teams instead of just handing out Greeks and saying "these go great with Lakshmi and Parvati."

Don't worry, they'll just fix the mechdragons by giving them a busty evolution. How long until the power creep forces GH to make tri-elementals?
If your first pull wasn't a busty tri-elemental Dragon/God type wearing a hat, you are better off rerolling.
LMAO. Seriously, though. The power creep is ridiculous. ADK was the most powerful team in the game, and relatively easy to assemble using farmable monsters. Then Zeus came around and he was the new hotness, beating ADK's ATK multiplier by a whopping 0.5x ATK! Now, ADK is only as strong as the weakest Egyptian god, and Zeus is as strong as the second weakest. It's ridiculous. Bring-on the tri-, tetra-, and penta-colored monsters! Their character tiles will look like placed bets on a craps table.

Yaari

Don't they usually combine 2 types of Gods in the events? Like last time it was Japanese and Greek? If I recall correctly.

Caerith

Don't they usually combine 2 types of Gods in the events? Like last time it was Japanese and Greek? If I recall correctly.
For all the god fests I've been around for, yeah. So, since they just did "Greek" (Roman), the next one should be Greek and Indian.

I'm so used to quickly dismissing the blue tip screens that pop-up after clearing a dungeon, that I keep forgetting to read what the new ones say. So, I went into the "Others" menu, clicked "Help", then "Useful Info". There are 3 new tips at the bottom.

1) Conditional Dungeon
Conditional Dungeons will appear after you clear specific Technical Dungeons. Teams consist of Monsters satisfying the condition.

2) Ultimate Evo(most of us already knew this one)
Some Monsters Evolve by fusing specific set of Monsters.

3) Your ID(GungHo officially telling us they can reinstate our deleted accounts?)
In case you lose your app data, take a screen shot of the ID Search screen and keep your ID.

Caerith

Awww yeah. Figure I would try one more time. thanks for all three help guys.
Congrats!

I'm so used to quickly dismissing the blue tip screens that pop-up after clearing a dungeon, that I keep forgetting to read what the new ones say. So, I went into the "Others" menu, clicked "Help", then "Useful Info". There are 3 new tips at the bottom.

1) Conditional Dungeon

2) Ultimate Evo(most of us already knew this one)

3) Your ID(GungHo officially telling us they can reinstate our deleted accounts?)
I wondered about that too. I'm sure they can if people have been able to sync accounts across devices.

ToxicAdam

I ended up having to delete my PAD game to get it to update correctly. Luckily I was able to backup and transfer the old info, so I didn't lose it all.

ccbfan

LOL spent all my morning and afternoon stamina on expert mask.

Got no divine mask.

Starting my run to do as many tech dungeons as possible for God fest. First stage got a divine mask. Its crazy how the tech dungeons barely gets harder. Hardest one is probably Castle of Satan in the Abyss.

Quantum

^^

same story for me today, burnt my stamina ran 5 mask expert runs without a divine drop.

did finish Oceanus falls only to be beaten on forest of darkness (first Kronos Forest dungeon)

Caerith

Anyone else having trouble accessing thursday dungeon?
I couldn't access the Wednesday dungeon as of this time last night. I put in a support ticket, but haven't heard back.

Also, I have 11 Sirens on my friend list right now, but not a single blue resist friend?

BlueSteel

I couldn't access the Wednesday dungeon as of this time last night. I put in a support ticket, but haven't heard back.

Also, I have 11 Sirens on my friend list right now, but not a single blue resist friend?

Ah ok. I just need like 100k exp to evolve my blue ripper!

Caerith

Its probably has something to do with daylight savings. It should work in about half an hour.
You can't access either the Wednesday or Thursday dungeons from 11pm PDT to midnight, but at midnight at least it should normalize.

Also, what's the best place to farm for Mermaid?

atlantos

Neo Member
Guys,

Is it possible to skill up Minerva and Kagutsuchi using devils? And if I do and I evolve both, they probably reset their skills?

Caerith

Guys,

Is it possible to skill up Minerva and Kagutsuchi using devils? And if I do and I evolve both, they probably reset their skills?
Minerva, at least, uses Energy Bomb until she busties into Quick Bomb. Devils just use Bomb. Plus her skill changing between ultimate evolutions means, yeah, don't bother.

MicH

Thank God for 2x drop on Thursday dungeon. And I got two Dublits from the Pal machine. Very nice! (And FOUR +eggs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom