• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
"2x King Day!"

*Proceeds to play Ruby dungeon 10 times in a row. Only sees 1 King Ruby in 10 runs.* And it appeared solo. So, 2x a 100% drop?

Oh GungHo. You good. You good.

So was re-reading older posts about the new content.. stumbled upon this:

in 4.X, Vritra gave 1.5x -> 2.0x buff... did they buff him to 1.5 -> 2.5? Tried to look online but the English resources are still saying 2.0 for final form. I have a Vritra who needs just 1 more mask to evolve, and if its 2.5x now I will probably save the resources and hope for the best next week. That buff is pretty considerable.
Yeah. In fact a lot of monsters got buffed. That's not even the only buff they gave Vritra. Now, at 1 HP, its active skill does 100,000 damage instead of 50,000 before.

Radav

"2x King Day!"

*Proceeds to play Ruby dungeon 10 times in a row. Only sees 1 King Ruby in 10 runs.* And it appeared solo. So, 2x a 100% drop?

Yeah this has me thinking we need to petition GungHo to have them change it to 2x increased appearance of kings instead of increased drop rate.

parasight

Pulled 20 PAL eggs and only got one 3 star.... a Fire Demon Mask. I'm just really lucky I guess.

Hopefully this Saturday I have better luck.

SaberVulcan

I have these dark creatures I am working on:
Hadar lvl 30
Loki lvl 8
CDK lvl 46
CDD lvl 26
Vampire Lord lvl 12

I don't have much geared specifically towards them (I have been focusing on green for now) but I do have a little and will hopefully have more tomorrow (and every other day while the event is going on). Which should I focus on leveling?

Vamp lord and Loki both have good leader skills, but Vamp has a superior active, and Loki has better stats. I would say one of those, depending what your team can afford to use.

"2x King Day!"

Yeah. In fact a lot of monsters got buffed. That's not even the only buff they gave Vritra. Now, at 1 HP, its active skill does 100,000 damage instead of 50,000 before.

Oh interesting. Grudge Strike always felt a little lackluster. Running him in a Resolve team will be fun just to pump those out sometimes, heh.

Thursday Dungeon drop x2 means twice the dragon seeds and carbuncles
I have these dark creatures I am working on:
Hadar lvl 30
Loki lvl 8
CDK lvl 46
CDD lvl 26
Vampire Lord lvl 12
Loki first, since he's great with Persephone plus he's getting a busty evo with the Demon type in 5.1, then Vamp Lord.

Thursday Dungeon drop x2 means twice the dragon seeds and carbuncles

Loki first, since he's great with Persephone plus he's getting a busty evo with the Demon type in 5.1, then Vamp Lord.

Would it matter that I don't have a Persephone? I was leaning towards the Vamp Lord since he does have a new evolution.

Anyone think this guy is worth the materials needed? I did just notice that the final evolutoin of the starters are dual colored.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=484

I'd like to see his stats prior to using 2 rainbows, a mystic and a dub.

Trying to figure out why you would do these? Looks like it only adds 100 attack, rest of the stats are the same. Does the DualColor mean they attack twice basically?

(Yes I see the Leader skill change as well)

Would it matter that I don't have a Persephone? I was leaning towards the Vamp Lord since he does have a new evolution.
As a leader, Loki is so much better than Vamp Lord even after the new evolution. Leader skill is 2x ATK and 2x RCV compared to just 2x ATK for Vamp Lord. Though Vamp Lord is still an excellent sub member on a Loki team.

xCobalt

Trying to figure out why you would do these? Looks like it only adds 100 attack, rest of the stats are the same. Does the DualColor mean they attack twice basically?

They do attack twice but the second attack is only 10% power. Technically, its attack power is around 1300.

OTIX

The excellent leader skill is the reason to evolve. In fact, I'm thinking I should have a shot at the endless dungeon once I evolve my plesio.

J0dy77

Is there an advantage to dual color if both colors are the same and there is no resist?

Yes, they'll get the extra attack out of any purple matched orbs.

The excellent leader skill is the reason to evolve. In fact, I'm thinking I should have a shot at the endless dungeon once I evolve my plesio.

Exactly what OTIX was saying. Great leader skill and the dual attack would make these guys very strong.

I was thinking of something like:

Purple Moondragon, Purple Mech, CDD, Vamp, CDK (which I dont have) and not sure what to use for a leader.

If you went the plesios route... could do something like: Plesios leader, Siren, Blue Mech, Blue Ripper another Siren or Viper Orochi and find a good leader friend. What were you thinking about doing with blue Otix?

razterik

So was re-reading older posts about the new content.. stumbled upon this:

in 4.X, Vritra gave 1.5x -> 2.0x buff... did they buff him to 1.5 -> 2.5? Tried to look online but the English resources are still saying 2.0 for final form. I have a Vritra who needs just 1 more mask to evolve, and if its 2.5x now I will probably save the resources and hope for the best next week. That buff is pretty considerable.

It is still 2x. Looking at mine right now. Only his active skill changed.

OTIX

Yes, they'll get the extra attack out of any purple matched orbs.

Exactly what OTIX was saying. Great leader skill and the dual attack would make these guys very strong.

I was thinking of something like:

Purple Moondragon, Purple Mech, CDD, Vamp, CDK (which I dont have) and not sure what to use for a leader.

If you went the plesios route... could do something like: Plesios leader, Siren, Blue Mech, Blue Ripper another Siren or Viper Orochi and find a good leader friend. What were you thinking about doing with blue Otix?
Pretty much yes, it's basically a poor mans Valk+Orochi team.

Plesios
Siren
Siren
Kamui
Lilith
Orochi

With double max skill Siren you can heal every turn. About 8k hp and 4k rcv means you'll always hit 50%. 2x damage with an orb changer and delay will help against trash waves. Works in theory anyway. :)

Gonna need a gazillion sapphilits though.

OK, gave over 200k to my Loki. I'll make him my dark priority followed by Vampire Lord.

I also did this:
d170248caee98683df6db3d3537e422d.png

I still have about 450k in green pendgras I can feed to something. The possibilities:
Fertility Deity Evil Ceres - just to level her up more
Parvati the Golden Goddess - lvl 29
Odin - lvl 22; I have the pieces to evolve him but I still want a little more rank/team points so the increased cost is not too much to handle
Asgard - lvl 30
Fortoytops - lvl 16 (I don't think this is going to be the #1 priority)
ADK - lvl 69; my friends know him as he is my usual leader
ADK - lvl 36; want to pump him up at some point
Cu Chulainn - lvl 20; I know he has a new form...any good?
GED - lvl 36; have the atk over 1000 so I think I am happy with him for now
Alarune - lvl 10 (again, doubt she is high priority)
Brachys - lvl 14 (just got him recently; wasn't going to do much with him but the new ultimate evo is interesting)
Green Dragon - lvl 1 (trying to get a 2nd set of rippers but no big rush)

Any thoughts? I am leaning towards either Odin or the ADK (maybe the lower level one?) as they have been getting the most use.

TimeKillr

Pretty much yes, it's basically a poor mans Valk+Orochi team.

Plesios
Siren
Siren
Kamui
Lilith
Orochi

With double max skill Siren you can heal every turn. About 8k hp and 4k rcv means you'll always hit 50%. 2x damage with an orb changer and delay will help against trash waves. Works in theory anyway. :)

Gonna need a gazillion sapphilits though.

Yeah, my Valk team is essentially that -

Great Valk
Siren (max skill)
Siren (max skill)
Echidna
Lilith
friend Orochi

I can swap the Lilith for another Echidna if I need to, or add another Siren... although I doubt I'd ever need 3 Sirens. I have 3 fully evolved Echidnas though, which is kinda sweet as I can do the continual delay trick (only one attack every I dunno how many turns), it's pretty crazy.

When Zeus comes around, I should be good with my Great Valk team to take it on with no problems. All I'd be missing is an orb changer, but even then the chances of having at least 3 reds is relatively high.

As for Kings, I did 3 runs (I don't really need Emerald at this point, more Ruby, which is there at 6pm for me, so I'll be spending a ton of stones grinding that shit), saw 5 kings, got 3. Definitely changed!

ToxicAdam

I still have about 450k in green pendgras I can feed to something. The possibilities:
Fertility Deity Evil Ceres - just to level her up more
Parvati the Golden Goddess - lvl 29
Odin - lvl 22; I have the pieces to evolve him but I still want a little more rank/team points so the increased cost is not too much to handle
[.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these three. I would lean towards Odin as that amount won't max level him and you will still have some work to go until you can evolve him.

OTIX

Great Valk
Siren (max skill)
Siren (max skill)
Echidna
Lilith
friend Orochi

I can swap the Lilith for another Echidna if I need to, or add another Siren... although I doubt I'd ever need 3 Sirens. I have 3 fully evolved Echidnas though, which is kinda sweet as I can do the continual delay trick (only one attack every I dunno how many turns), it's pretty crazy.

When Zeus comes around, I should be good with my Great Valk team to take it on with no problems. All I'd be missing is an orb changer, but even then the chances of having at least 3 reds is relatively high.
You mean Hera, right? Zeus is a technical dungeon so Orochi won't work too well.

Had a bad run in expert mask yesterday on a sub account. Just needed a divine gold mask, but got wiped with a random Mystic Mask on the first floor.

Once midnight hit, though, I hit the PAL slots and got a bunch of cool crap, a Divine gold included! Just two mythlits tomorrow, and I'll have my Ohkami!!

Yeah, Hera, not Zeus :) I have no idea when she'll come back, though. Hopefully sooner than later...

I'm not 100% sure what I'd need to tackle Zeus, honestly.

What lvls should that Valk team be at? I'm just wondering how far to lvl up each of my members.

ParityBit

Man, I am trying to run plants, but I have no room on my boxes and I do not want to spend gems for space with God Fests around. I have 185 slots. It is all Pendra's and gem dragons. And plants now too.

OTIX

Yeah, Hera, not Zeus :) I have no idea when she'll come back, though. Hopefully sooner than later...

I'm not 100% sure what I'd need to tackle Zeus, honestly.
Yeah, I'm waiting for Hera as well, my resist+Odin team is pretty much ready.

Zeus is very hard. The strategies seem to be about dealing as much damage as possible to reduce the number of stones you need to spend. Something like this:

Vampire Lord leader, Max skill
Hera/Hades
Hera/Hades
CDK
Echidna/Orochi
Zeus helper

Triple gravity, delay and then nuke him down using dark monsters with high multiplier and orb changers. The chimeras on the wave before Zeus are extremely dangerous as well.

TimeKillr

Yeah, I'm waiting for Hera as well, my resist+Odin team is pretty much ready.

Zeus is very hard. The strategies seem to be about dealing as much damage as possible to reduce the number of stones you need to spend. Something like this:

Vampire Lord leader, Max skill
Hera/Hades
Hera/Hades
CDK
Echidna/Orochi
Zeus helper

Triple gravity, delay and then nuke him down using dark monsters with high multiplier and orb changers. The chimeras on the wave before Zeus are extremely dangerous as well.

Well if Hera comes first, I should be easily able to farm 2... But max skill Vamp Lord is another thing, though. Wow. Only thing to skill him up is more Vamps, right?

**EDIT** Ha! Apparently comes on Big Baddies also, which are pretty easy to get... Hmm...

Man, I am trying to run plants, but I have no room on my boxes and I do not want to spend gems for space with God Fests around. I have 185 slots. It is all Pendra's and gem dragons. And plants now too.

can't you evo some of the Pengras to make some quick space? 1 evo clears up 3 spots. That's basically what I've been doing today.

ParityBit

can't you evo some of the Pengras to make some quick space? 1 evo clears up 3 spots. That's basically what I've been doing today.

I only have maxed pendras. If I want to do that I have to hunt new ones to evo, and that uses my plant hunting stamina! Arg. Haha. I know, its a "good" problem to have, but frustrating. Wish I had something to dump all these things into!

i have been rerolling on my phone. i got an adk... i dont know if i should reroll.
If you got him today, he must've come out at level 30, right? He's an excellent first monster, and as others can attest(and complain about =p), there's a ton of ADK helpers available.. I also started out with a level 30 ADK, because there happened to be a Wood event going on when I first started, and he's been amazing from the start to where I currently am. But if I were starting over today, I'd reroll for one of the gods. You can always pick-up a Mystic Stone Knight from the Dragon Guardian Dungeon this Sunday. Since it's a Wood event right now, Parvati, Freyja, and Artemis should all come out at level 30, too. And they can only be gotten from the rare gacha. So, I'd aim for one of those or any other good god that you may pull. But if you don't want to chance having to reroll for hours before another good starter drops, a level 30 ADK is a great start that will take you through much of the game. In fact, I suggest backing up your ADK account file before rerolling, so that if you get tired of rerolling before getting something better, you can always restore the ADK account.

If you got him today, he must've come out at level 30, right? He's an excellent first monster, and as others can attest(and complain about =p), there's a ton of ADK helpers available.. I also started out with a level 30 ADK, because there happened to be a Wood event going on when I first started, and he's been amazing from the start to where I currently am. But if I were starting over today, I'd reroll for one of the gods. You can always pick-up a Mystic Stone Knight from the Dragon Guardian Dungeon this Sunday. Since it's a Wood event right now, Parvati, Freyja, and Artemis should all come out at level 30, too. And they can only be gotten from the rare gacha. So, I'd aim for one of those or any other good god that you may pull. But if you don't want to chance having to reroll for hours before another good starter drops, a level 30 ADK is a great start that will take you through much of the game. In fact, I suggest backing up your ADK account file before rerolling, so that if you get tired of rerolling before getting something better, you can always restore the ADK account.

I was thinking about the back up thing too. My dad has a pretty crappy team and i think having my adk up all the time would help him a lot. im only 90k from evolving my dragon knight to an adk in my other game so.

Well the new Technical dungeons had a little surprise for me. I'm up to "Hill of Iris's Rainbow" right now, and this is what the sub boss had for me. Ran into a couple more evolved Pengdras, but still didn't get any of them to drop through 33 floors of Technical runs.

ANm204f.jpg

ab7wmRN.jpg

TimeKillr

Well the new Technical dungeons had a little surprise for me. I'm up to "Hill of Iris's Rainbow" right now, and this is what the sub boss had for me. Ran into a couple more evolved Pengdras, but still didn't get any of them to drop through 33 floors of Technical runs.

ANm204f.jpg

ab7wmRN.jpg

Apparently this is the best place for farming +eggs, pengdras and xp? It has 500xp/stam for the very first dungeon...

OTIX

Sometimes everything just falls into place. I was having a lot of trouble farming plants because my boxes were so full, about 40 marine goblins waiting to be eaten. My second Mermaid was stuck at max lvl because I didn't have the sapphilits to evolve her and I didn't wanna feed her the goblins and waste the exp. So I decided not to wait for spirits dungeon tomorrow and instead I ran the dungeon of water at half stam. Got two sapphilits in one dungeon! Evolved the Siren, fed her all the goblins and got max skill with the very last batch. So now I have loads of space to farm plants and my Hera team is finished. Feels good man.

J0dy77

Well if Hera comes first, I should be easily able to farm 2... But max skill Vamp Lord is another thing, though. Wow. Only thing to skill him up is more Vamps, right?

**EDIT** Ha! Apparently comes on Big Baddies also, which are pretty easy to get... Hmm...

Big baddies are a pain in the ass. You can get the badies really easily but then you need the glow worm to evolve them. It's a pain. I might spend some time working on this tomorrow with the glow worm event.

Apparently this is the best place for farming +eggs, pengdras and xp? It has 500xp/stam for the very first dungeon...
Not sure where you got that number from, but the first floor of this particular dungeon gives 297exp/stam. Definitely higher than the low-tier Tech dungeons, but not as good as the high tier Normal dungeons. I'm not sure yet which is more efficient. The high tier Normal dungeons during 1.5x events are still better for gold/stam, exp/stam, and +1 eggs. But they obviously don't drop Pengdras. However, for Pengdra farming, I think these new Technical dungeons are definitely better than the low-tier dungeons if you have a team that can farm them easily. I've been breezing through them with my Wood/Dark ADK team. Only adjustment I made was to sub-out my Wind Mech for a Dark Mech in the Fire dungeons. +1 stat eggs seem to drop at a higher rate(which was almost 0 in the low-tier dungeons). You get more gold and exp per stam. And the drops come out at higher levels. Pengdras drop at levels 4-5, and Chimeras drop at levels 4-5 also. So, it only takes a single Chimera to max out a Pengdra, instead of 2. And of course, there's the chance for an evolved Pengdra to drop, but like I said, I haven't gotten one in 33 floors so far, so it seems quite rare. In comparison I get Mystic Masks from the normal dungeons relatively frequently, and King Metal/Gold Dragons less frequently than Mystic Masks, but more frequently than these evolved Pengdras.

Sometimes everything just falls into place. I was having a lot of trouble farming plants because my boxes were so full, about 40 marine goblins waiting to be eaten. My second Mermaid was stuck at max lvl because I didn't have the sapphilits to evolve her and I didn't wanna feed her the goblins and waste the exp. So I decided not to wait for spirits dungeon tomorrow and instead I ran the dungeon of water at half stam. Got two sapphilits in one dungeon! Evolved the Siren, fed her all the goblins and got max skill with the very last batch. So now I have loads of space to farm plants and my Hera team is finished. Feels good man.
I know that feel bro. *hugs*

TimeKillr

Not sure where you got that number from, but the first floor of this particular dungeon gives 297exp/stam. Definitely higher than the low-tier Tech dungeons, but not as good as the high tier Normal dungeons. I'm not sure yet which is more efficient. The high tier Normal dungeons during 1.5x events are still better for gold/stam, exp/stam, and +1 eggs. But they obviously don't drop Pengdras. However, for Pengdra farming, I think these new Technical dungeons are definitely better than the low-tier dungeons if you have a team that can farm them easily. I've been breezing through them with my Wood/Dark ADK team. Only adjustment I made was to sub-out my Wind Mech for a Dark Mech in the Fire dungeons. +1 stat eggs seem to drop at a higher rate(which was almost 0 in the low-tier dungeons). You get more gold and exp per stam. And the drops come out at higher levels. Pengdras drop at levels 4-5, and Chimeras drop at levels 4-5 also. So, it only takes a single Chimera to max out a Pengdra, instead of 2. And of course, there's the chance for an evolved Pengdra to drop, but like I said, I haven't gotten one in 33 floors so far, so it seems quite rare. In comparison I get Mystic Masks from the normal dungeons relatively frequently, and King Metal/Gold Dragons less frequently than Mystic Masks, but more frequently than these evolved Pengdras.

I saw a post on the FB group about that, so I was wondering.

Good to know it's not really worth it then, except still for pengdra farming!

Great Valk
Siren (max skill)
Siren (max skill)
Echidna
Lilith
friend Orochi

As for Kings, I did 3 runs (I don't really need Emerald at this point, more Ruby, which is there at 6pm for me, so I'll be spending a ton of stones grinding that shit), saw 5 kings, got 3. Definitely changed!

Timekillr, what lvl are you aiming for the members of your Hera team?

OTIX

Timekillr, what lvl are you aiming for the members of your Hera team?
Obviously higher stats are better but it shouldn't be super important. If you're careful to charge up Echidna and Orochi the trash waves shouldn't be too dangerous and once you reach the bosses your HP and rcv don't matter at all, as long as you have enough rcv to heal 50% in one heart match you're good.

ParityBit

So somehow (how did I miss this?) when running Sky Dragon of Wood - Expert, I got a Mystic Stone Knight. Is it best to have 2 ADK's, or skill up my one that I have right now?

Obviously higher stats are better but it shouldn't be super important. If you're careful to charge up Echidna and Orochi the trash waves shouldn't be too dangerous and once you reach the bosses your HP and rcv don't matter at all, as long as you have enough rcv to heal 50% in one heart match you're good.

The obsessive part of me wants to max out everyone, but I'll settle for a max-skilled Echidna with all party members sitting at lvl 50. Just wondering if anyone here has ran the hera dungeon with a valk. team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom