• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the new features. I was obviously looking forward to multiple team setups, and the 10 Pal pulls at-a-time option is nice and fast. But one thing I pleasantly discovered that no one mentioned, is that the game returns to the last spot you were at in your monster box while doing fusions. So, if I'm leveling up Wood Pengdras, for example, I don't have to scroll all the way back down to my Wood monsters to level another one. The game returns me right back to where I was previously. Nice!

I've made it all the way to the third floor of Talos's Abyss, but I'm out of stamina and only have 17,306 exp to go for my next rank-up. So, I'm gonna call it a night and rank-up tomorrow. I did run into 5 evolved Pengdras during my Technical Dungeon blitz, but none of them dropped any eggs. However I did get a few +1 stat egg drops. I guess they're more common in the later tech dungeons, because I hardly saw any while farming the low tier dungeons for Pengdras. But I got 5 just progressing through the new tech dungeons. But it's still a much lower rate than farming 1.5x and 2x drop rate dungeons.

raiot

I will put up my Kagetsuchi for the Dragon Plants dungeon. Makes this thing a breeze! Every match -> 3.4k fire dmg to all.

Caerith

Loving the new features. I was obviously looking forward to multiple team setups, and the 10 Pal pulls at-a-time option is nice and fast. But one thing I pleasantly discovered that no one mentioned, is that the game returns to the last spot you were at in your monster box while doing fusions. So, if I'm leveling up Wood Pengdras, for example, I don't have to scroll all the way back down to my Wood monsters to level another one. The game returns me right back to where I was previously. Nice!
I noticed that too.

It also seems that the game is a little slower than before, especially between floors of dungeons. Like, it hangs just before the monsters load on every new floor.

atlantos

Neo Member
Minerva, at least, uses Energy Bomb until she busties into Quick Bomb. Devils just use Bomb. Plus her skill changing between ultimate evolutions means, yeah, don't bother.

Thanks for the info.. So what pet are you guys up skilling in 2x event? I got my sight set on my Siren... What else?

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/14/2013 PDT

Note: PAD is now using Pacific Daylight Time (PDT = GMT-7) so the timetable is also changed from PST to PDT in order to be consistent with it

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
B: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

raiot

Ha, rolled the pal gacha 24 times and got 5 dublits, a mermaid (my 4th...), and my second titan. So... where is Goemon? :)

ParityBit

Ha, rolled the pal gacha 24 times and got 5 dublits, a mermaid (my 4th...), and my second titan. So... where is Goemon? :)

Is today a PAL egg roll day? I have 20 or so I could spin. Of course, I do not have the room for the 20 slimes I will end up getting ...

TimeKillr

God damn I hope I can get a Titan off the pal machine... I've never gotten one and I badly need a Gigas for my fire team :(

In other news, since we have a x2 appearance for Kings today, who's going nuts with farming the jewel dragons? It's prolly gonna cost me a bunch of stones :)

Radav

50 PAL pulls... 1 Rainbow Keeper, 2 High Metal Dragon, 1 Red Keeper, 1 Dub Amelit, 1 Mystic Mask, 1 Wood Pengdra, and 1 Dragon Fruit (lol). Those were all the Stone/Gold eggs I got out of the PAL Machine. Pretty happy. There were a rather large number or lil' dragons which I dont need any more and I got some of the Demon Masks as well.

As for the God Fest this Saturday I'm definitely going to roll in the hopes I get an Egyptian god. Kinda hoping for one of the crazier ones like Ra or Anubis just cause they'd be tough to use and I like the challenge. Since this will coincide with a green event there's a better chance of Parvati and Artemis as well and I'd like to get my hands on one of the 2. I won't be using my whole stash though. I definitely want to save some for the greek gods.

ParityBit

13 PAL pulls ... Ugh

Dub-amelit
Dub-mythlit

Pyro devil, Red Carbuncle, Red Goblin, Red Ogre (x2), Blue carbuncle, Bubblie, Aqua Fighter, Ogre, Divine Azure Mask, Yellow Carbuncle

MicH

Decided to roll the rare gacha as I want pretty much all the Green ones. Got this guy:

b4GWSf9l.jpg

Pretty happy about this!

TimeKillr

Decided to roll the rare gacha as I want pretty much all the Green ones. Got this guy:

b4GWSf9l.jpg

Pretty happy about this!

Ha! Lucky. I want him for my ADK team and my Parvati team... That's just crazy. In a Parvati team he steals off Parvati's skill, but he's still insanely useful.

MicH

But... I don't have a Parvati for a green team :( :p Hope I get her as I have the subs for a good Parv team as well: Cu Chulainn, new ninja guy, ADK, Susano/Ceres/Golem/Fortoytops/Odin/Mechdragon

Radav

But... I don't have a Parvati for a green team :( :p Hope I get her as I have the subs for a good Parv team as well: Cu Chulainn, new ninja guy, ADK, Susano/Ceres/Golem/Fortoytops/Odin/Mechdragon

I'm in the same boat as you. All I need is a Parvati and I'll be able to make a sick Mono-Green Team.

Wondering if I should pull now or now. Here is the current green monsters I have

Parvati (evo')
ADK
MSK
Marine Rider
Robin
Dryad
Skydragon
Brachio
GED

Thoughts? Should I pull now and hope for a green?

MicH

You might as well wait for the God Fest on Saturday. The green event will still be there and you get the added chance for some Gods. I just pulled because I'm extremely impatient :p

Radav

Wondering if I should pull now or now. Here is the current green monsters I have

Parvati (evo')
ADK
MSK
Marine Rider
Robin
Dryad
Skydragon
Brachio
GED

Thoughts? Should I pull now and hope for a green?

I'd say wait till the godfest. There's a higher chance to get something green and if you don't get something green you'd at least have a chance at getting something else pretty badass in the form of an Egyptian or Norse god.

ParityBit

You might as well wait for the God Fest on Saturday. The green event will still be there and you get the added chance for some Gods. I just pulled because I'm extremely impatient :p

I'd say wait till the godfest. There's a higher chance to get something green and if you don't get something green you'd at least have a chance at getting something else pretty badass in the form of an Egyptian or Norse god.

This is tough. Some people say wait for the Greek God fest, but there is the one this Saturday! What to do?! I do not really have any sorta team yet, so on my end I can pull/wait, or whatever.

ToxicAdam

Man, this jewel dragon schedule sucks for me today. I'll only be able to get the Ruby ones and I already have 11 of them sitting in my boxes.

This is tough. Some people say wait for the Greek God fest, but there is the one this Saturday! What to do?! I do not really have any sorta team yet, so on my end I can pull/wait, or whatever.

my thoughts is if you don't have any set 'teams' (aside from ADK), you should have no problems pulling from any godfest. None of my teams were set up until I got lucky with a god pull and started tailoring towards those teams.

Yaari

Even with increased king drops, I still think you'll get more exp on a 2x plant day eventually. The increased rates are definitely nice for the rest of the week though. I dont use any special dungeon on those days.

I still need some colored dragons though, but I guess my main interest goes towards plants today.

TimeKillr

Even with increased king drops, I still think you'll get more exp on a 2x plant day eventually. The increased rates are definitely nice for the rest of the week though. I dont use any special dungeon on those days.

I still need some colored dragons though, but I guess my main interest goes towards plants today.

How would you get more XP on a 2x plant day? Because of plants + pengdras?

You can still do both...

Caerith

Where do those cool looking "historical" dragons drop? Special dungeons?
The "Warring States" pokemon dragons are supposedly from some dungeon nobody's seen yet, might cycle in after the skydragons?

I think GH is serious about the increased king drops. I did the Thursday dungeon and got 0 plants. 2 fruits in the same dungeon, but 0 plants.

Slottm

Neo Member
Goes off your last active team's leader (well, last updated team when the communicating with the server, if it's simply cached it won't have an impact) ie; set it to the team you want the leader of, and just restart yoru game client/log in.

TimeKillr

BTW someone called "San@GAF" sent me a friend request (with a Valkyrie!) but I can't accept it as that person has too many friends already....

17 pal pulls

only things of note
1 divine green mask
1 (+1 RCV) white knight (2*)

and a whole lot of nothing...

maybe I will have better luck on Saturday

The "Warring States" pokemon dragons are supposedly from some dungeon nobody's seen yet, might cycle in after the skydragons?

I think GH is serious about the increased king drops. I did the Thursday dungeon and got 0 plants. 2 fruits in the same dungeon, but 0 plants.

this man. I think i've gotten 5 plants in 5 runs, which is about on par w/ the normal running of the dungeon.

Orca

How do I update the game, playing from Canada? I think I made a US iTunes account to get the game originally - just update that and then sync again?

SaberVulcan

So was re-reading older posts about the new content.. stumbled upon this:

Indian God - 2.5x ATK for gods & dragons (Indra, Vritra)

in 4.X, Vritra gave 1.5x -> 2.0x buff... did they buff him to 1.5 -> 2.5? Tried to look online but the English resources are still saying 2.0 for final form. I have a Vritra who needs just 1 more mask to evolve, and if its 2.5x now I will probably save the resources and hope for the best next week. That buff is pretty considerable.

Did 40 pal pulls. Keeping light keeper, flame keeper, wood keeper, rainbow keeper, dubamelit, and a few bubblies to use for +s. Might feed one of the keepers to my Asgard to try and skill him up - he is close to being maxed but then I have a Midgard to work on and a Jotunn in the works.

Did my Pal pull for the day and got a Double Sapphlit. :D

I also have 11 stones saved up. Should I wait or use them now?

save at least until the godfest on the 16th. absolutely no reason not to wait until at least then.

That fest is Egypt and Norse gods, so there are some people waiting on a Greek-Roman godfest (which is what people are assuming is next).

Note the last time people guessed at the godfest they were guessing Greek-Norse and we got Japan-Indian. (then we had greek and Japanese during the anniversary week)

J0dy77

this man. I think i've gotten 5 plants in 5 runs, which is about on par w/ the normal running of the dungeon.

2X drop just means there is a 2x rate that something will drop per round. Doesn't mean you're going to suddenly get plants 5 in a row. It almost guarantees that every round you're going to see something drop. I ran masks a ton yesterday, had a few runs where I only got one drop in all 5 rounds. With 2x I'd get 5 for 5 but still won't be guaranteed a Mystic Mask, just a better shot at one. This seems to be a common misconception in this thread.

I have these dark creatures I am working on:
Hadar lvl 30
Loki lvl 8
CDK lvl 46
CDD lvl 26
Vampire Lord lvl 12

I don't have much geared specifically towards them (I have been focusing on green for now) but I do have a little and will hopefully have more tomorrow (and every other day while the event is going on). Which should I focus on leveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom