• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Out of 3 runs, I got 2 kings, 1 high, the rest just emerald dragons.

Out of 3 runs of the Thursday dungeon, I got 3 plants.

How's the drop rate for Dragon Guardian - Expert? I figure you generate 144 stamina during the day, plus whatever stamina you bring in, should get me 13 runs. At 3600 exp/run, that's 36k exp so maybe I could level (maybe twice if I time it right), so let's say, optimistically, 16 runs at Dragon Guardian. How many MSKs do you think that will be? And, with 2x skill up, how many ADKs could I max skill from that?

razterik

Out of 3 runs, I got 2 kings, 1 high, the rest just emerald dragons.

Out of 3 runs of the Thursday dungeon, I got 3 plants.

How's the drop rate for Dragon Guardian - Expert? I figure you generate 144 stamina during the day, plus whatever stamina you bring in, should get me 13 runs. At 3600 exp/run, that's 36k exp so maybe I could level (maybe twice if I time it right), so let's say, optimistically, 16 runs at Dragon Guardian. How many MSKs do you think that will be? And, with 2x skill up, how many ADKs could I max skill from that?

Hmm. I'd say it will net you about 7 or 8 MSKs total. With a possible 2x drop rate, it would be closer to 14 or so. With 14, you might get super lucky and max skill one ADK. I wouldn't count on it, though. Of course, my runs last time might have been against the average. I thought I made out pretty well.

Prepare to spend some cash for stamina refills.

Caerith

When skilling, feed one at a time or as many as possible? Can you get more than one skill per feeding?

Also, you know how there's a message saying stones gotten by IAP don't expire? Does that mean stones gotten through normal means do?

When skilling, feed one at a time or as many as possible? Can you get more than one skill per feeding?

Also, you know how there's a message saying stones gotten by IAP don't expire? Does that mean stones gotten through normal means do?

You can get multiple skillups per feeding. There has been limited evidence that skilling up by feeding one at a time has a slightly higher chance for success compared to feeding multiples if a 2x skillup event isn't happening, but.... eh.

BlueSteel

Was running out of space in the monster box, and I got enough exp and materials, so I went on an evolving splurge today:

Icedragon Plesios
Firedragon Tyrannos
Crystal Aurora Dragon
Meteor Volcano Dragon (well almost, waiting on a mythlit)

Now my box seems so bare haha. Next up seems to be Lightning Holy Dragon, CDK (arrg need a keeper of grass)

Is it worth investing in the ultimate starter dragon forms?

Caerith

Is it worth investing in the ultimate starter dragon forms?
I think the starter dragons can be quite useful if you go all in. Their active skill is now 20x attack, you can skill them up with evolved chimeras, and their ultimate evo gains 2x RCV for the leader skill and a second attack, which I think is 10% of their regular attack? (Dual element usually being 30%, but only 10% if same color, IIRC.) So, a maxed Plesios would do like 22k every 10 turns from active skills, but that takes 20 skill ups to get the timer from 30 to 10... and the final stats aren't terribly impressive compared to pretty much any other dragon.

Just needed a Loki to round out my dark team in JP, guess what my first pull of Godfest was... now I'm afraid to use the rest of my pulls

EDIT: Should have trusted my instincts lol

Emalde

Just needed a Loki to round out my dark team in JP, guess what my first pull of Godfest was... now I'm afraid to use the rest of my pulls

EDIT: Should have trusted my instincts lol

Same thing for me, except with Freyja instead of Loki. However I did not follow through with more rolls because I already have an Isis and Horus.

http://i.imgur.com/3AN85Mo.png I can only imagine where this team is going to go in the future.

e: Fell folly to the same habits as Cosmo Clock, but with my 3 rolls I scored a Thor so it wasn't a complete waste.

Cerity

dLZ2T3P.jpg

Any advice on where to take my team? Just working on getting Lillith/ripper dragons up and seeing if it's worth continuing that way.

razterik

Any advice on where to take my team? Just working on getting Lillith/ripper dragons up and seeing if it's worth continuing that way.

Honestly? Reroll on Saturday. Ceres is your only real rare, and she isn't doing much for your team. If you are looking at the long haul, you need some sort of damage modifier leader at least. You aren't far enough in that it will be too much pain to get back where you are, especially if you pull a really nice x% god.

If you aren't interested in that... Sunday's Dragon Guardian dungeon is your best bet to pick up a Mystic Stone Knight, who's final evolved form will help you use your dragons.

http://i.imgur.com/dLZ2T3P.jpg[IMG]

Any advice on where to take my team? Just working on getting Lillith/ripper dragons up and seeing if it's worth continuing that way.[/QUOTE]
Like razterik said, there's the Dragon Guardian dungeon coming up this Sunday. I'd grab as many Mystic Stone Knights as you can. Keep 2 of them, and use the extras for skill-ups. IMO, I wouldn't reroll if I were you. You already have a nice collection going. A couple of ADKs would work nicely with all your Dragons. But you could also go another route, and ultimate evolve your Brachys Dragon into Prachys for 2x ATK and 2x RCV for Wood allies and make your team Prachys/ADK/ADK/Ceres/Graviton Dragon until you acquire other Wood monsters that fit the team better. This would work with a variety of Wood helpers such as another Prachys, Freyja, Artemis, or Parvati. If you didn't know, Ceres can ultimate evolve into either a Wood/Light or Wood/Dark dual resist monster. And you already have a fully-evolved Echidna the Empress which can fit into pretty much any team for her active skill. You have an auto-healer in Archangel, and you have a poisoner in Lilith. You're already setup for a variety of situations. But as for what direction you should focus on right now, you should ultimate evolve your Brachys ASAP. It's gonna take a while to raise any Mystic Stone Knights you get into full blown ADKs. But Prachys will make a nice leader for a mono-Wood team in the meantime.

I'm curious what your main team is right now with such a rainbow of elements. Are you running Archangel as leader with a bunch of ripper Dragons?

Caerith

My first rare pull, way back 30 days ago, was Succubus. I kept her, no regrets even though I scored two more since then. My second rare pull was Angel, who was great when I was just starting out because, seriously, auto-healing. My third rare pull was Alraune, fully evolved, who has been my primary leader ever since, and is the strongest healer of anyone on my friend list (11+ Sirens included) except Yari's level 80-something Amaterasu Ohkami. Alraune has gotten me through damn near everything. ~2000 HP a round, plus the promise that making a heart match = pretty much a full heal, who can resist?

Anyway, I just tried an ADK (w/ Echidna) team for the first time since evolving mine tonight. It's like a chainsaw.

Still gonna evolve my Parvati when I get more evo mats, but I can't complain about the raw speed of overwhelming damage.

MicH

The Wood/Dark Ninjas look to be the new ADK/CDK duo.

Here's his Dark(CDK) counterpart, who also happens to be an Attacker type. What a coincidence!

http://translate.googleusercontent....%94%B5&usg=ALkJrhizKM2N5OmRqH6vkCLI9j5aTPtrxw

Unlike CDK, the Dark Ninja has a much more useful leader skill(1.5x ATK/1.5x HP/1.5x RCV for Attacker types), pretty much like an Indian god ability for Attacker types. So, you can have either Wood or Dark Ninja as a leader depending on the stat multipliers you prefer.
That is awesome! Now I need to get him and make an ultimate Attacker team! The Demons are amazing hitters.

Cerity

Like razterik said, there's the Dragon Guardian dungeon coming up this Sunday. I'd grab as many Mystic Stone Knights as you can. Keep 2 of them, and use the extras for skill-ups. IMO, I wouldn't reroll if I were you. You already have a nice collection going. A couple of ADKs would work nicely with all your Dragons. But you could also go another route, and ultimate evolve your Brachys Dragon into Prachys for 2x ATK and 2x RCV for Wood allies and make your team Prachys/ADK/ADK/Ceres/Graviton Dragon until you acquire other Wood monsters that fit the team better. This would work with a variety of Wood helpers such as another Prachys, Freyja, Artemis, or Parvati. If you didn't know, Ceres can ultimate evolve into either a Wood/Light or Wood/Dark dual resist monster. And you already have a fully-evolved Echidna the Empress which can fit into pretty much any team for her active skill. You have an auto-healer in Archangel, and you have a poisoner in Lilith. You're already setup for a variety of situations. But as for what direction you should focus on right now, you should ultimate evolve your Brachys ASAP. It's gonna take a while to raise any Mystic Stone Knights you get into full blown ADKs. But Prachys will make a nice leader for a mono-Wood team in the meantime.

I'm curious what your main team is right now with such a rainbow of elements. Are you running Archangel as leader with a bunch of ripper Dragons?

Cheers, I'll see how the sunday dungeon goes.

That's pretty much my team now, I've swapped over to plesios/brachys now for the 20x though.

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/15/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

lenni

I'm gonna do 3 pulls. Hope I'll finally get something besides Cupid from the rare gacha...
After that it's more box space. Can't afford to keep putting in stones for 3* healer girls. :/

Probably gonna spend the bulk of my stones on Egyptian Godfest, mainly cause you aren't as forced into a specific monocolor party based on what God you pull compare to the Greek ones.

MicH

Definitely pulling a few times tomorrow. Hoping for Isis or Bastet as well as any Norse God (besides Freyr and Thor who I already have)

TimeKillr

So are we 100% sure that Titans drop from Tower of Giants in the last 2 floors?

I've been farming the hell out of them to no avail. Hell, I got 2 Mermaids in the same amount of time on Voice of the Siren when I was farming for skillups on normal drops, so I have no idea what's going on...

My first rare pull, way back 30 days ago, was Succubus. I kept her, no regrets even though I scored two more since then. My second rare pull was Angel, who was great when I was just starting out because, seriously, auto-healing. My third rare pull was Alraune, fully evolved, who has been my primary leader ever since, and is the strongest healer of anyone on my friend list (11+ Sirens included) except Yari's level 80-something Amaterasu Ohkami. Alraune has gotten me through damn near everything. ~2000 HP a round, plus the promise that making a heart match = pretty much a full heal, who can resist?

Anyway, I just tried an ADK (w/ Echidna) team for the first time since evolving mine tonight. It's like a chainsaw.

Still gonna evolve my Parvati when I get more evo mats, but I can't complain about the raw speed of overwhelming damage.

Glass Chainsaw maybe. I got spoiled with 2xGod teams...the 8-9k HP w/o resist is just dangerous on some dungeons. Started taking Echilada along to give me some more time.

Caerith

Use the same strategy as with Masks Expert. Resolve or Shiva
My personal favorite strategy is Titan (resolve, red) + Lilith/Succubus/Succubus + Echidna + Shiva. Charge up Shiva on floor 1, then pop his skill and match 3x red or dark orbs to sweep the remaining floors. If you somehow screw up and run out of orbs, pop poison and voila. I'll eventually just make it a 4x poison team when I get another Succubus.

So who is hitting the God Fest tomorrow? Or waiting for the next one with the Greek gods? (Rumored?)
The Egyptians strike me as luck/skill-based glass cannon leaders. You can activate 2.5x up through 10x with varying degrees of consistency, but generally you also have to run a team of all 5 colors (and/or a bunch of dual-color pets), but there's no boost to HP or recovery. I already have ADK, so, sorry Bastet, and for the higher ones, well, we're getting Goemon whose 5x can be triggered very reliably.

Norse gods are somewhat more interesting for me since they're getting ultimate evolutions in 5.1, but 5.1 isn't here yet and I have no idea what those ultimate evolutions will be.

I'm (probably) going to wait, just in general. I already have a fledgling green team (just need to level and evolve) and just got my first ADK, so for now I think I should focus on powering up my existing monsters. Besides, I have the basis for a blue team (MIK and Berserk), so I'd be better served by a Greek/Indian god fest that overlaps with a blue gacha week, and by the time that comes around I'll have more stones to pull with.

MicH

So are we 100% sure that Titans drop from Tower of Giants in the last 2 floors?

I've been farming the hell out of them to no avail. Hell, I got 2 Mermaids in the same amount of time on Voice of the Siren when I was farming for skillups on normal drops, so I have no idea what's going on...
My alt got a Titan from one of those levels. Do they do drop

Sweet! Except now my Orochi friends are gone. Lol
Add me, I have him up: 307,846,202

So who is hitting the God Fest tomorrow? Or waiting for the next one with the Greek gods? (Rumored?)

I am hitting up the godfest tomorrow. I have 20 stones between the anniversary week, hitting 60 days, running through a bunch of technical dungeons, and the four stone compensation from earlier in the week (used the 5.0 stones so far to expand my box).

So four pulls, I have no Norse gods, and I have not pulled since the Egyptian gods were made available. I can not lose if I draw one. From all of the godfests, I have pulled a Shiva (yay!), two Susanos (really), and a Kagatsuchi (Lol). I got trolled hard on the last godfest (Echidna 5*, Kag, followed by a bunch of nothing)

I will probably end up spending money if a greek and roman godfest pops up (but not if they work in those Japanese gods again). Greek/Roman and Indian godfest would be nice though.

I should have a Shiva up all day : Friend ID: 399,633,290

Yaari

So the 100$ Gift Card I got from eBay was apparently stolen, because I woke up to a disabled account and the money was gone.

No God Event for me. Yay.

J0dy77

I was able to power through the Expert-Sprites level without Resolve/Shiva. Feelsgood. Used Odin as a leader and Indra as a helper.

The expert masks I could never brute force but the Sprites have always been easier for me. The key to this one is to try and focus on one or two colors so you can make sure you're hitting one mob for max each round. Make sure you have over 12k HP, CDK leader is great for this dungeon.

Sweet! Except now my Orochi friends are gone. Lol

I have my viper up.

Radav

Pretty stoked for tomorrow! Hopefully my luck doesn't betray me and I end up getting crap.

I had pretty decent luck with the expert dungeon today I ran it 3 times this morning and got 3 Dub-Mythlits (2 on 1 run) and a Dub-Amelit plus a few of the others colors. With the stuff I got today plus the ridiculous number of dragon plants I farmed yesterday I have the mats to easily level up and evolve pretty much anything I get from the rare pulls.

I've put up my Shiva for anyone who needs it for the Expert Friday dungeon btw.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I only have 5 stones on my account. I will spend $22 tomorrow for 6 rolls.. BUT THAT'S IT FOR A YEAR. It's all or nothing on those 7 rolls.

Radav

I only have 5 stones on my account. I will spend $22 tomorrow for 6 rolls.. BUT THAT'S IT FOR A YEAR. It's all or nothing on those 7 rolls.

Hehe yeah, I basically treated 5.0 like I was buying a new game. I spent $60 and plan to spend half the rolls tomorrow and save the rest for whenever they have a greek godfest again. Then after that it'll just be hording stones for a good long while.

MicH

So the 100$ Gift Card I got from eBay was apparently stolen, because I woke up to a disabled account and the money was gone.

No God Event for me. Yay.
Damn. That fucking sucks. Is there nothing you can do? Contact Apple?

If you ever feel like buying stones again (if you plan on still playing?) I can recommend Jerrycards.com. That's where I get mine.

Got more of a strategy question.

How do you guys go about dungeons when you have a predominantly mono-colored team? Do you tailor teams to dungeons, or just run with what you have?

I have a Parvati, Shiva, ADK team and I pretty much use them in that order. I'm not at the point where dungeons contains multiple elements and I don't seem to be preparing all that well. Hyperion Lava Flow is just destroying me on Ifrit (and thats when I get past the Earth Dragons).

Just looking for some general strategies you guys use when you are trying to clear dungeons (not so much farm)

Yaari

Damn. That fucking sucks. Is there nothing you can do? Contact Apple?

If you ever feel like buying stones again (if you plan on still playing?) I can recommend Jerrycards.com. That's where I get mine.

Yeah I contacted Apple, they told me to go to eBay do dispute the sale. I cant really do much because I dont actually have the cards, just the numbers.

JerryCards is good yeah, a bit expensive. I recently went to http://www.itunesandpsncards.com/ who was quite a bit cheaper.

I didnt think much of it at first, the site sounded kind of shady, but they had pretty huge following on Facebook, so its legit.

But yeah, it sucks. Hope PayPal can give me the money back atleast. No more eBay for me as far as Giftcards go.

ToxicAdam

How do you guys go about dungeons when you have a predominantly mono-colored team? Do you tailor teams to dungeons, or just run with what you have?

I rolled through all those dual-dungeons with Odin + dual resist leaders and a few strong healers among my team.

The hardest part was continually finding dual resisters on my friends list to run with. Almost every one of those dungeons have a Toy dragon that is the perfect combo of resist to match it.

So, you will find if you run with a Flame Drall on that level, you will have a much easier go of it.

J0dy77

And right on queue I bricked the expert sprite dungeon. I ran a mostly blue team and the board was almost entirely blue. Crashed through the first two round and was nowhere near Third Eye being charged.

How does everyone avoid clearing the first two round? I'm thinking I may want to take really under level characters to avoid one shotting everything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got more of a strategy question.

I have a Parvati, Shiva, ADK team and I pretty much use them in that order. I'm not at the point where dungeons contains multiple elements and I don't seem to be preparing all that well. Hyperion Lava Flow is just destroying me on Ifrit (and thats when I get past the Earth Dragons).

Just looking for some general strategies you guys use when you are trying to clear dungeons (not so much farm)

I use my ADK team for nearly everything but master/legend stuff. You can just plow through so much.

ToxicAdam

I've never had Shiva work for me on the Sprites. I've had better luck with bringing Dragons/Gods and running along with Indra/Vitra to double my HPs. Maybe bring along Enchida or a Rainbow Keeper to buy me some time on the last level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom