• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaberVulcan

The obsessive part of me wants to max out everyone, but I'll settle for a max-skilled Echidna with all party members sitting at lvl 50. Just wondering if anyone here has ran the hera dungeon with a valk. team...

Somewhat off topic, but whats the best method for farming Naga to level Echidna up?

Somewhat off topic, but whats the best method for farming Naga to level Echidna up?

I've heard that JP version has featured an Enchilada dungeon. For us so far, though, we recently had the Fire Skydragon dungeon where she was a boss for the two harder difficulties. She might have been a drop in the Red Mechdragon dungeon, too. I'm not sure because I was just getting started when they were rotating the mechdragon dungeons, and I was way too underleveled to take them on.

Caerith

So was re-reading older posts about the new content.. stumbled upon this:

in 4.X, Vritra gave 1.5x -> 2.0x buff... did they buff him to 1.5 -> 2.5? Tried to look online but the English resources are still saying 2.0 for final form. I have a Vritra who needs just 1 more mask to evolve, and if its 2.5x now I will probably save the resources and hope for the best next week. That buff is pretty considerable.
Oh, my bad. I hadn't paid as much attention to Indra/Vrtra because I was more concerned with the same-element leader skills when I put that together. Fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

maguskain

Occasionally I have run into (and been 1-hit by) monsters with a speech bubble-thingy that says "strong". Does that signify anything other than the obvious?

2 of your own ADKs is plenty. If you're running with another ADK helper, that would be already be 3 ADKs, which is what I normally run with. I'll sometimes sub-out my second ADK for another monster depending on dungeon, but I've never felt like I needed a fourth ADK in my party. Even if you're leading with Parvati or Freyja, I think 2 is plenty, because the other 2 slots could better be used by monsters like Cu Chulainn, Parvati, Susano, Ceres, Wind Mech, etc..

Heh. Looks like I finally got an evolved Pengdra drop from the last floor of the final "regular" Technical dungeon.

5mu3FV5.jpg

And it looks like the "conditional" Technical dungeons start after that. "No Leader Skill" This should be fun.

5MPCL3u.jpg

daw840

Was I reading something that if you do a regular power up fusion with a specific set or monsters it evolves your monster to something else? How does that work?

The obsessive part of me wants to max out everyone, but I'll settle for a max-skilled Echidna with all party members sitting at lvl 50. Just wondering if anyone here has ran the hera dungeon with a valk. team...
There is a 0-stone clear involving a Valk team for Hera, but it kind of involves three max skilled Echidnas.

Was I reading something that if you do a regular power up fusion with a specific set or monsters it evolves your monster to something else? How does that work?

That's right, these are called ultimate evolutions. I think they are also referred to as busty evolutions. I know there was a link to a page with pretty much all of them somewhere in the last few pages. To do this, you go to the power up fusion page, select the monster, add the ingredients, and fuse. The game will give you a choice of doing a regular fusion which will just use the ingredients and give you the xp, or you can evolve your monster into another form. I believe all of these give your monster a second color but the team cost requirement also increases.

OTIX

There is a 0-stone clear involving a Valk team for Hera, but it kind of involves three max skilled Echidnas.
The usual Valk team uses two max skilled Sirens, they produce enough hearts to do one heal each round (for Venus/Hera) if you're careful. The echidna/Orochi are backup when you have bad luck.

I've dropped at least 60 stamina failing running normal dungeons for stones in the last two days. Is it possible to beat Kronos Forest with a ADK team? I currently use a level 42 ADK and level 10-40 rainbow rippers as subs and am getting nowhere, really wish I had a CDK.

Should I just give up until I get one and level up my green team? I have a max Parvati just need the mask, a 7 Ceres, a 11 Susano, and a Marine Rider.

penatence

Got bored today and did a pull hoping for a new member for my green team, and ended up getting a amaterasu. Ive already got a level 50ish or so max skill siren, so is it even worth all the work it would take to get her up to snuff? All those off colored pengdras I would have to feed her would be much better used on other monsters I would think.

MicH

So a team to defeat Hera is usually a Valk resolve team? Hmm, I pretty much have a team then.. 2x Siren, Echidna and Lillith as subs? So my max skilled Harpie Demon is a waste? :( :p (well, not max skilled anymore since I evolved him, but still..).

OTIX

I've dropped at least 60 stamina failing running normal dungeons for stones in the last two days. Is it possible to beat Kronos Forest with a ADK team? I currently use a level 42 ADK and level 10-40 rainbow rippers as subs and am getting nowhere, really wish I had a CDK.

Should I just give up until I get one and level up my green team? I have a max Parvati just need the mask, a 7 Ceres, a 11 Susano, and a Marine Rider.
It depends on what dragons you have. A green/dark ADK team can get very far even at a fairly low level. If you don't have a CDK then try to use as much green as possible, no red dragons. An echidna can help a lot if you can't kill a certain boss fast enough. Also make sure to combo properly when you use an orb change on a boss, separate the green orbs into as many separate matches as possible, that aren't touching each other. If you put them all in one or two big matches then the damage will be crap. Try to get rid of useless gems (blue and hearts in my case) before the boss fights and try to save some good gems (green/red). And it doesn't hurt to look up the boss stats on puzzledragonx.com in advance.

It depends on what dragons you have. A green/dark ADK team can get very far even at a fairly low level. If you don't have a CDK then try to use as much green as possible, no red dragons. An echidna can help a lot if you can't kill a certain boss fast enough. Also make sure to combo properly when you use an orb change on a boss, separate the green orbs into as many separate matches as possible, that aren't touching each other. If you put them all in one or two big matches then the damage will be crap. Try to get rid of useless gems (blue and hearts in my case) before the boss fights and try to save some good gems (green/red). And it doesn't hurt to look up the boss stats on puzzledragonx.com in advance.
I have all the rippers except Water and a max Naga. Also have a Dark Mech but only have 96 team cost right now. I just wiped again on the Salamanders think I'll give it a rest and just grind penguins until I get a CDK or level up my naga/get other dragons. I'll just focus on the green team.

daw840

That's right, these are called ultimate evolutions. I think they are also referred to as busty evolutions. I know there was a link to a page with pretty much all of them somewhere in the last few pages. To do this, you go to the power up fusion page, select the monster, add the ingredients, and fuse. The game will give you a choice of doing a regular fusion which will just use the ingredients and give you the xp, or you can evolve your monster into another form. I believe all of these give your monster a second color but the team cost requirement also increases.

Damn it...I've gone 10 pages back searching for the word ultimate and I can't find it. Anyone have a link to this?

J0dy77

Heh. Looks like I finally got an evolved Pengdra drop from the last floor of the final "regular" Technical dungeon.

And it looks like the "conditional" Technical dungeons start after that. "No Leader Skill" This should be fun.

Wow! Looks like I need to start focusing on the Tech dungeons.

J0dy77

Damn it...I've gone 10 pages back searching for the word ultimate and I can't find it. Anyone have a link to this?

Take a look at the PAD Database Monster Book:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp

Any of the mobs that have the evolution path that has an arrow going down and says "Final Evolution" is in this category. Here was the first and only final evo I completed, that was a good day (Even if the monster isn't that good):

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=341

J0dy77

The usual Valk team uses two max skilled Sirens, they produce enough hearts to do one heal each round (for Venus/Hera) if you're careful. The echidna/Orochi are backup when you have bad luck.

Otix, do you have some sources I can read up on the Hera strats and specifically the Valk team? I was playing my Valk team in endless dungeon yesterday and didn't like the inclusion of Lilith. I'm thinking two ench would be better and easier to generate damage.

The Valk team is really great but I'm finding the extreme lack of HP to be a problem. Trying to think of how to get around that.

Otix, do you have some sources I can read up on the Hera strats and specifically the Valk team? I was playing my Valk team in endless dungeon yesterday and didn't like the inclusion of Lilith. I'm thinking two ench would be better and easier to generate damage.

The Valk team is really great but I'm finding the extreme lack of HP to be a problem. Trying to think of how to get around that.

http://puzzledragonsus.blogspot.com/2012/12/hera-descended-goddess-of-darkness.html

Regarding endless dungeon, I'm loving it. Good for practice. You're gonna need poison to crack Neptune.

TimeKillr

Oookay this was an insane hour.

Ruby dragons came up in my group (C) and I just did a bunch of runs.

As in WAAAY too many. I spent like... 3 stones, got one level so I did a lot.

I come out of it with 32 evolved pengdras (lol) 7 kings and 8 mediums. A pretty nice haul!

So evolutions:
I got an evolved Shiva, an evolved Freyr and an evolved Kagutsuchi (for farming purposes! god damn I love farming shit with him, especially when I'm doing tower of giants.. works through levels so damn fast...)

OTIX

You need the poison for Neptune. Low HP is kind of necessary since you will need to heal 50% every round against Venus and Hera. Here is a good link but there are more strats linked in the Facebook group FAQ. http://bit.ly/R2dkBu

Edit: beaten :)

MicH

So I just found out that my green Ninja guy gets 2x ATK and HP to Attacker type allies when evolved. And that is pretty cool. I could build a team consisting of some Riders and Demons and perhaps some of the new monsters like the Griffen, Cerberus and Unicorn as well as some of the Crystal Defenders monsters. All are Attacker types. Pretty cool, would be cool to experiment with.

razterik

You can certainly switch to the green team, it will carry you quite far past Kronos Forest. You will have to drop quite a bit of experience into those monsters though to get them up to snuff. Once you evolve Parvati, drop your friend code here. Quite a few fellow users around.

If you are going to focus on the ADK team, you really need at least 3 orb changing dragons. Including the friend leader, you'd be looking at something like 3xADK or 2xADK+CDK. Otherwise, I think it's a little hard to consistently put out enough damage to push through higher dungeons unless your other subs are leveled up a lot.

J0dy77

http://puzzledragonsus.blogspot.com/2012/12/hera-descended-goddess-of-darkness.html

Regarding endless dungeon, I'm loving it. Good for practice. You're gonna need poison to crack Neptune.

You need the poison for Neptune. Low HP is kind of necessary since you will need to heal 50% every round against Venus and Hera. Here is a good link but there are more strats linked in the Facebook group FAQ. http://bit.ly/R2dkBu

Edit: beaten :)

Thanks to you both, completely forgot about that blog. I read it right when I was starting the game and was nowhere near ready for it. The real problem I have with the Valk team is finding acceptable leaders. My list is thin on other Valks and Vipers.

This 5.0 patch has got me really thinking about teams. What does everyone think of this:

Final Evolution Plesios leader for 2 RCV and Atk for Blue
Max Siren
Max Siren
Viper Orochi
Fenrir

Not sure on the final leader.

Edit: I need to make a fake facebook account or something. Looks like this game and the information there might be reason to finally get me to try it.

SaberVulcan

So since everyone here has a hardon for ADK, and the Knights in general, is there any easy way to get the knights or is it basically rare machine + expert mechdragon runs?

Looking into my Vritra team, seems like the black Knights will be really useful being a Dragon + Orb changer.

razterik

Thanks to you both, completely forgot about that blog. I read it right when I was starting the game and was nowhere near ready for it.

This 5.0 patch has got me really thinking about teams. What does everyone think of this:

Max Siren
Max Siren
Viper Orochi
Fenrir

Edit: I need to make a fake facebook account or something. Looks like this game and the information there might be reason to finally get me to try it.

It's not bad, but your HP and ATK will be pretty low. And two Sirens and 2x RCV seems like a lot of RCV for that team.

razterik

So since everyone here has a hardon for ADK, and the Knights in general, is there any easy way to get the knights or is it basically rare machine + expert mechdragon runs?

Looking into my Vritra team, seems like the black Knights will be really useful being a Dragon + Orb changer.

You are in luck. Sunday has the Dragon Guardian dungeon returning. Mystic stone knights drop with frequency there.

atlantos

Neo Member
Question...

I got an option of levelling up red sky dragon or my starter dragon to beat the Green Sky Dragon on Master... Which one should I level up?

My starter dragon is L44 and My Sky is around L17

Caerith

Max Siren
Max Siren
Viper Orochi
Fenrir

It's not bad, but your HP and ATK will be pretty low. And two Sirens and 2x RCV seems like a lot of RCV for that team.
2x ATK isn't bad, per se. A Lakshmi/Lakshmi team only has 2.25x ATK, but it also has 2.25x HP and RCV. To emulate that, you'd just need to find a friend with an HP modifier. I posted this previously, but I think it might help to mix and match:

Red/Blue/Green -
Elemental - 2.5x HP (Shaitan/Undine/Sylph)
Starting Dragon - 2x ATK/RCV (Tyannos/Plesios/Broccoli)
Norse God - 2x ATK/RCV (Freyr/Idunn & Idunna/Freyja)
Greek God - 2x ATK/HP (Ares/Hermes/Artemis)
Indian God - 1.5x ATK/RCV/HP (Shiva/Lakshmi/Parvati)
Roman God - 50% resist to own element + light or dark (Minerva, Neptune, Ceres)
If you're going with busty Plesios for your leader, then find a friend with an Undine (2.5x HP) or a Hermes (2x ATK/HP) to give you a final balance of 2x ATK/RCV 2.5x HP (Plesios/Undine) or 4x ATK 2x RCV/HP (Plesios/Hermes). Even a Plesios/Lakshmi might work, giving you 3x ATK/RCV and 1.5x HP.

I agree with Raz about your Sirens. With a RCV modifier, and they're already a Healer type who creates hearts, you're going to be more than adequately covered on healing in most cases. Maybe replace one with Mech Warrior Midgard for his 5k HP and defense skill?

J0dy77

Good points about the blue team. I was using 2 siren because that is what's available in my box. My problem is that I keep focusing on 10 different monsters instead of one overall team.

I have the Valk team evolved and even the viper on my iPad that's close to max level. Going to focus on getting that team primed for Hera.

Caerith

I need some advice on my next step.

I have 1 Keeper of Green and 2 Mystic Masks. I have a Parvati ready to evolve, just missing a Mythlit, and I have a Dragon Knight ready to evolve into ADK, just missing an Emelit. I'm not holding my breath on the PAL machine giving me extra keepers or masks, since so far it's just given me goblins.

Who should I evolve?

My goal is to clear the normal and tech dungeons as far as possible, ideally even Ocean of Heaven so I can farm more mystic masks.

My (A)DK is min-skilled, and I have Blue/Green/Black Rippers (and am almost done making my White and Red). I have RGB Sky Dragons as well, but haven't leveled them.

For a Parvati team, I have the (A)DK above, 7* Holy Ceres, Alraune, sky dragon, and ripper. No ninja, no Cu Chulainn.

atlantos

Neo Member
I need some advice on my next step.

I have 1 Keeper of Green and 2 Mystic Masks. I have a Parvati ready to evolve, just missing a Mythlit, and I have a Dragon Knight ready to evolve into ADK, just missing an Emelit. I'm not holding my breath on the PAL machine giving me extra keepers or masks, since so far it's just given me goblins.

Who should I evolve?

My goal is to clear the normal and tech dungeons as far as possible, ideally even Ocean of Heaven so I can farm more mystic masks.

My (A)DK is min-skilled, and I have Blue/Green/Black Rippers (and am almost done making my White and Red). I have RGB Sky Dragons as well, but haven't leveled them.

For a Parvati team, I have the (A)DK above, 7* Holy Ceres, Alraune, sky dragon, and ripper. No ninja, no Cu Chulainn.

Not sure which level you are but I have completed Kronos Forest and All of Technical Dungeons from Version 4.2 with a ADK team and Echidna the Red Empress as sub. My aim is to get to ocean of heaven as well... ADK team is quite strong but it is a bit of a risk to use them... my win ratio is about 70 to 80% with that team... Not sure if I answered your question but I only have the option of ADK team as the moment. My Lakshmi not leveled to build my blue team and not a lot of people are using Lakshmi as their leader... Plenty of people are running ADK team all the time. And ADK is quite useful as a sub as well.

I've made it to "Beauty" in Tower to the Sky using an ADK team, sometimes using echidna to buy some time. I don't know how I'm gonna beat this one. Maybe I just need more levels.

I've made it to "Beauty" in Tower to the Sky using an ADK team, sometimes using echidna to buy some time. I don't know how I'm gonna beat this one. Maybe I just need more levels.

I can not remember but I did Beauty in tower to the sky with either a dark focused ADK team (dark mech, d'spinas, dark ripper, siren) or with my Siren + Odin (with dark dragons).

So I just found out that my green Ninja guy gets 2x ATK and HP to Attacker type allies when evolved. And that is pretty cool. I could build a team consisting of some Riders and Demons and perhaps some of the new monsters like the Griffen, Cerberus and Unicorn as well as some of the Crystal Defenders monsters. All are Attacker types. Pretty cool, would be cool to experiment with.
The Wood/Dark Ninjas look to be the new ADK/CDK duo.

Here's his Dark(CDK) counterpart, who also happens to be an Attacker type. What a coincidence!

http://translate.googleusercontent....%94%B5&usg=ALkJrhizKM2N5OmRqH6vkCLI9j5aTPtrxw

Unlike CDK, the Dark Ninja has a much more useful leader skill(1.5x ATK/1.5x HP/1.5x RCV for Attacker types), pretty much like an Indian god ability for Attacker types. So, you can have either Wood or Dark Ninja as a leader depending on the stat multipliers you prefer.

The Dragon Guardian dungeon will be coming back around this Sunday. It's purely a dungeon for farming Mystic Stone Knights, which evolve into ADKs. Combined with the 2x skill-up event, it's great opportunity for people to get of couple and max out their skills. If GungHo is nice enough to make it a 2x drop rate, that's even better.

I'm still waiting for the Dark Knight dungeon. Need to skill-up my CDKs.

razterik

2x ATK isn't bad, per se. A Lakshmi/Lakshmi team only has 2.25x ATK, but it also has 2.25x HP and RCV. To emulate that, you'd just need to find a friend with an HP modifier. I posted this previously, but I think it might help to mix and match:

If you're going with busty Plesios for your leader, then find a friend with an Undine (2.5x HP) or a Hermes (2x ATK/HP) to give you a final balance of 2x ATK/RCV 2.5x HP (Plesios/Undine) or 4x ATK 2x RCV/HP (Plesios/Hermes). Even a Plesios/Lakshmi might work, giving you 3x ATK/RCV and 1.5x HP.

Sorry, I mostly meant that two Sirens and his blue choices weren't going to be knocking down many doors with their combined ATK stats. The modifier was fine. Although pairing up with an Undine seems curious. I don't think I have personally seen anyone running one as a leader in the last two months. It's hard to tell someone to build a team around the idea of pairing up with leader monsters that nobody seems to use. Maybe that will change with 5.0, though. That might actually be my main complaint about PAD -- it's fun to experiment with different teams, but if you build something that needs specific leaders, you are entirely at the mercy of how popular that leader is among your friend list.

Caerith

Sorry, I mostly meant that two Sirens and his blue choices weren't going to be knocking down many doors with their combined ATK stats. The modifier was fine. Although pairing up with an Undine seems curious. I don't think I have personally seen anyone running one as a leader in the last two months. It's hard to tell someone to build a team around the idea of pairing up with leader monsters that nobody seems to use. Maybe that will change with 5.0, though. That might actually be my main complaint about PAD -- it's fun to experiment with different teams, but if you build something that needs specific leaders, you are entirely at the mercy of how popular that leader is among your friend list.
True, they're not the most popular of leaders and there's no reason to use Undine if you could use Hermes instead. The elementals did get buffed in 5.0, but their base stats are still pretty weak so who knows why anyone would use them except, maybe, for their active skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom