• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

I mean I need a strategy to get around the damage. I currently do not possess any friends with Odin and/or a way to reduce Light damage.

Do you have an evolved Ogre (trivial to farm) or Titan? A Resolve team is the generally accepted way to go for Keepers.

What he said, but also Keeper of Rainbow is dark damage.

There are really only a handful of strategies for dealing with high damage:
  1. Resolve (one leader as an ogre, Titan, or Viper Orochi)
  2. Odin (if 80% damage reduction is enough)
  3. Resistance (if you have enough HP to take a hit through it)
  4. Crapload of HP and healing
  5. Enough damage that you can kill it before it hits you.
  6. Spending magic stones every time you die and just whittling it away little by little.
So, take your pick. Resolve is the easiest, ogres are practically vendor trash. Finding a friend with Odin works too, but you're not out of options if that isn't an option.

Oh, and if you choose #6, I will lose all respect for you.

Caerith

I wish poison was stackable. I mean, if you have Lilith put poison on a boss and it does 1k/round, then 10 rounds later her skill is up again, why not let her double down and make it do 2k/round, then 3k, 4k, etc? It's not like it'll make fights any easier-- if you survived long enough to use any skill twice, you're going to win unless you fall asleep-- but it would really cut down on the tedium of some fights.

daw840

I want to make my CDD a double dark dragon...anyone have the recipe?

Edit: I'm on my phone and can't really look at the wiki.

J0dy77

Was bored today and after Cosmo's earlier comments motivated me... Made this video of the Friday dungeon using the Mono Blue / Resolve team I was talking about earlier. This strat is really simple and zero risk involved for the most part. Only risk is running out of blue orbs. If you have 2 mystic knights it would be even easier.

I was going to do another one with a red / resolve team to show off shiva tactic. Could save us from answering the same questions.

(side note: think I had karma running with me on this one, very good luck in the dungeon... won't spoil the surprise.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4OvSYAhTp8&feature=youtu.be

Let me know what you guys think, should i make more?

Specific timestamp?
It's more the fact that a PAD stream existed on Twitch :p
Was bored today and after Cosmo's earlier comments motivated me... Made this video of the Friday dungeon using the Mono Blue / Resolve team I was talking about earlier. This strat is really simple and zero risk involved for the most part. Only risk is running out of blue orbs. If you have 2 mystic knights it would be even easier.

I was going to do another one with a red / resolve team to show off shiva tactic. Could save us from answering the same questions.

(side note: think I had karma running with me on this one, very good luck in the dungeon... won't spoil the surprise.)

I'm more a fan of brief, well-commented/annotated videos, but that's a bit difficult to do with a Resolve team, heh. What did you use to record?

Caerith

Does a monster need to be max level to do a final evo?
Nope, but you gotta user power up fusion to do final evo (just make sure the button is glowing yellow).

Nice. And nice luck. I think doing a Shiva version would be beneficial, maybe put an explanation of the strategy in the description though?

SaberVulcan

Useful, thanks. If I could use a friends Viper I will give this a shot, otherwise I will have to use some form of Red team as my Resolve leader is a Titan. Or I just grab a random Blue ogre.

Edit: Question for you phone users of this, do you use your fingers or a stylus? I feel I should start using a stylus, as my hand blocks some of the screen and I cant always do good combos (like what j0dy did at times)

Caerith

Useful, thanks. If I could use a friends Viper I will give this a shot, otherwise I will have to use some form of Red team as my Resolve leader is a Titan. Or I just grab a random Blue ogre.

Edit: Question for you phone users of this, do you use your fingers or a stylus? I feel I should start using a stylus, as my hand blocks some of the screen and I cant always do good combos (like what j0dy did at times)
It's a tradeoff. My hand blocks my view (and sometimes, hilariously, I find I'm moving the wrong orb), but the traction on the stylus slows me down, so I don't use a stylus. Especially with dogfes coming up, you should be in the habit of giving PAD the finger.

J0dy77

It's more the fact that a PAD stream existed on Twitch :p

I'm more a fan of brief, well-commented/annotated videos, but that's a bit difficult to do with a Resolve team, heh. What did you use to record?

Completely agree. This was just something I threw together in a couple minutes to let people see what we're talking about. I'll flesh out the description more to explain it.

Used a program called Reflector that allows you to mirror to your pc and record on there. It did a pretty decent job.

Nope, but you gotta user power up fusion to do final evo (just make sure the button is glowing yellow).

Nice. And nice luck. I think doing a Shiva version would be beneficial, maybe put an explanation of the strategy in the description though?

Running real low on stam. Should be able to try a shiva Titan run tonight to show what that's about. I'll include a Lilith to show how poison works.

J0dy77

Does a monster need to be max level to do a final evo?

It does not. It can be done at anytime through the powerup fusion screen.

I just use my thumb. I dont have much trouble, might just be used to it after playing for a while. Biggest problem for me is forgetting what color orb I have under my finger at times.

Completely agree. This was just something I threw together in a couple minutes to let people see what we're talking about. I'll flesh out the description more to explain it.

Used a program called Reflector that allows you to mirror to your pc and record on there. It did a pretty decent job.

Hmm yeah okay. The stream from before was using AirServer, which worked okay up to a certain point then kept crashing.

I know some people use Kagutsuchi for quickly clearing the lower tier Sprite dungeon, but I just wanted to remind people that you could also use Echidna. A lot of people forget about her leader skill, because 99% of the time she's used for her active skill. I've been pulling a bunch of Slimes from the Pal machine, so I played the Sprite dungeon a few times to evolve the Slimes for skill-ups.

Can't wait for tomorrow to spend 10 gems on 2 pulls! I hope I get something good and serviceable this time.

team Marine Rider!

I know some people use Kagutsuchi for quickly clearing the lower tier Sprite dungeon, but I just wanted to remind people that you could also use Echidna. A lot of people forget about her leader skill, because 99% of the time she's used for her active skill. I've been pulling a bunch of Slimes from the Pal machine, so I played the Sprite dungeon a few times to evolve the Slimes for skill-ups.

Found that out today. super helpful!

God fest in Japan right now so I pulled once and got this guy...

http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/1437.html Way too many monsters, my box is now up to 140 or 145 or something and I only have 15 empty spaces to work with (not counting evo materials I don't want to sell)
That just reminded me that in 5.0 the Toy Dragons' base forms now all have active skills. So, they don't need to be evolved to be used for skill-ups, anymore.

ToxicAdam

Had enough for one pull ....

lniYYfO.jpg

Cool ... 6 star god.

parasight

1. Naga (3rd one now)
CDirMVO.jpg

3. Sylph (2nd one)

I'm pretty damn happy about Ammy. So not a total waste. Was just hoping for a new monster from 5.0

MicH

I got

Horus
Anubis
Ceres (my fourth....)
Indra (second)
Thor (second)
Freyja
Freyr x2 (had one already)
Loki 6*
ADK
Green Odin (second lol)
Titan (oh YEAH)
... And so much crap x.x Never gotten that much crap in a God Fest before

Overall pretty happy. Got a Freyja, so I can make a great green team (since Parvati still eludes me). Got Titan for Fire team. And Horus is pretty cool!

Also happy I got Loki - he's even evolved!

People with far more restraint than I might have told you to stop rolling once you got Horus, but you're pretty much set for 5.0 and likely 5.1 as well now.

blackflag

More like trollfest

2x salamander
2x shardra n
3x vampire
2 x red knight
1x mermaid
1x Anubis
1x Bastet
1x freyr

This may have been it for me. I can't believe how shitty their system is

BlueSteel

I spent an ungodly amount on stones and came up with this:

The good:
Horus
Artemis
Ra
Odin
Verche

The meh:
Dragonette
Beast Rider
Dark Golem

The Ugly:
The countless rolls I've done.

I wanted Odin and Horus, and I now have some good monsters for any team I want to run... But man I'm done with stone buying. Saved up 6 and will used the rest of any free stones stamina/box stuff, but that's it from me. I complained about how many stones I used before... Welp, better set an ultimatum and stop before I spend any more. You guys should give me massive crap if I purchase another set.

Thanks. I actually just ran with an Anubis for the first time and got a 10x combo on my second round. It was a ridiculous amount of overkill.

Holy shit, cpp. That's the best luck I've ever seen.

Eh, would have preferred 1 horus, 1 bastet, and then some others like persephone etc. not much use for 3 horus, lol. Plus i pulled like 30 times. Only pulled so much because i bought too many cards when staples had the 20% deal. Dont think ill pull again for a long time (if ever), back to just using stones for stamina

ToxicAdam

If you guys haven't learned from xelios yet, then I doubt there is much our warnings can do for ya. :p

Oh cpp, I thought you were posting everything you pulled.

MicH

Yeah, also done buying stones for a long, long time. I have most if what I want now and see no reason to pull anymore. Happy with what I've gotten :)

Also, Horus is that good? Can't wait to try him out. I also forgot to mention that I got Apollo. Freaking happy about that!!!

6 pulls:
isis
toytops
siren (bitch, where were you 3 months ago)
thor
thor 6*
undine

is there are greek light god?

Greek light god is Apollo, who instead of giving 2xHP/2xATK like the red/blue/green ones gives 1.5x to all stats. So that magical 2x/4x/2x setup becomes a less impressive 1.5x/3x/3x.

I was debating whether or not to skip this Godfes, because the only thing I actually wanted was Loki, and who knows how many pulls that would take or if I ever even got one. Decided to do up to 10 pulls for the hell of it and pulled a 5* Loki on my eighth pull! I thanked the PAD gods and took it as a sign to stop while I'm ahead. I could just smell that Fairlion waiting to pop-out. Not this time, sucker!

My full pull list:

1. Ra (I'll mess around in the endless dungeon and see how consistent I am with it, but this has huge potential)
  2. Freyja level 30 +1 (my second one)
  3. Thanatos (my second one)
  4. Drall (fed to my Flare Drall, but no skill-up)
  5. Titan +1 (will feed to my ADK)
  6. Idunn & Idunna +1 (my second one)
  7. Pierdra (fed to my Drawn Joker, but no skill-up)
  8. Loki +1 (not the 6* one, but I'm happy)

5 4 out of 8 pulls being gold eggs is a damn fine Super Rare ratio. It almost tempted me to pull some more, but I need to maintain self-discipline. I got what I wanted in 8 pulls. Can't get greedy. It can wait for the Greek event.

edit: 4 gold eggs, not 5. I thought Thanatos was gold but it's silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom