• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Loki is an excellent Dark team leader. Paired with another Loki you get 4x ATK and 4x RCV. That's incredible! Use Vampire Lord, Yomi, CDK and Vritra/Dark Mrvh/Lillith/Anubis/many other choices as subs and you're golden!

Exactly what Mich said. Not sure what you're expecting Parity but those are some great rolls. It's not like you're pulling third titans. Ra and Idunn are really nice and Loki is great for a dark team.

Well the Ra and Idunn are. But I don't use that account anymore, I just pulled because I had the free stones. (I would have been happy if they were on my real account!)

As for Loki, I guess I could start a dark team. Only dark creatures I have is Tiamat, Chaos dragon dragon, and Mechdragon Hadar.

Kosh

More Pulls

11. Naga (Dupe) +RCV Ama eats today!
12. Earth Guardian, no words.
13. Anubis finally a new one. Lot of luck involved.
14. MDK (Dupe+) Got a skillup on feed.
15. MSK (Dupe+++) No skillup
16. Echidna (Dupe+) No skillup
17. Horus Yay! Got a super on a 3 Ruby Pengdra. Should have him evolved later if I have time.
18. Naga (Dupe+++) No skillup
19. Cupid (Dupe) No skillup
20. Dark Golem... bleh!

I'm on call this weekend, it's busy, and already guaranteed 33 hours of overtime tfor the week. Need to pay for these stones somehow.

Yaari

So after yesterday's horrible shit with the 100$ Giftcard, Apple told me my account would get unlocked. I also got a message from my eBay seller that he would refund me.

So I went ahead and bought a new giftcard, and when I was about to get my stones, I got a new lovely message from iTunes. Apparently the next step is now that I'll have to verify my adress. Which also won't be pretty considering I am not a US citizen and apparently they absolutely don't like that.

So I'm probably losing that credit for real now.

I did have 7 rolls with my regular stones and got only a single god. I&I.

Made a new account in which I pulled Horus on a 3th roll. Will probably keep that account at hand as an alternative. If anyone is going to main a Horus and wants to add me please do; trying to make an all Horus friendlist, its going to be awesome.

SaberVulcan

And my luck is:

Toytops (Dupe)
Loki+
Vampire
Mystic Ice Knight+ (Dupe)
Loki (...)
Anubis
Mermaid (Dupe)
Sylph
Freyja (30)

Still lauging over 2 Lokis.

daw840

Trying to start my ADK team. Still need to evolve my dragon knight and get a lil blue dragon to start evolving. Then I'll be good.

Nista

Well this is what I got with rolls today:

Mystic ice and wood knight (dupes)
Echidna (dupe)
Fairlio
Horus
Bastet
Water Deity Holy Isis

The three Egyptian gods seem pretty cool.

SaberVulcan

Hrm. So, since ADK teams are so popular due to the power/frequency of Dragon monsters, I know in 5.0 the other types got some love... would it be worth leveling up this second Ice Knight and possibly build a Technique team?

Kreed

Today's Pulls:

1) Mermaid (Already have two Max Sirens so pretty useless)
2) Highlander
3) Mystic Light Knight (Already have Verche, still need Mystic Ice)
4) Idunn & Idunna (Should be useful for my water team, so I'm happy with this one)
5) Fairlio (These things should be regulated to the Pal Machine)
6) Machine Golem (not sure on this one)

How hard is the Tri color master dungeon? There a specific kind of team I should go in with?

When I did this dungeon I went pure defense with a healer and Odin and a Rainbow Keeper to pad out my HP. It's also a risky strategy if you get attacked more than once in a turn (Rainbow Keeper's skill does help with this), but other than the three Dragons on floor nine I didn't have much of a problem staying healed and keeping Odin's defense up.

That said a ADK strategy is definitely more fun that this, either that or one of the new God Monsters like Isis.

Echidna (dupe)
Fairlio
Horus
Bastet
Water Deity Holy Isis

Those three god monsters are really great pulls. I have two friends with Isis and the combo multiplier is incredibly useful, especially when combined with another attack multiplier leader (Horus and Isis' leader skills work best on multi colored teams, you need at least three different colored monsters for Isis and four for Horus).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You guys are like the kids who get everything on Christmas! I had 2 pulls on each device...

iPad (I do not really play this anymore. It's just support)
  • Ra
  • Idunn & Idunna, Twin Godessess

Phone (The one I play all the time)
  • Susano (again!?!)
  • Loki

Le' sigh

And this is why I will never put a cent into this game, and it's randomness.

I love these kinds of posts.

ParityBit

I love these kinds of posts.

Me too! :)

Once again, you missed the point. My good rolls were on the WRONG account. I don't play that one. So once again the game is trolling me! But I think I may pick up some gems and see if I can blind side it. Sneak up on it! Works in video games usually.

KuroNeeko

Today's Pulls:

1) Mermaid (Already have two Max Sirens so pretty useless)
2) Highlander
3) Mystic Light Knight (Already have Verche, still need Mystic Ice)
4) Idunn & Idunna (Should be useful for my water team, so I'm happy with this one)
5) Fairlio (These things should be regulated to the Pal Machine)
6) Machine Golem (not sure on this one)

Especially since she's getting a new, ultimate evolution in 5.1!

ToxicAdam

Hrm. So, since ADK teams are so popular due to the power/frequency of Dragon monsters, I know in 5.0 the other types got some love... would it be worth leveling up this second Ice Knight and possibly build a Technique team?

Maybe if it were bicolored. Most techniques are orb switchers, so you probably want to build teams that aren't stealing from each other.

Uthred

iPad account (more or less never play it)

Freyr
Ra

Backup account (seldom play it)

Mermaid (dupe)
Idunn & Idunna

Main account

Titan (dupe)
Titan (fuck you P&D)

They were all from earned stones so its not the end of the world, but the fact that they got shittier in inverse proportion to how much I use them, and those two fucking dupe titans...Should have stuck to boxes

Edit: With my luck like that I should have known better, bought some stones, MSK (alreak have 2 ADK's, no skillup), Green Golem (dupe), Succubus (have 3), Isis (yaya, but the joy is marred by 5 3* dupe pulls in a row)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Me too! :)

Once again, you missed the point. My good rolls were on the WRONG account. I don't play that one. So once again the game is trolling me! But I think I may pick up some gems and see if I can blind side it. Sneak up on it! Works in video games usually.

No I understood. I didn't mean it in a negative way. It's just a reminder of how "random" the game is. On other message boards, some folks have pulled 30 to 40 times, and the list of critters they've received is just depressing.

daw840

So I got a skill up for my siren the enchantress but I don't know why. Is it just random or did I accidentally feed her the right monster?

xCobalt

So how many people quit over godfest because they believe Gungho has a vendetta against them lol.

I'm trying to clear some dungeons now so I can get another pull. First 2 were Naga and Mystic Dark Knight which were only useful in providing skill ups.

Pacman2k

Did 3 pulls.

ADK lvl 30 (didnt have one)
Ceres
Freyja.

I'm not mad.

Then my girlfriend does 2 pulls.

Isis x2. Seriously. In a row. What the shit?

So... 359,945,214 if you guys need an isis friend.

I like the Ra. Just wrong account. Loki would be the other good one I guess. But I don't understand how to best use him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD_vSO1YJ-I (lol)

You need a combination of luck and practice to activate the 36x every turn, and on boards where the 36x isn't possible, to store gems in a L shape so you can easily activate them the next turn. You also need to clear away heart gems otherwise they start clogging up your board.

SaberVulcan

I love this thread around Godfest, especially as someone who usually gets half gods, half crap.

So after looking it doesnt really seem that a Technique team is feasible, but Ice Knight is a "staple" on blue teams, so I guess I can keep my second one around for when I eventually run a mono-blue with my starter dragon at the helm.

Edit: Also, it seems pretty improbable to use Anubis in a team, unless they ever do like a dual-color dungeon including Black.

Yaari

Ok managed to sort things out with my iTunes account.

Now I did 7 pulls earlier, and got all crap. Then pulled 3 times on a new account, and I get Horus.

So now with about 170 stones, should I pull on my main or continue with the new account. I don't really want to give up on the Rank 130 account but I'm going to feel pretty bad if I get pure crap... lol.

J0dy77

Echidna (dupe)
Fairlio
Horus
Bastet
Water Deity Holy Isis

So Nista won PAD. That's the best set of rolls posted. I really want another shot at Isis but its unrealistic to expect it. Trying to quit while I'm ahead.

We say it every god fest but people's expectations are always so high. Random rolls are random. Take it for what it's worth and don't burn yourself out. Even without the new monsters from today, I've still got a ton to do with the game. Eventually statistics will go in everyone's favor at one time or another.

For someone who isn't playing much, you're doing a nice job increasing your ADK's bonus stats. Already up to +143 from seemingly out of nowhere. And that's with you slowing down? Egads!

She's a fantastic pull.

I cannibalized a bunch of random crap in my inventory like starter dragons, angelion, archangel, etc. got like +20 just from that. The rest has been just getting lucky in frozen soil / ocean of heaven when its on 1.5

2 more pulls

Sylph
Annubis

Annubis seems to require crazy luck. Need to check on slyphs evolve...could be good in my green team

Edit :

Another one. Glyph Rider. Dammit

J0dy77

Anyone have a light/dark Venus I could use? Trying to clear rhea Themis temple.

Need to figure how to tank through the final boss and burn the three basilisk.

TimeKillr

I just did 18 more pulls for the hell of it.

And this is..........................

3x Vampire
3x Cupid
Dark Golem (that I'm happy with)
Light Golem (also sorta happy)
Ceres x2
Freyr (ugh, I didn't need a 2nd one)
MFK
Dryad (again...)
Thanatos (ugh)
Succubus
Drall
Parvati (my 4th one...)
Toytops (LOL)

Honestly? The 2 Ceres are kinda cute, the 2 golems are nice. The rest? Pure and complete SHIT. I'll use the vampires for skillups (and probably won't get any), the cupids are crap (I already had 2!) my 6th Dryad (lol), 3rd Thanatos, 3rd Toytops (and I got a Fortoytops this morning, so fuck it).... It's just ridiculous. Godfest, 18 pulls, I get 4 gold eggs, 2 of them are the same, the other 2 are dupes. No Norse gods. No Egyptian gods.

WTF is this, TrollHo?

MicH

I just did 18 more pulls for the hell of it.

And this is..........................

3x Vampire
3x Cupid
Dark Golem (that I'm happy with)
Light Golem (also sorta happy)
Ceres x2
Freyr (ugh, I didn't need a 2nd one)
MFK
Dryad (again...)
Thanatos (ugh)
Succubus
Drall
Parvati (my 4th one...)
Toytops (LOL)

Honestly? The 2 Ceres are kinda cute, the 2 golems are nice. The rest? Pure and complete SHIT. I'll use the vampires for skillups (and probably won't get any), the cupids are crap (I already had 2!) my 6th Dryad (lol), 3rd Thanatos, 3rd Toytops (and I got a Fortoytops this morning, so fuck it).... It's just ridiculous. Godfest, 18 pulls, I get 4 gold eggs, 2 of them are the same, the other 2 are dupes. No Norse gods. No Egyptian gods.

WTF is this, TrollHo?
So you're the one hoarding all the Parvatis :p But yeah, it SUCKS when you don't get anything new. I know this all too well. Especially with gold Eggs. UHHH GOLD EGG.. urgh evolved Sylph.. GOLD EGG! Dino Rider... GOLD EGG!!!! ... Alraune. Such a slap in the face

JerryCards is good yeah, a bit expensive. I recently went to http://www.itunesandpsncards.com/ who was quite a bit cheaper.

I didnt think much of it at first, the site sounded kind of shady, but they had pretty huge following on Facebook, so its legit.
Just wanted to say that I used this site a while ago and it's definitely legit. A very kind guy behind it and very quick e-mail delivery. I would definitely recommend them and they're so much cheaper than Jerrycards. Might have to use him from now on, haha.

OTIX

After my three garbage pulls earlier I managed to get stones for another one. Dragonette... I already have two Fafnirs that I never use. So I decide I have to join the IAP brigade and order a couple gift cards from www.itunesandpsncards.com (thanks for the tip Yaari). Now I'm swimming in stones but I tell myself i'll stop pulling for today once I get something really good, I wanna keep some stones for box space and stamina.

First pull is a freaking Horus, holy shit!

I might actually stop pulling since Horus is the Egyptian I wanted the most, better to save the stones for the next godfest. Gonna be hard not to pull with this many stones thugh.

Oh crap, I just realized I can't make red pengdras for Horus unless they fix the bugged jewel dragon rotation for group B. :(

lordcyno

probably should've stopped after I got horus

Mystic Stone Knight - already have 2 ADKs and the dungeon is tomorrow
Horus
Naga - have one but a second one could be ok
Parvati - already have one
Mermaid - already have 2
Succubus - have 2 already
Horus again, this time the 6* version
Dryad - would be my 7th if I hadn't had them eat each other for no skillups
Mermaid - no words left

Unfortunately I don't have any dual element guys to make a horus team at the moment

Jagernaut

I just evolved my Parvati and need more Parvati friends. I also have ADK, all 5 rippers, Siren the Enchanter, and Horus.

Static@GAF

J0dy77

After my three garbage pulls earlier I managed to get stones for another one. Dragonette... I already have two Fafnirs that I never use. So I decide I have to join the IAP brigade and order a couple gift cards from www.itunesandpsncards.com (thanks for the tip Yaari). Now I'm swimming in stones but I tell myself i'll stop pulling for today once I get something really good, I wanna keep some stones for box space and stamina.

First pull is a freaking Horus, holy shit!

I might actually stop pulling since Horus is the Egyptian I wanted the most, better to save the stones for the next godfest. Gonna be hard not to pull with this many stones thugh.

Oh crap, I just realized I can't make red pengdras for Horus unless they fix the bugged jewel dragon rotation for group B. :(

We're having the exact same day Otix. I pulled a Horus (6*) and sitting on 7 max pen draw with no red metal dragons to evolve. 1am is when I'd have a shot at them. Hate group B so much.

OTIX

We're having the exact same day Otix. I pulled a Horus (6*) and sitting on 7 max pen draw with no red metal dragons to evolve. 1am is when I'd have a shot at them. Hate group B so much.
For me it's 6 am. :(

Funnily enough my green/blue Fafnir is actually useful now because it allows me to fit a Gigas on the Horus team which is amazing. Still, this team needs a ton of work before its ready for prime time.

Colby

Wait, the order doesn't matter when you kill monsters for drops? I'm almost rank 100 and didn't know this! My whole attacking strategy has been a waste of time!

Also, I think listing the places to farm for skill-ups, like where the best places for Marine/Samurai Goblins and whatnot are, could be useful for the OP. Also, this is a stealth question about what the best places for those two goblins are :)

ccbfan

Rolled 4 on my main account and 2 of my side account(I have 2 more left on my side).

Main.

Freyr
Valk (Woohoo)
Thor
fire swordman.

Freyr, Thor, Valk are easily the top 3 rolls I've ever got in this game. Fire swordman would have been great if I didn't already spend last week getting a fire swordsman. I guess I could run a

Freyr
Titan
swordsman
swordsman
Echilada

Helper Shiva.

Thank God I didn't ultimate evo my fire starter yet.

Most excited about Valk since I practically already have a Valk team.

My side account I got

Basset
ice golem.

This account have had some amazing luck with rolls (with a touch of golem)

First roll? 6 star Amu
2nd? Shiva
3rd? dark golem (boooo)
4th? Basset
5th? ice golem (boooo)

Five roll and 3 great Gods. I would have been tempted to make this my main account if not for the amazing rolls I got today on my main account.

MicH

59hQRUol.jpg

What the fuck is this shit?

Another mermaid? Should be PAL shit. Done pulling today

MDK
Slyph
Annubis
Mandrake
Grpys Rider (oh good....)
Mermaid

Peaked early. Ill have to live through you guys this time

Radav

Wow, between the pulls listed here and the stuff I've read about on the puzzleanddragonsforum some people got insanely lucky but for the most part we were pulling 3 star crap. I was planning on pulling 10 times today. As usual I had a list of stuff that I really wanted. Here's how it went:

1. Naga ( Not a good start have 3 already did get a skillup though)
2. Fairlio (Oh god this is starting very poorly)
3. Shardra (Did I just chuck my touchpad across the room)
4. Dryad (NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!)
5. Dragon Knight (Would be more excited except I have 2 ADKs and don't need more)

At this point I was on the verge of being sick so I decided to take a break and shake it off. Did some other stuff and decided if I could just get 1 egyptian god I'd stop.

6. Light Golem (3 star eggs are going to be in my nightmares for a while. lol)
7. Ra !!!
8. Freyr

So I got Ra the god I wanted the most of the Egyptian gods. Don't get me wrong I would have loved a Horus or Isis since they're easier to use but I'm a big fan of the puzzle aspect of the game so I'll enjoy figuring out how to use his skill more effectively. Build a team around him etc. Freyr is an interesting pull because I got Shiva last Godfest and have been hunting for a Titan and MFK with no luck. I could make a pretty rad fire team now but I can't really do that without any Fire orb changers. Do you guys happen to know if it's possible to get the Ninja guys in special dungeons at all? Kind of like the Mystic Knights? I'm just wondering if they're rare gacha only.

The ninjas drop in the Goemon dungeon, but good luck with that...

Also Radav/ccbfan, pair that Freyr with an Ares and enjoy one of the best teams in 5.0 with a 2x/4x/2x bonus to fire.

MicH

So here's my draft for a Horus team. What do you guys think - and what have you planned?

fQJOA8ll.jpg

Orochi for delay, ADK for orbs (though not ideal), Valk for orbs and Yomi for 10 seconds of orb moving

Yomi, especially, is perfect for Egyptian teams

ccbfan

Does the egyptian god combo counter includes heal orbs?

So say you have a horus and you match

red, blue, green, heal.

Does the leader skill activate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom