• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

Yeah, 5$ adds up pretty quickly, if you get pure crap. I mean, its gambling, but if you get 5 3-stars with a 25$ card I can see why someone is pissed.

Can someone help me with my Wood team? I got Chu Chain, Highlander, Susano, 3x ADK, Parvati and Freyja. And I don't really know who should lead between Parvati and Freyja.

I was pretty disappointed over the lack of Horus but I guess I'll get over it and maybe somewhere down the line I will get a new chance. It just sucks that I pretty much got everything for a full Horus team, except for Horus.. Lol.

Three more pulls:

Mermaid (already have a max skilled siren and working on a second)
A fire golem (lol, really?!)
And a gold egg

Another Kagatsuchi (I thought this was the Norse and Egyptian godfest)

I'm done with rare pulls for a bit. I've got monsters to level and I might be able to run goemon and Hera whenever they pop up...

MicH

I can definitely understand having a sour taste in your mouth if you get pretty bad pulls, but if you're at the point of quitting just because of that, then.. I don't know. I can taste it a bit today, but I'm now at a point where I have pretty much all Gods (actually miss just 1 of each God type (Parvati of Indian, Kagutsuchi of Japanese and Idunn & Idunna of Norse) and a half the Egyptian and almost all Greek. So I'm at a point where there's not really any incentive to pull anymore, as I'll probably 99% of the time get a duplicate. If there'll ever be a Egyptian & new Greek God evemt, then probably. Or a higher rate for new monsters (ninjas and so on).

ccbfan

Have we had anyone quit the game because of the rolls they got during a godfest? Over on the FB group page I've seen two today. Makes me laugh when they blame GungHo.

I was pretty close at one point.

More because it wasn't 5.0 yet and I had nothing left to do. There was no carrot.

I did about 20 rare pulls and I got a total of 0 useful things that wasn't dropable (Naga, siren, msk, mlk, are great but those are easy to get, Heck I'm about to feed 3 mermaids to one of my sirens)

This cause the inability to make any end game teams.

ADK was it and I already completed an ADK team.

I haven't spent any money on stones. So I'm limited to the amount of rare pulls I can do. Its not like I don't want to give them money, I just don't like the whole gambling aspect of it. Charge $20 for double speed stamina and I'll gladly pay you the money. Charge 5 dollars for a golem? No thanks.

Today though I pulled 4 times and got the 3 most useful rare pulls I've ever gotten (Freyr, Valk, Thor) so now I have my carrot again. Can't wait to see the Norse God ultimate Evos.

A few hours before Godfest PAD was ranked ~150 in the top grossing apps.

18SUGB6l.png

(hey GungHo how about some of those collab dungeons)

ParityBit

So tell me, Good, Bad or Eh?

I used all my gems and actually bought a couple, figured it was a once time thing.

New
  • Artemis
  • Mystic Light Knight
  • Mystic Flame Knight
  • Mandrake
  • Pierdra
  • Undine
  • Fenrir Knight
  • Vampire
  • Fairlio
  • Idune & Idunna
  • Shardra
  • Thor

Dupes
  • Loki
  • Cupid (x2)
  • Toytops
  • Dryad (Got Mandrake above)
  • Fairlio

MicH

d, zNew
  • Artemis
  • Mystic Light Knight
  • Mystic Flame Knight
  • Mandrake
  • Pierdra
  • Undine
  • Fenrir Knight
  • Vampire
  • Fairlio
  • Idune & Idunna
  • Shardra
  • Thor

Dupes
  • Loki
  • Cupid (x2)
  • Toytops
  • Dryad (Got Mandrake above)
  • Fairlio
Great pulls - especially Artemis. You run Parv, right? Artemis is absolutely perfect for you. Great active skill, and if you want try different leaders than Parvati then Artemis + Freyja gives you 4x ATK, 2x HP and 2x RCV hvis is AMAZING (which I personally prefer over 2x Parv as it suits my style of offense > defense :p)

Also very jealous of your Idunn & Idunna :p Congrats!

Uthred

For Isis is it three different colours that do damage or just three different "strings"? It also seems that you actually have to do one more than the required number to actually get the bonus e.g.

If I have 3 seperate blue matches will here skill activate or would it need to be 1 red, 1 blue, 1 whatever? Also do they retroactively get the damage bonus because it looked like only the fourth match on got the bonus? (Wish you could slow down damage resolution or check out a combat log)

ParityBit

Great pulls - especially Artemis. You run Parv, right? Artemis is absolutely perfect for you. Great active skill, and if you want try different leaders than Parvati then Artemis + Freyja gives you 4x ATK, 2x HP and 2x RCV hvis is AMAZING (which I personally prefer over 2x Parv as it suits my style of offense > defense :p)

No, I don't have a Parv unfortunately. My main is an Ammy Osh, or some ripper. :p Most of my pulls have been really ... subpar. lol :)

18SUGB6l.png

Nice. Agreed. If GungHo is making good money from U.S. customers, hopefully that makes collabs more likely.

Yeah. I really like the balance of 4x ATK/2x HP/2x RCV. But I love Parvati's active skill, especially if you have it maxed out. She's basically a green Siren, and combined with huge HP, it makes the team almost invincible, albeit lacking in ATK power. But Parvati can still be used as a sub member on a Freyja/Artemis team. You just have 1 less slot for another utility monster.

I was busy with tasks when my Sapphire dungeon hour came up, so I only got to play about 30min of it. Looks like my luck carried over from my Ruby run. Got a King on every run, including a double King drop once. Since, my ADK is stronger against Water than Fire, I was able to complete about the same amount of runs in less time than I did with the Ruby dungeon, and ended up with 14 King Sapphires just like Rubies. I'll finally have my Demon Viper Orochi maxed-out, and will probably put my extra Sapphire Kings, Highs, and Pengdra into my Dark monsters. I want have my Loki-led triple Gravity team ready for the next time Zeus comes around.

Now I need to do some heavy Pengdra farming to free up some box space for the Emerald dungeon tonight.

MicH

No, I don't have a Parv unfortunately. My main is an Ammy Osh, or some ripper. :p Most of my pulls have been really ... subpar. lol :)
Oh, I must have mistaken you for someone else :p None the less Artemis is a great start if you have some green monsters already (ADK is a great sub). And Idunn & Idunna are also a great start for a water team along with your new Fenrir Knight :)

Yeah. I really like the balance of 4x ATK/2x HP/2x RCV. But I love Parvati's active skill, especially if you have it maxed out. She's basically a green Siren, and combined with huge HP, it makes the team almost invincible, albeit lacking in ATK power. But Parvati can still be used as a sub member on a Freyja/Artemis team. You just have 1 less slot for another utility monster.
Lakshmi teams will probably benefit the most with a Idunn & Idunna + Hermes combo as Lakshmis active skill is less than desirable. If I got my hands on either I would definitely switch.

<3 this community. We gotta stick together and keep each other strong. When I first started I couldn't even imagine taking down a rainbow keeper or running a resolve team. Thanks to this group I've made it farther than I could have otherwise.

I never thought I'd put down money for a game like this, though. It does a goo job feeding my old Pokemon habit. I thought I'd go crazy with stone spending with 5.0 but I'm not. Gotta keep everything in moderation.

On a lighter note, y'all don't know bout this x100 business. LOOK AT THE DAMAGE
that you'll never hit on a consistent basis.

Uthred

It's three separate colors of your attacking party; when three different orbs under Isis' icon appear you know you've done it.

Cheers, thanks for the clarification. Dual Isis doesnt seem to be as good, or at least as reliable as Dual ADK. Suppose I need to build a team aorund it, time for some dual colour ultimate evos I think.

J0dy77

18SUGB6l.png

I was wondering where PAD would wind up on that list during this god fest. They always Jump up during god events but the release of 5.0 has everyone's wallet out. They still haven't gotten mine... Must... Fight.... Urge.

On the other side it's a shame to see all the negativity the god fests bring. Expectations are so high and people get so down. I always think of any money spent as support for the developers to keep bringing me content. If I ever hit a wall, run out of things to do or just get bored ill stop. But I'm nowhere near that point.

I'm sure if we looked at any box we could find a way for a player to keep pushing through or something to farm. Just keep things in perspective.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Wish we could trade. I've been fusing my dupe I&Is. I&Is, mermaids and vampires are my specialty.

MicH

Wish we could trade. I've been fusing my dupe I&Is. I&Is, mermaids and vampires are my specialty.
Thor, Amaterasu and Freyr are my speciality! Gotten 4 Thors, 3 Amaterasu and 3 Freyrs so far. They seem to flock to me whenever I pull that damn handle. I have, however, not gotten a SINGLE Shardra or Toytops today which is quite shocking.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thor, Amaterasu and Freyr are my speciality! Gotten 4 Thors, 3 Amaterasu and 3 Freyrs so far. They seem to flock to me whenever I pull that damn handle. I have, however, not gotten a SINGLE Shardra or Toytops today which is quite shocking.

In all the pulls I've made in this game, I've yet to receive an Ammy. I did get a Toytops earlier today, but that was my only toy. They should really remove 3* creatures from the rare machine. Such bullshit pulling a 3 star.

Khar

12 pulls. I got a number of trashy dupes (riders, Pierdrawn etc.) but also pulled:

Ra
Freyja
Highlander
Ceres (not sure I'll ever need her)
green Odin
Susano

So overall I'm happy with that.

I already had:

Parvati the Golden Goddess
ADK x 3 -- I need to max skill a couple of these
Marine Rider Robin -- will probably ditch him now
Green Odin
Fafnir

So I think green is the best way to go for me as I have pretty much have all the monsters I could want except maybe Artemis.

I'm not sure I have the orb matching skills to use Ra consistently.

MicH

12 pulls. I got a number of trashy dupes (riders, Pierdrawn etc.) but also pulled:

Ra
Freyja
Highlander
Ceres (not sure I'll ever need her)
green Odin
Susano

So overall I'm happy with that.

I already had:

Parvati the Golden Goddess
ADK x 3 -- I need to max skill a couple of these
Marine Rider Robin -- will probably ditch him now
Green Odin
Fafnir

So I think green is the best way to go for me as I have pretty much have all the monsters I could want except maybe Artemis.

I'm not sure I have the orb matching skills to use Ra consistently.
Amazing green team there. Really good pulls, the game really wants you to go green :p

Khar

Amazing green team there. Really good pulls, the game really wants you to go green :p

Cheers! I did keep getting sidetracked with my Shiva team before today as I didn't have all the green orb changers. Green is definitely my main team now.

I missed off one - Suratobi Sasuske - he's going to replace Marine Rider Robin. Because a) he has better stats once maxed out and b) Marine Rider Robin's art is so lazy!

Tomorrow I'll try and grab a few MSKs and hope I get luckier with skill ups. My main ADK has eaten 11 MSKs with not one skill up thus far.

suko_32

Used my saved stones:

-Dragon Rider
-Sylph
-Toytops
-Sasuno
-Idunn & Idunna
-Sylph
-Verche

What I really wanted was a new monster from the update, but I know this is absolutely nothing to complain about.

Which is that one? Can you explain what the whiskeydragon dungeons are also? I was just trying to get my monster numbers up so I have some options.

Isis. Whiskeydragons are like Skydragons/Mechdragons, except they're all technical dungeons that restrict the colors of orbs that drop to 3, making Horus near impossible to use in them. They're very important because their dungeons drop "miniwhiskeys" like candy, which are essentially easy to obtain pengdras.

But Isis in general will get you far in the game. For example, here's a 0 stone clear of Hera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwhipWVtX0k

Yaari

Anyone using Horus wants to add me? I'm trying to get my list full of Horus. Running a second account for that.

ParityBit

Isis. Whiskeydragons are like Skydragons/Mechdragons, except they're all technical dungeons that restrict the colors of orbs that drop to 3, making Horus near impossible to use in them. They're very important because their dungeons drop "miniwhiskeys" like candy, which are essentially easy to obtain pengdras.

But Isis in general will get you far in the game. For example, here's a 0 stone clear of Hera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwhipWVtX0k

Wow, ok, so would I be well served to level her up with my Pendras, etc? I have been holding onto a ton of these things because I did not kn ow what to use them on.

Wow, ok, so would I be well served to level her up with my Pendras, etc? I have been holding onto a ton of these things because I did not kn ow what to use them on.

Like seriously, take her and another Isis out with a rainbow colored team for a test drive in Endless Corridor and check out the damage.

ParityBit

Like seriously, take her and another Isis out with a rainbow colored team for a test drive in Endless Corridor and check out the damage.

Yeah that's pretty nice! I went out there with a Horus. I do not have any Isis friends. Probably is worth leveling her way up huh? At least into the next evolve?

no way man. no way. So we both pulled a Marine Rider to start and a Gryps Rider when we drop money on the game.

Trollolol

I know! Damn Riders won't leave us alone!

J0dy77

Anyone using Horus wants to add me? I'm trying to get my list full of Horus. Running a second account for that.

I'm in the same boat, need to get as many Horus and Isis on my friend list as possible. Add me 391,130,292.

I was test driving Horus in the Endless corridor being extremely under leveled and with a bastet from my friend list. When you kick in the 4 match the damage is crazy (comes out to 10x with horus/bastet combo). I like that it adds another layer of strategy to the game, how to save and use orbs. I really hope they keep expanding on these ideas, they're a blast to play.

Edit: Watching that video Cosmo posted, Isis seems so strong and her ability so much more reliable. 3 combos can almost be guaranteed each round, 4 and above seem a lot harder.

Edit2: Question on the video, how does he break through Neptunes defense? Most of the time the damage is nothing, other times he breaks through? Do you have to hit for a certain amount to break through?

blackflag

Ughh so angry at myself. Wanted Isis and Horus so I pulled a few more and got 3 more Bastet....really aren't the chances of that stupid liw? Arghhh

J0dy77

Ughh so angry at myself. Wanted Isis and Horus so I pulled a few more and got 3 more Bastet....really aren't the chances of that stupid liw? Arghhh

Wow, I'd love to see the actual odds on that. I finally broke down at midnight and bought one more roll. Pulled Thor. Lol

Edit: Watching that video Cosmo posted, Isis seems so strong and her ability so much more reliable. 3 combos can almost be guaranteed each round, 4 and above seem a lot harder.

Edit2: Question on the video, how does he break through Neptunes defense? Most of the time the damage is nothing, other times he breaks through? Do you have to hit for a certain amount to break through?

Yeah Neptune's defense is high (72,000) but not impenetrable. Seems like most of the time he breaks through is because of 2x damage from Susanoo being green.

EDIT: Looks like the "special St Patricks Day Emerald Dragon" is just running three Emeralds for each of the three slots instead of jewel dragons, hahaha

Uthred

I woner for Isis teams is it better to prioritise for ease of activation by going with dual colour monsters or for maxiumum damage by going with high ATK monsters. Unfortunately the two dont really seem to mix

Splat

Pulled 8 today, no idea if it went good or bad:
Freyr
Dryad
Mystic Flame Knight
Green Odin
Parvati
Earth Guardian
Fairlio
Loki

razterik

Did some pulls right near the end:

Wood Mech Warrior Asgard
Flame Golem
Freyr
Titan
Mystic Ice Knight
Sarutobi Sasuke
Sylph x2
ADK
Mystic Stone Knight x2
Odin
Toytops
Mandrake
Thor
Loki
Thanatos
Succubus

Happy with the green. Wanted to fill out that team some more so this seemed like a good overlap of events. ADKs were a waste, but did get a skill up. No Egyptians is disappointing, but I'll probably see them down the road. Not sure how to feel about the rest. Half of the rolls were dupes, but new stuff is mostly good. Probably should have stopped when I pulled Odin.

I've been trying to farm pengdras in a half-sleep daze for a hour.. then I realized instead of fire poengdras dropping, i'd get a 6k gold chest... Are fire pengdras not dropping for anyone else?

Caerith

0/3 on Dragon Guardian - Expert so far. Only saw a MSK once, and his imp buddy dropped first. Well, at least my SL1 ADK isn't useless.

I just wish they would tweak the Rare machine and make it 100% separate from the PAL.
This. A hundred times this. Go ahead and let us buy PAL points (I probably would during super king events), but keep your goddamn vampires and golems out of the rare machine.

Dawg

Got a Lil' White Dragon on my pal pull today. Now I have fire and light.

I'm working on my ADK still though. Does anyone know which one I should pick between Pterados and Lil' White dragon for my current team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom