• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
Metal dragons are already at max level, so no need to feed them. They're purely meant to be fed as is. The only one you might make an exception for are the gold metal dragons, because they can be sold for a lot of gold. I sold one for 30K.

Regarding some of the advice in the OP, I regret spending my first 15 magic stones on rare gacha pulls. The OP says that's really all the magic stones should be spent on, and only expand your monster box when absolutely necessary. Well, unlike with your initial tutorial rare pull, you can't reroll subsequent rare gachas. And even with special events percentage increases, chances are against you getting something truly great. It's possible, but if you whiff, you put yourself at a significant handicap in monster management. You quickly start amassing a bunch of monsters, and it forces you to fuse or sell monsters that you might not be ready to. It really limits your ability to efficiently raise your monsters when you can't stockpile a bunch of feeder pets and evolution materials. I've since been spending all my magic stones on box expansions, and I'm now up to 60. And it's made monster, and consequently money management significantly easier. I can wait until I have 5 feeder pets to fuse, instead of fusing only 1 or 2 because I'm out of room. The extra boxes have been far more useful than the 3 rare monsters I pulled, and it cost me less than half of the stones I wasted pulling rare gachas.

So, in short, I think it's much more useful to spend early stones on extra monster boxes. I don't know how many would be optimal, but I think 50 is a good number to start. And that's only using 6 stones! Only when you feel you've gotten a good number of extra boxes, that you don't feel forced into selling/fusing monsters that you'd rather not, would I suggest then spending stones on rare pulls.

Fully agree with the monster boxes thing.

seady

From my Japanese version of game:

8353046370_0a068669d4_z.jpg
8351984213_d4114da51d_z.jpg
8353047404_9214094a7f_z.jpg

I have been playing Japanese version on my iPhone for several weeks, and now just started English version on iPad. Game is too damn addicting.

KuroNeeko

Thanks for checking, guys. I was pretty sure there was a region-lock. This confirms it.

I have been playing Japanese version on my iPhone for several weeks, and now just started English version on iPad. Game is too damn addicting.

Seady, you have any openings on your friend list for the JP version? I'm still looking for someone to swap presents.

kuroMame
151, 280, 206

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
One thing I find pretty cool is how they added more evolutionary stages with seeming expansions.

e.g. Lil' black dragons 3 initial stages, the monsters 33, 34 and 35, with 35 being:

Pet035.png

That was it.. then they added an extra stage in an expansion, monster nr 215:

Pet215.png

Not only does it LOOK much more badass, fitting for a 4th stage, but it also got a pretty big boost in its abilities. (3rd stage has 30% damage reduction, 4th stage has 50%, and the damaging attack also got a big increase in damage)

Niiiiiice. I think I'm super set for my dark/light dual team. Hades, both black&white starters are in place, can be rounded out by either light/dark dragon, or a defender, or a harpie... I'm not sure yet... Are the harpies useful? They seem to be the generic light/dark attacker version of the red/green/blue goblins?

MicH

Downloaded this game yesterday and really rnjoying it so far. Got a 4* Sylph on my first roll and decided to keep her - then later got a 4* Vampire Lord. Pretty cool so far!

Valygar

Just added myself to the spreadsheet!

My main is a Valkyrie

Pet225.png

I got lucky (I guess) and I have as well

Echidna

089i.png

and

096i.png

Succubus

Echidna seems very useful, with that active skill... I'm only rank 17 yet.

seady

Thanks for checking, guys. I was pretty sure there was a region-lock. This confirms it.

Seady, you have any openings on your friend list for the JP version? I'm still looking for someone to swap presents.

kuroMame
151, 280, 206

I already swapped present with a friend after level 20. Can I still do it? (In fact this Light Dragon in baby form was that present) Anyway I still added you as friend :)

Gaspode_T

Jeez I wish someone would have mentioned the monster box thing a few days ago - I was struggling with having to fuse or sell when I didn't want to. I didn't know they would be only 1 stone per expansion to expand it...

I am a pack rat in real life so having ability to save lots of monsters is more my thing. Actually even though it is inefficient I love having multiple colors and seeing them all light up when I get lucky combos.

Gaspode_T

I keep thinking how I would easily put down $15 on an XBLA version of this game but I have a hard time whether I want to ever spend even $1 on the gems/etc...it's weird how the perception is different, some people are probably the opposite and don't even think about spending $1 or $3 at a time.

I am getting so much stuff from some sort of new years event going on in the Japanese version I don't even see a need to buy anything, it is almost crazy how much enjoyment you can get out of it for free...no wonder so many people here in Japan are playing it now

Jinko

8353046370_0a068669d4_z.jpg
8351984213_d4114da51d_z.jpg
8353047404_9214094a7f_z.jpg

Thats the dragon I want :(

What is the middle screen ?

Just ordered a 10" android tab, can't wait to play it on that :p

Uthred

‎[US] Emerald Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/6/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

garath

Yes I am on the GAF spreadsheet.

Just wondering, will monster box size ever increase? 20 isn't enough but OP suggested to save magic stone for egg.

And, where is the best place to get dragon plant? I am playing Tower of Trial stage 3 over and over again but never get one.

Just sent you the present!

My pull sucked. Lol. Got a 2 star red dragon :( at least he has +attk. I'll feed him to my starter red dragon.

Radav

Holy crap this game is so addictive. I have so many questions still.

My biggest question is how much will I regret sticking with my 5* Wood Mech Warrior Asgard monster instead of rerolling until I got a good healer or something from the tutorial pull?

I just hit level 20 who will trade presents?

Here's my friend code.

Kosh

My biggest question is how much will I regret sticking with my 5* Wood Mech Warrior Asgard monster instead of rerolling until I got a good healer or something from the tutorial pull?

Here's my friend code.

I just hit 20, I'll send you a request to trade presents.

Radav

Thanks Kosh, got your request and I sent you my present. All I got was another blue starter dragon. Really was hoping for light or dark.

Kosh

Thanks Kosh, got your request and I sent you my present. All I got was another blue starter dragon. Really was hoping for light or dark.

Thanks, present sent. I got a red and a green, bleh. Was hoping for a dark myself. Oh, well.

KuroNeeko

Just did my last run in the Crystal Defenders dungeon and scooped up a few more Tonberries and a Behemoth. I can NOT get a fricken Marlboro to save my life. Will be heading back to the Forest of Fire (or whatever the area after the Giant's Tower is called) once things settle back to normal.

Note: Green Odin is totally OP in the normal, Crystal Defender dungeon. Heck, his Leader Skill is O-P!

I already swapped present with a friend after level 20. Can I still do it? (In fact this Light Dragon in baby form was that present) Anyway I still added you as friend :)

Thanks, man! I just added you and your bad-ass bird dood. I switch a lot between teams, but I'm usually using either my Vampire (still farming demon masks to evolve) and my Noel Dragon - Rouge. My moogle Tinkerer is almost ready to evolve as well so we'll see what kind of Leader Skill she gets.

I can still gift you a present, but you can't do one in return. I'm going to hold out to see if I can find another J-Gaffer (Gaspode?) who can do the swap;D If not, I'll just send it your way.

yoroshiku!

Raven77

Okay never got an answer and need to know before re rolling.

Is the Dark Golem MK2 a good starter?

It's lvl 30.

Or should i keep re rolling???

Okay never got an answer and need to know before re rolling.

Is the Dark Golem MK2 a good starter?

It's lvl 30.

Or should i keep re rolling???

Here's my friend code.

You can always make up for having a less than stellar starter by friending people with good ones. Having multiple Siren the Enchanter / Archangel / Alraune on your friends list is a must. If you think your starter looks cool and has a neat ability despite not being on the list, go for it. Pretty much every monster is useful in some situation.

Owzers

Do you get less of a combo bonus when a dark creature is your leader? My fire monsters in that party seem weaker than usual with succubus as leader.

xCobalt

Gonna attempt the Master Sky Dragon of Wood tonight. It hits for much harder than my helper can heal for so I'm gonna bring in a Mermaid to help out in creating health orbs. Hopefully my math worked out and I can outlast the dragon. Considered doing a Zombie team but its a bit risky if I run into multiple trash mobs that attack at the same time.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm up to 120 monster boxes. Been doing the weekend dungeons and saved up 600,000 gold so far. Evolved into a Vampire Lord. Up a few ranks today to 47...

TP17

Is there an English guide explaining how the fusions and evolutions work?

Just downloading it after setting up a US itunes account. I'll post my code/name later.

I'm up to 120 monster boxes. Been doing the weekend dungeons and saved up 300,000 gold so far. Evolved into a Vampire Lord. Up a few ranks today to 43...
Hey, btw you didn't know I was a gaffer when you accepted my friend request a few days ago, but your ADK has been helping mine clear a LOT of dungeons. My name is currently GC@GAF, but it was Monty(random name) at the time, and I sent you an friend present a couple days or so ago as a thank you. Just wondering if you remember what you pulled out of curiosity.

I think I'm stalled out by my shitty team. 3rd Tier Water Starter, Celes and just a buncha crap clinging to stronger Ally Monsters. I cannot get a good Dark or Light guy to save my life.

CTLance

I also just realized I'm level 23, interested in trading gifts? Edit: Added my details to the list
Expect my friendship request as soon as my 3G allows it. :)

Edit: Aw man. Another Tyrra, just what I wanted. Just how high are the chances of drawing your own starter again? Booh I say. Booh!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hey, btw you didn't know I was a gaffer when you accepted my friend request a few days ago, but your ADK has been helping mine clear a LOT of dungeons. My name is currently GC@GAF, but it was Monty(random name) at the time, and I sent you an friend present a couple days or so ago as a thank you. Just wondering if you remember what you pulled out of curiosity.

I have a monty@gaf on my list but no GC@GAF, weird. It's still letting you use me? If not you can just add me again.

I did get the present and I think I got either lil' white dragon or ptera from it, thank you.

Jinko

Is there an English guide explaining how the fusions and evolutions work?

It's fairly straight forward, feed same elemental to one another to get XP bonus, +1 RCV should be fed to healers.

You can't really go wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom