• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Seeing my brother and his wife playing this nonstop got me addicted to this again during this weekend. Just added myself to the GAF list, my ID is 328,834,287.

Earlier today I was feeling a bit down on the game because of some lackluster machine results, then this Kagutsushi fellow came out of the rare one.

C7T20.png

Still working on making him stronger, I'm not even sure where he stands in all these crazy tiers but having a god on the team feelsgoodman.gif (I didn't do the rerols, I didn't know about it when I started and I'm kind of glad because I'm not here for that. It would have probably ruined the game for me if I obsessed too much about it, haha.)

I assume the Final Fantasy related monsters will come to the English version in a future update, right? No copyright reason they wouldn't make it? Not sure how this game works contractually considering it's not available in all regions to begin with.

Thanks, and that makes sense (evolving my Alraune, which was already a priority). But at Castle of Satan+ the enemies start hitting much, much harder and the only healer I'm finding that can keep up is Amaterasu Ookami. Alternatively I am still doing fine with brute force (ADK + ADK leaders, dragons as rest of team). Supposedly eventually it gets so bad you need Viper Orochi not to be one shot, or Echidna the Red Empress (to delay enemy attacks giving you enough turns to wail on the boss(es) ).

I did some further reading on the net about my team and it appears it should be filled with all Ancient & Chaos Dragon Knights, replacing a leader with Viper Orochi or non-leader with Echidna the Red Empress as needed (which I have, woo!) when things get tougher.

There's also the option with using all elemental resist dragons with Amaterasu Ookami for master dungeons, and a healer team with Valkyrie leader (which I also have). So many builds I'm going insane.
Ah, yeah, I figured you're a lot further than I am, and my suggestions might be obsolete for your level. Curious, did you get Valkyrie as your tutorial roll, or did you get extremely lucky with a mid-game rare gacha pull?

Anyway, I'm not experienced enough to speak on higher level team strategies, but I saw some YT links to high-level ADK team play on another site. You can see if you can figure out what monsters they're using and how they're using them. Here are the YT links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwvjpCCaOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_pgPPe-23U

Someone also posted this pic. I guess this team has been working pretty well for this player.

qMOoz.jpg

Natiko

Banned
Thanks for the info on the emerald dragon dungeon everyone. Got two runs in and they were both a breeze. Only got one of the mid-dragons, the rest were all the low tier ones. Better than nothing though, plus got a magic stone.

elty

I went to the sky dungeon wood and the final boss has a "strong" label then one hit ko me. I have never see a boss with a strong label before, is it random?

Ashodin

So if you kill the strong boss, it will give you an egg?

You have a chance regardless if it's strong or not. Best to farm while the dungeon is up and you know you can complete it.

Man, bringing Dark Orbs -> Heal Orbs in a no RCV dungeon is cheese incarnate, hahaha

mercviper

Been throwing away stamina looking for an Evolve Mask. Game decided it'd be better to give me a Lil Blue Dragon instead. ???

Starter dragons actually change skills (name is different and ATK multiplier goes up) when they evolve, so that doesn't really turn into a lasting benefit.

The +1's to HP/RCV/ATK should transfer fine to whatever monster you want.

Uhhh I guess this means I shouldn't be feeding regular carbuncles to my evolved on in hopes of getting skill ups huh? Same name but different numbers in the skill :x.

elty

You have a chance regardless if it's strong or not. Best to farm while the dungeon is up and you know you can complete it.

I can only complete those with a "recover hp when matching gem" helper. How often can you reuse the same helper?

Want to evolve my cupid but I can't get pass fire forest of nerva.

Ashodin

I can only complete those with a "recover hp when matching gem" helper. How often can you reuse the same helper?

Want to evolve my cupid but I can't get pass fire forest of nerva.

On the friends list, it tells you how many hours you have until you can't use them for a little bit.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ah, yeah, I figured you're a lot further than I am, and my suggestions might be obsolete for your level. Curious, did you get Valkyrie as your tutorial roll, or did you get extremely lucky with a mid-game rare gacha pull?

Anyway, I'm not experienced enough to speak on higher level team strategies, but I saw some YT links to high-level ADK team play on another site. You can see if you can figure out what monsters they're using and how they're using them. Here are the YT links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwvjpCCaOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_pgPPe-23U

Thanks. I got lucky with a few (paid) pulls where I got Valkyrie & Chaos Dragon Knight. I can't even remember if I started with Amaterasu or Ancient Dragon Knight, but one of those came from the gacha too. And shitty Undine.

J0dy77

I checked the OP and some of the links by cant find a "where to farm guide". I'm trying to get some emelits to evolve some monsters. Anyone help me out.

xCobalt

I went to the sky dungeon wood and the final boss has a "strong" label then one hit ko me. I have never see a boss with a strong label before, is it random?

I think the Strong label means the monster can kill you in one hit.

On the friends list, it tells you how many hours you have until you can't use them for a little bit.

Hours shown on the friends list is how long ago they played.

xelios

No that's on the actual friends list, I mean when you go to select who comes with you.

As far as I know it refreshes when they log off and on again? (your ability to use friends) They "hours to go" may be when their pal points reset, no clue.

I checked the OP and some of the links by cant find a "where to farm guide". I'm trying to get some emelits to evolve some monsters. Anyone help me out.
The OP has a short farm guide in the Monster Evolution section.

An excerpt:

In almost every situation evolution requires "Evolve Material" monsters. Here's where to farm for them:
Lits (aka Rubylit, Sapphlit, etc.): 1* elemental dungeons (Dungeon of Wood, Light, etc.), Friday Dungeon on Adept
Evolve Masks: 2* elemental dungeons
Demon Masks: 3* elemental dungeons
Keepers: Tuesday Dungeon. Fire/Water/Earth are the bosses of each dungeon, while the Light and Dark ones are random encounters within. Strategy
Dublits: Friday Dungeon on Expert

The following are used to evolve Dragon-type monsters and are all found in the Thursday Dungeon, but can be found less reliably in other locations:
Dragon Seed: Departure Tower
Dragon Plant: Tower of Trials
Dragon Flower: Tower of Giants
Dragon Fruit: Thursday Dungeon only!

~Special~ Evolve Materials:
Mythlit: Friday Dungeon boss on Adept
Mystic Mask: Wednesday Dungeon, Expert. Strategy
Keeper of Rainbow: Tuesday Dungeon
Dubmythlit: Friday Dungeon, Expert

For a more extensive guide, here's the Google translated version of the evolution material page from the Chinese wiki that's also linked in the OP. Most of the translations of monster and dungeon names don't exactly match, but you can just match the monsters visibly and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the dungeons.

http://translate.googleusercontent....%98%8E&usg=ALkJrhgVQ7nFMUCJmODxOofLd1mkrpZ4eA

elty

I think the Strong label means the monster can kill you in one hit.

Hours shown on the friends list is how long ago they played.

I got the strong label at a boss that couldn't one hit me. I went back again and it doesnt have the strong label the second time.

So, I downloaded this not too long ago and just put my info in the spreadsheet. I got a Siren as my free rare spin, and she's been a lifesaver. That 301 hp every time I connect a row of three is amazing.

xelios

Re: King Emerald Dragon Maxed out my Light dragon with it. Now I just need the evo material for the third form!

I luckily got one too, along with 3 mid and a bunch of small. Used it to get my ADK to level 37 since it gives bonus experience to green and I want to max him out eventually. After all that I am still sitting at ~650k coins thanks to the weekend dungeon. Almost rank 48 too, they've been flying by.

xCobalt

I got the strong label at a boss that couldn't one hit me. I went back again and it doesnt have the strong label the second time.

Looked it up on google and someone said it doesn't take into account monster abilities like Odin's or any element resistors. Was your team different the second time around?

ParityBit

Well I spent all weekend on the weekend dungeon. I have over 600 k gold! Hopefully that lasts a while.

Nw I need to decide what to do with my team and what dungeons to attack.

blackflag

Got 4 king emerald dragons and they leveled my mandrake from 30 to 67 in one shot. Too bad I didn't trigger great or super so I coulda maxed it

I reached level 20 and want to swap presents. so Give me a PM if interested.

also the final boss of the fifth tower of giant. Is that one always "strong" because if it is random, then i have horrible luck...

Victrix

*beard*
Strong is not random, it's just the game telling you that monster is going to kick your ass, barring ability/leader passives.

Change your team comp or level up.

Forz

Farming for dragon plants is frustrating. Just about every early evolution requires them and I've had some horrible luck getting them to drop.

Ashodin

It looks like we need to put together a guide for countries outside the US to get this game, several posts each page has someone coming in whining about how they can't get it :p

Owzers

ew....caved and bought a set of magic stones and ended up getting a 3 star earth golem....when i already had an earth guardian. Bad luck strikes again. I've spent about $10 so far on this game, what i'd pay for it if it were on psn.....anything more and i'm going to feel bad with this level of satisfaction.

Regarding the "x hr to go" counter listed on the helper select screen, Ashodin is correct that it's the amount of time that friend helper will be available for selection, and that the counter is reset whenever that friend logs out and logs back in. But there seems to be confusion as to where that calculation of hours comes from. I found a passage on the Google translated Chinese wiki, and the amount of hours depends on how closely that friend's rank matches your own. The closer in rank, the longer the game gives you to use that friend's helper after he's already logged out. That's why the game says that friends closer in rank will appear more often. To validate that information, I compared the "hr to go" number shown for a couple of friends who had logged out within the past half hour, a rank 45 and a rank 33. My rank is currently 30. On the helper selection screen, my rank 45 friend showed 9 hr to go, while my rank 33 friend showed 12 hr to go. Knowing how it works, it makes sense that your friend's rank is displayed directly above the "hr to go" counter, since they are directly related.

Here's the Google-translated wiki page where I found this info:

http://translate.googleusercontent....%A7%A3&usg=ALkJrhhuaD1voij5Vtp8zN-gwCPYjkDsYA

And here's the poorly-translated excerpt from that page:
Friends with the assistance of the monster can use the time by friends last login time calculation. If the friend just logged in, you can use his assistance monster, and can use the time usually is the the Friends Login final time after 12 hours, but you told friends grade will also influence the level difference between the greater available The shorter the time. So it is best to pay more level RANK relatively close friends.

Kurod

Banned
I started not too long ago and am really enjoying this game. It's way too addicting for my own good.

I just hit Rank 20 so if anyone wants to swap gifts pm me and let me know.

My ID is 394,631,296.

I got an Ammy from my tutorial roll and I have a quick question. The OP mentions to not feed her anything but +RCV. Does this mean no xp at all or just no other types of +monsters?

Did I goof or is she still salvagable?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I started not too long ago and am really enjoying this game. It's way too addicting for my own good.

I just hit Rank 20 so if anyone wants to swap gifts pm me and let me know.

My ID is 394,631,296.

I got an Ammy from my tutorial roll and I have a quick question. The OP mentions to not feed her anything but +RCV. Does this mean no xp at all or just no other types of +monsters?

You're fine, stats gained upon exp gains/level ups are fixed, he was talking about +RCU. But even then, that's really not a big deal, because you can still feed them +RCU, even if they're level 100. Really only if you're going for +999 (that's the limit I think?), then you'll run into that... and even THEN, individual +'s are minimal.

So really, don't worry. :D

Kurod

Banned
You're fine, stats gained upon exp gains/level ups are fixed, he was talking about +RCU. But even then, that's really not a big deal, because you can still feed them +RCU, even if they're level 100. Really only if you're going for +999 (that's the limit I think?), then you'll run into that... and even THEN, individual +'s are minimal.

So really, don't worry. :D

Guess I should start leveling her up then. It'll be nice getting more than 76 hp a turn.

Natiko

Banned
Just got my first really good (at least by my standards) monster, a Dark Golem Mk.III. Seems way better than the Beast Rider I pulled at the beginning, despite having raised it up to level 40.

MicH

I got a Lil' Black Dragon from the Pal machine today. Very happy! So far I've gotten a 4* Sylph and a 4* Vampire Zlotd from the rare gacha. Really happy with them.

Jinko

Went to sky dragon of forest 3 times.

Got a Strong version of the boss 3 times.

Wasted uses of 3 healers.

No such thing as a strong chance encounter, strong just means the boss can one shot you because you don't have high enough HP. (obviously depending on which helper you take will change how much HP you have)

Can not believe I wasted 80 stamina trying to get 2 blue sprites and only walked away with 1 /cry

You can feed her anything really, but should dump all your +RCV monsters on her, looking at one of the earlier screens it looks like you can max out +99 on all stats anyway. (297 combined)

Victrix

*beard*
If you're talking about Saphilits, don't waste your stamina - all your evo material stockpiling should be done tuesday through friday. As long as you expand your box space, you can easily fill up on enough evo material for the next week by running those dungeons.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ew....caved and bought a set of magic stones and ended up getting a 3 star earth golem....when i already had an earth guardian. Bad luck strikes again. I've spent about $10 so far on this game, what i'd pay for it if it were on psn.....anything more and i'm going to feel bad with this level of satisfaction.
Yeah I'm glad GungHo is able to make money with PAD but I can't stomach the idea of a consumable IAP that you use on a randomized result that factors in luck. It's disheartening enough getting lacking monsters with the in-game acquired stones, can't even imagine with ones you spent real money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom