• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a monty@gaf on my list but no GC@GAF, weird. It's still letting you use me? If not you can just add me again.

I did get the present and I think I got either lil' white dragon or ptera from it, thank you.
Yeah, I just changed my name to more easily associate with my GAF handle. Maybe the server didn't update your end yet. But I don't think it should drop me from your list, since my ID is still the same.

Aww, was hoping you got something better. Oh, well. You're welcome.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize you only get one of the starter dragons. Thought it was the same as a rare gacha pull.

Owzers

no 5 star monster for me on my rare pull after saving up stones, landed a 3 star mystic ice knight....it will be useful at least on fire stages.

Victrix

*beard*
no 5 star monster for me on my rare pull after saving up stones, landed a 3 star mystic ice knight....it will be useful at least on fire stages.

Mystic Ice Knight owns. It's an orb changer and has solid stats and has multiple evolutions.

The rare machine gives a lot of 3 star monsters that can evolve to 5 star forms later, and are rare drops that are hard to find otherwise.

The utility of puzzlemons you pull from the rare machine may not be evident at first, but unless you know exactly what you're doing, never throw them away or feed them to another creature. Some are, in fact, crappy, but others are useful or very useful once evolved.

I still say box space is more important after you have a decent team going. If you rerolled until you got a good rare machine only creature and got lucky with your next two/three pulls, the rest of your stones should be going into box space until you can hold evo material from all four daily dungeons (tues-friday), and your team, and extras.

Otherwise you're going to be limited to basically ONLY your one team, which sucks if you need to change your party for a dungeon.

The early game is dead easy with a good initial roll and a helpful friend, it starts to get tougher once you pass the Castle of Satan and the first several Technical dungeons, or Expert version of Sky Dragon etc.

Jinko

The early game is dead easy with a good initial roll and a helpful friend, it starts to get tougher once you pass the Castle of Satan and the first several Technical dungeons, or Expert version of Sky Dragon etc.

Yup, I have pretty much come to a wall at this point, I got no gods or 5 star monsters so am havnig to grind like crazy to level what I have :(

Agree that box space becomes a lot more important though once you need to start farming for XP.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got the 2 star yellow and a blue dragon... sucks draw.

You can only get copies of the starter dragons from presents. Since yellow/dark you can't pick, they're the most valuable things you can get out of the presents, objectively. But.. whatever you got, all you can possibly get is a 2star dragon. :p

ParityBit

You can only get copies of the starter dragons from presents. Since yellow/dark you can't pick, they're the most valuable things you can get out of the presents, objectively. But.. whatever you got, all you can possibly get is a 2star dragon. :p

Anyone keep multiple of the stater dragons? Or do you fuse them off?

TP17

Just finished the tutorial and got a Thanatos. Seems pretty cool, gives 2x hp to dark creatures.

My ID is 316,345,208 if anyone wants to add me, I sent some requests to those on the spreadsheet already.

Saprol

Been throwing away stamina looking for an Evolve Mask. Game decided it'd be better to give me a Lil Blue Dragon instead. ???

Do they have to be the same rarity level to up the skill?

Starter dragons actually change skills (name is different and ATK multiplier goes up) when they evolve, so that doesn't really turn into a lasting benefit.

The +1's to HP/RCV/ATK should transfer fine to whatever monster you want.

Added myself to the spreadsheet.

I feel like my squad has an identity crisis. I'm heavy into purple but don't have any ways to convert other orbs to purple if I try to leverage it all. I don't have a lot of healing. I've got a dryad I'm slowly trying to level up but I find it hard to squeeze her into my lineups (rank 18, 32 team cost). I do have a level 2 carbuncle.

So far, I've picked up a few 5 stars: Tiamat, Lilith, Yomi, and Fortoytops. I usually roll with Fortoytops for his damage reduction against wood and water but lately I've been going with some lesser leaders to free up some points for the others.

xCobalt

Nope, only way is via the rare gacha or the premium friendship gacha

You can't obtain any of the starters from the Rare Gacha. Light and Dark starters are exclusive to the friendship gift and the other starters can be gotten from a few special dungeons.

Added myself to the spreadsheet.

I feel like my squad has an identity crisis. I'm heavy into purple but don't have any ways to convert other orbs to purple if I try to leverage it all. I don't have a lot of healing. I've got a dryad I'm slowly trying to level up but I find it hard to squeeze her into my lineups (rank 18, 32 team cost). I do have a level 2 carbuncle.

So far, I've picked up a few 5 stars: Tiamat, Lilith, Yomi, and Fortoytops. I usually roll with Fortoytops for his damage reduction against wood and water but lately I've been going with some lesser leaders to free up some points for the others.

Consider evolving a Baddie (purple blob in low level dungeon). It isn't that strong but its ability is pretty useful as it changes heal orbs into dark orbs. Although it might conflict with your problems of healing.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Man the weekend dungeon is so good for coins, will have 700k or more when it ends. Up to rank 47 now too.

xelios

I am still trying to figure out my wood/dark dragon team and could use some advice from anyone with experience about my dilemma with a healer partner vs another ADK.

What I'm using at the moment:

• Ancient Dragon Knight (5* wood leader - +2.5x damage for dragons - fire to wood orb changer)
  • Chaos Dragon Knight (5* dark dragon - light to dark orb changer)
  • Vampire Lord (4* dark - heart to dark orb changer)
  • Brachys (4* wood starter dragon - ready to be evolved with 1 more evo material)
  • Lilith (4* dark healer that can't heal for shit) or Basilisk (4* dark dragon almost ready to be evolved)

I usually use someone elses ADK in addition to mine so as you can see I have plenty of orb changers and damage and have brute forced through Tower of Flare so far. Occasionally I use the ONE Amaterasu Ookami on my friend list for wtf healing, and I have a couple of Viper Orochis on there as well.

Sitting in my monster box not being used are [Mandrake] [2 Dark Dragon Knights] [Echidna the Red Empress] [Amaterasu] [Valkyrie], last three being irrelevant to my dark/wood team -- anything I should switch out or be evolving immediately and what the hell am I supposed to do about a healer? Using other peoples Alraunes? Then that takes my damage down from not having another ADK, then things get slooow...so I really am lost. I have a feeling I need another Chaos Dragon Knight for something ultimately, but for healing am clueless.

elty

What's the purpose of having 2 starter Dragon then? Just a exp fodder?

xCobalt

I am still trying to figure out my wood/dark dragon team and could use some advice from anyone with experience about my dilemma with a healer partner vs another ADK.

• Ancient Dragon Knight (5* wood leader - +2.5x damage for dragons - fire to wood orb changer)
  • Brachys (4* wood starter dragon)
  • Lilith (4* dark healer that can't heal for shit) or Basilisk (4* dark dragon)

I usually use someone elses ADK in addition to mine so as you can see I have plenty of orb changers and damage and have brute forced through Tower of Flare so far. Occasionally I use the ONE Amaterasu Okami on my friend list for wtf healing, and I have a couple of Viper Orochis on there as well.

Sitting in my monster box not being used are [Mandrake] [2 Dark Dragon Knights] [Echidna the Red Empress] [Amaterasu] [Valkyrie], last three being irrelevant to my dark/wood team -- anything I should switch out or be evolving immediately and what the hell am I supposed to do about a healer? Using other peoples Alraunes? Then that takes my damage down from not having another ADK, then things get slooow...so I really am lost.

You might have to start developing a secondary team until your ADK team is only composed of only dragon types as having other types loses effectiveness. You could do something like healer + Odin/element resistor (which is what I usually run with) against troublesome dungeons.

What's the purpose of having 2 starter Dragon then? Just a exp fodder?

Early on, starter dragons are much better than anything else you can get in dungeons. If you get duplicates, one can benefit the other with their leader ability.

xelios

You might have to start developing a secondary team until your ADK team is only composed of only dragon types as having other types loses effectiveness. You could do something like healer + Odin/element resistor (which is what I usually run with) against troublesome dungeons.

Well I can already form a team of all dragons besides Vampire Lord, which I'm guessing I may or may not need for heart > dark orb switching, unless I should evolve another Chaos Dragon Knight in his place, or alternatively replace Lilith or Basilisk with one? Where am I headed with that team?

mr. puppy

Banned
this game is ridiculous. i have 5 monsters that are all ass and then I get to add another guy's monster to my party that is like 25 levels higher and I can just make all of my gem moves have him attack an I win everything? whats the point in me even leveling up?

i'm like level 11 and it hasn't changed at all.

xelios

this game is ridiculous. i have 5 monsters that are all ass and then I get to add another guy's monster to my party that is like 25 levels higher and I can just make all of my gem moves have him attack an I win everything? whats the point in me even leveling up?

i'm like level 11 and it hasn't changed at all.

Because you will hit a difficulty wall very soon with dungeons where you won't be capable of that. If you WANT more difficulty (which it sounds like), don't worry, the game will slam you with it.

I am still trying to figure out my wood/dark dragon team and could use some advice from anyone with experience.

• Brachys (4* wood starter dragon)
  • Mandrake (4* wood healer, need to evolve to Alraune, arghhh)

I usually use someone elses ADK in addition to mine so as you can see I have plenty of orb changers and damage and have brute forced through Tower of Flare so far. Occasionally I use the ONE Amaterasu Okami on my friend list for wtf healing, and I have a couple of Viper Orochis on there as well.

Sitting in my monster box not being used are [Lilith] [Basilisk] [Dark Dragon Knight] [Echidna the Red Empress] [Amaterasu] [Valkyrie], last three being irrelevant to my dark/wood team -- anything I should switch out or be evolving immediately and what the hell am I supposed to do about a healer? Using other peoples Alraunes? Then that takes my damage down from not having another ADK, then things get slooow...so I really am lost.
How coincidental that you just posted this. I was gonna post that I FINALLY completed the Sky Dragon of Wood dungeon on adept difficulty. I run a 6.25 Dark/Wood ADK team, too. I'm usually using your ADK. =p

Anyway, you're right, the team hits hard, and I haven't ran into a normal dungeon I couldn't beat yet. I'm up to the Twin Temple Apollo, and only haven't advanced because I'm taking advantage of all the special dungeons, today. Still have over 325K gold after maxing out 3 pets. I just need some damn evo materials now. The only dungeon I hadn't been able to crack is the Sky Dragon, simply because he has too much HP to kill him before he kills me. I finally got an Alraune friend and tried her out, knowing I'd be cutting my attack damage in half. I beat the Sky Dragon of Wood on the first try! Sky Dragon would take me down to only 300HP with every attack, but Alraune would fully heal me every 3 turns that it took for the Dragon to attack. As long as I made an orb combo every turn, I was healing for over 1700HP every turn. I never even needed to use her special skill which heals you completely, but I had it ready and charged just in case I flubbed and accidentally wasted a turn without making any matches.

So, I would highly recommend trying out some Alraune friends in dungeons where 6.25 ADK just won't cut it. In fact, you're fortunate to also have your own Mandrake. I'd make evolving her a top priority. It seems there are a lot of ADKs online, and for the times you don't have an available Alraune friend, you can main your own Alraune and use an ADK friend instead.

xelios

How coincidental that you just posted this. I was gonna post that I FINALLY completed the Sky Dragon of Wood dungeon on adept difficulty. I run a 6.25 Dark/Wood ADK team, too. I'm usually using your ADK. =p

Anyway, you're right, the team hits hard, and I haven't ran into a normal dungeon I couldn't beat yet. I'm up to the Twin Temple Apollo, and only haven't advanced because I'm taking advantage of all the special dungeons, today. Still have over 325K gold after maxing out 3 pets. I just need some damn evo materials now. The only dungeon I hadn't been able to crack is the Sky Dragon, simply because he has too much HP to kill him before he kills me. I finally got an Alraune friend and tried her out, knowing I'd be cutting my attack damage in half. I beat the Sky Dragon of Wood on the first try! Sky Dragon would take me down to only 300HP with every attack, but Alraune would fully heal me every 3 turns that it took for the Dragon to attack. As long as I made an orb combo every turn, I was healing for over 1700HP every turn. I never even needed to use her special skill which heals you completely, but I had it ready and charged just in case I flubbed and accidentally wasted a turn without making any matches.

So, I would highly recommend trying out some Alraune friends in dungeons where 6.25 ADK just won't cut it. In fact, you're fortunate to also have your own Mandrake. I'd make evolving her a top priority. It seems there are a lot of ADKs online, and for the times you don't have an available Alraune friend, you can main your own Alraune and use an ADK friend instead.

Thanks, and that makes sense (evolving my Alraune, which was already a priority). But at Castle of Satan+ the enemies start hitting much, much harder and the only healer I'm finding that can keep up is Amaterasu Ookami. Alternatively I am still doing fine with brute force (ADK + ADK leaders, dragons as rest of team). Supposedly eventually it gets so bad you need Viper Orochi not to be one shot, or Echidna the Red Empress (to delay enemy attacks giving you enough turns to wail on the boss(es) ).

I did some further reading on the net about my team and it appears it should be filled with all Ancient & Chaos Dragon Knights, replacing a leader with Viper Orochi or non-leader with Echidna the Red Empress as needed (which I have, woo!) when things get tougher.

There's also the option with using all elemental resist dragons with Amaterasu Ookami for master dungeons, and a healer team with Valkyrie leader (which I also have). So many builds I'm going insane.

Natiko

Banned
How tough is the Hunt Emerald Dragons! dungeon? I don't want to blow most of my stamina if there's no chance of me surviving.

Owzers

How tough is the Hunt Emerald Dragons! dungeon? I don't want to blow most of my stamina if there's no chance of me surviving.

do you have any decent monsters? it's fairly easy, emerald dragons don't do much damage. I like my succubus's poison skill so i can insta kill whichever round is toughest.

xCobalt

Well I can already form a team of all dragons besides Vampire Lord, which I'm guessing I may or may not need for heart > dark orb switching, unless I should evolve another Chaos Dragon Knight in his place, or alternatively replace Lilith or Basilisk with one? Where am I headed with that team?

Basilisk will be more useful to you once you evolve him and add a Wood Element to him. Not sure what levels your monsters are but I would personally replace Vampire Lord with Basilisk. I almost have an ADK team fully constructed but I'm planning to use them in Water or Light dungeons...just waiting to get the Dark/Wood Tiatmat. It'd be difficult to survive anything else.

xelios

Basilisk will be more useful to you once you evolve him and add a Wood Element to him. Not sure what levels your monsters are but I would personally replace Vampire Lord with Basilisk. I almost have an ADK team fully constructed but I'm planning to use them in Water or Light dungeons...just waiting to get the Dark/Wood Tiatmat. It'd be difficult to survive anything else.

My Basilisk is pretty much ready to be evolved into Tiamat. It makes sense having a team that's strong for specific dungeon types, but this is really my only team at the moment. The only other "good" things I have for other teams are the Echidna, Amaterasu and Valkyrie I mentioned. Guess it will be time to farm or gacha.

Jinko

Very easy, take in a team of 2 element, 2 element 2 element (including your helper) and you can get through its fairly fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom