• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

You want to have 2-3 ADK in your team!

So do I want 2 OR 3?

Man, I may have had decent luck during God fest, but I just did 8 runs in the dungeon and got 1(!?!) Knight to drop.

Outside of how many knights we want .... is it better to concentrate on max skill one ADK or making them all even in skill level? I am assuming best to skill one up to max.

I've been having an incredible level of luck with the jewel dragon dungeons the past few days.

I got five king ruby's in four runs yesterday (along with two highs) I was able to max my 5* Shiva for evo once I get two mystic masks. Got a whole mess of king emeralds this morning, so I've maxed the 5* sasuke (those stats on the 6* are insane!). Even though I don't have a Parvati his stats get too high not to go for.

5.0 definitely makes a case for non-dragon focused teams (I just wish I could have picked up an Isis, Bastet, or Horus yesterday)

Did I see something about Norse gods getting buffed in 5.1? I just got a freyja yesterday and I'm trying to decide whether to focus on her or partavi for my green team leader. Right now they're both 5* and level 30.

MicH

Did I see something about Norse gods getting buffed in 5.1? I just got a freyja yesterday and I'm trying to decide whether to focus on her or partavi for my green team leader. Right now they're both 5* and level 30.
Yep, the norse Gods get a ultimate evolution in 5.1 and gain a subtype (Loki gets Demon, Idunn & Idunna gets Healer, and I think Freyja becomes Technique, but I'm not sure).

Well, there are advantages to both leaders. Dual Parvati leaders gets you 2.25x ATK, RCV and HP, while dual Freyja gets you 4x ATK and RCV. And then there's Freyja + Artemis where you get 4x ATK, 2x HP and 2x RCV.

You can also do Parvati + Freyja (3x ATK, 3x RCV, 1.5x HP) or Parvati + Artemis (3x ATK, 1.5 RCV, 3x HP). It's really up to what you prefer :)

Both Freyja and Parvati are also excellent subs in a green team.

Dawg

Is it still worth deleting/replaying the tutorial for a god monster? I'm currently starting a sub account and the best I got was a succubus/Dark Mystic Knight.

Wondering if I should just play with those or keep trying for a better monster.

razterik

Yep, the norse Gods get a ultimate evolution in 5.1 and gain a subtype (Loki gets Demon, Idunn & Idunna gets Healer, and I think Freyja becomes Technique

Actually, I think it's Idunn & Idunna who go Technique and Freyja is the Healer. There's been some confusion on that.

SaberVulcan

So... I just spent all of my stamina failing on Dragon Guardian thrice. I only really have strong blue monsters. Im pretty sure I will have to roll with a Green Ripper and healer, and just take forever to kill them. Tried to use someones Horus and failed miserably ;\.

LProtag

I think I'm stalling. Here's the monsters I have:

Enchida, Flame Knight, Mermaid, Earth Guardian, Mystic Stone Knight, Loki

Then a bunch of fighters and goblins and what not common stuff. I'm at Fire Forest Nerva. What should I be focusing on now?

Then a bunch of fighters and goblins and what not common stuff. I'm at Fire Forest Nerva. What should I be focusing on now?

Do you have any friends that have a meteor volcano dragon? That monster blacks 50% of all red attacks. In the next phase (sea cave mercury) you should be able to get marine goblins. These can be used to skill up your mermaid. Your mermaid should be your top priority as she is very useful for the entire game (especially when she is max skilled).

Also keep Any. "Lil' " dragons and start working on them . Very useful dragons

OTIX

In the long run you want to evolve your stone knight to an ADK. For now you could try an all dark team with Loki as leader, try to find some helpers with Vampire Lords.

MicH

So the Holy Skydragon of Light returns tomorrow. This brings me back. When I started Light and Dark Skydragons were up for the first time and they were one of the first dragons in my Monster Book. Back then I could only complete Adept, but tomorrow I'm gonna crush Expert and Master :D The Holy Skydragon of Light has been one of my favorite dragon designs since that very day :D

157013_599811923380737_2031756740_n.jpg

Uthred

Well I played around with RA for a few hours in endless corridor using Isis as my sub leader. First observation and most obvious was that Isis's leader skill is ridiculously easy to get compared to Ra. After a while I was starting to get the 5 combo more often though. There were a number of times when I was thinking boy it would be awesome to have Venus or Yomi's active skill. The other thing I think that would be very helpful is having a max skill Vampire and a Gigas. That way you've almost always got the ability to swap the Heal orbs to something. It's certainly no easy feat getting the combo to hit but when it does BOOOM! Overall I'm loving the Egyptian Gods. They really bring back the puzzle aspect of the game for me. I was sitting there working out how I needed to move much more then I would with something like an ADK team. It makes the game that much more fun imo. All you Isis and Horus people are very lucky they seem like the best of the Egyptian gods. Can't wait for the next Egyptian godfest!

Wouldnt something like a max skill Gryps rider be better than a vampire or gigas? He gets rid of heart orbs but you get two colour for the "price" of one (both of which he can use to activate attacks)

ParityBit

So the Holy Skydragon of Light returns tomorrow. This brings me back. When I started Light and Dark Skydragons were up for the first time and they were one of the first dragons in my Monster Book. Back then I could only complete Adept, but tomorrow I'm gonna crush Expert and Master :D The Holy Skydragon of Light has been one of my favorite dragon designs since that very day :D

157013_599811923380737_2031756740_n.jpg

Oh man, does he hit as hard as the green one? I still have not gotten that to drop for me yet.

ccbfan

Oh man, does he hit as hard as the green one? I still have not gotten that to drop for me yet.

Nope, Light dragons for some reason are always the easiest. (Noble mech was by far the easiest mech dragon)

Pretty much any siren + half damager will make you invincible versus the dragon.

Isis is currently the most common Egyptian god in my friend list. I have 3 base and 3 evolved Isis on my list. One of my friends who usually runs a +297 Awoken Zeus already has a +285 evolved Isis. o_O I'm almost regretting not pulling until I got either an Isis or Horus, but looking forward to Goemon makes me feel better. I'll still have a chance at them during the Greek event, in which I'm anticipating to do more pulls than I did yesterday. I hope they combine it with Japanese gods instead of Indian ones, because I already have every single Indian god, but could use another low-level Viper Orochi, since I evolved mine. Having said that, GungHo will now proceed to troll me by making it either a Greek/Indian event, or if they do Greek/Japanese event, it'll be combined with a Water event so that Viper Orochi comes out at Lvl.30.

I got a RA as well and will be interested to see what you end up deciding on going with for a team. Viper Orochi is the only team member I've decided is a must. Otherwise I've got a Gryps Rider I'm contemplating on using also. Hunting a Gigas and already have a Vampire I'll start working on also. I keep seeing people mention how important Dual Element mobs can be on the egyptian teams. Is it solely because you could potentially use the dual element on something to free up a slot on your team to use for something else? I have a Divinegon I could potentially dual element but not sure it's worth the evo mats to do. Not to mention it would take a crapload of XP to get him to a useful point as well.
That's one reason. They can also make triggering the Egyptian leader abilities more consistent. Though, their usefulness is lessened on a Ra team, since Ra needs all 5 colors to trigger anyway. Isis only needs 3 colors to trigger, so you can build a 3 color team, but have the other 2 colors as sub-elements in case your 3 primary elements aren't all available on the board. Riders in particular fit well because they're dual-element as well as orb changers.

I also thought about Vampire and Gigas, as well as Siegfried, to have 4 different Hearts to orb changers. Obviously, they can't be used at the same time, but it gives you great flexibility in setting up the board for a 5 color combo when you can choose to convert your Hearts to any of 4 different colors. I'll need to playtest that build to see how much easier it makes triggering Ra's skill.

[US] Puzzle & Dragons Database 17 Mar Update:
Version 5.0 Monster Book is updated. Thanks UPC for the information.
If you see any error, please let me know. Ogre series will be corrected tomorrow, and technical dungeons are on going.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/
Thanks! Also, the search box doesn't work on the home page for me, but it works in the main site.

OTIX

When the ADK dungeon was here the first time I only got 2 skillups from 25 stone knights. Today I got 2 for 6 and maxed him out.

All right Gungho, we'll call it even.

lordcyno

asian wikis list the light dragon at 6570 every 2 turns on master with no resist

unfortunately, dark dragon is listed at 6570 every turn with no resist

compared to the other sky dragons

wood dragon was 15570 every 3 turns

water dragon was 8820 every 2 turns

fire dragon was 4320 every turn

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's one reason. They can also make triggering the Egyptian leader abilities more consistent. Though, their usefulness is lessened on a Ra team, since Ra needs all 5 colors to trigger anyway. Isis only needs 3 colors to trigger, so you can build a 3 color team, but have the other 2 colors as sub-elements in case your 3 primary elements aren't all available on the board. Riders in particular fit well because they're dual-element as well as orb changers.

I also thought about Vampire and Gigas, as well as Siegfried, to have 4 different Hearts to orb changers. Obviously, they can't be used at the same time, but it gives you great flexibility in setting up the board for a 5 color combo when you can choose to convert your Hearts to any of 4 different colors. I'll need to playtest that build to see how much easier it makes triggering Ra's skill.

This site (http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/610.html) suggests running dual Isis with evolved dual minerva, hades and ceres along with a vamp or valk. That's what I'm working towards now.

KuroNeeko

Actually, I think it's Idunn & Idunna who go Technique and Freyja is the Healer. There's been some confusion on that.

Idunn & Idunna are technique.

She's been on my want list a looooong time, but now even more so since she'll work well with my main, Chiyome. :/

This site (http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/610.html) suggests running dual Isis with evolved dual minerva, hades and ceres along with a vamp or valk. That's what I'm working towards now.

Actually, the two examples here are just that - examples. The party on top focuses more on light damage, while the party on the bottom focuses on dark. They suggest that you add monsters with sub-elements just to help proc Isis's ability more consistently. You should also consider adding a switcher (heart → orb) to your party to help prevent accidental matches.

The two weak points of this team are that it requires more skill to be successful and their overall lower stats. They mention though that as long as you can fill the slots with monsters of each element, you can experiment with any units that you like.

That's one of the reasons I really like Isis and have been trying to get her forever. She only requires that you match 3. After that you can tailor your party to whatever you want. She's much, MUCH easier to use than her brother / son Horus (which I have.) Still, with Vamp getting an upgrade (I think?), you may want to look at trying to get him in your party.

ParityBit

Does the skill-ups carry through evolves? I have 5 knights to try on my ADK, but I am thinking for the other.

Also, how many skill-ups are max? I am going to keep only 2 ADK's I think. I want as many chances for a skill-up as I can

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Actually, the two examples here are just that - examples. The party on top focuses more on light damage, while the party on the bottom focuses on dark. They suggest that you add monsters with sub-elements just to help proc Isis's ability more consistently. You should also consider adding a switcher (heart → orb) to your party to help prevent accidental matches.

The two weak points of this team are that it requires more skill to be successful and their overall lower stats. They mention though that as long as you can fill the slots with monsters of each element, you can experiment with any units that you like.

That's one of the reasons I really like Isis and have been trying to get her forever. She only requires that you match 3. After that you can tailor your party to whatever you want. She's much, MUCH easier to use than her brother / son Horus (which I have.) Still, with Vamp getting an upgrade (I think?), you may want to look at trying to get him in your party.

Yeah, I use a More Cu now for that, a heart-changer. And tbh I feel naked without using an Echidna on any team. Such a lifesaver for when I screw up. Isis teams are pretty darn flexible as long as you cover the colors.

razterik

Does the skill-ups carry through evolves? I have 5 knights to try on my ADK, but I am thinking for the other.

Also, how many skill-ups are max? I am going to keep only 2 ADK's I think. I want as many chances for a skill-up as I can

They carry through unless the skill changes, like the lil' dragons change. ADK maxed at 5 turns.

daw840

Well I have 1 DK and now 2 MSKs

I'm debating feeding one to my DK but I might wait until I get mg mystic mask and I can upgrade him. Hmm.

SaintR

Wanted to add to the GAF posse for this game. I already put my info in the spreadsheet in the op but I wanted to post just in case anyone needed a particular mob ATM.

Useful subs I have are ( screenshot would make it easier but don't know how to post it) Idunn & Idunna, Fortune deity lashkmi, viper orochi, Siren, Rippers (all except light(not evolved yet)), Vamp lord, Echidna Red empress, and fully evolved Thanatos, probably useful only for special light dungeons.

Waiting to be evolved are Berserk and Dragon knight(ADK)

J0dy77

[US] Puzzle & Dragons Database 17 Mar Update:
Version 5.0 Monster Book is updated. Thanks UPC for the information.
If you see any error, please let me know. Ogre series will be corrected tomorrow, and technical dungeons are on going.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

Thanks for all of your work on the site. Looks great and love the growth curves.

Glad the Blue Skydragon is cycling out tomorrow. I've fed my 2nd Siren 40+ and a ton during this 2x event and still have 2 skillups to go. Need a break from it.

I'm going to be leaning on friends lists heavily for the light resist. That's the only Ripper I don't have evolved.

What are these Rippers everyone keeps referencing? Searching for them on the Wiki turns up nothing.

Rippers are the fully evolved versions of "Lil Dragons". It started somewhere way back in the thread as a reference to their 20k attack at turn 15. I don't think anyone outside of this thread calls them that.

major bust on the Dragon dungeon today. Been running it all day and got 1 MSK to drop (skill up though, so woo).

First 3 times I ran, I saw an MSK on just about every level with only 1 drop to show for it.

MicH

Spent three stones on stamina refills only running Dragon Guardian. I can get in 5 runs per stamina block and need ONE skill up from max. Gonna keep running until I get it. Having a hard time finding healers or Wood resists now, though :/

OTIX

Spent three stones on stamina refills only running Dragon Guardian. I can get in 5 runs per stamina block and need ONE skill up from max. Gonna keep running until I get it. Having a hard time finding healers or Wood resists now, though :/
I've been using my usual ADK team for it all day. Very quick and easy, usually oneshot the bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom