• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Charging Rippers in round 1....accidently trigger a 14 combo.

4 Devils on the next level, they kill me on the 3rd round. Rippers charged as I die.

dat stamina loss

What types of teams are you guys taking in that the devils are causing that much a problem? If you take a siren/resist leader team throw a rainbow and a mech dragon in the middle. With 10-11k HP you can tank at least 2 rounds of little devil hits. Throw the max siren skill in there in round 5 and you can easily heal through it for more rounds.

TimeKillr

Okay so I'd like to know what you guys think about this.

Last weekend's godfest left me with 2 green Odins (lol also got me 2 new Freyrs, including an evolved one, and I just evolved mine last week...)

I was wondering if it would be worth it to leave one underleveled and unevolved to use for his leader skill and one to evolve/max level to use as a sub.

My logic is that when evolved/maxed, his HP is very high (4000+) which makes the total HP for the team much higher, therefore making his leader skill harder to activate (the more HP you have, the more you need to heal to get to 100%).

Now I know there's a logic error in there, since if I have 20k life, and I absorb 80% of a hit, it'll be the same as if I had 2k life, but what I'm wondering is for pre-boss fights rather than on boss fights themselves, where it would be much more difficult to activate. On boss fights it makes no difference HP-wise and you're better off with higher ATK and RCV, that's a given.

But also if he's maxed, on a Parv team, he makes a great stat sub since by himself he provides more than 9k HP to the entire team.

So I'm torn. Here are my options:

1- Evolve/max level one, leave the other underleveled
2- Evolve/max level one, fuse away (or sell) the other

I don't think 2 in a team would be worthwhile as he'd be taking the spot of an orb changer.

Ultimately, the team I'd like the most for a Parvati team would be
Parvati leader
Evolved Cu Chulainn (his new form is crazy - his stats start out pretty high, so there's no real reason to level him up!)
ADK (max skill would've been nice, but I got one skillup this weekend spending like 5 stones, so screw it)
Wood golem (5k life? Yes please!)
free sub spot (either max level evolved Odin or Alraune if I need more RCV)
Parvati or Artemis friend leader

With this kind of setup, at any time my 3 orb changers are up (if I have 2 Parvatis) I can turn all Water + Fire + Heal into Wood, which makes for verrrry high attack.

I think I also like Artemis more than Parv as a friend leader, but I only have one friend who has an Artemis, and her leader skill essentially is a combo of Parvati + Cu Chulainn, which while verry nice and could potentially allow me to swap out my Cu Chulainn for something else (I could keep Alraune + Odin, for example, or put in the Wood Ninja if I get him, although I think his active is a shitty one - the other Ninjas have either dark/light -> Color or Color -> Light/Dark). Artemis giving more HP + ATK is good, imo. Parv/Parv is invincible due to HP/RCV, but Parv/Artemis will still have pretty good RCV, not to mention very high HP (especially with a wood mech and maxed evolved odin) so we'll see once we get there.

This is getting insane. I bought too many stones and pulled way too much, as the result is I have way too much teams to work on.

Here's my current lineup!

ADK team:
ADK
Green Ripper
Dark Mech
Dark Ripper
CDK

Parv team:
Evolved Parv
Cu Chulainn
ADK
Green Ripper
Susano no Mikoto (for dmg resist in hedge cases

Working on for this team:
Evolving Cu Chulainn
Getting Wood Mech
Evolving + Maxing Odin

Shiva team:
Evolved Shiva (leader)
Evolved Horus
Phoenix Knight
Evolved Freyr
Echidna

Working on:
Evolving/Maxing Gigas (unsure if I'll get the final evo on him, we'll see), I need another orb changer here
Fire golem
(I have a 2nd Shiva I could use for stats, too)

Dark team (I can make one now!)
Vamp Lord or Loki as leader (working on evolving both to max, not sure which one I should use, but if I use Loki, Vamp Lord will get a place as a sub)
Hattori Hanzo (working on evolving him)
Dark golem (working on evolving him)
evolved Lilith (some poison!)

Valk team (pretty much battle ready, just need to level them up a bit)
Great Valk (apparently her evolution isn't worth it?)
Max skill Siren
Echidna Red Empress x2
Evolved Lilith

I can swap out the Lilith or an Echidna for a 2nd max skill Siren, if needs be.

I'm unsure what I should *really* work on right now. My ADK team is working very well, and doesn't need leveling that much (it would be nice if everything was max level, but it's really not necessary). My Parvati team is getting very very good, but the problem is I have like 3-4 friends with Parvati leaders, so I'm not getting much use out of them. Same problem with Shiva team - few evolved Shiva friends. Dark team needs some love too (although once again no Loki or Vamp Lord friends). My Valk team is very good, and is pretty much ready to tackle Hera when she pops around next time.

I also have an evolved Lakhsmi, although very few good blue subs (Siren, I can make a blue Knight soon, blue ripper, Isis and I can make a blue golem - Isis is great, but only as a leader!)

So that's my thing. My feeling is I should finish up my Parvati team, then maybe focus on my Shiva team, but I'm not 100% convinced this is the way to go. I'd like to eventually be able to farm +eggs, and with a Dark Golem I have a verry good team to do that (even if I sub him in a Parv team instead, just to be sure I benefit from all that).

I could also build teams around Horus or Isis - Isis being much easier to use, I could do that, but I have no idea what to use as subs for this.

Holy shit this is a huge wall of text. Wow,

What types of teams are you guys taking in that the devils are causing that much a problem? If you take a siren/resist leader team throw a rainbow and a mech dragon in the middle. With 10-11k HP you can tank at least 2 rounds of little devil hits. Throw the max siren skill in there in round 5 and you can easily heal through it for more rounds.

i'm 3 team cost away from being able to roster my mechdragon w/ the rest of the rippers. I was able to make it through 2 rounds of the barrage, but didn't have enough juice for the 3rd. Poor execution on my part.

Kosh

What are you guys doing about pruning your friend list? Is 8 days a reasonable amount of time to delete someone if they haven't logged in?

harrytang

What are you guys doing about pruning your friend list? Is 8 days a reasonable amount of time to delete someone if they haven't logged in?

oh man. im always looking for reason to boot someone. 1-2 days means you off my list. also, if their level starts to fall far below mine i boot them. if you fifty levels above or below someone you only show up on their list as usable for about an hour. the closer in level the longer you have to utilize a friend. tough with only 50 slots.

Radav

Yeah I prune as much by level as I do by the amount of time they haven't logged on. I can't bring myself to spend anymore stones on increasing my friends list though so pruning is a must.

Have you guys looked at the stats on the new Ninjas? They make amazing additions to a mono color team. Now I'm really sad I didn't happen to pull one this past weekend. lol

harrytang

going off the wiki, those Unicorns that show up in light sky hit for 13k damage, so 7k with resist, with 2 turns between attacks and 200k health. i know my team would not have been able to auto heal if encountered so be prepared. I have a siren thats almost max skill but i might have had to use stones. still no confirmation that it's in these dungeons for NA.

MicH

I usually delete those who haven't been on in 5-7 days (though this depends on how many free spaces I have open. 0 spaces? 1-2 days :p). I also delete by level. I currently have 80 friend spaces, so I used a few stones to expand. I find this necessary when using speciality teams (monocolor, Egyptian etc) so you have a decent amount of friend leaders you can use.

I am really happy for my green ninja. He has the same active skill as Parvati (who I do not have) and as, you said Radav, his stats are amazing at high level and evolved. Really can't wait to get that Green Keeper tomorrow so I can evolve him :D I really want that dark ninja, though.

Khar

If they're GAF then I keep them for up to two weeks with no logging in.

Randoms -- if they meet any of these criteria:
Don't log in for 7 days
Too low level -- I'm nearly level 100 and I recently pruned a few people around level 50. They hardly ever showed up on my friends lists and the leaders were too under powered for them to be any use
Had a good leader to lure me in with that they never put up again weeks later

I had a GAFer on my list when I was just starting. I only had a lowly Dryad but I was so grateful for their help that I sent - unbidden - my level 20 gift to try and make up for my uselessness. Three days later they deleted me which made me go waaaah!

So I try and be relatively nice on friends lists deletions.

J0dy77

i'm 3 team cost away from being able to roster my mechdragon w/ the rest of the rippers. I was able to make it through 2 rounds of the barrage, but didn't have enough juice for the 3rd. Poor execution on my part.

Are you using a Rainbow Keeper? They help a lot with the 3k HP.

Uthred

Shouldnt play P&D first thing in the morning, didnt realise I went into Skydragon of Light Master with the wrong team, goodbye 50 stamina

J0dy77

used him for an evo last week and the asshole wouldn't drop for me last tuesday. Going to try and run it a few times tomorrow. Miss that HP

I burned a couple of mine this week but always leave one on the bench. I'm going to farm Rainbow a lot tomorrow. I need to get at least 3 or 4 more. Hoping the 2x drop is still on and it doesn't screw me like last time it was up.

Radav

I burned a couple of mine this week but always leave one on the bench. I'm going to farm Rainbow a lot tomorrow. I need to get at least 3 or 4 more. Hoping the 2x drop is still on and it doesn't screw me like last time it was up.

I need to do the same thing. I've gotta see if I can come up with at least 3 Rainbow Keepers tomorrow. Hopefully that 2x drop rate is very kind to us.

ToxicAdam

I got a little carried away farming the Emerald Dragon Dungeon yesterday. I am now the proud owner of 65 little greens. Which means I need to farm/level up 32 green Pendgras and plants now. :O

Rekwest

This guy is a food,but a good food for what monster?
2013-03-17203849_zpsc406cd99.png

Count me in for rainbow keepers tomorrow. I need two for Busty evoing my Light starter, and I need a few extra just to have (maybe for evolving the guardians).

But Rainbows are not nearly as needed as Mystic masks. I need two for Shiva, plus 1 for the light starter, and it always seems like I need them.

Kosh

I got a little carried away farming the Emerald Dragon Dungeon yesterday. I am now the proud owner of 65 little greens. Which means I need to farm/level up 32 green Pendgras and plants now. :O

Ha! I did the same thing, got about 10-15 kings too. I currently have 55 little ones, after evolving 10 pengdras or so. The good news for me is, I did the same thing with plants last Thursday and currenlty have 43 of them. Farming green pengdras all day today.

This is going to be my shopping list for the week:
Tues - Rainbow Keeper
Wed - Divine Mask x2
Thurs - Dragon Plantation
Fri - Dubrubylit x2

Not looking too thrilling. I'm also hoping I can actually catch ruby dragons sometime in between cause my Horus is still way shy of max level.

TimeKillr

anyone ever try Big Combo app. It loads a screen cap picture then tells you how to make pretty good combos.

Ha! That's a good trick. I'll look for it.. It's pretty interesting.

Ha! It's a US-only app, and apparently all the market enablers/etc all stopped working.

What a POS. :(

ok....last stage of Hyperion Lava Flow. How the hell did you guys get by?

If I take my 2xShiva team, Ifrit does work. If I take Siren+Odin, the Earth Dragons eventually wear me down (2 on same timer). Havn't even thought of trying w/ ADK, but it would probably end horribly.

halp!

ToxicAdam

If I take my 2xShiva team, Ifrit does work. If I take Siren+Odin, the Earth Dragons eventually wear me down (2 on same timer). Havn't even thought of trying w/ ADK, but it would probably end horribly.

halp!

What about Odin+Flame Drall? With Siren in the party for healz (plus you have the Drall's orb switch) and Shiva for his defense reducer.

TimeKillr

halp!

The Ifrit has a stupidly high defense - what I did was bring my Lilith as a sub.

Charge up the poison, and go bam on Ifrit! One turn and it's dead. Otherwise with your Shiva you could also just cancel its defense and one-shot him? He doesn't have a lot of HP.

J0dy77

Count me in for rainbow keepers tomorrow. I need two for Busty evoing my Light starter, and I need a few extra just to have (maybe for evolving the guardians).

But Rainbows are not nearly as needed as Mystic masks. I need two for Shiva, plus 1 for the light starter, and it always seems like I need them.

Yeah, same boat. Need Mystic masks bad. I'm currently out and need to evolve, Valk, Vamp and a couple others. Anyone know exactly when the 2x ends?

This is going to be my shopping list for the week:
Tues - Rainbow Keeper
Wed - Divine Mask x2
Thurs - Dragon Plantation
Fri - Dubrubylit x2

Not looking too thrilling. I'm also hoping I can actually catch ruby dragons sometime in between cause my Horus is still way shy of max level.

I'm hoping for Rainbow x3, Mask x3 and the dragon plantation. I did ok with the dubs last week but need 3 yellow (which don't seem to drop for me) for Ceres final evo. No clue where I'm going to fit and Jewel dragon runs in. Really want an Angel too.

Why nobody answer my noob question here?
I tought this is a friendly community.

2 people already answered you above? You want to save them for high level evolutions of your monsters.

What about Odin+Flame Drall? With Siren in the party for healz (plus you have the Drall's orb switch).

I don't have either :(

The Ifrit has a stupidly high defense - what I did was bring my Lilith as a sub.

Charge up the poison, and go bam on Ifrit! One turn and it's dead. Otherwise with your Shiva you could also just cancel its defense and one-shot him? He doesn't have a lot of HP.

OHHHH. we'll this changes things. Shiva it is. thanks!

Just went on an xp spending spree. Didn't do any evolutions yet so that's why there are no pictures. Here's what I accomplished (aside from opening up box space so I can get more more more :)):
- Loki: max level, potential evolution but I only have one mystic mask and I haven't really used him so far
- Cu Chulainn: went from 21 to 67, only 135k away from max level; next metal run I may just spend it on him; another potential evolution but again I can only afford 1 because of the mystic mask
- Siren the Enchanter: maxed out my second Siren and evolved her; she is also already at skill level 4 so I will work on getting her maxed out soon
- Lakshmi: got her to 37, 375k away from max so not real close but if I focus on blue over the next couple of days it should be pretty easy
- Flame Guardian: got him to max level as I prepare to evo him to Jotunn; no mystic mask involved and I have the rainbow keeper so it is tempting, but I am not sure he is high priority
- Echidna: already have a Red Empress but am working on getting two more; got 1 leveled to 45; these two and my Phoenix Knight will probably be my red focus

Question about Gigas - I know his next form is a massive hp tank, but getting him up there comes at the cost of -rcv. Is it worth it? Or just max out the Gigas?

edit: Light Skydragon question: I put together a team of Lightning Holy Dragon/Hadar/CDD/CDK/LilithWOTN. Partnered with Siren, should I be able to do Master?

J0dy77

Question about Gigas - I know his next form is a massive hp tank, but getting him up there comes at the cost of -rcv. Is it worth it? Or just max out the Gigas?

I have a Gigas and a Titan right now and was pondering the same question for a horus team. My initial thought was the max Gigas would probably be better since the -500 RCV could put me in tough spots trying to heal back up. What's the Max HP on Red Giant Gigas, 6000 or something? That would give an extra 2k HP, could save from a big hit. Tough call.

Colby

You've gotta weigh if 200 more attack and 3000 more hp is worth -500 rcv. I think It's worth it, if only because I want as much attack as possible.

Also, I've been using the free stones for friend slots. When 20/50 use ADK and 15/50 use StE, it's hard to get the necessary variety. If you don't need the rare pulls and you aren't swamped for box space, I'd recommend using a few. You don't get that immediate satisfaction as you do with the other uses, but unless you've got the greatest 50 friends around, you won't regret it.

MicH

Yeah, I am not evolving my Gigas at the moment either. The RCV is a big deal. It seems he is only good in two situations: 1) Goemon team whose skill activates with <20% HP so you want to stay at that (thus negative RCV is good) and 2) "Glass cannons" who don't wanna get hit so they have to recover HP (though he can hardly be called a glass cannon with that HP :p)

I have a couple of things to focus on as well:

Neptune: Already at max level, just need a Blue Keeper to evolve and then the materials for ultimate evolution
Siegfried the Blue Champion: Needs to evolve into his final form (about 40 levels)
Saturobi Sasuke: Max level, just need a Green Keeper to evolve. Needs a lot of experience once evolved
Freyja: Needs 20 levels for max and then I need t o evolve her.
Cu Chulainn, the Green Spearman: Same as Siegfried :)
Ceres: Key element of my Horus team. I need to evolve her and then ultimate her to green/light. She needs a lot of work
Horus: Evolved, but at lvl 1. Needs leveling up as well, but not a high priority atm.

Those are my main priorities. Phew, that's a lot. Further down the list is Gigas and Vampire Lord who I need to max out for Horus team.

FWIW here are my teams:

KEy7JfQl.png

jo8gzY6l.png

CMQFVq7l.png

htZC4Xol.png

Missed Heroes Descended dungeon last time it was around and want to prep for the next time. What sort of team would be needed? Really need the Highlander for my green team.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You've gotta weigh if 200 more attack and 3000 more hp is worth -500 rcv. I think It's worth it, if only because I want as much attack as possible.

Also, I've been using the free stones for friend slots. When 20/50 use ADK and 15/50 use StE, it's hard to get the necessary variety. If you don't need the rare pulls and you aren't swamped for box space, I'd recommend using a few. You don't get that immediate satisfaction as you do with the other uses, but unless you've got the greatest 50 friends around, you won't regret it.

Yeah I'm up to 80 or 90 friend spaces. Like you, I just have a ton of ADKs on my list. I mean, I understand why, it's a good team to clear 95% of the content right now, but I do want some variety as well :) Any time I leave my ADK up, I come back to like 300 pal points.

Radav

Yah, I'm going through the same thought process with Gigas. 6k HP is a ton but -500 RCV is a huge hit as well.

My laundry list for the rest of the week is pretty similar to you guys.

Tues. - 3-4 Rainbow Keepers.
Wed. - 3 Mystic Masks
Thurs. - Farm the Dragon Plants like a crazy man/Jewel Dragons depending on how many plants I have left by Thursday.
Friday - Farm as many Dub-Mythlits as possible since these are a HUGE PITA to get otherwise.

Beyond that I've been dumping all my XP items into my Orochi and Dark/Wood Ceres in an effort to get them ready for my long term goal of creating a badass Ra team. The bonus to doing that for Ceres is that she'll be that much stronger for when two heroes comes around. I think I'm going to devote this coming weekend's stamina to trying to farm a Titan again. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally need to get some kind of orb changer for what would be a pretty decent Fire team once I get my Freyr and Shiva evolved. I farmed the Skydragon of Fire as much as I could but only saw one Knight and after like 200 runs of the Giant levels in Tower of Giants I have come up empty. I've had 5 knights drop from the Rare Gacha machine but of course they've been Stone and Dark of which I have 2 ADKs and 2 CDKs.

ParityBit

What are we looking for in a rainbow keeper team? Why can I not remember these teams?! I have 2 rainbows as it is!

EDIT: Yari can I get your Ammy for a min? :) Want to try master wood dungeon

ParityBit

Holy shit, someone in the Facebook group had a Griffen appear in Skydragon of Wood Master:

So they can be found after all.

Sure they can be! but you will never get a drop from it! Probably 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 %

Just wait for x2 day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom