• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Just got my first MSK, then a run with 3 MSKs including a +1. No skill ups so far.

So, since it's going to come down to it: is it better to have 2 SL1 ADKs, or to keep feeding MSKs into ADK until he's maxed before evolving a second one?

Wow! Ra is a HEAVY hitter. I threw together a rainbow team and hit the Endless corridor to practice 5-color combos. Surprisingly, I managed a roughly 50% success rate. But it's so slow compared to blitzing stuff with my ADK team. When I have all the necessary orbs on the board, it can take me up to a few minutes to plan my combo. Even though my Ra and helper Ra were super low levels, they still hit hard with the 36x ATK multiplier. I got up to battle #37 before I messed up on a combo and was killed. I blame my sleepiness. I'm having temporary losses of consciousness while I'm playing. lol. Silly that I died with both Echidna's and Viper Orochi's skills fully charged.

Here's the team I quickly threw together. I initially had my Awoken Odin where Cu Chulainn currently is, but I realized Odin's higher stats doesn't make much difference when I'm blasting things with a 36x multiplier. So, I inserted the Hearts to Wood orb changer to make combos more consistent. I'll have to think more about optimal sub members, and I'll check out what other people are using. But this team has massive potential.

NZvSNn0.jpg

Off to bed, now...

Dawg

Is the 5.0 apk out yet for EU devices?

If yes, could someone provide the DL link (maybe update OP?) and tell me how you'd transfer saves?

Slottm

Neo Member
Very happy with my pulls yesterday, managed Cu Challain and Freyja as my two last pulls (11 and 12) - well...last due to me stopping after getting freyja as I planned. I'll be slowly migrating over to a full green team with ADK on the side. :)

Kosh

Pulled seven more before bed last night. Three dupes, two ninjas, Freya, and a Highlander I've been wanting for my Parv team.

Hatsume no Tsubone
Freyja
Drall
Fuma Kotaro
Titan
Mermaid
Highlander

[US] Dungeon of Emerald Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/17/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Slottm

Neo Member
Very strong pulls - you may also find yourself using freyja + artemis over 2x parv team since it should be stronger. Parvati can become a situational sub/leader depending on the dungeon requirements. Not only this, but just wait for freyjas 5.1 buff =)

MicH

Very strong pulls - you may also find yourself using freyja + artemis over 2x parv team since it should be stronger. Parvati can become a situational sub/leader depending on the dungeon requirements. Not only this, but just wait for freyjas 5.1 buff =)
Yeah, I like how many options we have available for monocolor teams now. Don't have a Parvati? Then maybe a Freyja or an Artemis. No Lakshmi? What about Idunn & Idunna or Hermes? You have so many choices and build them the way you want them - you can even use the ultimate form of the starters,something wich everyone have available. And with the green ninja you get Parvatis active skill, so you don't really need her in a green team.

J0dy77

Stayed up last night to grab the Ruby Metal Dragons. Was able to fast forward 6* Horus for 6 to 48.

I'm trying to figure out now if this team can be relied upon constantly. Isis seems like the much more stable team composition. When you throw that forced 4th combo I went more then a few rounds just tickling mobs then unleashed a monster 16x combo when I caught the 4th.

This is going to take a lot of practice to get used to.

Kosh

Stayed up last night to grab the Ruby Metal Dragons. Was able to fast forward 6* Horus for 6 to 48.

I'm trying to figure out now if this team can be relied upon constantly. Isis seems like the much more stable team composition. When you throw that forced 4th combo I went more then a few rounds just tickling mobs then unleashed a monster 16x combo when I caught the 4th.

This is going to take a lot of practice to get used to.

Yes, Horus definitely makes you work to get those combos. I'm running this.

Horus
Gigas
Vamp Lord
Holy Ceres
Demon Viper Orochi

That covers all the colors. It's going to take some practice. On a another note, Horus works great as a sub against a green dungeon like Dragon Guardian. I'm running this today.

Earth Dragon
Meteor Volcano
Gigas
Phoenix Knight
Horus
Healer

MicH

I'm also having a hard time making 4 combos (with different attributes) per turn with Horus. Definitely requires heavy practice. I'm running a team very similar to yours, Kosh, but instead of Vampire Lord I use a fire/dark Minerva.

I'm really liking Horus' ability to enhance fire orbs and deal even more damage.

TimeKillr

So I decided to do one last set of pulls last night, hoping I'd get better luck...

Worthwhile pulls in it: Isis (yay!) and Loki (yay!)

Now I figure I can probably put together a strong Dark team with Loki, Vamp, Lilith, Hanzo and someone else (maybe mechdragon?) - this should be pretty good.

Radav

Wow! Ra is a HEAVY hitter. I threw together a rainbow team and hit the Endless corridor to practice 5-color combos. Surprisingly, I managed a roughly 50% success rate. But it's so slow compared to blitzing stuff with my ADK team. When I have all the necessary orbs on the board, it can take me up to a few minutes to plan my combo. Even though my Ra and helper Ra were super low levels, they still hit hard with the 36x ATK multiplier. I got up to battle #37 before I messed up on a combo and was killed. I blame my sleepiness. I'm having temporary losses of consciousness while I'm playing. lol. Silly that I died with both Echidna's and Viper Orochi's skills fully charged.

Here's the team I quickly threw together. I initially had my Awoken Odin where Cu Chulainn currently is, but I realized Odin's higher stats doesn't make much difference when I'm blasting things with a 36x multiplier. So, I inserted the Hearts to Wood orb changer to make combos more consistent. I'll have to think more about optimal sub members, and I'll check out what other people are using. But this team has massive potential.

NZvSNn0.jpg

Off to bed, now...

I got a RA as well and will be interested to see what you end up deciding on going with for a team. Viper Orochi is the only team member I've decided is a must. Otherwise I've got a Gryps Rider I'm contemplating on using also. Hunting a Gigas and already have a Vampire I'll start working on also. I keep seeing people mention how important Dual Element mobs can be on the egyptian teams. Is it solely because you could potentially use the dual element on something to free up a slot on your team to use for something else? I have a Divinegon I could potentially dual element but not sure it's worth the evo mats to do. Not to mention it would take a crapload of XP to get him to a useful point as well.

On a side note. I ran the emerald dragon dungeon last night 7 times and got 6 Kings and like 5 highs basically maxed my Ra. They definitely upped the drop rate big time on the kings. Since I don't really need any more MSKs for skillups I'm going to continue getting XP from the emerald dungeons today and pump up some more of my stuff. Might dump a bunch of xp into my main ADK and either Ceres or Odin or I could level up my Vampire Lord as well.

Slottm

Neo Member
2 imo is more than enough. Oftentimes i'd rather swap out my 2nd adk than my wind mech if I need 2 echidnas in a dungeon or something

seems like it. i'll run w/ 2.

While I'm here, need some help w/ my Green team. Here are the options right now.

6* Parvati (33)
Marine Rider Robin (25)

Skydragon (10)
ADK (45)
GED (27)

Slyph (30)
Mandrake (31)
MSK (25)
Brachys (1)

I've typically been running w/ the Bold units, is there anything i should switch out? Obviously a Susano or Highlander would be ideal...but just don't have them yet

ParityBit

After yesterdays God fest, I am trying to clean out my monster box of dupes. Any advice on what to merge because I only need one, or get rid of all together?

• Siren and Mermaid
  • Susano (x2)
  • MSK (x2) - I have an ADK
  • Mandrake and Dryad
  • Earth Guardian (x2)
  • Fairlio (x2)
  • Cupid (x2) - I have an Angel
  • Loki (x2)

Also, whats a good plan for hunting today? My unexplored are Castle of Satan in the Abyss, Tower of Flare or the specials?

Slottm

Neo Member
seems like it. i'll run w/ 2.

While I'm here, need some help w/ my Green team. Here are the options right now.

6* Parvati (33)
Marine Rider Robin (25)

Skydragon (10)
ADK (45)
GED (27)

Slyph (30)
Mandrake (31)
MSK (25)
Brachys (1)

I've typically been running w/ the Bold units, is there anything i should switch out? Obviously a Susano or Highlander would be ideal...but just don't have them yet

parv is great, marine rider is pretty decent, skydragon sucks, GED sucks, sylph sucks, mandrake sucks, brachys sucks. Level that MSK and prepare your team for 2 heroes to farm up a cu challain and you'll be set.

Slottm

Neo Member
After yesterdays God fest, I am trying to clean out my monster box of dupes. Any advice on what to merge because I only need one, or get rid of all together?

• Siren and Mermaid
  • Susano (x2)
  • MSK (x2) - I have an ADK
  • Mandrake and Dryad
  • Earth Guardian (x2)
  • Fairlio (x2)
  • Cupid (x2) - I have an Angel
  • Loki (x2)

Also, whats a good plan for hunting today? My unexplored are Castle of Satan in the Abyss, Tower of Flare or the specials?

Keep both siren and mermaid, keep both susano, keep both msk despite having an adk (level one up if you have a green team), keep 1 dryad (feed mandrake) keep 1 earth guardian (feed 1), keep 1 fairlo, feed both cupids if you have an angel, keep both lokis.

ParityBit

Keep both siren and mermaid, keep both susano, keep both msk despite having an adk (level one up if you have a green team), keep 1 dryad (feed mandrake) keep 1 earth guardian (feed 1), keep 1 fairlo, feed both cupids if you have an angel, keep both lokis.

OK I will do this, thanks!

Question about Isis, I was looking on the English site and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a difference in the evolution's? I can not really see a difference (other than stats)

Quantum

Parvati question

is the 6* better then the 5*?

the 5* using the reference = Wood Monsters ATK x1.5, RCV x1.5
the 6* is = Wood Monsters ATK x1.5, HP x1.5

although I though it was discussed before that the 6* (golden goddess form) was actually all three x1.5 so I'm a little confused.

have had insane luck with the higher king drop and sitting on about 3 million feeding exp for green mobs (have to wait for a green keeper for a ADK - but wondering if its work taking parvati (5*) from 30 to 50 while waiting for tues.

parv is great, marine rider is pretty decent, skydragon sucks, GED sucks, sylph sucks, mandrake sucks, brachys sucks. Level that MSK and prepare your team for 2 heroes to farm up a cu challain and you'll be set.

whomp whomp

Kind of what I thought. I missed 2 Hereoes the first time it was around, what time of team is needed?

Parvati question

although I though it was discussed before that the 6* (golden goddess form) was actually all three x1.5 so I'm a little confused.

have had insane luck with the higher king drop and sitting on about 3 million feeding exp for green mobs (have to wait for a green keeper for a ADK - but wondering if its work taking parvati (5*) from 30 to 50 while waiting for tues.

I believe 6* has all 3, while 5* only has 2. Fairly positive

MicH

What's the best way to handle Dragon Guardian expert? No luck on my one attempt last night.
Run expert only. Other than that, it's all luck.

Parvati question

although I though it was discussed before that the 6* (golden goddess form) was actually all three x1.5 so I'm a little confused.l.
The 6* version do boost all three by 1.5. The skill description is wrong. Evolve her ASAP :)

Quantum

whomp whomp
I believe 6* has all 3, while 5* only has 2. Fairly positive

yeah I think so too,

so thinking parvati (L), GED, ADK, Flowerdragon prachys, (x), parvati (L)

x= second GED, second ADK, or rainbow keeper

might be a fun goal to try to work towards (and keeping to free)

Splat

The best way is to have 6 Zeus's .... :p

Odin plus auto healer

Or flame drall plus auto healer

So, h question is ... Do you have a healer yet?
I have a green odin, but ran into 4x the high Armor 1 delay devils twice in a row. Only have one 20k ripper so got wiped on 2nd set :(

ParityBit

So I am trying to decide what to do now that I have a bunch of new monsters (yay!) And actually a couple of good ones. Is it best to advance doing new dungeons, or to farm pendras/jewel dragons? I have done a couple of levels just to keep my stamina recharging, but not sure what to do!

Been a long time since I had this decision :)

MicH

I have a green odin, but ran into 4x the high Armor 1 delay devils twice in a row. Only have one 20k ripper so got wiped on 2nd set :(
Got any fire types? I usually run GED and Siren/Ama leaders and fire types as sub (Gigas, Phoenix Knight, Meteor Volcano Dragon and Horus.

I don't like Odin as the Devils will wreck you as will the Dragon Knights if they're on the same timer

Splat

I have some fire but no one great yet. Volcano Dragon, low level ifrit, echidna. I have no ammys on friends right now either :(

So I am trying to decide what to do now that I have a bunch of new monsters (yay!) And actually a couple of good ones. Is it best to advance doing new dungeons, or to farm pendras/jewel dragons? I have done a couple of levels just to keep my stamina recharging, but not sure what to do!

IMO...I'm running the Guardian dungeon to skill up my ADK's since that doesn't come out very often.

ParityBit

IMO...I'm running the Guardian dungeon to skill up my ADK's since that doesn't come out very often.

You running it on expert? What sort of team do you need?

Your going with 2 ADK's right? Does the skill-up carry over though evolving? I only have one ADK (and two stone knight's atm)

Caerith

Do you have everything you need from the blue skydragon? If not, then consider doing it from noon onwards (possibly 2x in last 12 hours if history is any indication).

Do you have 2 max-skilled ADKs? If not, then consider running Dragon Guardian.

Otherwise, yeah, emerald dragons are alright. But you can get them 3+ times a week, so...

Just be warned, there's a typo in the news post. It should actually read "Skill x 0"

MicH

2 MSK out of 5 runs. No skill up. :(

I'm actually finding myself liking my new green team as well: Freyja (L), Cu Chulainn, ADK, Susano and the green ninja with water -> wood obr change. I see that I have at least two friends with Artemis so that is really cool.

Still, my blue team is much more developed, but that 4x ATK 2x HP and 2x RCV appeals to me so much more than 2.25 across the board. Give me Hermes or Idunn & Idunna! :p

Radav

Well I played around with RA for a few hours in endless corridor using Isis as my sub leader. First observation and most obvious was that Isis's leader skill is ridiculously easy to get compared to Ra. After a while I was starting to get the 5 combo more often though. There were a number of times when I was thinking boy it would be awesome to have Venus or Yomi's active skill. The other thing I think that would be very helpful is having a max skill Vampire and a Gigas. That way you've almost always got the ability to swap the Heal orbs to something. It's certainly no easy feat getting the combo to hit but when it does BOOOM! Overall I'm loving the Egyptian Gods. They really bring back the puzzle aspect of the game for me. I was sitting there working out how I needed to move much more then I would with something like an ADK team. It makes the game that much more fun imo. All you Isis and Horus people are very lucky they seem like the best of the Egyptian gods. Can't wait for the next Egyptian godfest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom