• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Looking at that image, instead of all rippers and a healer, they have a rainbow keeper and enchilada. Is that better for this dungeon?

I usually run wood/4 rippers/Ammy (if I have a friends version up)

Radav

Master Skydragon with no drop always feels like a huge waste. Just happened to me twice in a row.

Yeah that would hurt considering the stamina expended. I've gotten Wood, Fire, and Water on the first attempt of master each time so far I imagine the drop rate has to be pretty high.

MicH

Looking at that image, instead of all rippers and a healer, they have a rainbow keeper and enchilada. Is that better for this dungeon?

I usually run wood/4 rippers/Ammy (if I have a friends version up)
Since the Skydragon of Wood is the hardest, I would say that's a reasonable thing to do. Especially considering that if you run into a Griffin he hits for 8k WITH 50% resist O.O

Missed Heroes Descended dungeon last time it was around and want to prep for the next time. What sort of team would be needed? Really need the Highlander for my green team.

Is Heroes Descended coming back soon?

EDIT: Can anyone put up a Lvl 60+ Amy? I really do not want to wait another 500 minutes due to a failed master run..

Radav

Is Heroes Descended coming back soon?

Everyone is expecting Heroes descended to be the next Editor's Choice dungeon since we had Hera on Valentine's Day.

As for how to beat it. I've seen a few setups. The strat seems to revolve around a resist setup consisting of:

Abyss Neptune + Fortoytops or Dark/Wood Ceres. I've seen people suggest that Dual Ele Ceres is actually better because you actually need more dark resist for stage 4 then you need water and wood for stage 5. Then you fill your team with Max skill Siren and some combo of Rainbow Keepers, a Wood DMG and possibly a CDK. You can find the specifics of the setup here.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1080

Uthred

Have to say one of the best things about 5.0 is the team setups, so handy. What I'd like to see in the future is the ability to page through friends team leaders, having five different options per friend would really cut down on the difficulty of getting the helper you need

daemissary

So I don't get what the special condition for Tower of Windy Woods is by the title.

Is it trying to say that I can only bring in wood monsters but no wood orbs drop?

That's a god damn cool story bro for real.
Thanks!

PSA - I know some people, like myself, usually skip the Metal Dragon dungeons. But with the current 2x appearance/drop event for King Dragons, I think it's worthwhile to farm that good Dark exp. The King appear/drop rate appears to be as good as it's been for the Jewel Dragons the past couple of days. I averaged 1 King per run for a total of 10 King Metals in 30 minutes of my first Metal hour today. And remember, it's only 15 stam per run. Get 'em while their hot!

Even though it's supposedly been 2x King rate since last Thursday, I think GungHo must've tweaked something over the weekend, because King drops have been FAR more frequent starting Saturday. I think they must've increased the appearance rate as well as the drop rate to compensate for the useless 2x drop rate when Kings appear solo.

Two 50 Stamina runs today so far. 1) Sky Dragon Light dragon, 2) Sky Dragon of Wood dragon!

Now I can check both of these off my list!

Congratulations!

my efforts with the sky dragon of light has been very frustrating today. died on the first run on master, and then no drop on the second (with no level up)...

today will be a long PAD day...

Radav

Thanks!

PSA - I know some people, like myself, usually skip the Metal Dragon dungeons. But with the current 2x appearance/drop event for King Dragons, I think it's worthwhile to farm that good Dark exp. The King appear/drop rate appears to be as good as it's been for the Jewel Dragons the past couple of days. I averaged 1 King per run for a total of 10 King Metals in 30 minutes of my first Metal hour today. And remember, it's only 15 stam per run. Get 'em while their hot!

Even though it's supposedly been 2x King rate since last Thursday, I think GungHo must've tweaked something over the weekend, because King drops have been FAR more frequent starting Saturday. I think they must've increased the appearance rate as well as the drop rate to compensate for the useless 2x drop rate when Kings appear solo.

I can totally back you up on this point. I've pretty much averaged a King per run. On top of that the high metals seemed to drop more often too. It's going to be so sad when this event is over. lol

Completed Master. No griffin, no drop. On to Expert. It appears we must have had this dungeon in the past two and a half months or so because it looks like I went in to Adept and failed. Gives some hope for the other dungeons coming back before too long maybe?

Thanks!

+1'd

Ran it 4 times and got 3 Kings. While I like the event, I get pissed when a King shows up and doesn't drop :D

Ton of little ones as well, basically use them to lvl up the Pengdras.

The one bad thing about pulling on the Rare machine is I find my box filling up so much quicker due to more monsters, evo materials, etc.

Everyone is expecting Heroes descended to be the next Editor's Choice dungeon since we had Hera on Valentine's Day.

As for how to beat it. I've seen a few setups. The strat seems to revolve around a resist setup consisting of:

Abyss Neptune + Fortoytops or Dark/Wood Ceres. I've seen people suggest that Dual Ele Ceres is actually better because you actually need more dark resist for stage 4 then you need water and wood for stage 5. Then you fill your team with Max skill Siren and some combo of Rainbow Keepers, a Wood DMG and possibly a CDK. You can find the specifics of the setup here.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1080

holy shit. I can't do either of those teams. Wonder if I can bastardize my way through it like I've been doing most of the dungeons.

ParityBit

+1'd

Ran it 4 times and got 3 Kings. While I like the event, I get pissed when a King shows up and doesn't drop :D

Ton of little ones as well, basically use them to lvl up the Pengdras.

The one bad thing about pulling on the Rare machine is I find my box filling up so much quicker due to more monsters, evo materials, etc.

holy shit. I can't do either of those teams. Wonder if I can bastardize my way through it like I've been doing most of the dungeons.

I may need to buy some more spots. I did well this past God-fest and I have a lot less slots.

There are no white/black pendra's yet correct? So passing on the metal dungeon is not the end of the world at the moment?

Completed Master. No griffin, no drop. On to Expert. It appears we must have had this dungeon in the past two and a half months or so because it looks like I went in to Adept and failed. Gives some hope for the other dungeons coming back before too long maybe?
Yeah if you started playing when the thread went up we were just on the tail end of Wood Skydragon. Based on the state of my dungeons looks like I cleared Adept then went on an ill-advised run on Expert. Funny to think it wouldn't even be an issue for me now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You can, but you'll have to pay (literally). How much depends on how far off your team is. While these 2 orb changers are pretty sweet, I wouldn't spend too many stones on them, since you could pull them from the machine at some point, unlike Hera or Zeus (I think it's more reasonable to spend stones on them if you must).

You can, but you'll have to pay (literally). How much depends on how far off your team is. While these 2 orb changers are pretty sweet, I wouldn't spend too many stones on them, since you could pull them from the machine at some point, unlike Hera or Zeus (I think it's more reasonable to spend stones on them if you must).

figured. Honestly thought about pulling from the Rare now for a chance at a green. Have a tone of green, but only 3ish that are legit (ADK, Parv, Marine Rider (bastard), MSK). Others are meh.

lenni

EDIT: Can anyone put up a Lvl 60+ Amy? I really do not want to wait another 500 minutes due to a failed master run..

Just want to advertise myself again.

Got Lvl 74 +18RCV Amaterasu and still some room on my friends list and more than willing to kick some ADK off, as I don't even have an ADK-team.
Would like Neptune or Odin friends, but I'm open to everything.

ID 380,733,294

commish

Got Lvl 74 +18RCV Amaterasu and still some room on my friends list and more than willing to kick some ADK off, as I don't even have an ADK-team.

ID 380,733,294

Sent you an invite. I usually have an Awoken Odin up most times, though have had Isis the last day.

ParityBit

ID 380,733,294

Sent an invite!

J0dy77

Thanks!

Randomness is random. While you've been having great luck I ran Metal 5 more times today between two devices. 1 King on the iPad.

I definitely think it is worth running with 2x Kings around for 15 stamina but you can't take individual luck/bad luck and count it as a change in overall game. For every person having amazing luck this week there are just as many having bad luck.

If you need green monsters now is a perfect time to pull. If you feel like pulling that is

Stop tempting me!!! I want a bastet but want Isis more. And don't we have another God fest coming our way?

Looks like GungHo is actually trying to be on par with the JP version for once: the blue restrict conditional dungeon just opened for us, same day that Japan got it

OTIX

Just out of interest -- could you please tell me what monsters you've got in your ADK team and what levels they are? My ADK team isn't very strong at the moment; I tried using it on the Dragon Guardian dungeon and was met with total failure.
Currently my subs are:

ADK
Green mech
CDK
Dark ripper

All around lvl 40-50, leader is max skilled. I'm working on evolving another CDK, I'll be using him instead of dark ripper. Using an ADK team is a lot about managing orbs. Getting rid of useless orbs and hearts while not wasting too many good orbs. Since it's a glass cannon team you can never be caught without orbs and you need to be ready for a big orb change combo when you reach the bosses. Also very important to separate the orbs properly when using an orb change, more matches = more damage.

suko_32

ID 380,733,294

Invite sent. 95% of the time I have a StE up, but I have Sea Deity Neptune as well.

Randomness is random. While you've been having great luck I ran Metal 5 more times today between two devices. 1 King on the iPad.

I definitely think it is worth running with 2x Kings around for 15 stamina but you can't take individual luck/bad luck and count it as a change in overall game. For every person having amazing luck this week there are just as many having bad luck.
I'm not just basing it on my experience though. Look at all the people corroborating my experience with their own. And the experience is mirrored on other forums as well. I think it's enough evidence to assume a greatly increased appearance/drop rate, and that your bad luck in this case is likely in the minority.

J0dy77

I'm not just basing it on my experience though. Look at all the people corroborating my experience with their own. And the experience is mirrored on other forums as well. I think it's enough evidence to assume a greatly increased appearance/drop rate, and that your bad luck in this case is likely in the minority.

Makes sense. I haven't seen other forums posts regarding the increased rate, thought you were basing it on personal experience.

I did agree with you in my post. 2x rate for chance at Kings for only 15 stamina does make it worthwhile. I think I'm just venting and more annoyed with my really bad luck on Kings of late.

Dawg

Got a highlander on my new account (tutorial egg, lvl 30). Should I take it or try again? My previous eggs were a dark mystic knight and succubus.

ccbfan

Got a highlander on my new account (tutorial egg, lvl 30). Should I take it or try again? My previous eggs were a dark mystic knight and succubus.

I say try again.

Unless you plan to spend money, your first roll is essential to your future down the line.

Try for Tri color Indian, Norse except Thor, Any New Greek, Any Ninja, Tri color Egypt, Odin, Amu, Orochi, Valk.

Everything else? Dump.

commish

I started with an evolved highlander. After the first few days, I never used him again until recently (and he's now a steady team member). I'd reroll....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom