• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

I know I'm a little late following the God Fest weekend, but I wanted to share what I scored, plus weekend happenings:
- Anubis x2 (fed one to another, no skill-up)
- Titan (eh, didn't mind getting another one)
- Idunn & Idunna
- Freyr
- Sylph Wind Elemental
- Dark Toy Dragon
- Loki
- Undine x2 (fed to another Undine, no skill-ups)
- Odin (was gonna stop after Odin, but decided that this would be my last pull for a while, so I did one more)
- Horus

I think I made off pretty well. Seeing some posts in the FB group of some unlucky sets of pulls always gets you nervous. I really wanted one of the tri-color Egyptian gods, so I'm stoked that I got Horus, though I am still terrible at activating his leader skill. I don't really have a great team to sub under Horus, either. Like others have said, though, plotting out your moves really puts the puzzle aspect back into the game.

ADK Dungeon:
About a dozen runs yielded 3 MSKs. 0 Skill-ups. My favorite run featured an MSK on 3 of the 4 floors leading up to the boss. No MSKs dropped.

Scored a the Light Skydragon on my first run this morning (Master Level). Will most likely use the stone from this dungeon to up my friend list. Anyone who I haven't added already, that's running a fire team (Shiva, Freyr, Horus), feel free to send me a request. Will be working on a water team, too when I need to mix things up. I've got the usual gang of pets I can put up, too. Just send me a message via PM here or in game.

That's a nice haul Log, congrats. I need more Horus on my list.

Ugh. So true.

..... but for a dollar all can be fixed ..... !

I'm getting very close to breaking my rule of never using stones for stamina at level 115. Taking so long to refill on its own and harder to level in between. I've always felt like stam refill was just forwarding the clock.

ccbfan

Ultimate Evo Norse sound pretty underwhelming (Probably the worst Ultimate Evo improvement in the game)

The Ultimate Evo Freyja sound like the only decent norse ultimate Evo. Unless demon really changes things up. Attacker, Technique and Physical are all pretty blah. Really no monsters where you would even want to break from mono color

Is it just me or is Oceanus Falls a bad place to farm marine goblins? I've run it like 10 times today and only 2 have dropped. And neither gave a skill-up of course.

J0dy77

Ultimate Evo Norse sound pretty underwhelming (Probably the worst Ultimate Evo improvement in the game)

The Ultimate Evo Freyja sound like the only decent norse ultimate Evo. Unless demon really changes things up. Attacker, Technique and Physical are all pretty blah. Really no monsters where you would even want to break from mono color

Anyone know what Thor's busty is going to look like? Hoping he's not useless forever. :)

SaintR

Is it just me or is Oceanus Falls a bad place to farm marine goblins? I've run it like 10 times today and only 2 have dropped. And neither gave a skill-up of course.
Not that I'm an expert, but if you're trying to skill up Siren wouldn't Sea Cave be a better place with higher
Drop rate today.

Unless you not skilling up Siren or does Lvl of mob play a part on skill up %?

Worse than ultimate Ogres? =p

I agree with the your early impression, though. I'm not seeing much benefit to the added monster types to the ultimate Norse gods' leader skills. Now, if they added "God" type monsters to their leader skills, that'd be another story.

Think this team can take the guardian dungeons tomorrow it's all I need to beth my own adk.
lFPgaDC.png

xCobalt

What are the changes? I haven't seen any new info about 5.1 yet.

ccbfan

Worse than ultimate Ogres? =p

I agree with the your early impression, though. I'm not seeing much benefit to the added monster types to the ultimate Norse gods' leader skills. Now, if they added "God" type monsters to their leader skills, that'd be another story.

IMO, in terms of improvement from the original. I'd say they're even worse than Ogres.

Give me the ability the choose any secondary color over this dual type crap any day of the week, even if there's no change to the leader skill.

Each Norse God gets an addition type while also having the leader skill affect that type.

Freyr - Attacker
I&I - Technique
Freyja - Healer
Thor - Physical
Loki - Demon

KuroNeeko

No way, Idunn & Idunna get sub-technique which works great with an evolved Chiyome. 2X ATK and HP - yes, please!

The other Norse gods now work well with the new Japanese units they unleashed in 5.0.

Blue Odin got upgraded today. He now gives an ATK bonus to Gods and Water units. Jeezuz.

They've introduced sub-types for monsters.

Lilith, Chaos Devil Dragon, Dragon Joker, Dual-colored Ogres, Shaitan, Thanatos, Kraken, Cereberos, Behemoth-evo, Loki, Chaos Blizzard Dragon, All demon final evos, and Vampire Lord now have Demon as a sub-type.

Norse gods get sub-types and ultimate evos.

Ninja skills were changed.
Blue Odin gives 2.5 ATK to God and Water types.

5 new demon units.

The five new demon monsters got pushed back to 5.2. Something about them needing more time in development?

Did you ever reroll on JP, KuroNeeko? I don't think I have your new ID if you did.

ccbfan

No way, Idunn & Idunna get sub-technique which works great with an evolved Chiyome. 2X ATK and HP - yes, please!

The other Norse gods now work well with the new Japanese units they unleashed in 5.0.

Didn't notice how many good technique characters there are. (Fire swordman, Water swordman, cu, vampire lord, fairies)

Still not nearly as good as a Norse + New Greek mono color team but I guess you can make a decent team this way.

For attacker and physical though dear lord do they suck. No swordsman, attackers have low hp, physical have low rcv, small amount of orb changers except for riders.

High Hp but no RCV or Low HP and decent recovery.

Might as well just go ADK or eqyption if you're going glass canon.

I guess you can go full rider team for attacker but you'll be stepping all over our looking for heal orbs.

Caerith

So, master skydragon. Got an accidental combo on the first floor, but luckily it was on the same round that my rippers charged. Then I met Mr Unicorn who quickly ended my run.

KuroNeeko

The five new demon monsters got pushed back to 5.2. Something about them needing more time in development?

Did you ever reroll on JP, KuroNeeko? I don't think I have your new ID if you did.

Ah, I read they'd been pushed back, but I thought they were out with today's update. Makes you wonder what kind of skills they're packing.

I did reroll and I looked for the JP spreadsheet, but couldn't find it. I'm roughly where I was in terms of advancement, but my teams aren't strong enough to take 上級 on any of the dungeons yet. Pretty frustrating.

My ID is at 107, 294, 552 and I usually have Chiyome or Horus set as my leader.

Ah, I read they'd been pushed back, but I thought they were out with today's update. Makes you wonder what kind of skills they're packing.

I did reroll and I looked for the JP spreadsheet, but couldn't find it. I'm roughly where I was in terms of advancement, but my teams aren't strong enough to take 上級 on any of the dungeons yet. Pretty frustrating.

My ID is at 107, 294, 552 and I usually have Chiyome or Horus set as my leader.

"User is not yet registered." Typo?

razterik

So, master skydragon. Got an accidental combo on the first floor, but luckily it was on the same round that my rippers charged. Then I met Mr Unicorn who quickly ended my run.

Haha. Sorry. Too bad you couldn't take him down. Guaranteed drop.

I'd love the Griffin, so I have been goofing around in Master Wood Skydragon.

I think these were stealth patched in today or yesterday, since nobody reported seeing them until now.

razterik

Didn't notice how many good technique characters there are. (Fire swordman, Water swordman, cu, vampire lord, fairies)

Still not nearly as good as a Norse + New Greek mono color team but I guess you can make a decent team this way.

For attacker and physical though dear lord do they suck. No swordsman, attackers have low hp, physical have low rcv, small amount of orb changers except for riders.

High Hp but no RCV or Low HP and decent recovery.

Might as well just go ADK or eqyption if you're going glass canon.

I guess you can go full rider team for attacker but you'll be stepping all over our looking for heal orbs.

Looked at the orb-changing Ninjas?

Dark High Ninja Hanzo is an Indian God for Attacker types. Wind Prodigy Sasuke is equivalent to the new Greek Gods (so pair him with Freyr's 5.1 type). Both have nice stats, especially ATK. Add in the Riders and I think there is potential here.

Lightning Storm Fuma Kotaro is the Indian God for Physical types. I agree that they are really short on RCV overall, but you could easily sub out one member for a high RCV healer or maybe a full heal from Ceres. x2.25 HP on 20k+ HP with damage reducing skills. Gigas and Siegfried are orb changers. Then there's Goemon, although why you would ever use him for a sub...

I don't think so. I think it was because I hadn't agreed to the new Terms of Use yet. Can you try again?

Worked after an app restart (it now boots up warning you something along the lines of getting an adult to buy stones for you if you're under 20 years old lol). I main Moogle&Carbuncle, Max SL G.Valk, and Loki.

KuroNeeko

Worked after an app restart (it now boots up warning you something along the lines of getting an adult to buy stones for you if you're under 20 years old lol). I main Moogle&Carbuncle, Max SL G.Valk, and Loki.

Awesome! Moogle & Carbuncle looks like a fun unit. I've manage to evolve him, but won't start leveling him until I finish my Vasche, Venus, and whatever that other orb-switching light dragon is called.

Caerith

Haha. Sorry. Too bad you couldn't take him down. Guaranteed drop.

I'd love the Griffin, so I have been goofing around in Master Wood Skydragon.

I think these were stealth patched in today or yesterday, since nobody reported seeing them until now.
Unicorn wouldn't do much for me, so I don't mind not getting it. Griffin maybe, but I think I'd really need to come prepared for it. Maybe next time when I'm stronger.

Caerith

Unicorn, Griffin, etc. They are 100% drop, only show up in Master, only show up extremely rarely, and hit like a bag of trucks.

And I believe they can show up anywhere. Like, even on 5 or 9.

razterik

Wind Prodigy Sasuke is equivalent to the new Greek Gods (so pair him with Freyr's 5.1 type).

So, I thought about this some more.

Freyr the God of Victory
2525 HP
1302 ATK
437 RCV
active Fire Monsters ATK x1.5 for 1 turn, 17 Turns
leader Fire Monsters ATK x2, RCV x2 (5.1 adds Attacker type)

Wind Prodigy Sasuke
2397 HP
1785 ATK
156 RCV
active Changes Water Orbs to Wood Orbs, 9 turns
leader 2x ATK & HP of Attacker Allies

Together, 2x HP 4x ATK 2x RCV for Attackers. (I don't think the Fire and Attacker bonus from Freyr stacks on a Fire-based Attacker. That would be insane.)

Subs I have already:

Beast Rider Merlin
1853 HP
1551 ATK
102 RCV
active Changes Fire Orbs to Water Orbs, Heart Orbs to Fire Orbs, 13 turns

2x Dragon Rider Arthur
2006 HP
1407 ATK
72 RCV
active Changes Dark Orbs to Light Orbs, Heart Orbs to Dark Orbs, 13 turns

Hellray Harpie Demon
988 HP
1349 ATK
280 RCV
active Damage of x10 ATK to 1 Enemy, 30 turns (Max 5)

Could potentially field with 5.1:

23550 HP
7069 Red, 7140 Green, 16652 Light, 3376 Dark
34237 Total ATK
2238 RCV
With 3 orb changers, a fire boost, and a 5 turn bomb to one enemy for 13k.

As Demons are relatively easy to acquire, level, and even skill up, I could also go all demon, which would look like so:

17444 HP
5208 Red, 7140 Green, 21600 Demon (of any color)
33948 Total ATK
3386 RCV
With 1 orb changer (use Hellwind Taur Demons for more Green damage), a fire boost (which would be 40212 Red damage with 4 Hellfire Pyro Demons), and possibly 4 13k bombs every 5 turns (lot of work there).

Not sure about how useful either would be, but it certainly looks interesting. Demon team would be easiest to level, requiring about 1.75m each, which would probably be obtained just skilling them up to max. Optimal team is probably some combination of demons and Riders, the Green and Red variants of both, to take advantage of the leaders' active skills.

Other possible Attacker subs:

1% monsters, each enhances attacks by their respective element
Phoenix, Griffin, Unicorn - high ATK, good RCV, low HP
Kraken, Cerberus - great HP and ATK, -100 RCV

Wind Prodigy Sasuke - great HP and ATK, low end RCV, more orb changing
Dark High Ninja Hanzo - great ATK and RCV, lower HP, steals red orbs for dark

Cerity

For busty evolves, does the monster have to be max level for it to work? Trying to decide if I should start collecting evo mats now.

razterik

For busty evolves, does the monster have to be max level for it to work? Trying to decide if I should start collecting evo mats now.

Nope, any level as long as it is the correct evolved form. It is done through the Power-up fusion menu. The Fusion button will flash differently.

Da hell is this?! I need Rainbow Keepers for all these new evolutions, and after having a 2x drop event for every other daily dungeon since Thursday, GungHo decideds to make the Keeper dungeon a 1.5x Coin event! Dammit, GungHo!

Caerith

Da hell is this?! I need Rainbow Keepers for all these new evolutions, and after having a 2x drop event for every other daily dungeon since Thursday, GungHo decideds to make the Keeper dungeon a 1.5x Coin event! Dammit, GungHo!
Well, you know, it can cost like 25k to evolve a god. Coins don't grow on trees.

BlueSteel

I didn't know this, but the master rainbow dungeons is a lot easier now. With a resolve+siren setup and 2 hades + 2 rippers, I cleared the sucker in a bout 15 minutes.

The result? A brand new shiny Duke Vampire Lord!

I'll finally also be able to run green keeper to get an ADK, and another Rainbow for Odin. Then I'll probably get some to evolve Loki. Exciting times!

Ashodin

I need an extreme healer (ammy) for Rainbow Keeper. all I have atm is 30% damage (or ogre) and I need to be able to heal up in between rounds. I don't have many of you guys here on my list, so please let me know if you can help!

Thank goodness the 1.5x Coin thing was a mistake by GungHo. Just finished 3 runs and got 3 Rainbows. Yay! Also loving the nerf of the battle #4 Keeper down to 200K HP. Makes it go by much quicker.

And hot damn at my Freyja team! I paired it up with woody@GAF's Artemis, which put my team HP above 28K. I just tanked through Rainbow Keeper's attack and proceeded to kill it in 7 turns. Whole run took only 4 minutes. During the killing blow, I managed to get a Heart match in, and was able to heal back to full in one go. I had another Artemis friend for the second run, and that went just as well. For the third run, I teamed up with a Parvati(these are currently way more common on my friendlist), and I had only 23K HP, just enough to tank Rainbow's attack. Even though the ATK multiplier was only reduced to 3x from 4x, the Freyja/Parvati team felt noticeably weaker than the Freyja/Artemis team. And the RCV was overkill. I was healing 30K HP by inserting a single Heart match into a combo string. I definitely prefer the Norse/Greek 4x ATK/2x HP/2x RCV mix of stats.

With 28K+ team HP, this team can tank a simultaneous triple Vampire Lord attack in the Heroes dungeon, and heal it all back before they can attack again.

MtTgm4X.jpg

TimeKillr

So I have a q: would having 2 Parvatis ever be useful or can I fuse away my extras?

I don't think having 2 in the same team would be useful unless I really needed a ton of healing, but I doubt that would be an issue in these types of teams..

So I have a q: would having 2 Parvatis ever be useful or can I fuse away my extras?

I don't think having 2 in the same team would be useful unless I really needed a ton of healing, but I doubt that would be an issue in these types of teams..
I can't think of any particular team that uses three Parvati's, but Toytops also share her skill...

Anyways, thank you poverty Hera team
The Rainbow Crystals share Vritria's skill, so as long as you get a first floor with unsynched monsters you're golden (otherwise you are dead)

Ashodin

AW YEAAAHHH

I got Keeper of Dark and Keeper of Rainbow, luckily somehow someone friended me with Odin. I paired it with a healer, kept my health up, and good times were had!

Used Keeper of Dark on this little guy ->
302.png

Now all I need are Keeper of Lights (apparently, I thought I needed Keeper of Rainbows!)

Is it better to farm the other keeper dungeons for lights, or keep hitting Rainbow (since the fourth fight is a dark or light keeper?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom