• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Blah! This sucks. Was planning to run through the Ruby dungeon after recharging my stamina with a magic stone. Game is stuck in an endless loop and won't give me my stone. It's already charged my itunes account, though. 'Gonna miss the Ruby dungeon now.

Has this happened to anyone? Who do we contact? I can't access anything else in the game. If I restart, it takes me back to the stone buying prompt, but never gives it up.

I think if your phone is jailbroken it'll give you that loop.

ParityBit

Holy shit I'm 9/9 on Rainbow Keeper. One more and I won't need one for a long time. I'm addicted!

Congrats!

I have 6 so far. I am waiting for my stam to get to 25, then I can run sky dragon once, level and run Rainbow 2 more times. 8 is a nice number for now I think :)

J0dy77

So while I have managed to get the Fire, Water and even Light sky dragons, the Wood one is still eluding me. He just does SO. MUCH. DAMAGE. Even running a Graviton Earth Dragon as my leader, he hits me for something like 7k. Part of the problem is my red team is really weak it seems:

Shining Flame Ifrit (lvl 43, 1227HP 660ATK 160RCV)
Meteor Volcano Dragon (lvl 24, 1528HP 1039ATK 115RCV)
Red Skydragon El Dorado (lvl 10 352/481/125)
Flare Drall (lvl 16 820/371/175)

I have a bunch of other dudes that are non-red, but higher attack (Chaos Devil Dragon, ADK). Wish I could screen shot my android phone so I could show you my monster box.

In terms of healers, I'm also not in a great place. I have a lvl 1 siren, lvl 31 Alraune (565 rcv), lvl 37 angel (432 rcv) and lvl 11 Amaterasu (up to +8 RCV for 108 total). :-\ I got too used to Xelios's super ammy I guess.

Thoughts? Should I take the Alruane, some rippers and borrow an evolved Odin? I have a couple in my friends list.

There are some high level Amaterasu Okami in this thread and on the spreadsheet that will help a ton in this scenario that can heal through the 7300 damage with graviton leader. That's what got me through. Using a siren will even work as long as you can heal 7300 DMG or close to it. You can use the siren skill and hearts to heal the missing damage every few rounds.

You can take screenshots of android phones. I think the combination is the home button and the standby button. Google it, should come up.

There are some high level Amaterasu Okami in this thread and on the spreadsheet that will help a ton in this scenario that can heal through the 7300 damage with graviton leader. That's what got me through. Using a siren will even work as long as you can heal 7300 DMG or close to it. You can use the siren skill and hearts to heal the missing damage every few rounds.

You can take screenshots of android phones. I think the combination is the home button and the standby button. Google it, should come up.

On a related note, one of my Ammy Ohkami friends changed his/her name to, "I QUIT" hahahaha

I need to check what the friend ID is on that one. Pretty high lvl, too. 70+

Oh god. Accidentally chose my dark team with a Shiva friend in Rhea-Themis Temple. This could be bad...

Edit: Damn made it to the boss but couldn't heal back the damage in time. I had a King Dragon drop too. That sucks.

Kosh

12/12 on Rainbow Keepers. I'm done. 3 stones and 2 level ups did it.

hCgg1wvl.jpg

ccbfan

Did they ever release the new girl healers?

I'm checking some out and you can make some pretty good combos with valk.

Valk Leader + 2xValk + Siren + Enchilada + healer girl leader.

Thats like 20K+ hp and 3K RCU.

If you can survive one hit you'll never die.

J0dy77

Done and it worked! I got my rainbow keeper!

Grats!

I went 5/5 today. Feels good to not have to worry about that god forsaken dungeon for a while. Vamp, Valk and Ceres all getting final forms hopefully in the next week or so. Horus team coming together.

razterik

Did they ever release the new girl healers?

I'm checking some out and you can make some pretty good combos with valk.

Valk Leader + 2xValk + Siren + Enchilada + healer girl leader.

Thats like 20K+ hp and 3K RCU.

If you can survive one hit you'll never die.

Why 3x Valk? Probably want to pair it with Fuu. Convert wood, dark, and red orbs to hearts and then use Valkyrie to light it up. Nice damage there.

Don't think they are out, or at least I haven't seen anybody mention getting one. Special dungeon, maybe? Valkyrie's?

ccbfan

Why 3x Valk? Probably want to pair it with Fuu. Convert wood, dark, and red orbs to hearts and then use Valkyrie to light it up. Nice damage there.

Don't think they are out, or at least I haven't seen anybody mention getting one. Special dungeon, maybe? Valkyrie's?

Valks mainly for the HP and Damage aspect.

Definitely agree Fuu is best.

2 Valks + 2 Fuus + Siren + Enchilada would work well too. Twice every 15 turns you get light orb nuke bombs.

daw840

Grats!

I went 5/5 today. Feels good to not have to worry about that god forsaken dungeon for a while. Vamp, Valk and Ceres all getting final forms hopefully in the next week or so. Horus team coming together.
Actually did it twice and got 2 rainbows. Problem is now I have 4 dark keepers and I don't know what to do with them.

If I can manage to get 2 mystic masks tomorrow I can get my fire dragon Tyrannos to his final form and my DK into an ADK!

BlueSteel

I think I only need around 5 total rainbow keepers. I ran it 3 times, and used one, so I'll probably try to clear it around 2 or more times. I also need grass and fire keepers, so I'll keep trucking.

EDIT: LOL good job DST, guess it's mystic mask farming time.

Caerith

I think I only need around 5 total rainbow keepers. I ran it 3 times, and used one, so I'll probably try to clear it around 2 or more times. I also need grass and fire keepers, so I'll keep trucking.

EDIT: LOL good job DST, guess it's mystic mask farming time.
What it shows you is client-side, what it lets you enter is server-side. Your phone is showing the Wednesday dungeon, but it won't let you enter it. If you manually set your clock back to 11, you can still see the Tuesday dungeon (and enter it).

BlueSteel

What it shows you is client-side, what it lets you enter is server-side. Your phone is showing the Wednesday dungeon, but it won't let you enter it. If you manually set your clock back to 11, you can still see the Tuesday dungeon (and enter it).

Haha too late now, but thanks for letting me know. I got enough evolve materials to still be happy.

Caerith

What are the normal mask strats?
For non-expert, just faceroll.

For expert, the divine/mystic masks have high defense, high attack, and low HP, so you just need a way to bypass defense. The two most common ways are poison and Shiva. With poison, you bring 4 poisoners; stall on floor 1 until all their skills are charged, then use poison on floors 2-5. For Shiva, because his active skill completely negates enemy defense (and lasts until the enemy gets a turn), you stall on floor 1, then use Shiva's skill and proceed to one-shot everything on floors 2-5; typically this is done with a mono-color team to avoid accidentally sweeping the first floor and to make it easier to guarantee you can hit everything after Shiva's skill is up.

I don't have a Shiva, and I only have 3 poisoners, so I typically use Gigas leader (for Resolve), Vampire (for dark orb change), and 3 Liliths. Then I either find a friend's Shiva and do dark orb matches for 2-5, or I find a friend with poison and clear it that way. Advantage of poison + Shiva is that if I fuck up somehow and waste Shiva's skill, at least I can use poison to finish the dungeon.

Edit: this is also the strategy you will use for the Friday dungeon.

Ashodin

Yeah I definitely need Shivas now for Mask Expert.

I can also put up Angelion if you guys want for 50% off Light for Light Skydragon!

Khar

6/6 Rainbow Keeper. Last week I didn't manage to get a single one to drop so yesterday was excellent.

Did anyone not get a drop? It almost felt like the drop was guaranteed.

Currently my subs are:

ADK
Green mech
CDK
Dark ripper

All around lvl 40-50, leader is max skilled. I'm working on evolving another CDK, I'll be using him instead of dark ripper. Using an ADK team is a lot about managing orbs. Getting rid of useless orbs and hearts while not wasting too many good orbs. Since it's a glass cannon team you can never be caught without orbs and you need to be ready for a big orb change combo when you reach the bosses. Also very important to separate the orbs properly when using an orb change, more matches = more damage.

Cheers Otix. I have two Dark Dragon Knights I need to level up and evolve. Farming Pengdras and dragon plants tomorrow is a priorty.

Reading your stats gives me a helpful mini-goal in levelling up my team -- my lot are all floating around level 30 at the moment.

ParityBit

I thought you could do straight resolve on mask expert? Blue Ogre and 4 ghosts? I was JUST about to run that until I saw the posts here.

EDIT: Or should I put together a red team and run with a Shiva friend? I have randoms for red and no healer obviously. Could use Echidna as my leader.

4/4 on rainbow keepers yesterday. Figure this will keep me for a few weeks

This morning I am 2/2 on Mystic masks (first run mystic appeared second round, no drop on round 5, second run got the drop on round five) so my Shiva is evolved now! I still need two or three more today, hopefully I will have as good luck with masks as I did with rainbow keepers yesterday.

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/20/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

Quantum

I was farming rainbow keepers yesterday, I think I picked up 4 more.

this morning I realized I had 5 more stones and did another rare pull.

Gungho trolled me again, I had the same exact crappy 3* mob I've pulled in my previous two pulls (a farmable mob as well)

Now I'm *not* saying that 3 of the same rolls are not possible, but since I haven't paid I get the feeling that the next rare pull I save up for wont really help me much either.

so, I deleted my game. (rank 99, 155 spaces)

was definitely the best free game I've ever played but the diminishing returns for time invested was really annoying.

I'll probably re-roll at one point and go the free route again and certainly am not bitter, but my personal opinion is that without paying the game falls apart at the higher levels (which makes perfect sense).

ParityBit

OK, so the red team works amazing well. Just get mostly through the first round. I think the best team you could put together for the mask - expert would be ....

Leader : Echidna
Sub 1 : Red Ripper
Sub 2 : Red Ripper
Sub 3 : Red Ripper
Sub 4 : Titan/Gigas/Red Giant Gigas
Leader : Shiva

Is this the same type of team/strat we should use on Fridays too? This mean I can sell my blue ogre and blue ghosts off to free up space?

EDIT: 2/2 on Mystic Mask

lenni

I was farming rainbow keepers yesterday, I think I picked up 4 more.

Gungho trolled me again, I had the same exact crappy 3* mob I've pulled in my previous two pulls (a farmable mob as well)

Now I'm *not* saying that 3 of the same rolls are not possible, but since I haven't paid I get the feeling that the next rare pull I save up for wont really help me much either.

so, I deleted my game. (rank 99, 155 spaces)

was definitely the best free game I've ever played but the diminishing returns for time invested was really annoying.

I'll probably re-roll at one point and go the free route again and certainly am not bitter, but my personal opinion is that without paying the game falls apart at the higher levels (which makes perfect sense).

I kinda have the same feeling, that the rare gacha is worthless for people who aren't paying for stones.
In hindsight I should have noted down my rare pulls, but the ones I remember (and are probably all my pulls) are, in order:

Amaterasu (first pull after tutorial)
Verche
Cupid
Cupid
Titan
Dark Golem MkII
Mystic Flame Knight
Light Golem MkI
Shardra
Cupid
Mermaid
Succubus
Mermaid
Alraune
Shardran
Mystic Light Knight
Fairlio

I wouldn't say I've only had bad luck, but that's a lot of bad duplicates and 3 stars to pull, even though I've only pulled during God Fests. I realize that Gods definitely have worse odds to be pulled than Cupid or Fairlio, but it's just mindboggling how I could pull so many duplicates with only a few pulls.
I'm pretty certain it's impossible to have such a streak of bad luck if one were to pay for stones, because no one would keep on paying $5 per pull for the monsters I had showing up. So to make sure people keep on buying stones the odds kinda have to change after someone bought stones.

Maybe someone can show me 20 similarly bad consecutive pulls during God fest from someone who bought stones, but I don't think it's likely that happened. Of course it'd be nice if it really was just my bad luck and had nothing to do with me not paying for stones.

ToxicAdam

).

Honestly, if you are going to be a non-paying player you can't just waste pulls on non-Godfest days. You need to sit on those stones and make pulls when the odds are more in your favor.

Gungho isn't stingy with their stones either. In the first 2 months I played this they passed out about 25-30 free stones. Since then it's probably been another 15 or so. So, that represents about 10 free pulls at the gacha, without counting all the stones you get from clearing dungeons.

I've only spent 10 dollars and have a pretty good group of pets. Much more than I can handle and keep them leveled up. You just have to take the (very) long look on this game if you are a non-payer. Not in terms of days or a week .. but more like months.

StMeph

I re-read the OT and didn't really find the part that covers this, so I was hoping you guys could help.

I am about to upgrade my phone soon. What do I do to transfer the save file over to the new device? iOS. Not jailbroken.

ToxicAdam

I love that its basically impossible to get a dragon plant outside of the Thursday dungeon. Sitting on a lot of stuff here....

Yea, it's really annoying. I don't remember the drop rate being so bad when I first started and was doing the Tower of Giants. I would gladly burn stamina in there if they just slightly increased the drop rate a bit.

I re-read the OT and didn't really find the part that covers this, so I was hoping you guys could help.

I am about to upgrade my phone soon. What do I do to transfer the save file over to the new device? iOS. Not jailbroken.
Pick one
1. Back up PAD using iTunes/iCloud, restore onto your new phone
2. Use iFunBox, grab your data048.bin file, and plop it onto your new phone
3. Email GungHo support with your ID, flip a coin to see if they actually respond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom