• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintR

Yes! Took some time, but it broke out of the loop, and I got the stone that I bought.

Ok cool. Glad it worked and you didn't have to wait for a response from trollho lol

And yes I'm bitter...3 masks runs and this is exactly the same drops I've gotten:

5ROfHlY.jpg

To add insult to injury, I actually need a dark mask....

4 kings out of 5 runs. Man its going to suck when this 2x event ends. Probably won't be running it anymore until dark pengdras come out.

Was able to take my DDK from 1 to 62 today. Fantastic.

Still only 1 mystic mask as well. I figure we are all due for a "2 mask drop" run any time now :).

May try to avoid the metal dragons today, but the 2xking drop is hard to pass up. I just don't have a ton of box space right now...

Has anyone actually gotten a skillup during this event? I think something is glitched I'm going to hoard my feeders til the event is over the rate seems worse than standard somehow. Maybe I'm just having horrible luck though.

Has anyone actually gotten a skillup during this event? I think something is glitched I'm going to hoard my feeders til the event is over the rate seems worse than standard somehow. Maybe I'm just having horrible luck though.

Feels like a mistake was made, and skill-up rate was reduced instead of increased.

xCobalt

I got about 3 skill ups from my Water Mech after using about 10 keepers.

Kreed

Out of three Expert Mask runs I got 2 Mystic Masks in my second run (Mystic Mask showing up on the first floor). I still need a lot more, but at least I got my Lakshmi evolved so that she increases HP. Hopefully I can get one more for Idunn and Idunna today.

Caerith

I got 3 in two runs immediately after. If you see one in stage 1-4 it's a guanteed drop (because of 2x drop)
I think it's always a guaranteed drop if you get one alone, just like the king dragons are. 2x drop for these dungeons is kinda useless since you're always going to get something.

MicH

I think it's always a guaranteed drop if you get one alone, just like the king dragons are. 2x drop for these dungeons is kinda useless since you're always going to get something.
Whenever there's no 2x drop you sometimes walk away with nothing or 1 or 2 drops. So the 2x drop is very important for Mask (or any other daily dungeon) farming.

MicH

How and what team do you use to survive if you get one on stage 1? I'm not buying stones so can't afford to burn them on something simple like mask.
Resolve. The Mystic Mask hits EVERY TURN so you have to make a match EVERY turn otherwise he will kill you, as you'll constantly be left at 1 HP until you kill him. I didn't make a match one turn and died (error, eugh, I thought for sure that I did)

I don't know how Shiva users deal with it if they have no healer and haven't charged up Shiva yet.

Resolve. The Mystic Mask hits EVERY TURN so you have to make a match EVERY turn otherwise he will kill you, as you'll constantly be left at 1 HP until you kill him. I didn't make a match one turn and died (error, eugh, I thought for sure that I did)

I don't know how Shiva users deal with it if they have no healer and haven't charged up Shiva yet.

Unless they're running a full-on high-lvl shiva team, they die.

ToxicAdam

You might be able to survive if you have the other leader be a light damage mitigator and have about 10000 HPs. But the odds of getting the Mystic Mask in the first or second round are really, really low.

I get resolve teams but it seems like you would get destroyed on round 4 and 5 when mask are on the same timer as it takes 3 turns to kill a mask using a mono red team.

Lumiere

Neo Member
I ran through expert masks 4 times so far, and each time I got a Divine Gold Mask from stage 5. Of course, I actually need Mystic Masks and Divine Onyx Masks :(

MicH

I get resolve teams but it seems like you would get destroyed on round 4 and 5 when mask are on the same timer as it takes 3 turns to kill a mask using a mono red team.
Yeah, that is tricky. On the 5th stage you need to target Mystic Mask first as he hits every turn. On the other floors, if there are monsters on the same attack timer, ALWAYS target one of them first. I am cheating a bit by using poisoners in my team as poison instant kills every enemy. If you have a Lillith or a Neptune, be sure to bring it along.

Yeah, that is tricky. On the 5th stage you need to target Mystic Mask first as he hits every turn. I am cheating a bit by using poisoners in my team as poison instant kills every enemy. If you have a Lillith or a Neptune, be sure to bring it along.
I have both a Succubus and Neptune what would a typical resolve composition look like? I currently run Titan, Enchida, Red Keeper, Mystic red knight and a Shiva.

J0dy77

Not completely true. I ran Mask Expert a lot last week and was getting some runs with only 1 or 2 total drops, and none on the final stage. 2X at least gives you a 33% chance

I run the Mystic Mask dungeon with a Siren and Shiva and mono blue in the middle with as many HP as possible. I'm right around 11k depending on the shiva friend. The masks early on do very little damage and the autohealer can easily fill you back up. Safer way to run IMO.

OTIX

I use an autohealer and 5 high hp red monsters so in theory it should be doable. Hasn't happened yet though.

MicH

I have both a Succubus and Neptune what would a typical resolve composition look like? I currently run Titan, Enchida, Red Keeper, Mystic red knight and a Shiva.
Your Shiva team is good. The only thing you can't beat is a Mystic Mask on the first stage, and that doesn't happen often. If you want to try Resolve here's what I do:

I currently use: Viper Orochi (Resolve, can use Titan or Ogre instead but you have to heal 70% of all HP otherwise Resolve doesn't work. With Viper it is 50%), Ice Knight (green to blue orbchange), Succubus, Succus, Neptune and friend Siren.

If you have a healer, then you can use a friends Viper Orochi. You want to keep it as close to one color as possible - blue in the above example. Mix in Succubus for some dark as they're very useful.

A poormans Resolve without any poisoners or anything would typically look like this:
Ice Ogre
Sapphlit
Sapphlit
Sapphlit
Sapphlit
Siren the Enchanter

Remember, if there are ANY monsters on the same attack timer, always target one of them first and kill them fast. If they both hit you on the same time you are dead.

Your Shiva team is good. The only thing you can't beat is a Mystic Mask on the first stage, and that doesn't happen often. If you want to try Resolve here's what I do:

I currently use: Viper Orochi (Resolve, can use Titan or Ogre instead but you have to heal 70% of all HP otherwise Resolve doesn't work. With Viper it is 50%), Ice Knight (green to blue orbchange), Succubus, Succus, Neptune and friend Siren.

If you have a healer, then you can use a friends Viper Orochi. You want to keep it as close to one color as possible - blue in the above example. Mix in Succubus for some dark as they're very useful.

A poormans Resolve without any poisoners or anything would typically look like this:
Ice Ogre
Sapphlit
Sapphlit
Sapphlit
Sapphlit
Siren the Enchanter

Remember, if there are ANY monsters on the same attack timer, always target one of them first and kill them fast. If they both hit you on the same time you are dead.
I mean Shiva as the other leader my other sub is Flare Drall. Ok I'll give it a shot I have two Sirens should I use the lower level one or the one with more +RCV? My Neptune is also evolved and level 42 so I my hp may be too high but I'll give it a shot, wiped too many times to round one mask and only have gotten 1 out of all my runs ever.

Anyone have a low level Viper? My id is 318 542 216

MicH

I mean Shiva as the other leader my other sub is Flare Drall. Ok I'll give it a shot I have two Sirens should I use the lower level one or the one with more +RCV? My Neptune is also evolved and level 42 so I my hp may be too high but I'll give it a shot, wiped too many times to round one mask and only have gotten 1 out of all my runs ever.

Anyone have a low level Viper? My id is 318 542 216
Yeah, he might have too much HP. You need to heal 50% of all HP back, so yeah. I sent you a friend request, I have my lvl 6 Viper up.

I maxed my second siren from level 3 with maybe 35 marine goblins. During the last 2x skill-up event I maxed my first one from level 1 with less than 20. Definitely felt like it wasn't working this time

daw840

Hahahaha! Got another mystic mask and now I have all the ingredients for my fire dragon Tyrannos ultimate evolution! Just not enough money....sad panda

OTIX

I've had good luck on skillups during this event. 2/6 on ADK, 6/40 on Siren, 1/5 on a golem.

I've had good luck on skillups during this event. 2/6 on ADK, 6/40 on Siren, 1/5 on a golem.
Wow. Went 0/13 MSK, 0/27 Siren, and 0/7 Titan guess my luck is just miserable.

Thanks for the invites. Decided to go StE, Blue Keeper, Succubus, MIK, and Sapphire Dragon just waiting for stamina to refill so I can run it again.

MicH

I've also had TERRIBLE luck skilling up. Some guys on the Facebook group think GungHo forgot to actually increase the s kill up rate :p Only got 2 skill ups on my ADK during the Dragon Guardian dungeon out of, I dunno, 20 MSK? So awful. 0 on my Ice Golem after feeding it so many excess Dark Keepers, 0 on my second Siren. Best luck I've had has been on my Hellray Harpie Demon, where I've gotten 10, but that's out of like.. 50 Devils/Demons.

SaintR

I'll add to the terrible skill up luck during this event. My Enchantress has gone 0/20-25 on goblin....

Btw anyone need Viper Orochi for resolve ill put him up just let me know... Running mono-red for mask hunting so ill switch him up if anyone needs it

ParityBit

I am 3/4 with mystic masks. I will get one more run in when I get the stamina so maybe I will get my 4th.

I have had ZERO luck with skill-ups so I stopped trying. Even with my ADK. Maybe next time!

I am glad I have a team; the Shiva/Titan team [Red Ripper/Mystic Flame Knight/Echidna the Red Empress/Firedragon Tyrannos subs] for my Wed/Friday dungeons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom