• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Pick one
1. Back up PAD using iTunes/iCloud, restore onto your new phone
2. Use iFunBox, grab your data048.bin file, and plop it onto your new phone
3. Email GungHo support with your ID, flip a coin to see if they actually respond

Thanks. Looks like I will do #1 as Plan A, but grab the file from #2 first as Plan B.

I wasn't aware that backups included app save data.

Yea, it's really annoying. I don't remember the drop rate being so bad when I first started and was doing the Tower of Giants. I would gladly burn stamina in there if they just slightly increased the drop rate a bit.

seems to be VERY low as of late. A few weeks ago, I could get one to drop every few runs or so. Havn't even seen one in the few runs I've done today. Sitting on everything else to evo both MSK and MDK.

Uthred

Are the "Elementals" (Undine, Slyph, etc.) useful for anything? Have to say it stings seeing that golden egg and getting one of them

ToxicAdam

Thanks. Looks like I will do #1 as Plan A, but grab the file from #2 first as Plan B.

I wasn't aware that backups included app save data.

Another file you might want to grab is data056.bin. That keeps track of all the monsters you have seen, that way you don't have to go through that 'new monster' animation everytime an egg drops. Or have a bunch of ? boxes when looking at someone's evolve reqs.

Are the "Elementals" (Undine, Slyph, etc.) useful for anything? Have to say it stings seeing that golden egg and getting one of them

They are kind of like the Riders. Useful early in the game (as a leader) up to the Castle of Satan. Their special skill is pretty good against bosses, but doesn't charge up fast enough to make them worth bringing as team mates.

MicH

That is just the worst. THE worst! A lttle bit of me dies everytime that happens.

I suppose they're useful for their leaderskill. 2.5x HP for attribute allies can be useful if you're running monocolor teams. I would use Indian/Norse/Greek Gods over them, though.

I'm going to go with 'no'. Was pissed when Sylph dropped out of a gold egg. Holding on to them in case they get buffed. Not even wasting the XP

Wanchan

seems to be VERY low as of late. A few weeks ago, I could get one to drop every few runs or so. Havn't even seen one in the few runs I've done today. Sitting on everything else to evo both MSK and MDK.

You should give "The Tower of Trials -> None Shall Pass" a try, i had more luck getting dragon plant from that dungeon than tower of giants. Remember to focus the dragon plant when you see it so you kill him first, not sure if it's working or it's only in my head but i had more luck getting plants by focusing&killing the plant first.

Oh and i'm 3/4 on mystic masks, lucky week for me, i had tons of kings, mystic mask, rainbow keepers...i'm short on money now :(

You should give "The Tower of Trials -> None Shall Pass" a try, i had more luck getting dragon plant from that dungeon than tower of giants. Remember to focus the dragon plant when you see it so you kill him first, not sure if it's working or it's only in my head but i had more luck getting plants by focusing&killing the plant first.

Oh and i'm 3/4 on mystic masks, lucky week for me, i had tons of kings, mystic mask, rainbow keepers...i'm short on money now :(

you can take your mystic masks and shove them up yo......

hm

Yeah, i've been running Tower or Trials and havn't seen any show up yet. btw, the 'kill it first and it will drop' thing is totally placebo. What drops is decided when you enter the dungeon, just kill everything

J0dy77

you can take your mystic masks and shove them up yo......

hm

Yeah, i've been running Tower or Trials and havn't seen any show up yet. btw, the 'kill it first and it will drop' thing is totally placebo. What drops is decided when you enter the dungeon, just kill everything

Yeah, I still click on the mystic mask to focus him for luck but it's completely nonsense. The drops are decided as soon as you enter the dungeon.

I added this up after I did a PAL pull once when I didn't want to. I tried exiting the application while I was looking at the dragon (no pull). When I restarted the game the new monster was already in my box.

TimeKillr

Yeah, the drops are 100% decided by the server.

Essentially, the game sends a request to the server, saying "I'm entering this dungeon!" and the server replies with "This is what you'll encounter and what drops".

Someone sniffed it with Wirecast(or something, I don't remember exactly) and the data was straight there in plain text in XML :)

Yeah, the drops are 100% decided by the server.

Essentially, the game sends a request to the server, saying "I'm entering this dungeon!" and the server replies with "This is what you'll encounter and won't drop".

Someone sniffed it with Wirecast(or something, I don't remember exactly) and the data was straight there in plain text in XML :)

ftfy

After my bitching, I ran Tower of Trials twice and got 2 plants. awesome. Evod my MDK and used by 2 King Metals to bring him to 40. Awesome!

Have the mats to evo him to CDK, just need 30 more levels. Need to run the metal today!

massoluk

Banned
Yesterday was disappointmenton, wasted over 100 stamina trying to get rainbow keeper with nothing to show for it. Resolve team failed :(.

I'll never get one at this rate without wasting jewel.

Yesterday was disappointmenton, wasted over 100 stamina trying to get rainbow keeper with nothing to show for it. Resolve team failed :(.

I'll never get one at this rate without wasting jewel.

curious : what exactly were you running? Resolve + autohealer should get you through (or autohealer+odin...)

SaberVulcan

lets do this

Friday dungeon. and randomally throughout Techs and high level dungeons

Thanks, had you friended and used you 3 times before you stopped appearing, you're 1/3 :p

So, theres no reliable way to farm them. Oh well. I guess after this farming EVO materials week I will continue down the path of Tech dungeons. Kind of ignored them for a while.

massoluk

Banned
curious : what exactly were you running? Resolve + autohealer should get you through (or autohealer+odin...)

Yeah, I have feeling I'm doing something wrong.

The only auto healer I have are siren and archangel. The only decent Resolve I have and used was Gigas. The dudes I borrowed are orochi, odin or amaterasu. All failed. The last time I got my rainbow keeper was at the expense of 2 jewel (not in the mood to start over that day)

The only auto healer I have are siren and archangel. The only decent Resolve I have and used was Gigas. The dudes I borrowed are orochi, odin or amaterasu. All failed.

That's suprising w/o seeing stats.

Archangel + Odin
Archangel + Orochi

Both should have worked, but depends on the RCV the archangel had

I think basically my monster are till too weak yet.

what is the RCV stat on your Archangel and what level is it at?

Were you always failing on the rainbow keeper? And are you always remembering to make at least one match on every turn (I know seems basic, but when I started I made similar mistakes)?

Remember that you can move the bubbles essentially anywhere on the board, so don't get obsessed with just moving them vertically and horizontally.

ParityBit

OK, so for Fridays dungeon, do we use the same as we use in this dungeon?

Shiva/4 reds/enchilada?

*waiting for my stamina to get to 25*

SaberVulcan

Same here. My problem was on the Keeper levels I only got through the Knights 1/2 the time. The Keepers themselves are easy, even without a auto-healer, they just take a while.

The damn Knights though hitting for 3k every 2 turns gave me trouble, because I couldnt survive 3+ hitting me at once. I assumed my monsters were just too weak/low level or something, and I couldnt sweep them before they swept me.

Musan

I think they can be decent if you paired them up with one of the norse gods, but you'll be better off just having one of the gods.

OK, so for Fridays dungeon, do we use the same as we use in this dungeon?

Shiva/4 reds/enchilada?

*waiting for my stamina to get to 25*

Wouldn't using Echidna as a leader kill all the sprites before you can charge your skills? What would be the benefit of using her as leader?

ParityBit

si

I usually use a Gigas instead of enchilada for that orb changing. Been a few times I get to the last floor w/ no red gems left. Not fun

Can't you use his heart/red gem swap as a non-leader?

IS there a reason to keep a blue resolve team other than these two dungeons? Trying to decide if I can free up slots in my box or not.

ParityBit

Wouldn't using Echidna as a leader kill all the sprites before you can charge your skills? What would be the benefit of using her as leader?

It doesn't really do any damage (maybe when I use the titan) I just do not have much red .... so I use her as my leader for this team.

Is regular or expert mask better for demon masks? I need 4 red ones to evolve my titan

expert, but you only get two really good turns of them and the dungeon is much harder.

EDIT : 3/3 mystic Masks on completed dungeons (went in with Shiva x Shiva team with under 8889 and died due to lack of HP)

ParityBit

Maybe not to the masks because of their high defense, but i'm pretty sure she will kill all the sprites in 1 or 2 rounds.

Oh, good point. So I guess maybe I should switch her with my Titan then? Want to make a team that will work for both dungeons.

EDIT: Actually I have a mystic Flame Knight. I should put him on the team to work with the titan also.

I messed up one mask run and didn't want to spend a stone so I am only 1/2 so far today. I would like 11 more but I guess even 5 would be nice. I did use the one I got to make this:
805f31d461016cbad512a10139dadaf4.png

Now I have all the pieces to make the team I saw a few pages back. I just need to find some Artemis friends and save a few million xp :).

Random question: is there a way to get Ice Dragon Niflheim in the game? All the sites Ive visited dont link it to a dungeon, or even the rare eggs.

Just curious, he would be a good last man on my Mono-blue team.
I got mine in JP from the Dragon Rush limited time dungeon. I -think- we got him in a special dragon dungeon all the way back in November but that might have been a different dragon.

xCobalt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom