• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaberVulcan

OK, so ... I am looking for some direction as to what to power-up/evolve. I got a bunch of

*snip*

Man thats an impressive haul.

Gonna throw in my 2cents here:

• Isis (MAX) - Very useful leader ability, and if already Max might as well evolve.
  • Idunn & Idunna (4) - Buffed in 5.1 (so I am told) and they are already strong, good leader for Blue team.
  • Mystic Stone Knight (10) - If you run an ADK team, which seems to be recommended everywhere I look, most have atleast 2 ADK since their active is great and pretty cheap for their use.
  • Loki (6) - Buffed in 5.1, good dark leader.
  • Mystic Dark Knight (10) - Good in ADK and Dark team, super jealous you have one :mad:
  • Vampire (10) - His active is great for dark teams. I use him in his non-evolved state just for it, and cause I cannot afford his evolution on my team.

I probably know less then most here, but there you go.

Also, you don't need 2 Toytops, and the Blue Starter would only be good if 1) you dont level Idunn/Idunna and 2) you want water on your ADK team. Multiple rippers would be good for changing the colors of an ADK team on the fly, but sinc eyou have so many monsters I doubt you're short on Dragons of any color.

As someone who is a semi-newbie and got an Idunn & Idunna and an Isis during the godfest, I also would like to know what kind of team subs would go well assuming those were leaders.

(I also have a ADK build I am working on, but how to build that is pretty well-distributed knowledge).

If you have atleast 3 colors of decent monsters, use Isis as your leader, otherwise just stack water with Idunn/Idunna. I use friends Isis (which seems to be a common grab in the Rare machine amongst GAFers) with a Blue/Black/Green team and it works quite well with atleast 2 orb-changers. Unless I am cleaning away Light orbs (wru CDK) I almost always get it to combo.

OK, so looking at these as my leaders .... what would my teams involve with them? Besides my normal ripper teammates? Also, outside of Isis (which is a must #1) any suggestions on order for these 5?

• Isis (MAX)
  • Idunn & Idunna (4)
  • Artemis (30)
  • Loki (6)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami (49)
I have no idea what to put on Isis/Horus teams; so far I've just tossed whatever I can fit with regards to team cost and hope for the best.

Monocolor teams love orb changers, so mystic knights (which you have), ninjas (which nobody has), and attack stance monsters. You have Vampire already but not Siegfried or Choo Choo, which conveniently drop from 2 Heroes. Beating 2 Heroes is a different matter - anybody have a strat for it involving an Isis team?

Overall I'd make Isis top priority, followed by Ammy, then work on the other gods slowly as you get the enhance materials for them.

J0dy77

I have no idea what to put on Isis/Horus teams; so far I've just tossed whatever I can fit with regards to team cost and hope for the best.

Monocolor teams love orb changers, so mystic knights (which you have), ninjas (which nobody has), and attack stance monsters. You have Vampire already but not Siegfried or Choo Choo, which conveniently drop from 2 Heroes. Beating 2 Heroes is a different matter - anybody have a strat for it involving an Isis team?

Overall I'd make Isis top priority, followed by Ammy, then work on the other gods slowly as you get the enhance materials for them.

I was able to clear Rhea Themis last level with a Horus/Isis team. I'm in the same boat, still trying to figure things out. I went with this team:

Horus Leader

Enchidna
ADK
CDK
Valk

Isis Leader

I was basically just taking my strongest monsters and I kind of like the horus/isis pairing. The 12x combos hurt enough to clear whatever you need on normal levels. And you can consistently keep up damage with 3x from Isis when 4 combos arent available. Dual horus teams bring insane damage but do a lot of minimal damage when you can't find four combos.

Fishious

If there's anyone posting/lurking this thread that hasn't swapped their lv 20 friend gift I still have mine. ID is Fishious 306.544.209. I thought about adding myself to the google doc, but man you guys have some crazy leaders! Makes me feel a tad inadequate. So maybe I'll just wait until I have a little more to offer.

MicH

So I decided to make an Excel document listing all the monsters I plan to evolve in the nearest future and make a list of what materials I need to do that. Here is the total list (damn :D)

Code:
Rainbow Keeper:			10 (have 5)
Blue Keeper:			2 (have 0)
Green Keeper:			6 (have 2)
Red Keeper:			2 (have 1)
Light Keeper:			1 (have 1)
Dub-Mythlit:			11 (have 0)
Dub-Sapphlit:			1 (have 3)
Dub-Emelit:			3 (have 2)
Dub-Rubylit:			1 (have 2)
Dub-Amelit:			7 (have 3)
Dub-Topalit:			7 (have 3)
Dragon Fruit:			3 (have 2)
Mythlit:			10 (have 0)
Mystic Mask:			10 (have 1)
Green Divine Mask:		5 (have 1)
Red Divine Mask: 		3 (have 2)
Light Divine Mask:		1 (have 3)
Phew, that's a lot. I have a lot of them covered already, with the big sinners being Rainbow Keeper, Dub-Mythlit, Mystic Mask and Mythlit. But this is in the long haul, so I won't need much of it right now (well, excet for the Dub- and regular mythlits :p)

ParityBit

If there's anyone posting/lurking this thread that hasn't swapped their lv 20 friend gift I still have mine. ID is Fishious 306.544.209. I thought about adding myself to the google doc, but man you guys have some crazy leaders! Makes me feel a tad inadequate. So maybe I'll just wait until I have a little more to offer.

Bah! Add yourself and send us invites. If we can help with our leaders we will. No reason to struggle on your own! (This game will make sure you struggle enough as it is)

A fair amount of us drew the green ninja (myself included), and he has insane stats (especially the evolved version) but I doubt anyone will ever use him or the others as a leader.
Sure, but unlike the mystic knights or attack stance monsters there's currently no way to obtain them without rolling gacha.

I did some napkin math the other day with regards to Horus/Isis teams, and came up with the following:
A Horus/Horus team will out damage a Horus/Isis team as long as you can hit Horus 33% or more of the time.
An Isis/Isis team will out damage a Horus/Isis team unless you can hit Horus 67% or more of the time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

People with "inadequate" leaders add me all the time - we all start with nothing. As long as you are GAF, I'll add you.

ParityBit

OK I will do this. Now last question (for now!)

What level do I want to bring these to? I am assuming not level 99. As that would be crazy xp wise! Just wondering when I can stop and move to the next.

MicH

Ama should be max lvl if possible. You need as much healing out of her as possible.

Just did 3 Emerald Dragon runs. 3 kings, 1 high. Really love this 2x King rate!

J0dy77

i'd kill for a green anything, all I got was a stupid Genie

This sounds like a T-Shirt waiting to happen.

Sure, but unlike the mystic knights or attack stance monsters there's currently no way to obtain them without rolling gacha.

I did some napkin math the other day with regards to Horus/Isis teams, and came up with the following:
A Horus/Horus team will out damage a Horus/Isis team as long as you can hit Horus 33% or more of the time.
An Isis/Isis team will out damage a Horus/Isis team unless you can hit Horus 67% or more of the time.

Sounds right to me. For running normal dungeons and farming I'm clearly going to want to focus on the Horus/Isis team. For when the big events come around I think you need a dual Horus team and some good luck if you expect to clear without using stones. Catching the huge 16x damage combos will wipe bosses.

SaberVulcan

Sorry if this was asked before, but is there a level requirement on the Busty Evos, or should I just do them ASAP.

I can evolve my Icedragon but I wasnt sure if he required a particular level or not.

After going 0/6 on Rainbow Keeper last Tuesday, I'm 8/8 today. Has anyone even NOT had the Rainbow drop today? Even if you don't currently have anything to evolve using Rainbow Keeper, I'd still suggest farming a few or more and just store them for future use. Most of the high tier monsters require 1 or even sometimes 2 Rainbows to evolve. And Keepers are the only evo mats that can't be farmed in regular dungeons. I'd only farm the color Keepers you actually need to do a current evolution, because those at least are guaranteed drops, so the 2x drop rate doesn't matter. But Rainbow Keeper is the toughest evo mat to farm, and doesn't always drop, so I highly recommend taking advantage of this high drop rate while it's available, lest you need a Rainbow in the future and go 0/6 like I did last week.

Wondering if a double Parv team would be able to do Wednesday Dungeons? I really have to step away from the resolve team sometime soon. I hate it.
Depending on how leveled your monsters are, definitely. A maxed-out Parvati team can potentially tank 4 Divine Mask attacks at once. It really depends on how much HP you have to tank. You can easily recover the lost health, but you have to be able to absorb the damage. You'd need at least 8889 team HP(including helper), to be able to tank 2 Divine Mask attacks at the same time.

J0dy77

For any of the newer plays lurking around I would highly suggest trying to put a resolve team together to get the 2x Rainbow Keeper today. It would take hours to grind through the 2 keepers but it's really worth it for the Rainbow. I was lucky to get one through a PAL roll very early on in my account and he was staple for my team for a very long time and still use them quite frequently.

The dublits are also really worth the effort on Fridays with great stats and only a team cost of 1.

579927_10200908154330302_2076391322_n.jpg

Whoops :p Not me though, someone posted it on the Facebook group. God damn at that luck

God damn. Best I've run is 2 Green Kings outside of this 2x event.

Cleared some tech dungeons, and amassed 5 more stones, which rolled me a Freyja. Could have really used another Undine in my roster.
sarcasm

edit: hey guys, how much exp are you getting from Rainbow Keeper dungeon? Close to ranking up, trying to squeeze as much out of my remaining exp. Puzzledragonx doesn't have an estimate.

Radav

After going 0/6 on Rainbow Keeper last Tuesday, I'm 8/8 today. Has anyone even NOT had the Rainbow drop today?

I've got 3/3 so far today. That gives me 6 total which is 2 more then I need for the current set of stuff I need to evo. I'm going to stop there so I can get some jewel dragon runs in this evening.

After running the Rainbow keeper dungeon three times I can't wait to get my Ra team setup. I was running the standard Odin+Ammy and dps subs but just for kicks I was trying to make the 5 element combo as often as I could. I was actually having a fair amount of success. Far better then I was doing on Saturday in the endless corridor... maybe I'm actually getting better at the game now that I'm paying attention to what I'm doing. lol

MicH

God damn. Best I've run is 2 Green Kings outside of this 2x event.

Cleared some tech dungeons, and amassed 5 more stones, which rolled me a Freyja. Could have really used another Undine in my roster.
sarcasm

edit: hey guys, how much exp are you getting from Rainbow Keeper dungeon? Close to ranking up, trying to squeeze as much out of my remaining exp. Puzzledragonx doesn't have an estimate.
Freyja! That is amazing! Congrats!

I seem to get just under 2500 xp from Rainbow if I remember correctly.

Currently at 6/6. Gotta stock up

Freyja! That is amazing! Congrats!

I seem to get just under 2500 xp from Rainbow if I remember correctly.

Currently at 6/6. Gotta stock up

Yessir! Tri-color team leaders GET.

Cool re: Rainbow keeper. I've got just about that before ranking up... Can squeeze in two runs if that's the case.

ok. got 2 King Metals sitting around. What to use them for?

• Mechdragon (10)
  • Anubis (5)
  • Gryps Rider (10)
    anyone says him, i cut you
  • Lility (50)
  • MDK (Maxed) - when I evo him

ParityBit

ok. got 2 King Metals sitting around. What to use them for?

• Mechdragon (10)
  • Anubis (5)
  • Gryps Rider (10)
    anyone says him, i cut you
  • Lility (50)
  • MDK (Maxed) - when I evo him

Gryps Rider!!

What is behind the black bar? Hrmmmmmmmmm

So I have never tried the Shrines of Expert on Friday. What is the strat for that? I need some Dub-sapphilit for my Isis. Plus I should get some rainbows too if I can.

Gryps Rider!!

What is behind the black bar? Hrmmmmmmmmm

So I have never tried the Shrines of Expert on Friday. What is the strat for that? I need some Dub-sapphilit for my Isis. Plus I should get some rainbows too if I can.

damn you.

Usually go with same strat as Masks : Shiva + mono Red. Charge -> nuke def -> profit

OTIX

This has probably been answered before, but Heaven Neptune or Abyss Neptune? I realize there's probably no real answer.
Abyss Neptune is used in certain strats for Hera and Two Heroes, I'm not sure if there are any hard dungeons where the light version is used.

ToxicAdam

Those Dublits hit for 6k+. You will have levels where you get 3 of them and 2 of them are always on the same timer. So, resolve would be kind of tricky.

After running the Rainbow keeper dungeon three times I can't wait to get my Ra team setup. I was running the standard Odin+Ammy and dps subs but just for kicks I was trying to make the 5 element combo as often as I could. I was actually having a fair amount of success. Far better then I was doing on Saturday in the endless corridor... maybe I'm actually getting better at the game now that I'm paying attention to what I'm doing. lol
You know, it never dawned on me until Cosmo mentioned it, that I could use Ra with any of the other Egyptian gods, since Ra already needs all 5 colors and needs a minimum 5 combo string to trigger, which also meets the trigger requirements for everything from Bastet to Horus. So I could benefit from Horus' 4x ATK(which is as good as a dual Norse/Greek team by itself) even if I fail to trigger Ra's skill. And together, they still deal a whopping 24x ATK, or 18x with Isis.

ParityBit

So should I bring Ammy/4 rippers/friends Shiva?

Fight through the first 4 floors, then use the shiva on the 5th floor and use one ripper to kill everything?

Radav

You know, it never dawned on me until Cosmo mentioned it, that I could use Ra with any of the other Egyptian gods, since Ra already needs all 5 colors and needs a minimum 5 combo string to trigger, which also meets the trigger requirements for everything from Bastet to Horus. So I could benefit from Horus' 4x ATK(which is as good as a dual Norse/Greek team by itself) even if I fail to trigger Ra's skill. And together, they still deal a whopping 24x ATK, or 18x with Isis.

Yeah I've been doing that in endless corridor since I have nobody on my friends list with Ra up. 24x damage is nothing to sneeze at and you can use the 4x dmg to clear waves until you get into the 30s. It's going to be a while before I have my team set for Ra but it's my PAD long term goal to make a solid Ra uber smack down team to try and do stuff like that video where the guy beats Zeus in 3 turns. lol

OTIX

So should I bring Ammy/4 rippers/friends Shiva?

Fight through the first 4 floors, then use the shiva on the 5th floor and use one ripper to kill everything?
No no, Shivas ability stays active as long as you oneshot each wave. So you use at least four monsters of the same colour, save up a bunch of orbs of that colour and then pop Shivas ability on the first or second wave and oneshot each wave with a single three orb match each.

Radav

Am I the only one who uses Resolve in the Friday dungeon? Sure, I use 3-4 posoiners, but still :p

I don't know why but I've stuck with the Orochi + Siren all blue resolve strat. I haven't had a problem using that strat since I started so I've just stuck with it. I imagine Shiva is probably safer?

Pacman2k

Are the calendars for the jewel dragon dungeons static or do they rotate / randomize in some manner?

I have to imagine they are predictable since these websites have them posted, but I can't find anywhere that describes the pattern.

I just want to make a quick app that SMSs me when dungeons are up. :)

Thank goodness the 1.5x Coin thing was a mistake by GungHo. Just finished 3 runs and got 3 Rainbows. Yay! Also loving the nerf of the battle #4 Keeper down to 200K HP. Makes it go by much quicker.

And hot damn at my Freyja team! I paired it up with woody@GAF's Artemis, which put my team HP above 28K. I just tanked through Rainbow Keeper's attack and proceeded to kill it in 7 turns. Whole run took only 4 minutes. During the killing blow, I managed to get a Heart match in, and was able to heal back to full in one go. I had another Artemis friend for the second run, and that went just as well. For the third run, I teamed up with a Parvati(these are currently way more common on my friendlist), and I had only 23K HP, just enough to tank Rainbow's attack. Even though the ATK multiplier was only reduced to 3x from 4x, the Freyja/Parvati team felt noticeably weaker than the Freyja/Artemis team. And the RCV was overkill. I was healing 30K HP by inserting a single Heart match into a combo string. I definitely prefer the Norse/Greek 4x ATK/2x HP/2x RCV mix of stats.

With 28K+ team HP, this team can tank a simultaneous triple Vampire Lord attack in the Heroes dungeon, and heal it all back before they can attack again.

MtTgm4X.jpg

I want that team. I actually have all the pieces though my Freyja is not evolved yet. Oh, and you have pumped literally millions more xp into them than I have. Will this team work well with any other friend than Artemis?

ToxicAdam

I can do the friday dungeon with Indra+AutoHealer. Just bring my best Gods/Dragons and they all get their HP's doubled. I usually have about 15k-20k HPs and it gives me plenty of buffer to beat them. Sometimes I'll even slot an Enchinda just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom