• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

Are the calendars for the jewel dragon dungeons static or do they rotate / randomize in some manner?

I have to imagine they are predictable since these websites have them posted, but I can't find anywhere that describes the pattern.

I just want to make a quick app that SMSs me when dungeons are up. :)

They rotate in a somewhat predictable pattern, but it gets shifted around. The times actually come from people who fastfoward the clock on their device and enter the PAD app. They can see the new dungeon times, but they can't enter them.

Pacman2k

They rotate in a somewhat predictable pattern, but it gets shifted around. The times actually come from people who fastfoward the clock on their device and enter the PAD app. They can see the new dungeon times, but they can't enter them.

Annoying!

Maybe I'll have to make my app scrape the information from puzzledragonx then... Piggyback off their work.

ParityBit

OK, so I should use a friends shiva, 4 red monsters (I don't have many) and some red sorta leader.

First round hoard red gems, and once I can use shiva's power, match 3 and move through the dungeon?

Also, I used all my materials. I got my ammy to level 73 (+10). I guess that's good for now.

Splat

For any of the newer plays lurking around I would highly suggest trying to put a resolve team together to get the 2x Rainbow Keeper today. It would take hours to grind through the 2 keepers but it's really worth it for the Rainbow. I was lucky to get one through a PAL roll very early on in my account and he was staple for my team for a very long time and still use them quite frequently.

The dublits are also really worth the effort on Fridays with great stats and only a team cost of 1.

Is there any way to not make it a pain in the ass to grind through the rainbow keeper? I can put together a shitty resolve team, but I don't know how to make it not take forever.

edit: or an odin team I guess, either way no attack mults :(

Is there any way to not make it a pain in the ass to grind through the rainbow keeper? I can put together a shitty resolve team, but I don't know how to make it not take forever.

Not sure what you're working with, but we've all been there. Grinding through Rainbow keeper is kind of a rite of passage for players. I ran it once I got my Siren Enchantress and an Odin friend. I had garbage subs, and just enough HP to tank the hit. It was so mind-numbing just making 3 orb changes to charge up Odin's skill.

OK, so I should use a friends shiva, 4 red monsters (I don't have many) and some red sorta leader.

First round hoard red gems, and once I can use shiva's power, match 3 and move through the dungeon?

Also, I used all my materials. I got my ammy to level 73 (+10). I guess that's good for now.

Pretty much, yes. Get rid of garbage gems, store your attack gems in the corners, and hope you don't get some crazy chain reaction going.

Nista

Anyone have a suggestion for which busty evolution choice for Fafnir? I was thinking of getting more dual color monsters to use with Isis and Horus teams.

Splat

Not sure what you're working with, but we've all been there. Grinding through Rainbow keeper is kind of a rite of passage for players. I ran it once I had a low level Siren Enchantress and Odin. I had garbage subs, and just enough HP to tank the hit. It was so mind-numbing just making 3 orb changes to charge up Odin's skill.

Pretty much, yes. Get rid of garbage gems, store your attack gems in the corners, and hope you don't get some crazy chain reaction going.

If I run Odin + ADK, as leaders, will I generally be okay getting the heals needed for odin, or should I just go odin/healer to not risk the 30 stam?

I want that team. I actually have all the pieces though my Freyja is not evolved yet. Oh, and you have pumped literally millions more xp into them than I have. Will this team work well with any other friend than Artemis?
I like Artemis best for pairing with Freyja, but she works well with any of the green multipliers like Parvati, another Freyja, and Prachys(evolved green starter dragon). But if you pair her with another Freyja or Prachys, she won't have any HP multipliers. So if you're playing a dungeon where the boss deals enough damage to 1-shot your team, you'll probably need an HP multiplier friend.

If I run Odin + ADK, as leaders, will I generally be okay getting the heals needed for odin, or should I just go odin/healer to not risk the 30 stam?

i'd go Odin+Healer+Rippers. Safer, just takes time to charge the nukes. It's going to take a long time no matter what you do (unless you are basically OP or use some Grudge Strike shit)

MicH

I don't think I've ever had such a productive day farming Rainbow Keepers as today before. Felt real good. Tomorrow is a bit more relaxed - while I do need some Mystic Masks, that's pretty much it and I don't desperately need them at this moment.. But Thursday and Friday.. man, plants and Dub-Mythlits galore, I tell ya!

Really need to find some time to get some Pengdras to use up all my Metal dragons x.x

Anyone have a suggestion for which busty evolution choice for Fafnir? I was thinking of getting more dual color monsters to use with Isis and Horus teams.
Fafnir is the green one, right? You want to minimize color conflicts between Isis and Horus, so Green/Light or Green/Dark. If you're ballsy enough to run with Ra, that leaves just one combination.
Annoying!

Maybe I'll have to make my app scrape the information from puzzledragonx then... Piggyback off their work.
There are a few phone apps for JP that I'm pretty sure call home to some server where a guy manually inputs the times. Logging the packets your phone sends to GungHo and attempting to replicate that might work too, but that's a wee bit out of most people's abilities.

OTIX

You can kill him much faster with Odin+healer rather than ADK. Don't try to deal damage with orbs, just make single matches as fast as possible at the top of the screen to avoid combos, charge up Odin and any rippers you have over and over. Takes 10-25 minutes depending on how many rippers you have.

Kosh

This is what I've been using for Rainbow Keeper today, with an Ama friend. Would rather have a Neptune in place of Lilith, but I don't have one. Vritra's skill charges in 15 turns like a ripper, but does 80k more damage when you're at 1 HP.

Rl7VHgw.jpg

ParityBit

Does anyone know if the Dawn in the sky - Expert (25 stamina) gives over 8551 xp? I am thinking I can hit that and level, then get 2 runs at the rainbow keeper tonight before it goes away.

OTIX

Does anyone know if the Dawn in the sky - Expert (25 stamina) gives over 8551 xp? I am thinking I can hit that and level, then get 2 runs at the rainbow keeper tonight before it goes away.
Probably yes, but it's pretty close and there's some variance involved.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is what I've been using for Rainbow Keeper today, with an Ama friend. Would rather have a Neptune in place of Lilith, but I don't have one. Vritra's skill charges in 15 turns like a ripper, but does 80k more damage when you're at 1 HP.

Rl7VHgw.jpg

Hmmm how has that been working out? I might try that with my Vritra.

J0dy77

You really need fully evolved rippers to start to make the dungeon less painful. Only the really really strong teams make it easy. I still takes me a good while with resolve team to get through Rainbow.

Like Log said, it's a rite of passage and well worth the effort. The keeper and a couple rainbow dubs can carry a team for a while.

Splat

You really need fully evolved rippers to start to make the dungeon less painful. Only the really really strong teams make it easy. I still takes me a good while with resolve team to get through Rainbow.

Like Log said, it's a rite of passage and well worth the effort. The keeper and a couple rainbow dubs can carry a team for a while.

Just powered through it at lunch w/ odin, black ripper, black starter dragon for 10k and green starter for 10k. Slow but not terrible terrible. Not I get to decide how many to grind today I guess?

daw840

Are the Rippers that everyone keeps talking about the dragons that evolve from the Lil Dragons? Such as the CDD or the Graviton?

daw840

I'm gonna try to make a run at the rainbow keeper next week. What would you guys think about the following team

ADK - leader
CDD
Graviton
Meteor
Fire dragon Tyrannos

Viper Orochi - friend

Edit. I could always replace the fire dragon with my siren the enchantress

MicH

I'm gonna try to make a run at the rainbow keeper next week. What would you guys think about the following team

ADK - leader
CDD
Graviton
Meteor
Fire dragon Tyrannos

Viper Orochi - friend
If you run Resolve you must have a healer leader. Otherwise it's useless as you will die the turn after.

Healer+Ofin is what I would recommend.

J0dy77

3 More Emerald Metal runs and 0 Kings. I had one show up but got the basic to drop. So painful.

Just powered through it at lunch w/ odin, black ripper, black starter dragon for 10k and green starter for 10k. Slow but not terrible terrible. Not I get to decide how many to grind today I guess?

Congrats. It's not too bad once you get to that last 10% and well worth the effort. He'll be around for a long time and then evolve something else when you don't need him anymore. Just have to work around the 25 team cost.

J0dy77

So healer plus Odin and my 4 strongest monsters? Which will end up being three rippers and an ADK.

Just make sure the healer can get you back to full for the first 3 rounds. That's the hardest part of the dungeon. Want to have a decent amount of HP if you can to be able to tank a few hits from the knights.

It does. Gives around 9k each time but should be over 8551.

SaintR

Need advice on my Red team. I have 1 Ruby king, 1 High and hopefully on Thursday after farming some plants, 1 evolved pengdras. Now I need advice on where to invest them in. These are my current

B5n0bCF.jpg

Thanks again guys.

Need advice on my Red team. I have 1 Ruby king, 1 High and hopefully on Thursday after farming some plants, 1 evolved pengdras. Now I need advice on where to invest them in. These are my current red squad:

Thanks again guys.

I would say Echidna or Tyrannos. Echidna because she is useful in a lot of teams, and those additional stats are always welcome. But, assuming you're planning to ultimate evo Tyrannos to use him as a leader, the EXP will go a farther stat-wise if you use it on him.

SaintR

I would say Echidna or Tyrannos. Echidna because she is useful in a lot of teams, and those additional stats are always welcome. But, assuming you're planning to ultimate evo Tyrannos to use him as a leader, the EXP will go a farther stat-wise if you use it on him.

Definitely planning on doing that. I actually have the Evo material now but I need to evolve my CDK for my ADK team and I'm super unlucky with mask runs so don't know if I want to put myself through the straiin of dat light/dark mask drop...took me forever to get the 2 mystic masks for ADK and CDK....

razterik

I'm gonna try to make a run at the rainbow keeper next week.

I would do it today, if you can. Rainbow Keeper is not a 100% drop, but the 2x drop rate today makes it much more likely. With a weaker team, spending a long time wearing him down and then not having him drop is really disappointing.

Your Siren and an Odin (or Orochi as long as you can clear the 50% HP) should be more than enough. Just be careful of rounds 2 and 3. You get multiple knights that can really whittle down your HP. Charge up the ripper dragons for them.

Rainbow Keeper is really a great starting piece as soon as you can pick up one or two of them. 3k HP, 1k ATK, and a super useful 50% reduction skill. Only downside is his 25 team cost when you are constricted early on.

OTIX

Maybe I went a little overboard with 9 rainbow keepers. But now I won't have to run it without the 2x for quite a while, which is nice.

Blah! This sucks. Was planning to run through the Ruby dungeon after recharging my stamina with a magic stone. Game is stuck in an endless loop and won't give me my stone. It's already charged my itunes account, though. 'Gonna miss the Ruby dungeon now.

Has this happened to anyone? Who do we contact? I can't access anything else in the game. If I restart, it takes me back to the stone buying prompt, but never gives it up.

ParityBit

Blah! This sucks. Was planning to run through the Ruby dungeon after recharging my stamina with a magic stone. Game is stuck in an endless loop and won't give me my stone. It's already charged my itunes account, though. 'Gonna miss the Ruby dungeon now.

Has this happened to anyone? Who do we contact? I can't access anything else in the game. If I restart, it takes me back to the stone buying prompt, but never gives it up.

Try closing the game completely and restarting it. I have heard that has worked but I have not had this issue myself.

daw840

Shit....I just spent a stone to recover my Stamina and I don't have an Odin or Viper friend available. Can anyone help?!? Please....

xCobalt

If you run Resolve you must have a healer leader. Otherwise it's useless as you will die the turn after.

Healer+Ofin is what I would recommend.

The rest of the Rainbow Keeper dungeon doesn't hit too hard. You have 6 or 7 turns to heal up to 50% which shouldn't be too bad. Viper to extend turns if the situation calls for it too.

SaintR

I've had the happened a few times. Ive deleted files in the Pad folder using a program like ifile, but it only broke the loop I didnt get the stone. Had to contact gungoho and they sent me the stone days later. However, the last time it happened, I restored my iPad and I broke the loop and got the stone. But either way it sucks...

So while I have managed to get the Fire, Water and even Light sky dragons, the Wood one is still eluding me. He just does SO. MUCH. DAMAGE. Even running a Graviton Earth Dragon as my leader, he hits me for something like 7k. Part of the problem is my red team is really weak it seems:

Shining Flame Ifrit (lvl 43, 1227HP 660ATK 160RCV)
Meteor Volcano Dragon (lvl 24, 1528HP 1039ATK 115RCV)
Red Skydragon El Dorado (lvl 10 352/481/125)
Flare Drall (lvl 16 820/371/175)

I have a bunch of other dudes that are non-red, but higher attack (Chaos Devil Dragon, ADK). Wish I could screen shot my android phone so I could show you my monster box.

In terms of healers, I'm also not in a great place. I have a lvl 1 siren, lvl 31 Alraune (565 rcv), lvl 37 angel (432 rcv) and lvl 11 Amaterasu (up to +8 RCV for 108 total). :-\ I got too used to Xelios's super ammy I guess.

Thoughts? Should I take the Alruane, some rippers and borrow an evolved Odin? I have a couple in my friends list.

Nista

Fafnir is the green one, right? You want to minimize color conflicts between Isis and Horus, so Green/Light or Green/Dark. If you're ballsy enough to run with Ra, that leaves just one combination.

Fafnir is the green one indeed. I have a blue/light Neptune so maybe I'll go dark with him.

Yeah I didn't roll a Ra but my roommate got one. I'm still not convinced I can take advantage of Horus better than Isis at this point. I need some more friend leaders to give it a shot.

So before the 2x skill goes away, should I feed my dupe sky dragons to each other. I don't feel like leveling up two of them is worth the xp cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom