• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Q for everyone. More out of curiosity.

How many boxes do you guys have and how many roster-able monsters do you have (not low level crap mobs)?

Currently, I have 120 boxes and 36 monsters.

That 120 keeps getting smaller by the day....

I am not sure hoe many roster-able monsters. But I have 200 boxes (198 full)

I dont know where i my team should should go at this moment.
ADK 29 / DK 1
Horus 27
Ra 30
Thanatos 14
Undine 12
Lilith 33 / Succubus 18
Blue Ripper 26
Almost rippers Red/White/Black 46/31/14
Verche 1

Im trying to get all my rippers fully upped and finish my adk team. They are pretty diverse and i use them on my horus. I really need to find a siren so i can heal.

Radav

How many boxes do you guys have and how many roster-able monsters do you have (not low level crap mobs)?

190 Boxes Total.
56 Subs.
166 Full.

I'm an evo mat hoarder. I can't bare to toss out stuff that could be used. So I've got tons of mythlits, pengdras, random keepers, etc. that might have a use for me in the future. Usually it would be alot more full but I'm almost out of dragon plants.

loki_demi

Neo Member
guys if anyone have hunting deity artemis the 6* please add me. 363 840 224. im usually using a 6* freyja lvl 37. Ill start leveling it with the tech dung increase at the moment.

55 Boxes
14 are strong enough to even consider using

Rest filled with either monsters I haven't trained but will, low level dudes I haven't used as exp yet, or evo mats.

I have 484 monsters and 500 boxes. I have 80 rosterable monsters FAVed. The rest are all fusion/evo mats, including 267 Emerald Dragons that I still have leftover from the past 2 Sundays. Most of those will be going toward leveling my Dark and Light monsters since I already maxed out most of my Wood monsters. I would love 2 Plant days per week.

MicH

I have 109 FAV'ed monsters though they include common mobs like evolved Chimeras, Demons, Rainbow Keepers and duplicates (have 4 Succubus/Lilliths, 3 ADKs etc).

265 boxes total, most are full at the moments as I'm hoarding Ruby Dragons.

Cool seems like most of us have around the same # of boxes....

I have 484 monsters and 500 boxes. I have 80 rosterable monsters FAVed. The rest are all fusion/evo mats, including 267 Emerald Dragons that I still have leftover from the past 2 Sundays. Most of those will be going toward leveling my Dark and Light monsters since I already maxed out most of my Wood monsters. I would love 2 Plant days per week.

I have 109 FAV'ed monsters though they include common mobs like evolved Chimeras, Demons, Rainbow Keepers and duplicates (have 4 Succubus/Lilliths, 3 ADKs etc).

265 boxes total, most are full at the moments as I'm hoarding Ruby Dragons.

...oh maybe not. :D

That 2x King event done? I just picked up 3 in 4 runs, which seems AWFULLY high for a non-event

As of right now, I am at 391/435 on my total box space. I count 76 monsters (some dupes, some I will probably never use). I have 15 ruby dragons from today's dungeon, 13 evolved green pendgras I will pump into something, down to only 10 plants, and like 66 metal dragons, not to mention various other materials. I am going to do dark skydragon on adept and then I should go farm some pendgras. I also still need to get the light skydragon to drop so that is one other thing to go after.

As of right now, I am at 391/435 on my total box space. I count 76 monsters (some dupes, some I will probably never use). I have 15 ruby dragons from today's dungeon, 13 evolved green pendgras I will pump into something, down to only 10 plants, and like 66 metal dragons, not to mention various other materials. I am going to do dark skydragon on adept and then I should go farm some pendgras. I also still need to get the light skydragon to drop so that is one other thing to go after.

took me 5-6 times for the Light Skydragon to drop. That's about 3-4 more times than I've needed to run the other ones.

I Fucking hate dragon plants! I've run the tower of giants so many times without a single drop!!!
It's really not worth farming that dungeon for Dragon Plants. I'm guessing GungHo decreased the drop rate for Plants in that dungeon because they used to drop much more frequently a couple months ago. Now they hardly ever drop. Maybe GungHo decreased the rate due to people constantly farming it during 1/2 stamina weekends. I'd only farm it if I had a particular evolution that needed it and couldn't wait until Thursday. I wouldn't bother if it's for evolving a bunch of Pengdras.

StMeph

Anyone running Viper Orochi? All of the ones on my list have recently switched to Artemis or Isis, and I'd like to try clearing Hades on Normal.

It's really not worth farming that dungeon for Dragon Plants. I'm guessing GungHo decreased the drop rate for Plants in that dungeon because they used to drop much more frequently a couple months ago. Now they hardly ever drop. Maybe GungHo decreased the rate due to people constantly farming it during 1/2 stamina weekends. I'd only farm it if I had a particular evolution that needed it and couldn't wait until Thursday. I wouldn't bother if it's for evolving a bunch of Pengdras.

Thanks for mentioning this. Definitely feels like it to me.

mercviper

Anyone running Viper Orochi? All of the ones on my list have recently switched to Artemis or Isis, and I'd like to try clearing Hades on Normal.

Unless you can't heal to your resolve threshold in 6 turns (or however long it takes) you don't need orochi in particular. Just run it with an ogre and my amu.

Caerith

I've only been playing for ~45 days, and have 85 boxes. 36 are FAV'd, and the rest are a mix of evo materials, and emeralds/pengdras waiting for plants.

Of my 36 FAV'd:
  • 11 are immediately rosterable (5 evolved rippers, ADK, Alraune, Parvati GG, Holy Ceres, Echidna TRE, Lilith tWotN)
  • 3 are circumstantial (2 Succubus, Gigas for resolve)
  • 5 will be rosterable after they get a lot more experience (4 sky dragons, light mechdragon)
  • 1 needs exp and evo and more exp to fit my green team (Earth Guardian)
  • 5 could actually make a pretty decent blue team if I evolved and leveled them and found a Hermes friend (Plesios, Berserk, Fenrir Knight, Siren, Mermaid)
  • 11 that I don't have a use for but won't throw away just yet (3 starter dragons, Drall, Undine, Fafnir, Dragonette, Verche, Angel, Dark Golem, Vampire Lord)
I have a spreadsheet of which evo materials I need so I know which divine masks I can afford to throw out and how many times I'll need to farm each keeper. 49 free spots seems pretty limited.

I've only been playing for ~45 days, and have 85 boxes. 36 are FAV'd, and the rest are a mix of evo materials, and emeralds/pengdras waiting for plants.

Of my 36 FAV'd:
  • 11 are immediately rosterable (5 evolved rippers, ADK, Alraune, Parvati GG, Holy Ceres, Echidna TRE, Lilith tWotN)
  • 3 are circumstantial (2 Succubus, Gigas for resolve)
  • 5 will be rosterable after they get a lot more experience (4 sky dragons, light mechdragon)
  • 1 needs exp and evo and more exp to fit my green team (Earth Guardian)
  • 5 could actually make a pretty decent blue team if I evolved and leveled them and found a Hermes friend (Plesios, Berserk, Fenrir Knight, Siren, Mermaid)
  • 11 that I don't have a use for but won't throw away just yet (3 starter dragons, Drall, Undine, Fafnir, Dragonette, Verche, Angel, Dark Golem, Vampire Lord)
I have a spreadsheet of which evo materials I need so I know which divine masks I can afford to throw out and how many times I'll need to farm each keeper. 49 free spots seems pretty limited.
I should really excel my evo mats too.

I need like 20k to evo my volcano dragon. I'm tempted to use my 8 pal pulls. I won't though. Will wait until an event.

Try to hit the ruby dungeon that is running at different times today. Even with terrible luck, you should be able to get that in two runs at least.

daw840

Try to hit the ruby dungeon that is running at different times today. Even with terrible luck, you should be able to get that in two runs at least.
I was kinda planning on saving those rubys I got today for pengdras. I already got two kings from that dungeon today. That's why I only need 20k more lol

MicH

Whelp, I'm now out of dragon plants - and I still have 34 Ruby dragons in my box. Only just now managed to use up all my Emerald dragons from yesterday. Really need to get more this Thursday.

Looking forward to Keepers tomorrow, as I need 4 Green, 2 Blue and 1 Red. I should definitely be able to get that.

Slowly running out of (useful) monsters to evolve :p I still have a lot, but they're less... interesting.

Whelp, I'm now out of dragon plants - and I still have 34 Ruby dragons in my box. Only just now managed to use up all my Emerald dragons from yesterday. Really need to get more this Thursday.

Looking forward to Keepers tomorrow, as I need 4 Green, 2 Blue and 1 Red. I should definitely be able to get that.

Slowly running out of (useful) monsters to evolve :p I still have a lot, but they're less... interesting.

I can use some keepers as well (thankfully I don't need many rainbows right now) but they will mainly be used to try to skill up my Mech Golems.

And my only word of advice about evolving/leveling is this: as nice as it is to have a box full of evolved creatures, try to focus on the ones you use most. I look back at the hundreds of thousands I have spent on various dragons and other creatures and wish I would have pumped those into my primaries. A level 30 Siren the Enchanter is nice, but a level 70 one would be even better.

daw840

Ha! Ran again and got some maxed pengdras and just used them to level up my volcano dragon to a meteor volcano dragon! Now use some patience and put 5 evolved pengdras into him!

Caerith

What's better? A mono-color Indian team with only one orb changer (at skill 1), a mono-color team with two orb changers (at skill 1) but only a starter dragon leader, or an ADK (at skill 1) with only rippers as subs? Trying to figure out where to focus my efforts.

J0dy77

I have a viper on my iPad that is always up. Should be on the list, send me an invite.

I have 165 box spots and 149 usable. I almost bought more because I was fighting space a lot. Finally dumped a bunch today with the pengdras bonus and ruby dragons.

Do dual element monsters get feeder bonus from both elements or just their primary? I'm guessing the former but the latter would make leveling a lot easier.

What's better? A mono-color Indian team with only one orb changer (at skill 1), a mono-color team with two orb changers (at skill 1) but only a starter dragon leader, or an ADK (at skill 1) with only rippers as subs? Trying to figure out where to focus my efforts.

How far along are you? I would probably suggest focusing on the ADK team first, pumping the majority of the xp to the ADK himself since he can be used in the other teams (assuming they are green). Eventually I would shift over to the mono-color Indian team but hopefully with a few more pieces by the time you get to it.

Caerith

How far along are you? I would probably suggest focusing on the ADK team first, pumping the majority of the xp to the ADK himself since he can be used in the other teams (assuming they are green). Eventually I would shift over to the mono-color Indian team but hopefully with a few more pieces by the time you get to it.
Far enough that I've evolved my ADK (lvl 54) and Parvati (lvl 30); for the blue team, I have Berserk and Fenrir Knight (both low level), Siren (not TE), and Plesios (4*)-- so blue would be quite a bit of work.

For ADK, what subs should I focus on? I have 5 rippers (evolved, but under level 30), 4 sky dragons (no dark yet, all at base level 10), and 1 mechdragon (light, low level). I also have a Fafnir and Dragonette (gacha has a sense of humor) and a Drall (gacha has a sick sense of humor).

MicH

Hot damn my green Freyja/Artemis team just rips through Oceanus Falls. EVERY enemy goes down in a single 3-match combo - and if there's like 3 or 4 blue enemies they ALL go down to that. Amazing.

(Yes I'm still at Oceanus Falls :( I NEED TO GET TO OCEAN OF HEAVEN)

Yaari

Puzzle & Dragons - GungHo Official
Expect good news soon! Also, keep in mind since we went straight from 4.2-5.0, there are still dungeons from 4.3-4.4 players will get to experience for the first time.

- from Facebook.

Succes!

I'd rather skip straight to whiskeys TBQH

BGO1SG2CcAAp71e.jpg

60 team cost :(

Really digging this 1.5% drop event in the technical dungeons. I've gotten a +egg in every run today, and two in my last run. If I had a gripe, it'd be that I haven't gotten any +RCV eggs.

Question for everyone regarding the Endless Dungeon:

Is the endless dungeon a good test for a team looking to take on the Hera Dungeon? If you're able to make it to Hera and beat her there, is it a safe assumption that you can do the same for her special dungeon?

snagged a Dark Skydragon, so that one is wrapped up now.

now I get to wrap up that stone... It took four runs though (with no MDK or Cerberus appearances) so I have not been able to enjoy the ruby dragons, or 1.5 drop technicals.

Maybe next time.

OTIX

Is the endless dungeon a good test for a team looking to take on the Hera Dungeon? If you're able to make it to Hera and beat her there, is it a safe assumption that you can do the same for her special dungeon?
Kind of, yes. All the bosses in the Hera dungeon are also in the Endless dungeon and they're much harder as well. However there's one important difference, in the Endless dungeon all your skills will be charged by the time you reach the dangerous trash waves. If you want to approximate the Hera dungeon as much as possible then maybe blow all your skills as you kill the lvl 40 boss, 41-43 should be very similar to the trash in the Hera dungeon.

Kind of, yes. All the bosses in the Hera dungeon are also in the Endless dungeon and they're much harder as well. However there's one important difference, in the Endless dungeon all your skills will be charged by the time you reach the dangerous trash waves. If you want to approximate the Hera dungeon as much as possible then maybe blow all your skills as you kill the lvl 40 boss, 41-43 should be very similar to the trash in the Hera dungeon.

Very good point, OTIX. I hadn't thought of that. I think my Great Valk team is close to being ready.

Far enough that I've evolved my ADK (lvl 54) and Parvati (lvl 30); for the blue team, I have Berserk and Fenrir Knight (both low level), Siren (not TE), and Plesios (4*)-- so blue would be quite a bit of work.

For ADK, what subs should I focus on? I have 5 rippers (evolved, but under level 30), 4 sky dragons (no dark yet, all at base level 10), and 1 mechdragon (light, low level). I also have a Fafnir and Dragonette (gacha has a sense of humor) and a Drall (gacha has a sick sense of humor).

Not sure you need to raise the rippers that much more. I have mine so they are all over 1000 ATK but really the main reason they are there is their 20k bomb. The sky dragons don't seem that great to me unless maybe you take them all the way to 99. Raise the mech dragon. I only have the dark one myself because I was too low level to tackle them when I first started playing. Out of the others, the Drall might be worth leveling/evolving because it does have orb changing.

Is max evolved lilth worth it?

YES. She gives you poison, not quite as strong as Neptune but if you don't have him...

I have 150 boxes, 60 favorites, but only about 25 are in use on a regular basis. By the time Thursday rolls around, I rarely have any space left due to pengdras/dragons.

Very good point, OTIX. I hadn't thought of that. I think my Great Valk team is close to being ready.
I've tried it with my great Valk team and I can't get past level 35, with three dragons. I feel like after that I'd be ok but even with echidna I don't have time to take one out.

J0dy77

I've run master 3 times and it dropped the first run.

I already had Verche and 2 extra MLKs and, despite the 2x skill-up event at the time, no skill-up so it was useless to me.

I'd recommend running master over expert though. I ran expert a gazillion times for my Naga and had much better luck with master. I'd imagine the light dungeon has similar drop rates.

Really didn't want to hear people say that. 50 stamina hurts and I'd be playing it maybe twice a day since the exp is terrible for the cost and I'm at 76 stamina. Takes 45k to level. Ill keep running expert for now and try master if I can't get one when the dungeon is ending or at the end of exp levels. Doesn't help that I just wiped on expert because that dude hits hard with no resist. My siren just didn't cut it at 650 healing.

I have 150 boxes, 60 favorites, but only about 25 are in use on a regular basis. By the time Thursday rolls around, I rarely have any space left due to pengdras/dragons.

I've tried it with my great Valk team and I can't get past level 35, with three dragons. I feel like after that I'd be ok but even with echidna I don't have time to take one out.

That one was a sticking point for me as well. It's a roll of a dice depending on the counters you get. What lvls are you sitting on? All my healer-girls are b/w 40-60 right now. If they're all on different timers, I can get through it. When the round starts, I activate poison and Orochi's delay. If they're all on the same timer, I focus on the green dragon because I can still survive with resolve if red and blue hit me one after another.

After that, it's still pretty dicey with the trash mobs. Carbuncles on the same timer will kill you, and the little demons are always a pain. This is why I'm gonna pour a little more lvls / +eggs to this team, because as OTIX said, you're not gonna readied skills.

Caerith

Not sure you need to raise the rippers that much more. I have mine so they are all over 1000 ATK but really the main reason they are there is their 20k bomb. The sky dragons don't seem that great to me unless maybe you take them all the way to 99. Raise the mech dragon. I only have the dark one myself because I was too low level to tackle them when I first started playing. Out of the others, the Drall might be worth leveling/evolving because it does have orb changing.
Really? Toy dragons are useful? Their attack seems so... laughable. But I'll focus on my mech, and hopefully we'll get the eyepatch & katana dragons soon.

YES. She gives you poison, not quite as strong as Neptune but if you don't have him...
I'll also chime in (because Lilith is my backup plan) that you should feed +ATK eggs to your main poisoner in addition to maxing out their level. When you fight something like (Hera Descends) Neptune, where the defense is so high you can only scratch it, then however much damage that poison is doing is how long you're going to be sitting there waiting for it to die. Maxing out Lilith's +ATK will save you like 50 rounds.

Toy dragons are "useful" for the one dungeon that happens to have monsters of their dual resist types. I guess Guard Stance can be useful at times, although getting some of them skilled up is a different matter.

New details about 5.11 for JP:
http://www.puzzledragons.com/2013/03/ver-511.html

In addition to the actual Demon monsters that got left out of 5.1, they're introducing an "Angel" type. I'm guessing they'll be dual-typing random shit to have Angel type too. They're adding a cycle of Archangels (not the Archangel healder girl, GungHo USA is probably kicking themselves for mistranslating her right about now) from Christian mythology. Raphael/Gabriel/etc.

Caerith

Toy dragons are "useful" for the one dungeon that happens to have monsters of their dual resist types. I guess Guard Stance can be useful at times, although getting some of them skilled up is a different matter.

New details about 5.11 for JP:
http://www.puzzledragons.com/2013/03/ver-511.html

In addition to the actual Demon monsters that got left out of 5.1, they're introducing an "Angel" type. I'm guessing they'll be dual-typing random shit to have Angel type too. They're adding a cycle of Archangels (not the Archangel healder girl, GungHo USA is probably kicking themselves for mistranslating her right about now) from Christian mythology. Raphael/Gabriel/etc.
In before the dark angel is revealed as Samael.

GungHo USA doesn't strike me as the most literary of translators. They might not even notice.

That one was a sticking point for me as well. It's a roll of a dice depending on the counters you get. What lvls are you sitting on? All my healer-girls are b/w 40-60 right now. If they're all on different timers, I can get through it. When the round starts, I activate poison and Orochi's delay. If they're all on the same timer, I focus on the green dragon because I can still survive with resolve if red and blue hit me one after another.

After that, it's still pretty dicey with the trash mobs. Carbuncles on the same timer will kill you, and the little demons are always a pain. This is why I'm gonna pour a little more lvls / +eggs to this team, because as OTIX said, you're not gonna readied skills.
I'm admittedly pretty low level. Here's my team:

Orochi(4) or Great Valk(32)
Lilith TWOTN (30)
Siren the Enchantress (41)
Siren (evolve tomorrow)
Echidna (52)

Both sirens are max skill. I'm also a bit limited because I only have 2 Valkyrie friends that are up with any consistency. I think yours is the best on my list.

I know I need to level this team but my focus is super spread out at the moment. My red team is hovering around lvl 50, 4/5 of my green team is not even evolved, and I'd like to evolve my vamp lord sometime soon as well.

So much to do, so little exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom